For all the people saying that the raid will become easier at level 85...

Replies

• Options
    #bufftheaatraid
  • Options
    I'm not sure why they only put two levels on this. Adding an Easy level that most guilds could clear in three days woudl be helpful. Or don't limit the daily attempts to five and open it up to each players entire roster.
  • JRS200x
    105 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    The issue is that they put the Normal Difficulty too out of reach for the vast majority of players. I have no issue with the pay to win model in this game, and believe that those willing to spend large sums of money SHOULD get things others don't.

I don't even have a problem with the heroic difficulty being out of reach for 99% of the player base for a long time, the issue is that they made the Normal Difficulty so ridiculous.

My guild isn't doing Heroic Rancor at this point, so I didn't expect this new raid to be smooth sailing, but I didn't expect us to have done no more then 10% damage at this point...

There is a fine line to walk as a developer of a F2P game with P2W mechanics... you need to give the P2W people the incentive to continue doing so, but you also can't alienate the vast majority of your player base by putting things too hard out of reach, which is what I think they've done with this new raid.

My guess is they will tune it soon and make the normal a little more realistic, but until then, its very disappointing.
  • Options
    The people making this claim either cannot read or they just honestly cannot think of anything to say to defend the terrible state this raid was released in. BOTH the announcement and the raid descriptions show that heroic is intended for lvl 80 G10 characters (not lvl 85 new gear max). This was not playtested at all as far as I can tell. The only other lame defenses I have seen are "I want a challenge" b/c this is the only form that could offer that right? Or "I guess you just wanted another rancor" b/c yes that is the ONLY other option here. The terrible defenses of this really go to show how hard it is to justify
  • Noe17
    148 posts Member
    Options
    There is gear available when the various areas of the Tables open up as you get to higher levels.

@BentWookiee Yes, but any energy you use on the tables is energy that could be used to farm stun cuffs. I need stun cuffs to build a deeper roster in order to raid better so there's still that catch-22.

Also, there are several pieces of gear that do appear to be raid exclusive, which gates several toons out of gear 11. Im not opposed to events that cater to whales and hardcore gamers, but I am opposed to events that cater to that crowd that gate you out of things you need to progress. There has to be a line between grinding and validating or the majority of your player base will get frustrated and quit.

Very true they need to bring down the hp of the raid.
  • Options
    JRS200x wrote: »
    The issue is that they put the Normal Difficulty too out of reach for the vast majority of players. I have no issue with the pay to win model in this game, and believe that those willing to spend large sums of money SHOULD get things others don't.

I don't even have a problem with the heroic difficulty being out of reach for 99% of the player base for a long time, the issue is that they made the Normal Difficulty so ridiculous.

My guild isn't doing Heroic Rancor at this point, so I didn't expect this new raid to be smooth sailing, but I didn't expect us to have done no more then 10% damage at this point...

There is a fine line to walk as a developer of a F2P game with P2W mechanics... you need to give the P2W people the incentive to continue doing so, but you also can't alienate the vast majority of your player base by putting things too hard out of reach, which is what I think they've done with this new raid.

My guess is they will tune it soon and make the normal a little more realistic, but until then, its very disappointing.
    So @JRS200x - what are saying is heroic should be tuned for P2W crowd and Normal should be others.

Did I get that right?
    If yes, then +1000.
  • Options
    Lo del nuevo asalto, no es escandaloso ! Es directo del Juzgado de Guardia ! Pertenezco a un gremio que hacemos habitualmente el rancor heroico en unas horas limitando un sólo ataque por persona...siempre estamos arriba en la tabla de gremios pero éste nuevo asalto es imposible. Desde que lo iniciamos hace tres días, hemos realizado única y exclusivamente la fase una y un 15 % de la fase dos, haciendo todos nosotros nuestros 5 ataques. Muchos de nosotros tenemos muy buenos equipos y a penas hacemos daño. He calculado, ya que no he podido leer en ningún sitio, que la FASE DOS TIENE 85 MILLONES DE VIDA !!!!!
    Se le has ido sinceramente de las manos....hemos estado esperando durante estos meses unas actualizaciones y este nuevo reto que se han demostrado ser pésimos y al alcance de muy pocos jugadores y gremios.
  • Options
    Maybe this helps. In MMORPG's they have Normal, Hard, and Nightmare modes to revitalize existing content. The AAT is a Hard/Nightmare type raid. Most will not be able to do it, ever. (I do wonder if it had lower tiers and they were too buggy or difficult to balance so they were dropped). It is interesting to see how far mobile games will try to go to compete with desktop and console games. (But to be fair, most gamers in those areas consider mobile games as something you do in an airport or bathroom (time waster) ).

