***TOURNAMENT MEGATHREAD*** (All related posts here)

Replies

• Options
    So due to the exploit, can you expand the shard rewards for Shoretrooper? The exploit has ruined the chance for most people to compete and not expanding the rewards could lead to worse times down the road seeing as Shoretrooper will be the best tank in the game and most people are unable to get him.
  • Options
    Maybe have like top 10 7*, top 25 6*, top 100 5*, and so on?
  • Options
    Close all topics that ask clearly a solution to the many problems of the tournament will not help.

The best would be to cancel this event and resolve at least the basics.

Expect the next and let the explorers with their prizes and do nothing for those who spent honestly crystals will cause them to lose many P2P players.
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    1235f8h.png

Just want to say thank you as my toons are getting expensive to refresh already.
  • Options
    This is a note from last night regarding Refreshes.
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    It turns out that we will not be updating the refresh timer in game. Doing this would create additional risks which could break other parts of the tournament. This will be fixed with a patch as soon as the current tournament is finished.

The refresh for characters will actually happen when the in game refresh timer shows that there are 16 hours left. The exact times are 9am GMT for Asia/Pacific/Australia, 3pm GMT in Europe & Africa, and 10pm GMT in North/South America.

We will continue to monitor player feedback and are planning on making some adjustments for the next tournament.
  • Options
    everyone saying lock def team but still have mod issue to solve.
  • crzydroid
    7354 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ok, and apparently now I don't get the the refresh when I was supposed to.
  • Options
    Why wasn't the tournament presented in a 3 v 3 format option? The 5 v 5 just eats through characters which for free to play users is just hell.
  • Options
    sarincloud wrote: »
    If this was beta tested, how was that timer issue not found, or the exploit! It leads me to believe that it was known and when everyone else realized, the official response is, "oh sorry, maybe we'll fix it next event." Making me seriously think about leaving the game, and this is coming from someone that has spent roughly $800 a month, not the biggest whale, just a baby whale

• Options
    Why wasn't the tournament presented in a 3 v 3 format option? The 5 v 5 just eats through characters which for free to play users is just hell.
  • Manowar
    288 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Thank you for posting this.
    scuba wrote: »
    Here is the notes from Community manger.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/70208/pvp-tournament-some-updates#latest
    It turns out that we will not be updating the refresh timer in game. Doing this would create additional risks which could break other parts of the tournament. This will be fixed with a patch as soon as the current tournament is finished.

The refresh for characters will actually happen when the in game refresh timer shows that there are 16 hours left. The exact times are 9am GMT for Asia/Pacific/Australia, 3pm GMT in Europe & Africa, and 10pm GMT in North/South America.
    So for north/south America the refresh will happen at 1800 Eastern.

TLDR. The system is broke they can't fix it. There is only one refresh per day it will happen when the timer reads 16 hours left.

But this...
    Ok I am going to say this one time.. this is in regards to Exploiting and cheating.

Naming and Shaming
    Naming and shaming those who you believe to be cheating is not permitted on the forum. It is not productive and does not expedite action taken against these players. Any references of this type will be removed. Instead, Report players directly for investigation information on how to do so can be viewed below.

Reporting potential cheaters
    If you want to report a potential cheater, please send a message to @CG_LucifersDaddy with details on why you think someone is cheating, your ally code and the name of the suspected cheater.

You are not allowed to accuse *ANYONE* of cheating\exploiting, if you think they are report them.

Point taken, Bentwookiee. But my question is this, how is taking advantage of the game mechanics the way they were designed actually cheating?

Exploiting is a better term. But totally within the law. No I have not done it either.

All due respect, I do appreciate your hard work as a moderator. It's an honest observation though. If the devs designed it that way, it should not be penalized or discouraged.

