For all the people saying that the raid will become easier at level 85...

Prev1345
Zooey
1607 posts Member
edited October 2016
How are we supposed to gear our toons once we get there?

Most of the required gear is only available in the new raid. Sure, I've bought some galactic gear packs to try them out and realize that I can farm the new gear from shipments, but in order to gear the 4 or 5 teams required to beat the new raid, I'd probably have to spend months refreshing the bare minimum and saving crystals for gear. For other less fortunate people than me who can't get 500 a day from arena, that could be half a year's worth of time given how slow T6 of the raid is.

That is the main concern I have with the new system. Even if they wanted to keep T7 the way it is, they should make T6 farmable enough so that people can actually use it to gear their toons for T7. Right now, it's a classic Catch-22

Replies

• Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    How are we supposed to gear our toons once we get there?

Most of the required gear is only available in the new raid. Sure, I've bought some galactic gear packs to try them out and realize that I can farm the new gear from shipments, but in order to gear the 4 or 5 teams required to beat the new raid, I'd probably have to spend months refreshing the bare minimum and saving crystals for gear. For other less fortunate people than me who can't get 500 a day from arena, that could be half a year's worth of time given how slow T6 of the raid is.

That is the main concern I have with the new system. Even if they wanted to keep T7 the way it is, they should make T6 farmable enough so that people can actually use it to gear their toons for T7. Right now, it's a classic Catch-22

Highlighted the important bit for you.

You know perfectly well that making it like this to begin with is a blatant cash grab.
  • Options
    There is gear available when the various areas of the Tables open up as you get to higher levels.
  • Options
    Well, I hope we don't have to wait to long until the devs realize no one will get much stronger by getting a couple new pieces of gear and a few levels. If the devs won't nerf the raid we need additional tiers
  • Options
    A few 85 teams won't cover the gap (damage needed to finish the raid) on most guilds.
    Its going to
    A) take months of leveling/gearing/modding a deeper roster
    B) if you're on the strong side of your guild... drop ship and join a stronger guild (just like many did with the t7 rancor)
    Problem: both scenarios will lead to a loss of playerbase. Its getting shorter everyday. The horizon just keeps getting farther and farther away.
  • Options
    There is gear available when the various areas of the Tables open up as you get to higher levels.

@BentWookiee Yes, but any energy you use on the tables is energy that could be used to farm stun cuffs. I need stun cuffs to build a deeper roster in order to raid better so there's still that catch-22.

Also, there are several pieces of gear that do appear to be raid exclusive, which gates several toons out of gear 11. Im not opposed to events that cater to whales and hardcore gamers, but I am opposed to events that cater to that crowd that gate you out of things you need to progress. There has to be a line between grinding and validating or the majority of your player base will get frustrated and quit.
  • Options

@BentWookiee Yes, but any energy you use on the tables is energy that could be used to farm stun cuffs. I need stun cuffs to build a deeper roster in order to raid better so there's still that catch-22.

Also, there are several pieces of gear that do appear to be raid exclusive, which gates several toons out of gear 11. Im not opposed to events that cater to whales and hardcore gamers, but I am opposed to events that cater to that crowd that gate you out of things you need to progress. There has to be a line between grinding and validating or the majority of your player base will get frustrated and quit.

In all games choices must be made, that is a big part of strategy. Where do you use your resources and when.

• Options

Agreed. I am about to quit already. Another pay wall very difficult to pass, and impossible for our guild

• Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »

Agreed. I am about to quit already. Another pay wall very difficult to pass, and impossible for our guild

+1
  • Options
    It just released... can't even give it a week?
    I am the Reaper
  • Options

In all games choices must be made, that is a big part of strategy. Where do you use your resources and when.

Easy for a whale to say. I've been staying competetive for a long time. My roster is pretty deep, but then I can't even take anywhere near 10% of Grevious' health. Any progress I make will barely affect my performance in this raid. It takes a month (that's being generous) to max out a character from scratch. Everyone I have who is worthwhile is maxed.

There is only so much I can spread my resources. I can't farm cantina characters and mods at the same time. I also can't farm new gear if I need stun cuffs, stun guns, thermal detonators, etc.

I was hoping for some progress with the new raid. Now I have to start new characters from scratch who are useless outside of this raid.

All that aside, this raid is way too tedious. It needs a nerf. Sorry Team Instinct, but this favoritism towards the 1% of players needs to stop.
  • Options
    This guy is right. It will take more than a week to clear the new raid.
    So guys relax and stop overreacting.
    It's all milky honey and gravy after second week.

If still a problem...contact this guy for crystals deliverys.
  • Options
    @Annastrasza I hope you mean "this guy" as in yourself :smile:
    I am the Reaper
  • Options
    Have you not noticed a pattern? Every time a new gameplay option or feature is released, they make a big change to it a week or two later. They take feedback from the community and modify it. They did that when mods came out. And protection. They'll change the raid after a week or two. Just wait and see.
  • Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »

This....when I started playing I had 14 friends/coworkers playing. Now there is just 2 of us left playing. I love my guild or would be gone already.