That said, instead of going on and on about making it easier, etc. Ask for something mortal players can do. More events, etc..
  • Options
    But they have shown a relative lack of interest in "mortal" players... This raid is just more proof of that.

It simply isn't tuned properly except for those with ridiculous rosters and fully geared toons. The HEROIC should be built for those, the normal? No way.
  • Options

They can't magically fix everything in the blink of an eye, just look at stealth.

I don't think anybody is expecting them to wave a magic wand here. But they did test this for an extra 2 months before release so our expectation of less errors was honestly earned.

"No reward is worth this!" - Han Solo
  • Options

They can't magically fix everything in the blink of an eye, just look at stealth.

I don't think anybody is expecting them to wave a magic wand here. But they did test this for an extra 2 months before release so our expectation of less errors was honestly earned.

The two month delay was to allow their test team to finish phase 1.
  • Options
    How do you know that you won't soon be able to use ships in the raid? Not saying that you will, but it's certainly a possibility.
  • Options
    The need for the deep bench is strictly to get Kenobi. You can stay competitive, honestly more so, by ignoring the raid entirely. Focus on just your main arena team while everyone else is dividing their resources.

OK, but what if your main arena team isn't viable after the new gear and scaling to level 85 hits? If you guess wrong about what's going to be viable in a couple of months, it could take months to correct.
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »

Lol
  • Options
    There is gear available when the various areas of the Tables open up as you get to higher levels.

It's an issue of cart before the horse. The way it's currently setup even at 85 it's going to take most guilds weeks to finish one normal tank raid. At that rate it's going, it will take a year to get a squad ready for a heroic tank raid or for a guild that can finish a Normal raid in a reasonable amount of time.

We appreciated the lower tiers with the rancor because we could grind to get the gear needed (and spend $10 - 20 or more a month to stay competitive).

With the tiers the way they are it's taking us weeks! I'm in a solid T7 guild and we're not even through phase 1 of our first, this is totally unreasonable.
  • Options

LOL
  • Options
    Azadum wrote: »
    The need for the deep bench is strictly to get Kenobi. You can stay competitive, honestly more so, by ignoring the raid entirely. Focus on just your main arena team while everyone else is dividing their resources.

OK, but what if your main arena team isn't viable after the new gear and scaling to level 85 hits? If you guess wrong about what's going to be viable in a couple of months, it could take months to correct.

You can't remain viable in the arena when the whales get the new raid gear.

• Options
    Just wanted to say that farming raid gear in shipments is unrealistic for f2p. So when people out here just say 'buy them in shipments' I want one jump off a bridge. 1400 for purple or 1500 for gold means 2 weeks when you are only making 100 crystals a day. Or you could just stop farming everything else and cut that down to 1 week. But then I can't do any of the extra events because I am no longer farming clones/rebels/whatever.

'Available in shipments' is not viable for most f2p at the current prices. We neeeeeeeeed the raids. That is where the frustration really is. This alternative to raids is almost as ridiculous as the raids themselves. Not to mention I STILL need 30+ projectors which isn't even raid gear. So I spend 300 crystals a pop to get those because you need to get them as much as raid gear. So I save some crystals and then hey look... there's a projector! Buy it. Back to square 1 with no raid gear and no crystals.

I literally need 31 projectors, 32 cuffs, and 42 stun guns. That is not realistic from shipments.
  • Options
    Just wanted to say that farming raid gear in shipments is unrealistic for f2p. So when people out here just say 'buy them in shipments' I want one jump off a bridge. 1400 for purple or 1500 for gold means 2 weeks when you are only making 100 crystals a day. Or you could just stop farming everything else and cut that down to 1 week. But then I can't do any of the extra events because I am no longer farming clones/rebels/whatever.

'Available in shipments' is not viable for most f2p at the current prices. We neeeeeeeeed the raids. That is where the frustration really is. This alternative to raids is almost as ridiculous as the raids themselves. Not to mention I STILL need 30+ projectors which isn't even raid gear. So I spend 300 crystals a pop to get those because you need to get them as much as raid gear. So I save some crystals and then hey look... there's a projector! Buy it. Back to square 1 with no raid gear and no crystals.

I literally need 31 projectors, 32 cuffs, and 42 stun guns. That is not realistic from shipments.

It's not even realistic for moderate spenders. Most of us would need to spend $200-300 just to have a viable arena team.
  • Options

Hahah oh ****!! This comment wins!!!
  • Options

@BentWookiee Yes, but any energy you use on the tables is energy that could be used to farm stun cuffs. I need stun cuffs to build a deeper roster in order to raid better so there's still that catch-22.

