Replies

• Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    WhipiT wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Naecabon wrote: »
    I'm one of the whaliest whales that ever did swim and I certainly don't see a concrete answer to a first turn Poe...
    He has no idea what he's talking about.
    The Poe teams are worst with P2P chars like Leia and QGJ, but they can be made into monsters even with F2P stuff.
    Also, few teams run Poe as leader, so you don't know he's there or not in Arena.

@Naecabon you can't beat a Poe team? I'll give you a easy setup f2p could even do it....poe/poogle/Ig88/Sid/Boba. Run that combo against ANY Poe team consisting of any variation. You will win 100% of the time. Not sure why people feel poe is so overpowered. Guess he just replaced lolphasma.

lol what the hell... ?

Do you actually play this game at competitive levels any more bud?

You just offered a Poe team to beat a Poe team... you don't see the irony in this?
  • Options
    Tak wrote: »
    I'm one of the whaliest whales that ever did swim and I certainly don't see a concrete answer to a first turn Poe...
    The Poe teams are worst with P2P chars like Leia and QGJ, but they can be made into monsters even with F2P stuff.
    Also, few teams run Poe as leader, so you don't know he's there or not in Arena.

@Naecabon you can't beat a Poe team? I'll give you a easy setup f2p could even do it....poe/poogle/Ig88/Sid/Boba. Run that combo against ANY Poe team consisting of any variation. You will win 100% of the time. Not sure why people feel poe is so overpowered. Guess he just replaced lolphasma.

I have tried this team. It works... Only if your Poe goes first lol

I have never lost even with Poe going first and I'm being completely honest. Ig88 makes poes taunt useless the squishies still die. Everytime.
  • Options

"Can't beat Poe? You must be an ****, just use Poe!" "You will win 100% of the time, even though half your team can be oneshot before you get a single move if your Poe doesn't go before their Poe..."
  • Options
    "You will win 100% of the time, 50% of the time!"
  • Options
    Wispsi wrote: »
    so you have decided this game will end at 80? It has no life after this? You hit 80 you max out your toons you are done? End of?

This is not some single player game you pay for once and play through start to finish I think...

I think you're confused. 80 is already in the game just as 70 was. Its just a matter of them releasing the caps. The reason they didthisisthe whales would have raced to 80 and sominated everyone for months. So they release it in moderation so everyone can stay close to same level.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    QFT
  • Options
    I think it is awesome that right before launch the devs balanced the meta so damage and AoE were no longer king because teams were starting their first turn with 1-3 characters dead and here we are!
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @Qeltar And I guess your just a SWGOH pro with your little limited squad ..stun team huh? Ok dude. Ok.
    When you are losing an argument, isn't it comforting to know that you can always fall back on ad hominem attacks?
    Guess what: if I spent what you do on this game, it wouldn't change my view on this one iota.
    P.S. Despite refusing to jump on the Poe bandwagon, I still finished in the top 20 yesterday on my shard. It's just getting harder as everyone else adds Poe to their teams.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    so you have decided this game will end at 80? It has no life after this? You hit 80 you max out your toons you are done? End of?

This is not some single player game you pay for once and play through start to finish I think...

I think you're confused. 80 is already in the game. They release the levels in brackets so everyone stays close to the same level. If not whales would have raced to 80 and dominated everyone for months. As it stands now 80 is endgame atm.
  • Options

I think you're confused. 80 is already in the game just as 70 was. Its just a matter of them releasing the caps. The reason they didthisisthe whales would have raced to 80 and sominated everyone for months. So they release it in moderation so everyone can stay close to same level.

I think you are confused. Just because 80 is already in the game, why on earth would they limit themselves to that cap? This game appears to be following a fairly common and obviously lucrative path...why would they just stop that? What microtransaction game have you ever played that put 100% of its lifetime development into the very first release they do?
  • Options

lol what the hell... ?

You just offered a Poe team to beat a Poe team... you don't see the irony in this?

That a team has a tank with a taunt? I could run Han in that same team and be as effective. I just dont have Han geared up. So yeh dude its OK to need a tank.
  • Options
    Again, 82+ is in the game too, so why is this notion of them stopping at 80 or treating 80 as special valid?
  • Options

Dude with all the modders they dont make a team that will win on defense. And even if you had a team that could you wouldn't know.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

lol what the hell... ?

That a team has a tank with a taunt? I could run Han in that same team and be as effective. I just dont have Han geared up. So yeh dude its OK to need a tank.

Wait wait wait, are you actually arguing that Poe is what he is because of his taunt buff?!

You ACTUALLY think Poe and Han are interchangeable?

At BEST you maybe have a 10-20% chance of beating my team with that team, if your Poe goes first. You lack much one shot kill power on your team so I'm not going to go much higher than that. This is SOLELY because you have Poe.

WITHOUT Poe, my Poe goes first over almost your entire team every time, and I put odds of you losing in the high 90%s every time even if I'm on defense.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

lol what the hell... ?

You don't even know what you're arguing about. You think the whole Poe issue is over a taunt.....? BaHahahaha
  • Options
    I look at it a bif differently, but reach a similar conclusion Your post presuposes CG launched incomplete, and then adjusts mid term, making long term char effectiveness "mistakes" (in the light sense if the word).

I think that CG can not even if they try hard, anticipate ehat extremely creative and experienced people will find about character in particular squads. They cannot test all combination in advance. So caps are a checkpoint to discover particular scenarios that need tweaking.

BUT ( and this is the important part) to NOT change the rewards (ie. the chars and their current skills and synergies NOW) and upset the player base that invested 3 mo in a setup, they CAN tweek hiw exactly the characters will evolve in between CAP thresholds.

