For all the people saying that the raid will become easier at level 85...

Replies

• scuba
    14102 posts Member
    Options
    NotMatt wrote: »
    Scuba, its posts like that that make me wish there was a like button on here.

Lol. Yeah you are either running the tank raid or spending crystals if you want to gear up.
  • Options
    JbizzyG wrote: »
    It just released... can't even give it a week?

Nope, there's bugs in P1 of raid that is sucking the fun out of the experience.

Report it...

They can't magically fix everything in the blink of an eye, just look at stealth.

Just a word:
    August
  • Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    How are we supposed to gear our toons once we get there?

Most of the required gear is only available in the new raid. Sure, I've bought some galactic gear packs to try them out and realize that I can farm the new gear from shipments, but in order to gear the 4 or 5 teams required to beat the new raid, I'd probably have to spend months refreshing the bare minimum and saving crystals for gear. For other less fortunate people than me who can't get 500 a day from arena, that could be half a year's worth of time given how slow T6 of the raid is.

That is the main concern I have with the new system. Even if they wanted to keep T7 the way it is, they should make T6 farmable enough so that people can actually use it to gear their toons for T7. Right now, it's a classic Catch-22

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/72094/new-gear-and-where-its-showing-up#latest
  • Ing256
    471 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    You all do realize that all this raid really offers is General Kenobi, right? The gear is farmable for your main arena squad.

The need for the deep bench is strictly to get Kenobi. You can stay competitive, honestly more so, by ignoring the raid entirely. Focus on just your main arena team while everyone else is dividing their resources.

You better make sure your team will be able to take out Kenobi when he shows up, though. Think about it: if Kenobi is no threat to your team then you get to build up your main 5 while everyone else wastes their time.

@StormTro0p3R_H
    It was very apparent from the second new level cap was introduced that there was raid gear we'd get only from the new raid.
    People not understanding this are making a fool of themselves.
    In the meanwhile, the developer worked for about 6 months for the benefit of about 0.1% of the players base (pretty accurate rounded up).
    I seem to remember they fixed guild hopping so that people wouldn't get an unfair advantage by doing double as many raids as the other players of the game. Guess what... now the very same people is doing double as many raids as the other players of the game but... getting exclusive rewards from those extra raids.
    The 99.9% of the player base won't appreciate this.
    The marketing guys are still clueless and still think that each new money grabbing update will double their income rather than halving their player base.
    They still don't understand income comes from the player base who will convince whales to play and to spend.
    For example I'm 100% f2p, I never spent and will never spend a single dime on this game (because of the sick business model). But: the day after I started playing I sent a message to my friend telling him to play because it was the kind of game he would love. 3 days after that, he had already spent € 200 in the game. No more players like me? No more friends invited by people like me. And for sure: no more players invited by me.
    But stay put and positive because...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoy4_h7Pb3M
  • Options

Most of the required gear is only available in the new raid. Sure, I've bought some galactic gear packs to try them out and realize that I can farm the new gear from shipments, but in order to gear the 4 or 5 teams required to beat the new raid, I'd probably have to spend months refreshing the bare minimum and saving crystals for gear. For other less fortunate people than me who can't get 500 a day from arena, that could be half a year's worth of time given how slow T6 of the raid is.

That is the main concern I have with the new system. Even if they wanted to keep T7 the way it is, they should make T6 farmable enough so that people can actually use it to gear their toons for T7. Right now, it's a classic Catch-22

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/72094/new-gear-and-where-its-showing-up#latest

Still clueless? Man the update has been out for some time now
  • Options
    Ing256 wrote: »

Still clueless? Man the update has been out for some time now

Huh?
  • Lmoon74
    84 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Isn't it fundamentally flawed that 1% of player base can do tank heroic in 40 min but 99% player base will take a month to do "normal" raid...
  • Options
    You all do realize that all this raid really offers is General Kenobi, right? The gear is farmable for your main arena squad.

The need for the deep bench is strictly to get Kenobi. You can stay competitive, honestly more so, by ignoring the raid entirely. Focus on just your main arena team while everyone else is dividing their resources.

You better make sure your team will be able to take out Kenobi when he shows up, though. Think about it: if Kenobi is no threat to your team then you get to build up your main 5 while everyone else wastes their time.

