Does anything stop Rex Lead?

Prev134
LastJedi
3047 posts Member
edited October 2016
Rex lead **** me off. Can I spend less than 10,000 dollars and make a team to stop Rex lead? What would it be. It can't include Rex.

It has to win on auto, i.e. defend 100%.

Replies

• RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    LOL every week you have someone to complain about that you dont use.
  • Bail_Writte
    200 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Again . Teebo leader with old daka with good potancy mods, 2 attackers (I use resistance pilot and Leia) with Lumi with her heal/attack .

Use Teebos TM reduction with Dakas stun. Problem solved
    Post edited by Bail_Writte on
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I do? Who I complain about last week? Or the week before? :)

I don't want to just win on offense.
    I want to know if there is ever any reason where you have to remove Rex from your team in order to win on offense.
  • Options
    GG lead
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yep. Any team.

I crush him with droids.
    I crush him with my wiggs,lando team.

If I can do it with those 2 crit centric teams, any team should be able to do it.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I hate to quote myself. See my last post.

You saying u can auto and defend at least sometimes?
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe guys that use rex and fac/b2 can answer. What can't u beat without benching rex.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    If such a thing as you ask for existed, that would mean the game is sinking for me. But it's not. Many things beat many other things and also get beaten by the same. Hopefully it gets more diverse, not less.
  • Options
    Let me make sure I'm understand you... You want a team that will win 100% of the time on auto in arena? Without spending money?
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    There's no team I face where I absolutely have to bench Rex in order to beat them. If only they fixed his AI to always use Squad Discipline first
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Let me make sure I'm understand you... You want a team that will win 100% of the time on auto in arena? Without spending money?
    Didn't say that. I said if I had 10grand....

Could I make a team that can defend against Rex, not all teams. Just Rex Lead.
    Not even ALL rex lead. Just some of those teams. Rex Lead with lando, Fac/B2, Anni/EP, STH/RG. You know. The usual Rex lead that is probably around in your arena. It's ok if Ugnaught and CUP can beat it. I just want to know if there is a team Rex cannot beat all the time on offense.

Short of something that can defend against Rex lead 100%, is there something that will defend against it sometimes.... without insanely outmodding it.

Short of that, is there something that can at least easily beat it without outmodding it.

Is there any sort of counter to Rex?

Is there any time someone with Rex says, "for this match, I better put Rex on the bench."
  • Options
    It looks like the moral of the story is regardless if your team can beat a Rex lead team on defense, it won't matter that same team that is good defending against a Rex will be bad at defending against a different team. So there is no winning at the end of the day.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    what is this team that will defend against Rex? I wanna know. I don't care if it is bad against everything else. I see every other team on my shard change leader, change toons, to beat certain teams. Or else fail. *
    Only single time I seen a Rex lead have to change squad is to beat another rex lead... still using their own Rex, o course. Before that, the Rex guys on my shard didn't know a team could even defend against them, period. So if there's any team without rex on it that will defend against Rex, I'm very curious.

*Except the most modded droid team. Which don't really bother me, cuz lots of stuff beats is like on auto.. like Rex squads. I got my own medicine for droids, too.
  • Options
    ob sf aayla fives Anakin, just make sure your ob is faster than his rex (ideally faster than your lineup), else use b2 in place of sf.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Cool...
    OB
    SF
    5s
    Anni
    Aayla.

OB lead, I take it?
    So if they have 220 speed Rex and/or 210 speed ST Han, I can use
    OB lead
    B2
    5s
    Anni
    Aayla

And this will beat Rex L, lando, dual tank (FAC/B2/Han/RG), EP/Anni on auto...like half of the time?
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Side question.