*Edited for formatting and for comments addressed to Moderator.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Giving the exploits and teething problems on this event, EA/CG should do a 1-time adjustment the rank prizes to compensate for this tournament. eg. Prize Tiers 1-4 all get the pack for Tier 1 (#1), and every other tier gets the prize of tier -3. So if you placed 500-1000 (tier 11), you'd actually get prize tier 8 (what 26-100 gets now). IMO, that would lessen the effect of the exploiters and sudden refresh on Monday, both of which have robbed people of rank.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Scott8819
    32 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    A few suggestions for the next tournament - your defense squad can only be updated once a day and you can't use any toon as an attacker for that day if they are on your defense squad. Able to use each toon twice before a refresh occurs. Cap refresh costs to 250 crystals for a team of 5. I stopped refreshing when my best team cost 500 crystals. Make this a 2 day event.
    I hope the shoretrooper is the only toon to be available for this type of tournament. If the next tournament there is a new rogue one toon, this will really become expensive. It will take most people several tournaments to max out shoretrooper.
  • Options
    sarincloud wrote: »
    If this was beta tested, how was that timer issue not found, or the exploit! It leads me to believe that it was known and when everyone else realized, the official response is, "oh sorry, maybe will fix it next event." Making me seriously think about leaving the game, and this is coming from someone that has spent roughly $800 a month, not the biggest whale, just a baby whale

We are the beta testers.
  • Options
    Scott8819 wrote: »
    A few suggestions for the next tournament - your defense squad can only be updated once a day and you can't use any toon as an attacker for that day if they are on your defense squad. Able to use each toon twice before a refresh occurs. Cap refresh costs to 250 crystals for a team of 5. I stopped refreshing when my best team cost 500 crystals. Make this a 2 day event.
    I hope the shoretrooper is the only toon to available for this type of tournament. If the next tournament there is a new rogue one toon, tissue will really become expensive.

I agree about not being able to modify your defense team but I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use that squad for attack.
  • Options
    No character refresh here. Is there a time when this is gonna be fixed?
  • Options
    Ya'll be wishing pretty hard. How's that hope taste? Savor it. Cause the final result will be a bitter draft. Doubtless lol
  • Options
    Ok I am going to say this one time.. this is in regards to Exploiting and cheating.

How about instead of wagging the finger like a disappointed parent, u respond with some more professionalism towards your paying customers...let me help, if I can... "All, as a reminder, please be sure to refrain from naming and shaming on the forum. Thank you for your contained patronage!"
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    Options
    Once the spenders get their 7* Shoretrooper than how will ea/CG make boat loads of money from the event?
  • Options
    @BentWookiee

People are upset about the exploiting, and the official response was "eh". So what good is reporting them? It's already been made clear that the exploit will have ZERO consequences. My question is this: If these guys are exploiting(it's not a suspicion but a fact that can be seen on the leaderboards, how is it considered shaming when they are actually exploiting right in front of everyone and laughing all the way?

I am just saying, it's one thing to shame a suspected cheater, and another thing to do it to someone who will flat out tell you they are doing it.

Agreed, i just don't understand why it seems so often we have exploits and every time we just let it go for a few. Getting really tired of it.
  • Options
    But i cant use OB he doesnt even show up in my roster
  • Options
    The problem isn't whales spending, everyone knew that was going to happen. The problem is EA and them not doing anything about the exploiting. They would have still spent the 8000 crystals. The problem is, they weren't guaranteed a victory. With this dumb exploit and the lack of testing by EA/CG to figure something so simple out is the problem. Then to do nothing, is a bigger joke.