@StormTro0p3R_H
    It was very apparent from the second new level cap was introduced that there was raid gear we'd get only from the new raid.
    In the meanwhile, the developer worked for about 6 months for the benefit of about 0.1% of the players base (pretty accurate rounded up).
    I seem to remember they fixed guild hopping so that people wouldn't get an unfair advantage by doing double as many raids as the other players of the game. Guess what... now the very same people is doing double as many raids as the other players of the game but... getting exclusive rewards from those extra raids.
    The marketing guys are still clueless and still think that each new money grabbing update will double their income rather than halving their player base.
    They still don't understand income comes from the player base who will convince whales to play and to spend.
    For example I'm 100% f2p, I never spent and will never spend a single dime on this game (because of the sick business model). But: the day after I started playing I sent a message to my friend telling him to play because it was the kind of game he would love. 3 days after that, he had already spent € 200 in the game. No more players like me? No more friends invited by people like me. And for sure: no more players invited by me.

I earn crystals every day that can be saved and used to buy the new "raid only" gear. And in less time than it takes to finish a normal tank raid by the sound of it.
  • Options
    The biggest problem in this forum is the whales and spenders always trying to give the f2p advice as if they have a clue lol. That applies the other way as well. Most of the "whales" don't spend anywhere near what they are assumed to be spending.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options

@StormTro0p3R_H

I earn crystals every day that can be saved and used to buy the new "raid only" gear. And in less time than it takes to finish a normal tank raid by the sound of it.

And all I'm saying is, why should we accept this state of affairs? I don't mind the whales getting Kenobi way before us - that's to be expected - but the fact that a normal raid takes so long that we're forced to buy gear is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Why all the hate on the new raid? Yes it'll take my guild months to complete but I wasn't looking for something I could solo in a week. Kenobi will be cool to have but there's no rush, he won't be a game changer.
  • Options

@StormTro0p3R_H

And all I'm saying is, why should we accept this state of affairs? I don't mind the whales getting Kenobi way before us - that's to be expected - but the fact that a normal raid takes so long that we're forced to buy gear is ridiculous.

I'm not saying it's as it should be, just that they did legitimately make it possible to be guildless if you aren't after Kenobi.

And I left guilds and enjoy the game more now :)
  • scuba
    14102 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi6371 wrote: »
    Why all the hate on the new raid? Yes it'll take my guild months to complete but I wasn't looking for something I could solo in a week. Kenobi will be cool to have but there's no rush, he won't be a game changer.
    The health could be cut in half for the normal raid and you will not solo it in a week.
  • Options
    The normal raid should be a lot easier, since all the whales/Dolphins will have to reorganize into one guild to beat heroic. I see a lot of players quitting when guilds are reorganized and they can't even beat normal in a reasonable amount of time.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Options

+1
    At that same time I have learned to not get stressed out over this game.
    I am stress sober for 1 day.
    Just going to do my 600/600 and dailies and whatever GW I can do.

Not going to worry about changing mods based on what someone posts.
    I do fine on Rancor and I get blown up on Tank takedown.
    No worries at all.
    My school has started so more worried about that hahaa.
  • Options

@StormTro0p3R_H

Yes, which doesn't mean it's a fair time for anyone wanting to progress in the game. More so if we are speaking about players getting an average of 100 crystals from the arena rather than 400 or so (constituting 90% at least of the player base).
    Developer said they wanted to avoid people getting an advantage (no guild hopping, evened out ben shards between the ranks). They said they wanted everyone to be able to experience the new raid by letting both of them run at the same time. I could go over, but can't you see yet how bad they failed?
    If you are not interested in guilds/raids it's fine, but it's your businees, players of the game are in a different mood.
  • Options
    Yeah I don't know how I feel about this raid and being forced into it to really proficiently gear toons without buying packs basically
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    There is gear available when the various areas of the Tables open up as you get to higher levels.

@BentWookiee Yes, but any energy you use on the tables is energy that could be used to farm stun cuffs. I need stun cuffs to build a deeper roster in order to raid better so there's still that catch-22.

It all improves your raiding capabilities now, doesn't it?

• Options
    I like the new raid and the challenge it presents. Rancor was a joke. I do agree that it takes longer than expected to complete. Instead of nerfing the raid, they should make the character refresh every 12 hours. That'd also help out the people across the world with bad reset times.

Longer than expected is an understatement. My guild could finish the rancor in 15 minutes. We limit everyone to 1 attack and have rules to avoid people soloing phases too quickly. Yet we are still not even through P2 of the T6 tank. Granted, the rancor has been out for months and we all have teams specifically designed to take it out, but even so, this tank raid has so much health that even with all of us doing our 5 attacks it is still taking days.
  • Options

You need to check his skills if you think he won't be a game changer, he is beyond OP.
  • Options
    The normal raid should be a lot easier, since all the whales/Dolphins will have to reorganize into one guild to beat heroic. I see a lot of players quitting when guilds are reorganized and they can't even beat normal in a reasonable amount of time.