Poe.. I can get poe faster than enemies ST Han... But after a few tries, it doesn't look like TM reduction is working on Rex L... Does Poe give Rex Lead TM? Or have I just been unlucky? Against non Rex lead, it looks like it works on more toons than not.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Remember Poe needs potency for TM reduction.
  • Options
    that lineup should work most of the time, rex lead requires crits to fuel his team's tm.
    That lineup shouldn't run crits except for Anakin and aayla. In fact you can even run crit avoidance mods on most of them to neuter opposition lando (if they field lando which is often in rex lead setups)

As long as your ob goes first, he will ability block taunts etc. B2 is good if u miss ability block on rex, he will remove tenacity up and apply buff block also.
    Can also work ep in there somehow if u like. Basically against rex lead, u want toons that have high ehp and doesn't rely on crits mostly
  • Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Maybe guys that use rex and fac/b2 can answer. What can't u beat without benching rex.

I don't use SF/ B2, only Rex lead. My wife uses B2 but not Rex.

Both of us struggle beating higher speed squads. Just to make it clear, top 10 squads that move faster than us. She's got droids so it's RNG if that happens. For me, I have to prioritize my targets, calculate damages so as to not trigger EP's health steal and RG's taunt unless I'm ready for a kill or a dispel. There have been moments when I'm locked in a fight but don't drop so I assume I defended. But I've been in the low 20s overnight. I've also been inside of top 5. So I don't get what you're trying to say.
  • Options
    Cool...
    OB
    SF
    5s
    Anni
    Aayla.

OB lead, I take it?
    OB lead
    B2
    5s
    Anni
    Aayla

And this will beat Rex L, lando, dual tank (FAC/B2/Han/RG), EP/Anni on auto...like half of the time?

against dual taunting tanks, sf is more effective.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Akiraine wrote: »
    Cool...
    OB
    SF
    5s
    Anni
    Aayla.

OB lead, I take it?
    OB lead
    B2
    5s
    Anni
    Aayla

against dual taunting tanks, sf is more effective.

But.... u said ben must be faster for fac to work...

So how does that work when ben has 112 speed? Rex is at least 125, right? Rex on my shard i can't out speed with ben..

So will not work with slower ben and b2?
  • Options
    You need asajj ventress. Works perfectly.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    @Azrael2704 Is there any team u simply cannot beat even with 5 tries? What squad is it?
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Tactyou wrote: »
    You need asajj ventress. Works perfectly.

U think assaj >>b2 or sunfac? On defense?
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Against Rex squad discipline. I run Rex lead with sun fac and most guys taking me down have asajj. Fortunately only 2 have asajj in my shard.

Asajj dispel is 3 turns cooldown while Rex need 4 turns to use his squad discipline. In effect asajj dispel Rex squad discipline and sun fac taunt. 2 birds with one dispel.

On defense I have no idea really. Sorry about that.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    If such a thing as you ask for existed, that would mean the game is sinking for me. But it's not. Many things beat many other things and also get beaten by the same. Hopefully it gets more diverse, not less.

Well I am thinking it would be better. If there was a counter for every team. So if u couldn't outmod, u could use an alt squad. For instance, ep lead can be beat with speed/droids with worse mods. Droids can be beat with tanky squads or rex/facb2 with worse mods. That kinda thing. Is there a thing for Rex?
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    JKA lead, LC, EP, Han ST, OG Han (to stun Rex, opening move)

Wiggs, LC, Han ST, EP or JKA

These sound good, too, thx.

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Tactyou wrote: »
    Against Rex squad discipline. I run Rex lead with sun fac and most guys taking me down have asajj. Fortunately only 2 have asajj in my shard.

Asajj dispel is 3 turns cooldown while Rex need 4 turns to use his squad discipline. In effect asajj dispel Rex squad discipline and sun fac taunt. 2 birds with one dispel.

On defense I have no idea really. Sorry about that.

Cool... but b2 will groups dispel, too. And he also has a fast cooldown plus the buff block. Does anyone run b2 on ur shard? I would think b2 is better pvp on offense and especially on defense over assaj?? Is there something specially good about assaj over b2 regarding rex lead?

Also u know what I am talking bout. Haha. Most guys that take u down have assaj. There are only 2. So like 3 guys can take u down... lol.