WhipiT's guide to balance issues.

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Naecabon wrote: »

Uh... OWNED. lol
    There are some F2P players who claim that they are actually better than many "whales" because the big spenders don't actually have to get good at understanding the game since they can just throw overpowered premium content around and win everything. That isn't true of all whales, but this thread seems like a good example of the phenomenon.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    WhipiT wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I'm one of the whaliest whales that ever did swim and I certainly don't see a concrete answer to a first turn Poe...
    He has no idea what he's talking about.
    The Poe teams are worst with P2P chars like Leia and QGJ, but they can be made into monsters even with F2P stuff.
    Also, few teams run Poe as leader, so you don't know he's there or not in Arena.

@Naecabon you can't beat a Poe team? I'll give you a easy setup f2p could even do it....poe/poogle/Ig88/Sid/Boba. Run that combo against ANY Poe team consisting of any variation. You will win 100% of the time. Not sure why people feel poe is so overpowered. Guess he just replaced lolphasma.

lol what the hell... ?

Do you actually play this game at competitive levels any more bud?

You just offered a Poe team to beat a Poe team... you don't see the irony in this?

That a team has a tank with a taunt? I could run Han in that same team and be as effective. I just dont have Han geared up. So yeh dude its OK to need a tank.

You don't even know what you're arguing about. You think the whole Poe issue is over a taunt.....? BaHahahaha

I give up on these forums. I really do. What are you even talking about dude? I never said the whole issue was a taunt..are you delusional kid? I truly do give up. These forums are hopeless. Good luck to you all.

Hey you're the one that uttered the words "I could run Han instead of Poe and be just as effective"

Don't blame us.

Don't try to come in and talk down to others and pretend like you know what's best for the game when you're making statements like that one in the same breath.

Dude just stop. You're argueing with yourself at this point. The original post is fact. Of course the flamers invade my post to argue everything. But regardless the original post is fact. You don't balance a game by brackets. But hey who gives a **** really? I don't anymore lol.

Level 70 is the current cap. It's not a bracket. Just because the code for 80, and probably beyond, is done (or mostly) does not mean it's currently in the game. Can anyone play it? No? Then it's not in the game.

The game must be balanced for the current live build, not some not yet released expansion of the game. As such we will continue to see adjustments made....like in every other multiplayer game. When the level cap is expanded we'll continue to see adjustments. This cycle will continue for the life of the game.

Bottom line, your op is not fact.
  • Options
    I'm one of the whaliest whales that ever did swim and I certainly don't see a concrete answer to a first turn Poe...
    The Poe teams are worst with P2P chars like Leia and QGJ, but they can be made into monsters even with F2P stuff.
    Also, few teams run Poe as leader, so you don't know he's there or not in Arena.

@Naecabon you can't beat a Poe team? I'll give you a easy setup f2p could even do it....poe/poogle/Ig88/Sid/Boba. Run that combo against ANY Poe team consisting of any variation. You will win 100% of the time. Not sure why people feel poe is so overpowered. Guess he just replaced lolphasma.

lol what the hell... ?

You just offered a Poe team to beat a Poe team... you don't see the irony in this?

That a team has a tank with a taunt? I could run Han in that same team and be as effective. I just dont have Han geared up. So yeh dude its OK to need a tank.

Wait wait wait, are you actually arguing that Poe is what he is because of his taunt buff?!

You ACTUALLY think Poe and Han are interchangeable?

At BEST you maybe have a 10-20% chance of beating my team with that team, if your Poe goes first. You lack much one shot kill power on your team so I'm not going to go much higher than that. This is SOLELY because you have Poe.

WITHOUT Poe, my Poe goes first over almost your entire team every time, and I put odds of you losing in the high 90%s every time even on defense.

Dude IG88 crits for 9k in that setup......in an AOE...have you ever tried it or are you just talking out of your rear lol?

9K if what... if Poggle gets his Offense Buff up? If my Poe goes first, 3 out of your 5 are almost guaranteed to be dead, so pick which 3 you're willing to lose and expect to defeat the rest of my team? A perfect scenario 9K crit from IG88 wouldn't even save you and that assumes Poggle/88 are the two left standing.

Right because you've tried it. You have all those characters 7* and geared and you just logged on and tried it and lost to your team or a team like yours. Its stuff like this is why I won't be visiting here anymore. Lots of talk yet reallybo knowledge. You're not a whale dude. I doubt you've spent 50 bucks lol. But hey have fun whining amongst yourselves lol and your imaginary scenarios.

