Galactic war Trick 3x a day?

Prev1
I heard this is possible can someone please explain me?

Replies

• Chun
    52 posts Member
    Options
    Say for example my guild daily activity resets at 7.30pm, I save Yesterdays GW, at 7.30 start and finish a gw, restart GW, complete today's GW. And the next morning complete the next GW before guild daily activity resets
  • Options
    Guild activities reset at 19:30 for me, so I
    1. Save GW on Monday (leave it on the start / node 1, with the Reset button saying the countdown time),
    2. You can enter and abandon the node 1 battle to trigger the daily achievement.
    3. On Tuesday, wait until after 19:30 (or your guild reset time)
    4. Your GW state should be at node 1, with the "reset" button lit.
    5. After guild reset and the GW node objective active, complete GW, then reset
    6. Complete GW again, before midnight
    7. After midnight, the GW reset re-activates, complete GW again for all 36 nodes.

This isflexible, you can do 1 GW on Tuesday, 2 on Wednesday, but you needed to reset the GW before midnight (follow up to step 6), if you are on node 12 still when midnight comes, you lose your carried over reset.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Sure thing. Galactic War as a guild activity starts for me at 5:30 pm Tuesday.

Monday, i enter the 1st node and retreat, that way i get credit for daily GW activity. I dont touch it again until Tuesday after 5:30 pm.

After 5:30 pm, i enter, run all 12 nodes, hit restart and run all 12 again.

Wednesday morning i hit restart and run all 12 again. Total 36.
  • Options
    But won't u get less guild daily activity on the other days? It matters how many nodes u get on one day...
    And that's not really 3X thats just 3 DAYS into one day. Just thought ppl ment differently...

What exactly is the advantage of this?
    You repeat the cycle on thursday?= monday?
  • Options
    Reconhell wrote: »

If everyone in guild does it for the GW Node activity, you all get about 350 guild currency...
  • Options
    Nodes only count for that specific Guild activity, so you don't lose any. Point is just to get the maximum of guild currency for that day (and on top you have some spare credits after going through 3 GW).
  • Options
    But won't u get less guild daily activity on the other days? It matters how many nodes u get on one day...

There is another guild activity every day. So it doesn't have negative impact when you do 3GWs in one day and 0GW in two other days.
    It's very similar with other activities as well. E.g. on cantina energy day it's clever to buy cheap cantina refresh for both days which are counted to that activity so you are able to spend as much cantina energy as possible. And in the same way it works with all others LS, DS, Hard...
  • Options
    Its a bit silly. You get max rewards as a guild for collectively completing 600 gw nodes. Doing 800 for example has the same net result as doing 600 in terms of coins earned.

So if you have 50 people who have their stuff together everyone only needs to do 12 each. So 1 complete GW p/p to earn max rewards.

Anything more is a waste of time.

Just my 2c
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    And that's not really 3X thats just 3 DAYS into one day. Just thought ppl ment differently...

You repeat the cycle on thursday?= monday?

You can either save last node from the day before and then run and reset on monday and then save after the reset. Also found out to get the daily you can run node 1 and retreat and it counts.
    I heard this is possible can someone please explain me?

One key thing is you need to be in a guild that has a guild reset time in the middle of your day and not one in the same timezone. If your reset time is the same as your guild reset time this doesn't work.
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    anonidude wrote: »

Not when you're also interested in getting the top spot and earning guild currency. In our guild there were a total of 10 or 11 of us with 36 nodes completed, so the difference between our rewards and the next person on the list (who would be #11 if 10 people came in first, NOT #2) is quite visible. And it adds up over time.

I believe, however, that having these limits (7 reward tiers only) is a bit silly. Yes, I do realize it's there to prevent whales from getting a huge advantage, but is that really such a big deal? Everyone in the guild would benefit from 10 of us getting a full 36 nodes completed if there were more tiers available. Even those towards the end of the list would get higher rewards.
  • Options
    Ring wrote: »

Not when you're also interested in getting the top spot and earning guild currency. In our guild there were a total of 10 or 11 of us with 36 nodes completed, so the difference between our rewards and the next person on the list (who would be #11 if 10 people came in first, NOT #2) is quite visible. And it adds up over time.

That's why we cap ours at 24. It's pretty easy for everyone to get 24, and tie for first. There might be a few who fall short due to real life distractions. 24 each gives us a cushion in case some miss to make sure we hit max tier, but isn't such a stress for those whose reset times are too close together.

But that huge drop off in coins is why we want as many as possible tied for first. Our guild as a whole benefits more by having 35-45 players tie for first getting nearly 300 each, instead of having 10 players get 350, and the other 40 drastically less. We experimented and the guys who could do 36 giving up 50-60 coins each this one day to do an all guild tie means the guild as a whole gets several hundred if not thousands more coins. Been a while since we did the math.

