New Raid too HARD ? HM..NO

Replies

• StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Vargnor wrote: »
    I think people are used to being able to solo the pit. Never should have been a thing, a raid should take your whole guild and a bit of time to finish.

Personally enjoying it, my guilds chat is full of people sharing strategies and general discussion about the raid. Great change compared to the quiet of the last month or so.

We couldn't solo any phase on T6 prior to moving to T7 Pit, though several can now solo various phases on T7. And maybe it shouldn't have been a thing. But again, the issue is not that it is hard, it's that normal mode is basically a couple week long grind for most guilds.

I enjoyed p1 on Friday, and even a little on Saturday. But by the end of Saturday it was clear that this was not fun. And then I enjoyed p2 yesterday, and might enjoy it today. But will probably not enjoy it tomorrow. The biggest slap in the face of all, is that I should be able to do a solid amount of damage with a team of leve 80 g8 toons. But that's just so far from the truth that it is laughable.
  • Options
    I think people are used to being able to solo the pit. Never should have been a thing, a raid should take your whole guild and a bit of time to finish.

Personally enjoying it, my guilds chat is full of people sharing strategies and general discussion about the raid. Great change compared to the quiet of the last month or so.

From what I read here it seems those with multiple guilds all working on the same raid get to do it. Some dude just posted about his 80th place rewards.

A guild should have been 50 people. Mine is a fantastic guild who are awesome... but they find this raid boring and off-putting.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Options
    Maskarii wrote: »
    How many People are at Level 85 now?
    Nobody.ok
    How many People got max their Toons now?!

Dev's working for month.. We want fair Rewards, we get it. We want Kenobi, we get him plus they buff Snips. We want a Challenge..well we get em..

Yes Heroic is Hardnote..but come on Guys.. We all know how we can get some Kenobi Shards :D wuhahahah #GGVOICE

it will take his time but it's fine..End

First of all you think 5 levels will make a material difference?

With the rancor raid we had lower tiers to collect the gear needed to get ready for a T7. With this raid no chance. My guild can clear a T7 in 30 min, but at the raid we're going it's going to take weeks to finish one of these raids. That's weeks to get fractions of one piece of gear. It's a complete joke!
  • ItzCrooK2UxD
    6 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I do not for the life of me understand why a raid, heroic or not would be tuned for a whale guild. I get that they want a challenge but they paid off that challenge and spent money to make the game easier, but complain that there's no challenge? Here's a challenge...put up your credit card and play the game.

Also it's my opinion that high end raids should be tuned for the bottom of the top 25% giving the next 25% something to work towards and the bottom 50% hope of eventual completion.

Raiding should not be easy, but raiding is also typically found in games with a global chat for recruiting and such. Recruiting for smaller more casual guilds is difficult because the only way to get someone new aside from this forum is to add allies and hope they are 1) active enough to warrant inviting to your guild and 2) not already in a guild. This is further complicated by the fact that you can't really add PUGs to fill empty raid roster spots. In an MMO if you need 20 but have 10 you can find 10 PUGs who aren't locked out and they don't have to leave their guilds to raid.

I left my small guild with my brother and some real life friends to be able to raid T7 Rancor but had no idea that my move to a larger guild would almost be required to ever hope to finish AAT. People shouldn't have to choose between friends or raid rewards in a mobile game

/Endrant
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    T6 of the Tank raid isn't supposed to be the same difficulty as T6 of the Pit. It's supposed to be a lot harder. Thats why the rewards are twice as high for Tank Takedown.

I get that the Tank raid is supposed to be harder. But our guild can finish T6 of the Pit with just one refresh. So far we've not even gotten halfway through P1 of the Tank raid. It's on track to take 30x longer for only 2x the rewards?
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Traybor wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    T6 of the Tank raid isn't supposed to be the same difficulty as T6 of the Pit. It's supposed to be a lot harder. Thats why the rewards are twice as high for Tank Takedown.

I get that the Tank raid is supposed to be harder. But our guild can finish T6 of the Pit with just one refresh. So far we've not even gotten halfway through P1 of the Tank raid. It's on track to take 30x longer for only 2x the rewards?

And even then only 2x credits and guild currency. You get the same amount of gear, albeit a higher tier.
  • Options
    What's the point of me spending money (which I do) if i need the other 40 people in the guild to do it as well to beat the raid (not all will spend and fair play to them).

This has and is just breaking up guilds to form better ones. I want and will be staying in the same guild because I like them.

They messed up normal level (t6) massively if you ask me (mainly the hp / time) or not offering a t5 to do.
  • Options
    What language was the OP using?
  • Options
    This raid is a guild breaker. We've lost more then 50% involvement and losing people. When 75%-80% of player base can't effectively participate. They will find other games to play. Less player base less new injection of cash to game...
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Our guild can finish rancor in 20 minutes or less.