So I went in and actually just tried this, just for you. I have all of the guys mentioned at level 70 and they're all at least gear 7 as shown in the pic. I know results won't be perfect as they're not the BEST geared they can be yet, but I figured it would at least give me an idea of how this would play out and I assume you're not 70 yet so that can account for something.

#2 actually mirrored my team and has it at 64 so I figured this would work fine.

http://imgur.com/a/Mw48n

First screenshot shows that my Poe actually went first, which was cool. This was a best case scenario - tons of Exposes, and I figured this may actually be an easy kill.

Second screenshot shows IG88 attacking with his AOE. Where the heck are you getting 9K crits from? Next you're going to say those last few bits of gear I'm missing on him can account for that much of a damage swing. Clearly, IG88 is not critting anywhere near 9K in this matchup.

Safe to say, his team then put it in me and I lost miserably. I am now patiently waiting for my timer to come off cooldown so I can re-play with my actual good team and hope I don't lose any rank...
  • Options

lol what the hell... ?

Wait wait wait, are you actually arguing that Poe is what he is because of his taunt buff?!

At BEST you maybe have a 10-20% chance of beating my team with that team, if your Poe goes first. You lack much one shot kill power on your team so I'm not going to go much higher than that. This is SOLELY because you have Poe.

WITHOUT Poe, my Poe goes first over almost your entire team every time, and I put odds of you losing in the high 90%s every time even on defense.

Dude IG88 crits for 9k in that setup......in an AOE...have you ever tried it or are you just talking out of your rear lol?

9K if what... if Poggle gets his Offense Buff up? If my Poe goes first, 3 out of your 5 are almost guaranteed to be dead, so pick which 3 you're willing to lose and expect to defeat the rest of my team? A perfect scenario 9K crit from IG88 wouldn't even save you and that assumes Poggle/88 are the two left standing.

Right because you've tried it. You have all those characters 7* and geared and you just logged on and tried it and lost to your team or a team like yours. Its stuff like this is why I won't be visiting here anymore. Lots of talk yet reallybo knowledge. You're not a whale dude. I doubt you've spent 50 bucks lol. But hey have fun whining amongst yourselves lol and your imaginary scenarios.

Naec was posting videos and screens of his toons at level 69 and 7* fully geared like 4 hours after the 70 update. lolololol.
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • Options

lol what the hell... ?

You don't even know what you're arguing about. You think the whole Poe issue is over a taunt.....? BaHahahaha

I give up on these forums. I really do. What are you even talking about dude? I never said the whole issue was a taunt..are you delusional kid? I truly do give up. These forums are hopeless. Good luck to you all.

Bye! Close the door when you leave.
  • Options
    i dont doubt that well see ever increasing level caps. but i doubt 80 comes anytime soon.
  • Options

lol what the hell... ?

http://i.imgur.com/bUGDHUr.jpg

This guy doesnt have a 7* Poe or Ima.. what a CHUMP!
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • Options
    Fabzorz wrote: »

lol what the hell... ?

This guy doesnt have a 7* Poe or Ima.. what a CHUMP!

I DO NOW OK THAT PIC IS OLD
  • Options
    Comparing the current situation to right after hard launch is invalid. At that time, I agree, they should have waited, especially since they already had soft launch shards that were at level 60.
    But now most players are maxed or close to it. They can assess balance very well, because not much is changing.
    I couldn't care less about level 80. They need to fix the game continuously as they update it, or by the time they get to giving us level 80, a large percentage of this game's players will be long gone.

Dude you make zero sense honestly. So you don't care how effective characters are at level 80. You know.. the end level the whole game was designed for? Yah that one! All you care about is how it effects your gameplay today. If it breaks characters at end game so be it. Lol ok dude. Ok.

I got a good lol at this one
  • Options
    When you say the alternative to beating a poe team is to use a different poe team its pretty comical.
  • Options

lol what the hell... ?

He has every toon in the game at 7*. He has contributed more in one day than you have since you started playing. Bye.

Are you 12? Bye..lol. Keyboard warriors are tough indeed.

You still have yet to give me one reason why they would deviate from the common and obviously profitable path that the game looks like it is following to pick a strange stagnant one that no game I have ever heard of has chosen to do...with things in place already in the game codes for past level 80... You just state what you say is fact...despite all logic and reason with no proof or evidence...