Also, there are several pieces of gear that do appear to be raid exclusive, which gates several toons out of gear 11. Im not opposed to events that cater to whales and hardcore gamers, but I am opposed to events that cater to that crowd that gate you out of things you need to progress. There has to be a line between grinding and validating or the majority of your player base will get frustrated and quit.

In all games choices must be made, that is a big part of strategy. Where do you use your resources and when.

Well, this is pretty rude and unhelpful...

• Options
    Nastynas91 wrote: »

In all games choices must be made, that is a big part of strategy. Where do you use your resources and when.

Easy for a whale to say. I've been staying competetive for a long time. My roster is pretty deep, but then I can't even take anywhere near 10% of Grevious' health. Any progress I make will barely affect my performance in this raid. It takes a month (that's being generous) to max out a character from scratch. Everyone I have who is worthwhile is maxed.

There is only so much I can spread my resources. I can't farm cantina characters and mods at the same time. I also can't farm new gear if I need stun cuffs, stun guns, thermal detonators, etc.

I was hoping for some progress with the new raid. Now I have to start new characters from scratch who are useless outside of this raid.

All that aside, this raid is way too tedious. It needs a nerf. Sorry Team Instinct, but this favoritism towards the 1% of players needs to stop.

It'll stop once the bribery stops flowing the other way...
  • Options

Lol. true
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

How is it rude and unhelpful? :/

Making decisions and allocating resources\deciding the right path to take is a big part of any game. In a lot of cases, it *IS* the game. :|

• Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    How are we supposed to gear our toons once we get there?

Most of the required gear is only available in the new raid. Sure, I've bought some galactic gear packs to try them out and realize that I can farm the new gear from shipments, but in order to gear the 4 or 5 teams required to beat the new raid, I'd probably have to spend months refreshing the bare minimum and saving crystals for gear. For other less fortunate people than me who can't get 500 a day from arena, that could be half a year's worth of time given how slow T6 of the raid is.

That is the main concern I have with the new system. Even if they wanted to keep T7 the way it is, they should make T6 farmable enough so that people can actually use it to gear their toons for T7. Right now, it's a classic Catch-22

I know it semes to be bad but this is a raids! This is suposed to be hard! This is suposed to be the hardes thing in the game! Dont worry soon maby we will find the key squad for each part of that raid as we did with teebo! The rancor raids is too easy..... personaly i would like if they could had a legendary tier for the rancor raid!
  • StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Azadum wrote: »

If you don't want to take the risk, then happy farming. Taking chances is part of the fun!
    Post edited by StormTro0p3R_H on
  • Options

Most of the required gear is only available in the new raid. Sure, I've bought some galactic gear packs to try them out and realize that I can farm the new gear from shipments, but in order to gear the 4 or 5 teams required to beat the new raid, I'd probably have to spend months refreshing the bare minimum and saving crystals for gear. For other less fortunate people than me who can't get 500 a day from arena, that could be half a year's worth of time given how slow T6 of the raid is.

That is the main concern I have with the new system. Even if they wanted to keep T7 the way it is, they should make T6 farmable enough so that people can actually use it to gear their toons for T7. Right now, it's a classic Catch-22

I know it semes to be bad but this is a raids! This is suposed to be hard! This is suposed to be the hardes thing in the game! Dont worry soon maby we will find the key squad for each part of that raid as we did with teebo! The rancor raids is too easy..... personaly i would like if they could had a legendary tier for the rancor raid!

Right now it's way beyond challenging it's impossible. The average T7 rancor guild is less than halfway through the first one after a week. That's ridiculous.

We're not complaining that it's hard, we're complaining that there aren't lower tiers that are actually scaled to 80 G10 teams (or lower for guilds that are T6 rancor and below).

• Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options

Making decisions and allocating resources\deciding the right path to take is a big part of any game. In a lot of cases, it *IS* the game. :|

It would be possible to make the right decisions if we knew what to aim for. When the goal posts are moved at least once a week it's quite hard to decide what to do.

And on top of that you completely ignore the aspect of luck; I need more furnaces, stun cuffs etc than anything else, but none are dropping. This I also cannot affect, and it impacts my decision making.
  • Options

Because the concern is not that prioritizing and allocating is necessary. It's that BOTH are NECESSARY, but almost none of the players have the capability to do both.

And the real issue is that this is just one small part of a very big problem WRT how the company regards the majority of the player base (ie as inconvenient interlopers to their relationship with the whales).

If they were doing exactly what they're doing now with a generic property instead of star wars, not only would this game be a flop, but the company would probably suffer long term losses and undergo a major reorganization.
  • Options

hmm if the guild isnt ready then dont do the raid, Simple as that. The Raid for Herioc(T7) on Rancor and AAT its quite good as it is. Let say work your guild up to get to T7 Rancor then one day you guys can have a go at AAT raid. Nothing its free in the world.