We are now 30% into p2 of normal and we started it as soon as the new raid launched.

I think heroic is just fine. Leave it but the enourmous amount of hp on normal is just boring. 30 mil hp for p1, 40 mil for p2... its unnecessarily boring. Not good for a game. They could half the hp on normal raid and it would still take time and be a touch more exciting.

So far I have calculated
    P1 34m
    P2 76m
    P3 51m
  • Options
    new raid is WAY TO HARD. it's a huge let down for those who were hyped about it.
  • Options
    You can now be a whale and still massively lose out because you are not in the right guild. If people are spending large amounts of money it should be predominantly a single player game
  • Options
    This is what I don't understand. We all asked for more difficult content. Everything became a state of inertia and equilibrium. People are trying to compare the t7 Rancor to the Heroic raid and that's a terrible comparison considering most guilds that I'm aware of can burn down the Rancor in a matter of minutes. Nobody remembers that when the Rancor opened up how long it took for T5 or T6 to be completed, the gear slog that was Teebo, farming a P1 team, etc. etc.

Another thing that I'm wondering is because of all the commotion about ships and this raid, was it rushed? What if they didn't have time to tune an Easy tier? All those comments about "August....huh huh huh" are now coming back to bite everyone who said them. If they dropped this in August, would you have been ready? The answer is absolutely not and even LESS guilds could complete it. We got another almost two months of farming and leveling in with Omegas.

And yes, it is a shame that guilds are losing members. But if you're one who invested a lot of time and money developing a deep roster and maxing out, wouldn't you be a bit upset when the f2p catches up to you in Arena or other aspects of the game in less than a month? Wouldn't you be sort of upset that you're the only one who can hit the goals of the new raid when you've invested a lot of money into this? If you're going to be casual, be casual. Hardcore whale? Be that.

Lots of chatter about guild hopping. Hopping now penalizes you in the rewards. I don't care if people jump in to help others. The BIGGEST issue we all had with hopping was the fact that players could rapidly obtain raid gear and that's been quelled. What's the issue?

Yes, there SHOULD be an Easy mode for players to get the hang of it, but don't disrespect those who are in guilds that CAN do it.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    @pac0naut I agree for the most part. IMO it is not that it is difficult. I think they got the mechanics of the game right with the attacks debuffs, forcing the AI to be able to attack etc.
    I agree it should not be compared to rancor raid at all because it is not.

IMO the health pool in normal is crazy, It could be halved and still not solo able or completed in only a couple days. The health pool has made this a stale event already IMO and I have not even gotten to P4 yet. Maybe another tier would have helped that along I don't know but I have lost all excitement for this raid and it has become another place to do 5 quick daily battles.

• Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    This is what I don't understand. We all asked for more difficult content. Everything became a state of inertia and equilibrium. People are trying to compare the t7 Rancor to the Heroic raid and that's a terrible comparison considering most guilds that I'm aware of can burn down the Rancor in a matter of minutes. Nobody remembers that when the Rancor opened up how long it took for T5 or T6 to be completed, the gear slog that was Teebo, farming a P1 team, etc. etc.

Another thing that I'm wondering is because of all the commotion about ships and this raid, was it rushed? What if they didn't have time to tune an Easy tier? All those comments about "August....huh huh huh" are now coming back to bite everyone who said them. If they dropped this in August, would you have been ready? The answer is absolutely not and even LESS guilds could complete it. We got another almost two months of farming and leveling in with Omegas.

And yes, it is a shame that guilds are losing members. But if you're one who invested a lot of time and money developing a deep roster and maxing out, wouldn't you be a bit upset when the f2p catches up to you in Arena or other aspects of the game in less than a month? Wouldn't you be sort of upset that you're the only one who can hit the goals of the new raid when you've invested a lot of money into this? If you're going to be casual, be casual. Hardcore whale? Be that.

Lots of chatter about guild hopping. Hopping now penalizes you in the rewards. I don't care if people jump in to help others. The BIGGEST issue we all had with hopping was the fact that players could rapidly obtain raid gear and that's been quelled. What's the issue?

Yes, there SHOULD be an Easy mode for players to get the hang of it, but don't disrespect those who are in guilds that CAN do it.