Do cg seem like they want to stop taking money from people with these pricings? Do they really appear to be the type to throw away a load of perfectly good crystal syncs that make up most of the game because they only coded in up to around level 80 when the game first launched?? When it takes minimal effort to just extend them every couple of months for a nice increase in profits...like every other game of this type...
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Wispsi wrote: »

lol what the hell... ?

He has every toon in the game at 7*. He has contributed more in one day than you have since you started playing. Bye.

Are you 12? Bye..lol. Keyboard warriors are tough indeed.

You still have yet to give me one reason why they would deviate from the common and obviously profitable path that the game looks like it is following to pick a strange stagnant one that no game I have ever heard of has chosen to do...with things in place already in the game codes for past level 80... You just state what you say is fact...despite all logic and reason with no proof or evidence...

Do cg seem like they want to stop taking money from people with these pricings? Do they really appear to be the type to throw away a load of perfectly good crystal syncs that make up most of the game because they only coded in up to around level 80 when the game first launched?? When it takes minimal effort to just extend them every couple of months for a nice increase in profits...like every other game of this type...

Or why they would deviate from the common and industry standard practice of implementing continual balance changes throughout the life of the game. Instead choose an approach that would leave the game unbalanced or even broken for months and ultimately hurt the long term profitability of the game by driving players away all for the sake of "balance" in as of yet unreleased expansion of the game.
  • Options
    The best of all is that he presents this post as the ultimate guide and truth. Is really funny this guy and his mod/dev attitude.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Willyfett wrote: »
    The best of all is that he presents this post as the ultimate guide and truth. Is really funny this guy and his mod/dev attitude.

There's been many gems. This screenshot is my favorite. It was over a discussion of the current pricing model of obtaining chromium exclusive toons; in a debate where I both said I was a p2w player, disagreed with the existing pricing model and simultaneously the sole process of leveling those toons even after unlocking.

image_zpsadvaxfrm.png

Thankfully more people are seeing him for who he truly is.
  • Options

The more I think about it, the more I believe he's just mad his droid team can't work without Poe and sees people explaining Poe's design flaw as a threat to the team he wants to use right now. So he makes all these uppity condescending posts about how anyone with a real complaint about an obvious oversight like Poe's speed atm is actually just blind to a "bigger picture." When the reality is, the bigger picture is just another player being scared of losing power, just like every other player out there that gets mad when nerfs affect a player they enjoy using or spent a lot of time on developing.

It's nothing new, and this isn't something we won't see happen a million times more. Everyone that tries to defend a character they have and use will try all sorts of smoke and mirror tactics to do so. The OP here is just one of many devices.
  • Options

There's been many gems. This screenshot is my favorite. It was over a discussion of the current pricing model of obtaining chromium exclusive toons; in a debate where I both said I was a p2w player, disagreed with the existing pricing model and simultaneously the sole process of leveling those toons even after unlocking.

image_zpsadvaxfrm.png

Thankfully more people are seeing him for who he truly is.
    lmao such superiority
    come on that just a game lolololol
  • Options
    Comparing the current situation to right after hard launch is invalid. At that time, I agree, they should have waited, especially since they already had soft launch shards that were at level 60.
    But now most players are maxed or close to it. They can assess balance very well, because not much is changing.
    I couldn't care less about level 80. They need to fix the game continuously as they update it, or by the time they get to giving us level 80, a large percentage of this game's players will be long gone.

Dude you make zero sense honestly. So you don't care how effective characters are at level 80. You know.. the end level the whole game was designed for? Yah that one! All you care about is how it effects your gameplay today. If it breaks characters at end game so be it. Lol ok dude. Ok.

That's not what he said. What is your problem?

The Devs need to keep current mechanics in balance. Level 80, 100, 150, 10000000 aren't here yet. It doesn't matter how altruistic their intentions are to have the game balanced at some future level cap that's not even in game yet. The game needs to be balanced on the road to that point as well. If the current cap is 70, and it's imbalanced, it will drive players away; especially since we can expect it to be months at this current cap.