• Options
    Yes. But if u only Attempt ONE node in that day. Youll get lower scores then other guild members = lower guild coins. That other day you may get more coins because you are higher ranked? but is it worth it? Because the other days u will get less.
  • Options
    Yes. But if u only Attempt ONE node in that day. Youll get lower scores then other guild members = lower guild coins. That other day you may get more coins because you are higher ranked? but is it worth it? Because the other days u will get less.

No. This may help explain: https://swgoh.gg/g/activities/
  • Options

Gw nodes are a guild activity only once every week. The other days you dont get guild coins for it. What @Carbonari said
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    At sunday-->monday midnight reset, you don't start GW (stay at node 1), and on tuesday, after your guild reset, you do 12+12 nodes (monday/tuesday), and then at tuesday-->wednesday midnight reset, you will be able to do another 12 (GW reset).

So basically:
    • Monday GW you do on Tuesday after Guild Reset and before Midnight Reset;
    • Tuesday GW you do on Tuesday after Guild Reset and before Midnight Reset;
    • Wednesday GW you do on Wednesday before Guild Reset;
    Do or do not...
  • anonidude
    703 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

I believe, however, that having these limits (7 reward tiers only) is a bit silly. Yes, I do realize it's there to prevent whales from getting a huge advantage, but is that really such a big deal? Everyone in the guild would benefit from 10 of us getting a full 36 nodes completed if there were more tiers available. Even those towards the end of the list would get higher rewards.

Lol if you worked together and all stopped at 12 or 15 or 20 or whatever your guild needs to hit 600 total gw nodes for those days you would all earn precisely the same number of coins as if you had all blasted your way through 36 nodes. More effort than this is overkill.

It the competitiveness inside the guild that is driving the behaviour of coming 1st or 'needing' to do 36.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Im UK but in an EST guild so only 2 possible... unless i stay up till 1am and complete in 30mins....

Completion time not an issue but work so can only do 2 max
  • Options
    You have to beat GW 3 times in a row which is impossible. I get through node 12 once a week if I'm lucky.
  • Options
    Its a bit silly. You get max rewards as a guild for collectively completing 600 gw nodes. Doing 800 for example has the same net result as doing 600 in terms of coins earned.

So if you have 50 people who have their stuff together everyone only needs to do 12 each. So 1 complete GW p/p to earn max rewards.

Just my 2c

A waste of time, except for the GW rewards. We ask our members to stop at 24, so anyone who wants to tie for first can do so fairly easily (2x12 or 3x8, or any combination adding up to 24), but those short on time don't have to do 12 to make sure we hit 600. We have some members at zero GW nodes today (our leader included), but some of those same people provide over 1,000 LS/DS/Cantina energy spent on those days to get us in the upper tiers.
  • Options
    Lol if you worked together and all stopped at 12 or 15 or 20 or whatever your guild needs to hit 600 total gw nodes for those days you would all earn precisely the same number of coins as if you had all blasted your way through 36 nodes. More effort than this is overkill.

It the competitiveness inside the guild that is driving the behaviour of coming 1st or 'needing' to do 36.

The more poeple do aguild activity the higher the tier attained. And the higher the tier the hier the total distributed reward.

Theorically if everybody did 36 (and ranked #1) everybody would get more coin than id everybody did 12 (still #1). Practicaly there is a tier cap at 360 node (tier 7), but still, the mire people do an activity, the more rewards for everyone.
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Lol if you worked together (...)

See, usually the nice thing to do is to make sure you have all the facts before you go "lolling" at people. We're an international guild spanning just about every single timezone in the world. Or most of them. What this means is that it is VERY difficult to coordinate such things. Limiting ourselves to 12 or 24 nodes would mean that some of the members, due to the time differences, would miss out on some rewards from the GW if they had to limit themselves (and they would have to limit themselves). And that's asking a bit too much. But hey, you KNOW it's the competetiveness that's behind it, right? ;)
  • Options
    Metasly wrote: »

The more poeple do aguild activity the higher the tier attained. And the higher the tier the hier the total distributed reward.

Theorically if everybody did 36 (and ranked #1) everybody would get more coin than id everybody did 12 (still #1). Practicaly there is a tier cap at 360 node (tier 7), but still, the mire people do an activity, the more rewards for everyone.

This is incorrect. If you reach for instance tier 5, then do a bunch more nodes, but are still short of tier 6, you will get a bit better rewards from doing the extra nodes. But once you reach tier 7 you are maxed out. You could do a million more nodes, and if everyone is tied for first your guild won't get a single extra bit of currency. There is absolutely no benefit to everyone being tied at 36 over everyone being tied at 12 or 24.
  • Options
    Lol if you worked together (...)