1+ Agree
  • Options
    Ing256 wrote: »
    When you stop talking to yourself you'll realize there is no way people are going to finish the raid just because a few of their toons have a few more levels. And they won't finish it after a few months, when they finally manage to also gear those toons.
    Becuase if you know how the game works, you also know the power difference is laughable.
    So if you do, why are you posting this?
    If you don't, why are you posting at all?

it was time to play a little bit trash&terrorism at the Forum and if you read it right you will find the answer how you can get kenobi shards and gear and credit z and :)

Your insightfulness is a marvel to all. We just hope you understand what on earth you are talking about. Because nobody else does.

not to all, just to a small Group :) but hey don't take everything to serious at all :))
  • Options
    I'm so sick of the complaints. How long did it take for people to finish rancor before mods? Did you know mods will make Rancor a joke? How do you know there won't be any increase of power to make this raid easier in the future?
  • ItsJarJarBinkz
    2494 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    So far we are a little bit in part 3 if the tank raid and we have 35 people that did 1 million or more. I did 5.5million. It just takes to long. It should take 3 days max in my opinion.
  • Options
    It's funny how people are saying AAT is more monotonous than rancor or literally every other content in the game.

Probably these people would find AAT less monotonic if they could beat it and start a new raid every 3 days.

Logic = fail

Oh the irony.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    We (team instinct) are already beating it much faster the second and third time around. The raid takes some getting used to, but just like rancor it gets easier over time. I suggest people keep working at it and analyzing their rosters to make the best setups for each phase.

As stormy has mentioned before, play it in airplane mode and learn the strats. It will help a ton.
  • Options
    Yeah...there should be more tiers. You don't start out playing basketball against Michael Jordon.

And if you do pretty sure he goes a little easy on you at first.
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    We (team instinct) are already beating it much faster the second and third time around. The raid takes some getting used to, but just like rancor it gets easier over time. I suggest people keep working at it and analyzing their rosters to make the best setups for each phase.

As stormy has mentioned before, play it in airplane mode and learn the strats. It will help a ton.

Can you give a link to the airplane mode comment?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • RealHanSolo
    447 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm so sick of the complaints. How long did it take for people to finish rancor before mods? Did you know mods will make Rancor a joke? How do you know there won't be any increase of power to make this raid easier in the future?

It took about a week the first time for a T5 where we could work up and grind the gear. This time we're not even 1/4 of the way through one after a week, so at this rate it'll take a year literally for the average guild to start beating a normal in any reasonable amount of time (i.e. a week or less).
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Nobody.ok

Dev's working for month.. We want fair Rewards, we get it. We want Kenobi, we get him plus they buff Snips. We want a Challenge..well we get em..

Yes Heroic is Hardnote..but come on Guys.. We all know how we can get some Kenobi Shards :D wuhahahah #GGVOICE

It's not the fact that Heroic is hard that is the problem, it is that it isn't hard enough compared to normal.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »

Agree it gets easier/faster on heroic. To those that just want to hit auto, you will do next to nothing. I do agree there should be an easier tier 5.
  • Galaxygoo
    34 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    If most guilds were fill, active level 80+ players, and that they will all get to 85, you might have a point. But the gear progressed is stopped because people won't be able to beat it themselves. If your guild is fine with it, then good for you. But the vast majority aren't, so you can't speak for us.

Then get your guild Up:) Nothing its free. Herioc for the win lol, we also bump our head on the first try but second try was good :)

Agrreed completely, RAID isnt a Solo thing. Its a Guild Thing. Means If your Guild is to weak..... then set the standard a bit higher, if you want to do the AAT raids. For our the others that cant do..... well you still got you easyweasy rancor raid.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Galaxygoo wrote: »
    Agrreed completely, RAID isnt a Solo thing. Its a Guild Thing. Means If your Guild is to weak..... then set the standard a bit higher, if you want to do the AAT raids. For our the others that cant do..... well you still got you easyweasy rancor raid.

You fail in basic logic here. Look at the numbers of completed raids. Twice as many Heroics than Normal kills.

Don't you see anything wrong there? Really?
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Naw wrote: »
    Galaxygoo wrote: »

You fail in basic logic here. Look at the numbers of completed raids. Twice as many Heroics than Normal kills.

Don't you see anything wrong there? Really?

People were exploiting heroic raids. I doubt you would see that many heroic kills if people didn't exploit it.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Nobody.ok

But it's tuned for level 80 G8. I shouldn't have to wait for level 85 G11 to do more than 1% per run.

people who cannot read but love telling others why they are wrong is awesome. Even if they weren't EXPLICITLY wrong with this max level chars hypothesis regarding what the raid is intended for, what do they honestly believe 5 levels and 1 gear level is going to miraculously change?
  • Options

It didn't take long at all for top guilds. People forget that Rancor became a joke for most guilds when they dropped mods 3 months after the raid (which was 3 months ago). We are nowhere NEAR close to what the initial Rancor situation was like, and this seems geared towards whatever massive power creep comes next.This is why it makes absolutely no sense to release now or to at least just tweak it after that next bombshell hits