Increasing level caps are nothing new, MMOs do it all the time. But that doesn't mean that it's ok for the current cap, or anywhere else along the way, to be unbalanced.

my opinion, too
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

The more I think about it, the more I believe he's just mad his droid team can't work without Poe and sees people explaining Poe's design flaw as a threat to the team he wants to use right now. So he makes all these uppity condescending posts about how anyone with a real complaint about an obvious oversight like Poe's speed atm is actually just blind to a "bigger picture." When the reality is, the bigger picture is just another player being scared of losing power, just like every other player out there that gets mad when nerfs affect a player they enjoy using or spent a lot of time on developing.

It's nothing new, and this isn't something we won't see happen a million times more. Everyone that tries to defend a character they have and use will try all sorts of smoke and mirror tactics to do so. The OP here is just one of many devices.

There it is the stone cold truth. Well worded my friend.
  • Options

lol what the hell... ?

URRRGH. **** your 7* Ben. 200+ shards on 7* leia and QGJ, and I gave up trying to get to 6* on Ben.

FML, they need to implement shard trading.

• SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Second screenshot shows IG88 attacking with his AOE. Where the heck are you getting 9K crits from? Next you're going to say those last few bits of gear I'm missing on him can account for that much of a damage swing. Clearly, IG88 is not critting anywhere near 9K in this matchup.

I don't know about 9k but I believe he can hit for 6-7k.

He gets a little more boost if there are 5 enemy toons with dots rather than 4. Also if you have adaptive aim upped to level 6 it gives a large boost in crit damage (+15% iirc). I assume purple mats are the hardest things for you to get so many that's where there's a boost. I run the same squad occasionally in GW for S&Gs and can usually pop just under 5k crits with 3-4 dots but my 88 is only 5*. With 7*, full abilities, full gear, and 5 dots on the enemy it might max around 7k.

That being said please don't consider this any kind of support or endorsement for the position that the team in question is somehow the counter to Poe Money, Poe Problems. ;)

(plus **** good does Boba do on that team? )
    Post edited by SlyGambit on
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

lol what the hell... ?

Not true. And you know it's not true, and that's why the anti-Poe squad you offered in first place had Poe, because without Poe you don't have a chance against s top tier team with Poe, and you know it.
  • Options
    I just want a tank to be a tank. Is that to much to ask?
  • Options

lol what the hell... ?

Im scared to ponder/ask how much this cost.
  • Options

lol what the hell... ?

Im scared to ponder/ask how much this cost.

It's hard to say. If you get a good streak going not very much.
  • Options

lol what the hell... ?

Nah, every job, vacation and social merting has a few people to ignore. You may give up for other reasons, but never because there is 1 or more trolls. Just ignore. Those that follow the conversation do sonas well. The only way to avoid a troll comment here and there is to be alone or with your pets :-)

• Options

lol what the hell... ?

Wholly scrap... Was that QGJ Humbling Blow at level 100?

• Options
    I personally think the best place to make adjustments is on the braket just abive the current cap. If the cap will remain for months, then at least minor adjustments need to be made. Minimizing changes to current chars )which may have taken a f2p 5 months to max) avoids massive outcry. And also...btw, helps EA max profit. I bet those that discarded FOTP initially and Poe, and have any income, are rapidly refreshing crystals to remain competitive. If they balance things for 80-80 braket using kevel 70 starts, they fix this i balance, and create new ones...and everyone rushes to rapidly get those chars.

Combining smaller outcry and urgency to change lineup as balance issues occur (which are not addressed fully within the current cap) has little disavantage to EA, and to users.

Whichbis why I think well see only minor chages eithin caps, but the imbalances will guide re-specification of char progression to "balance as you go".
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

lol what the hell... ?

Nah, every job, vacation and social merting has a few people to ignore. You may give up for other reasons, but never because there is 1 or more trolls. Just ignore. Those that follow the conversation do sonas well. The only way to avoid a troll comment here and there is to be alone or with your pets :-)

He was the one trolling this entire forum. Anytime his point of view or argument proves wrong he resorts to ad hominem attacks and condescending remarks. Please don't defend his behavior, it has been unacceptable more often than not.
  • Options
    EDIT: FYI level 80 is already in the game data as it has been since the game launched. They released the levels in brackets so whales wouldn't rush to 80 and dominate everyone. They just released 70 and expect 80 to be released not soon after. Levels 61-80 were already in the design of the game. So 80 is the current endgame as all game data stops there.

When are we getting new characters and what will they be? I feel like you might known
  • Options
    This guide sux.