EA/CG - Here is your free project management tip. When you test it out...you send it to people who aren't developers first. Like people in finance, marketing, etc. Let them play around and give suggestions. They don't have a clue and will think out side the box. They will find things the project team won't think of because they aren't vested in the decisions. Then you send it to your group of "fan-boys" that will tell you what you want to hear. Then you roll it out. Will there still be issues, yes. But they should be minimal. I understand this is what is happening with the next raid. But you didn't pay attention to your own mod-debacle. Hope you pay attention for the Ships drop. That way when you "drop the mic" you aren't Drake thinking you have a chance in a battle with Eminem.
  • Options
    Have not idea what you're talking about bro...
  • Options
    JG44D2 wrote: »
    The problem isn't whales spending, everyone knew that was going to happen. The problem is EA and them not doing anything about the exploiting. They would have still spent the 8000 crystals. The problem is, they weren't guaranteed a victory. With this dumb exploit and the lack of testing by EA/CG to figure something so simple out is the problem. Then to do nothing, is a bigger joke.

EA/CG - Here is your free project management tip. When you test it out...you send it to people who aren't developers first. Like people in finance, marketing, etc. Let them play around and give suggestions. They don't have a clue and will think out side the box. They will find things the project team won't think of because they aren't vested in the decisions. Then you send it to your group of "fan-boys" that will tell you what you want to hear. Then you roll it out. Will there still be issues, yes. But they should be minimal. I understand this is what is happening with the next raid. But you didn't pay attention to your own mod-debacle. Hope you pay attention for the Ships drop. That way when you "drop the mic" you aren't Drake thinking you have a chance in a battle with Eminem.

Like :)
  • Options
    The perfect rule would have been to have Zero, or at least very minimal, paid refreshes. Then where you placed would have been based on your roster and skill level. Big spenders would still have the advantage because of their massively geared rosters.

If they were worried about money then they could have charged a 500 crystal entry fee. And could have created a lot more shards so people felt they had a real chance to place higher.

As it stands, it's a joke and not sure how anyone can call it a tournament. Even in a rebuy poker tournament (also a joke) they only allow you to spend a certain amount or for a set time. And then only if you've been knocked out.

I spent 25 crystals and then realized there was no point in trying to play their little game. And then their response to the exploit was an even bigger joke.
  • tj5270
    177 posts Member
    Options
    If this were a free event, it might be a different story, but you have people spending crystals and other forms of $$$ and the only response is that this will be corrected in the next tournament. Why not reimburse those effected by the exploiting? Why not do something drastic about those doing the exploiting?

I saw previously there was action taken regarding the raid and people exploiting then. Why not now?

It's easy to write a quick blanket statement, but what about taking some type of action? So disappointing... Really like this game and spend a lot on it, but what is the point when the money is taken and cheaters are allowed to prosper with no fear of any action being taken against them.

It does not speak well to the credibility when a blanket statement is released, it is ignored, and the exploiting continues.
  • Options
    it seems that they always have problem implementing game updates for different time zones. it's really not that hard, c'mon.
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    The perfect rule would have been to have Zero, or at least very minimal, paid refreshes. Then where you placed would have been based on your roster and skill level. Big spenders would still have the advantage because of their massively geared rosters.

If they were worried about money then they could have charged a 500 crystal entry fee. And could have created a lot more shards so people felt they had a real chance to place higher.

As it stands, it's a joke and not sure how anyone can call it a tournament. Even in a rebuy poker tournament (also a joke) they only allow you to spend a certain amount or for a set time. And then only if you've been knocked out.

I spent 25 crystals and then realized there was no point in trying to play their little game. And then their response to the exploit was an even bigger joke.

I love the poker analogy! I also hate rebuys but at least the rebuy (or a most of it) gets added to the pot! And there is a limit. Also, in poker you don't have to rebuy after a winning hand.
  • Options
    While your at it, Fix Teebo
  • Options
    The new tournament is fun and all but to me it seems like a repackaged arena. Players are able to refresh and climb the ranks which is fine but how is this different than arena?

My thought is that next tournament would be have no refreshes. Meaning when your character dies than that's it for him. This would put a great deal of skill and strategy in the tournament. Everything else could stay the same and it still is more beneficial to those who have a expanded roster but this way it puts everyone on equal footing. Rather than just refresh to win.

Just throwing this out here to see if anyone else agrees. Maybe we could get some other opinions to this matter.