This is my main concern on the future of this game.

They already shrunk the playerbase with the t7 raid (some had to move up from casual guilds to more organized ones), and people had to chose between staying with their friends or be competitve... but it was the first collective effort put in place.
    Now, these people are in a semi-competitive guild, there shouldn't be slackers in there... but guess what 99% of the guilds can't complete it, so what will this do to the "whales/dolphins" spread through out various guilds?

again, either stay with your friends and forget the money you spent to stay competitive or leave your friends and join a new whale guild.
    Problem, this time you aren't leaving slackers behind, but small dolphins/ good f2p players and losing those whales will kill "normal guilds"... and if f2p don't get a idea that they can stay at least a little competitive this game is going down...
  • Options
    Rancor got easier because you advanced from gear 8-9 to gear 10-11 and then on top of this, mods came! And you had Teebo too! I highly doubt one extra level of gear (on some toons only) and 5 extra levels which don't do much, will have a significant impact on the raid!
  • Options
    Synfreak wrote: »
    Rancor got easier because you advanced from gear 8-9 to gear 10-11 and then on top of this, mods came! And you had Teebo too! I highly doubt one extra level of gear (on some toons only) and 5 extra levels which don't do much, will have a significant impact on the raid!

In this case it is even worse: dificulty of tank raid wouldn't drop significantly
  • Options
    At level 85 I think I'll still be trying to get my squad A and B to get all the neccesary stun cuffs, holo projectors, syringes and stun guns.
    NotMatt wrote: »
    Have you not noticed a pattern? Every time a new gameplay option or feature is released, they make a big change to it a week or two later. They take feedback from the community and modify it. They did that when mods came out. And protection. They'll change the raid after a week or two. Just wait and see.

yeah, sometimes they changes things for the worst (mods drop rate nerfing).
  • Options

General Kenobi seems like a solid utility player, but every buff happy character already has a f2p counter: B2
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options

General Kenobi seems like a solid utility player, but every buff happy character already has a f2p counter: B2

And hopefully Tie Fighter Pilot soon as well. He seems like the perfect counter.
  • Options

And hopefully Tie Fighter Pilot soon as well. He seems like the perfect counter.

And pretty boss damage dealer at that....oh, and Ability Block on the main target (Kenobi,) how convenient :)

And B2 (wish Ventress was better) will be coming to replace QGJ in my squad by the time Kenobi rolls out to arena.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    The health could be cut in half for the normal raid and you will not solo it in a week.

Or add an "easy" t5 mode. I accept General Kenobi is out of my reach for a long time...probably longer than I will play this game. I am more interested in being able to develop my own strategies around a new aspect of game play. As it stands now, my best strategy is just to throw arena squads at GG to scratch him...the new raid is a grind like daily GW now. New gameplay should be exciting and spark strategy discussions in guild chat or on forums. Right now, I'm just autoing the AAT raid because my teams don't last long enough to test ideas. It's boring in less than a week.

The cynic in me says this is the equivalent of the PvP tourney for shoretrooper: release new gameplay to get the base excited, spark lots of spending, apologize later with a nerf or "bug fixes". Repeat.

I've dropped about $250 into this game thinking it would help me stay competitive. But GOH is a blackhole for your wallet. They will continue to release content that puts everyone further and further behind the top 1%. This will only work until a significant portion of the player base gets frustrated enough with the gap between the haves and havenots becomes insurmountable.

EA and CG have gotten my last dollar. I still enjoy the game, but will be a casual f2p from here on. Collecting characters is more fun than this hamster wheel grind they call "new content".
  • Darthisthenight
    386 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Great post. Especially the last paragraph. "This raid is too hard" without a constructive alternative is already getting old.

I think they will nerf the raid at some point. If there is a lot of resistance to that for some reason among the dev team a good compromise would be exactly what you say, at least make the T6 normal raid manageable within 3-4 days by the average top 200 guild.

In all honesty, I'll probably buy the gear anyway for my main squads over a couple months. But all 49 of my other guildmates won't and they shouldn't have to for us to make meaningful progress toward completing a T7 droid raid by the end of this year.
  • Options
    If anyone wants to merge guilds, message me. We are looking to replace 10-15 people