See, usually the nice thing to do is to make sure you have all the facts before you go "lolling" at people. We're an international guild spanning just about every single timezone in the world. Or most of them. What this means is that it is VERY difficult to coordinate such things. Limiting ourselves to 12 or 24 nodes would mean that some of the members, due to the time differences, would miss out on some rewards from the GW if they had to limit themselves (and they would have to limit themselves). And that's asking a bit too much. But hey, you KNOW it's the competetiveness that's behind it, right? ;)

Why does someone have to limit themselves to avoid going over 24? Doing 36 is completely impossible in some time zones, and only possible in others by planning, and jumping through hoops. Is it because of work schedules? Because there is no time zone/reset time combination that forces you to do 36.

In fact if you are current on doing your GW you have 48 hours before it HAS to be done. You'll have to do two in a day to catch up at some point. But you can let it sit for nearly two days and not miss any nodes. There is no reason anyone has to miss GW nodes and forfeit any rewards to avoid going over 24 nodes in 24 hrs.

We all do 24 in my guild. It's absolutely effortless, and we are all over the globe. All it requires is saying, "hey all. We do 24 nodes on GW day. OK?"
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Why does someone have to limit themselves to avoid going over 24?

In order to do what anonidude suggested, i.e. stick to only doing 12 or 24 nodes so that everyone in the guild finishes first. The idea itself is without a doubt praiseworthy, if the guild reaches reward tier VII and everyone has 24 nodes completed, in theory everyone wins, as they get the highest pay-off. In practice this would be unfair to some, as a few of the players would have to avoid doing the third (or first, depending on the time zone) GW, voluntarily giving up all the rewards you get for completing it. I don't think that'd be fair.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Some people don't have time to do 3 GW in one day. I only do it every other week, or so. It's just too tiresome.

TLDR: Just leave yourself a full GW on the table, using up your reset before 12AM, but don't do the GW. You can enter the first battle and retreat to get your daily. Then at 12AM, you regain your restart and still have a full GW. So you can do 2 GW's anytime you want, now, back to back.

When your guild activity changes to GW, do your 2 GW's. Then at 12AM, you do a third one before you go to bed.

So if your Guild activity resets at 12AM, you cannot do 3.
  • Options
    Why does someone have to limit themselves to avoid going over 24?

In order to do what anonidude suggested, i.e. stick to only doing 12 or 24 nodes so that everyone in the guild finishes first. The idea itself is without a doubt praiseworthy, if the guild reaches reward tier VII and everyone has 24 nodes completed, in theory everyone wins, as they get the highest pay-off. In practice this would be unfair to some, as a few of the players would have to avoid doing the third (or first, depending on the time zone) GW, voluntarily giving up all the rewards you get for completing it. I don't think that'd be fair.

??? I'm trying to understand why you have to miss a galactic war. It's actually an annoying hassle saving a war to cram in a third one. Why is someone "forced" to do 36 nodes in a single day? It's actually way easier to do two. There is no reason anyone should have to miss a war by only doing to for the activity.
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Why is someone "forced" to do 36 nodes in a single day?

You've got it backwards. I'm saying that forcing someone to ONLY do 12 or 24 nodes (when they could do 36) like some people here suggested, just to be "fair" to others (i.e. so everyone has the same reward) is not the way to go.
  • Options

You've got it backwards. I'm saying that forcing someone to ONLY do 12 or 24 nodes (when they could do 36) like some people here suggested, just to be "fair" to others (i.e. so everyone has the same reward) is not the way to go.

That makes more sense. It's unfortunate we are forced to compete against our own so much. We did the math and realized that the guild as a whole loses thousands in currency if a few go higher than others instead of getting as many as possible to tie. I can do 36, as can a few others in my guild. But I'm more than happy to get a little less so as not to take thousands of coins from 40 of my guild mates. Its such a tiny amount of extra currency to sacrifice to benefit the group. We/I feel it's worth it. I'm actually happy to have an avenue of guild life that doesn't force us to complete with guild mates, and screw each other.
  • Options

You will never miss out on GW by "only" doing 24 in one day. If you're doing over 24 in one "guild" day, that means you 1) saved all of Monday's GW until the guild reset and did all those, 2) then hit the restart button and did all of Tuesday's GW, and 3) after midnight, and hit the re-set button again and began doing Wednesday's GW nodes before the guild activity re-set. You are doing 3 days' worth of GW within a 24 hour period.

I think it's reasonable for everyone in the guild to agree to just do 2-days' worth within that period so everyone can get top rewards. If you have to do Wednesday's GW before the guild re-set due to scheduling reasons, then don't save Monday's GW for the re-set.
  • Options
    In the unlikely event that your day resets at the exact same hour that your GW does, you won't be able to do it. If like most of us, the guild reset is DIFFERENT hour than your daily reset, you can get a score of 36 GW nodes for that guild activity day. Pretty sweet, if having the top spot in guild activity is important to you.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107