Tank raid is fun but **** is up with the T6 difficulty. I mean I could understand T7 being hard for a few months.
  • Options

Nope, there's bugs in P1 of raid that is sucking the fun out of the experience.
  • Options
    JbizzyG wrote: »

Report it...

They can't magically fix everything in the blink of an eye, just look at stealth.
    I am the Reaper
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options

If the T7 raid stays the way it is, then fine, whatever, we'll have to gear up and coordinate to beat it. But T6 having 200 mil hp isn't gonna get better in a week or 3 months down the road. That's my main concern. People will have to either join whale guilds, join large 150+ guilds and guild hop their way to victory (looking at u guys Order 66 :p ), or get left in the dust trying to grind a T6 a month.
  • Options
    yeah guys, relax, we will be abe to farm the new gear from the new levels. will be super easy. to do so, all you need is the new gear to upgrade your toons.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIydo0TBXvE
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    JbizzyG wrote: »

Report it...

They can't magically fix everything in the blink of an eye, just look at stealth.

Just gonna put this conspiracy theory crafting out in the world: They laid the groundwork to fix stealth and have it ready to be fixed but before they do they will slowly make racnor harder with the "fixes" that come out until they "fix" stealth. Started with 5s and health based attacks. Also seems a little harder to stick a thermal donator but maybe I was just luck before.
  • Options
    Guys, keep in mind that 99% or more of the player base is in the same situation as you with the normal raid, so there is no reason to panic. The most important thing they have to address really is to tune and bug fix the normal mode raid such that those 99% of the players find it engaging and fun to play.
    And stop caring so much about those 1% hardcore players. They are in a separate league than the great majority of the players who are casually having fun here. If you envie the way the hard core guilds progress, their dedication and need recognition for your achievements when you play this game, then just join one of these guilds, they always recruit.
  • Options
    I like the new raid and the challenge it presents. Rancor was a joke. I do agree that it takes longer than expected to complete. Instead of nerfing the raid, they should make the character refresh every 12 hours. That'd also help out the people across the world with bad reset times.
  • Options
    You all do realize that all this raid really offers is General Kenobi, right? The gear is farmable for your main arena squad.

The need for the deep bench is strictly to get Kenobi. You can stay competitive, honestly more so, by ignoring the raid entirely. Focus on just your main arena team while everyone else is dividing their resources.

You better make sure your team will be able to take out Kenobi when he shows up, though. Think about it: if Kenobi is no threat to your team then you get to build up your main 5 while everyone else wastes their time.
  • Options
    @StormTro0p3R_H Possibly the most sensible advice with regards to the raid that I've seen so far.
  • Options
    @StormTro0p3R_H

Sorry but he is too shiny and new for logic at a time like this
  • Options
    @StormTro0p3R_H Possibly the most sensible advice with regards to the raid that I've seen so far.

Thanks ;)
    @StormTro0p3R_H

Sorry but he is too shiny and new for logic at a time like this

I understand. I'm glad I don't feel that way, but I understand :)
  • Returnofthen00b13
    108 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @StormTro0p3R_H yeah i get you, you make a good point. F2P you just can't get pushed and pulled between toons.

But also I reckon he'll be amazing at 5*. He only needs health and he'll have it at 5*. Who knows if they will release other beastly toons before then, but it looks to me like you can build some crazy teams around him. Ive been going empire since palp arrived, I reckon i might focus on Jedi and empire toons from now. Buff team that attack together and dark side debuff team.... Just gotta wait a couple months now....

Saving up gear is always good, and you should be able to go in your own direction and stay successful, but I think he'll make for some amazing teams and it's definitely a strong option to try get him. A lot of people already have good toons to build teams around him already as well. And his kit is so good he'll do a lot on his own. He's a beast as of right now

His leader looks like it applies to Ashoka's special, that could get scary...
  • Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

From one who circumvents strategy with money lol.
    Hilarious :)
    Thanks man - that really made me smile

• scuba
    14068 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    You all do realize that all this raid really offers is General Kenobi, right? The gear is farmable for your main arena squad.

The need for the deep bench is strictly to get Kenobi. You can stay competitive, honestly more so, by ignoring the raid entirely. Focus on just your main arena team while everyone else is dividing their resources.

You better make sure your team will be able to take out Kenobi when he shows up, though. Think about it: if Kenobi is no threat to your team then you get to build up your main 5 while everyone else wastes their time.

By Farmable I assume you mean via LS/DS missions....

So if I will just leave these two pictures....

And no there is no slider there
    ST4be2U.jpg

21KQB06.jpg
  • Options
    Scuba, its posts like that that make me wish there was a like button on here.