Or more simply put, caps are places in time to assess "endgagame balance", and tweeks are implemented, and reassessed at the next CAP level. Ideally, after 5 CAP (60, 70, 80, 90 and 100), iterating, we arrive at a very delicately balanced game. Anything YOU do NOT like, at least you'd know it was likely CG intent (except for bugs).

So they have the right approach. Nobody knows what Barris would do at level 80. What's in the game files is meaningless and Cg will adjust those things later.

My opinion though! And I agree. Don't nerf current states.

• WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

lol what the hell... ?

Wait wait wait, are you actually arguing that Poe is what he is because of his taunt buff?!

At BEST you maybe have a 10-20% chance of beating my team with that team, if your Poe goes first. You lack much one shot kill power on your team so I'm not going to go much higher than that. This is SOLELY because you have Poe.

WITHOUT Poe, my Poe goes first over almost your entire team every time, and I put odds of you losing in the high 90%s every time even on defense.

Dude IG88 crits for 9k in that setup......in an AOE...have you ever tried it or are you just talking out of your rear lol? All it takes is a taunter to keep IG alive.......
  • Options

lol what the hell... ?

WITHOUT Poe, my Poe goes first over almost your entire team every time, and I put odds of you losing in the high 90%s every time even on defense.

Dude IG88 crits for 9k in that setup......in an AOE...have you ever tried it or are you just talking out of your rear lol?

9K if what... if Poggle gets his Offense Buff up? If my Poe goes first, 3 out of your 5 are almost guaranteed to be dead, so pick which 3 you're willing to lose and expect to defeat the rest of my team? A perfect scenario 9K crit from IG88 wouldn't even save you and that assumes Poggle/88 are the two left standing.
  • Options

lol what the hell... ?

Why would a han who taunts after the entire enemy team has gone(if the enemy has Poe) be as effective? I mean that just seems crazy to say that. I suggest you gear up Han and go see for yourself what a difference taunting at the start and reducing the entire enemy teams turn meter is compared to taunting at the end and increasing turn meter for your team a small amount in the 1-2 hits he survives...

Like I get that Han can be useful, I iust want you to think about that statement because I feel like it was Kind of an offhand comment where you picked someone sort of similar you know of (and haven't played with) and just threw their name in there without truly comparing what they bring to the table.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »

lol what the hell... ?

You don't even know what you're arguing about. You think the whole Poe issue is over a taunt.....? BaHahahaha

I give up on these forums. I really do. What are you even talking about dude? I never said the whole issue was a taunt..are you delusional kid? I truly do give up. These forums are hopeless. Good luck to you all.
  • Options

lol what the hell... ?

I give up on these forums. I really do. What are you even talking about dude? I never said the whole issue was a taunt..are you delusional kid? I truly do give up. These forums are hopeless. Good luck to you all.

Hey you're the one that uttered the words "I could run Han instead of Poe and be just as effective"

Don't blame us.

Don't try to come in and talk down to others and pretend like you know what's best for the game when you're making statements like that one in the same breath.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Lvl 100 is like... what... Six months from now?
    Many players won't be playing by then especially if there are game balance issues.
    So I'm not sure about how good is this idea of waiting a year to balance things for most player base
  • Options

lol what the hell... ?

Dude IG88 crits for 9k in that setup......in an AOE...have you ever tried it or are you just talking out of your rear lol?

9K if what... if Poggle gets his Offense Buff up? If my Poe goes first, 3 out of your 5 are almost guaranteed to be dead, so pick which 3 you're willing to lose and expect to defeat the rest of my team? A perfect scenario 9K crit from IG88 wouldn't even save you and that assumes Poggle/88 are the two left standing.

Right because you've tried it. You have all those characters 7* and geared and you just logged on and tried it and lost to your team or a team like yours. Its stuff like this is why I won't be visiting here anymore. Lots of talk yet reallybo knowledge. You're not a whale dude. I doubt you've spent 50 bucks lol. But hey have fun whining amongst yourselves lol and your imaginary scenarios.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

So the answer to nukes is having nukes yourself. How does it make nukes less powerful?
  • Options

lol what the hell... ?

Right because you've tried it. You have all those characters 7* and geared and you just logged on and tried it and lost to your team or a team like yours. Its stuff like this is why I won't be visiting here anymore. Lots of talk yet reallybo knowledge. You're not a whale dude. I doubt you've spent 50 bucks lol. But hey have fun whining amongst yourselves lol and your imaginary scenarios.

http://i.imgur.com/bUGDHUr.jpg
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

lol what the hell... ?

Hey you're the one that uttered the words "I could run Han instead of Poe and be just as effective"

Don't blame us.

Don't try to come in and talk down to others and pretend like you know what's best for the game when you're making statements like that one in the same breath.

Couldn't have said it better myself. He has no idea what he's talking about. There's nothing wrong with that. We're all wrong from time to time. But he has a long history of compensating for that by resorting to ad hominem and condescending remarks.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

lol what the hell... ?

@Naecabon has every toon in the game at 7*. He has contributed more in one day than you have since you started playing. Bye.
  • Options

lol what the hell... ?

Don't blame us.

Dude just stop. You're argueing with yourself at this point. The original post is fact. Of course the flamers invade my post to argue everything. But regardless the original post is fact. You don't balance a game by brackets. But hey who gives a **** really? I don't anymore lol.
  • Options

lol what the hell... ?

He has every toon in the game at 7*. He has contributed more in one day than you have since you started playing. Bye.

Are you 12? Bye..lol. Keyboard warriors are tough indeed.
  • Options
    I think the debate will be much constructive if OP can show us a video to beat a setup like this:
    Poe+FOTP+QGJ+Leia+whosoever
    where opposing poe goes FIRST