New Raid too HARD ? HM..NO

Replies

• Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    I'm so sick of the complaints. How long did it take for people to finish rancor before mods? Did you know mods will make Rancor a joke? How do you know there won't be any increase of power to make this raid easier in the future?

It didn't take long at all for top guilds. People forget that Rancor became a joke for most guilds when they dropped mods 3 months after the raid (which was 3 months ago). We are nowhere NEAR close to what the initial Rancor situation was like, and this seems geared towards whatever massive power creep comes next.This is why it makes absolutely no sense to release now or to at least just tweak it after that next bombshell hits

Rancor was being beat by non-whale guilds within a week after we beat it. People were fearful of wasting their coins, or they could have done it sooner. It was definitely not 3 months.
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    I'm so sick of the complaints. How long did it take for people to finish rancor before mods? Did you know mods will make Rancor a joke? How do you know there won't be any increase of power to make this raid easier in the future?

It didn't take long at all for top guilds. People forget that Rancor became a joke for most guilds when they dropped mods 3 months after the raid (which was 3 months ago). We are nowhere NEAR close to what the initial Rancor situation was like, and this seems geared towards whatever massive power creep comes next.This is why it makes absolutely no sense to release now or to at least just tweak it after that next bombshell hits

Rancor was being beat by non-whale guilds within a week after we beat it. People were fearful of wasting their coins, or they could have done it sooner. It was definitely not 3 months.

Synergy guild which had ftp in it beat heroic rancor within a week of TI.
  • leeroyjenkins
    136 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

I think you need to reread what I said (unless you think top guild only means whale guilds)
  • Galaxygoo
    34 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Vargnor wrote: »
    I think people are used to being able to solo the pit. Never should have been a thing, a raid should take your whole guild and a bit of time to finish.

Personally enjoying it, my guilds chat is full of people sharing strategies and general discussion about the raid. Great change compared to the quiet of the last month or so.

I think you need to reread what I said (unless you think top guild only means whale guilds)

i am a bit sleepy to understand this lol:). But put it simple^^. Do you think that EA has to weaken the raid because newbies or freetoplay Players cant do the Raid? I mean the Raid is doable, since 42 Guilds done it. Means that atleast 2000 Players have done it.
  • Options
    Galaxygoo wrote: »
    I mean the Raid is doable, since 42 Guilds done it. Means that atleast 2000 Players have done it.

It's more likely that 1000 players have done it and just hopped a few times.
  • leeroyjenkins
    136 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
  • Options
    I think people are used to being able to solo the pit. Never should have been a thing, a raid should take your whole guild and a bit of time to finish.

Personally enjoying it, my guilds chat is full of people sharing strategies and general discussion about the raid. Great change compared to the quiet of the last month or so.

i am a bit sleepy to understand this lol:). But put it simple^^. Do you think that EA has to weaken the raid because newbies or freetoplay Players cant do the Raid? I mean the Raid is doable, since 42 Guilds done it. Means that atleast 2000 Players have done it.

How many of those 42 were sharing guild members to defeat it though? There is also a lot of talk of apks being used to increase damage greatly as well. Yes, they do have to weaken the raid, but not because newbies can't beat it. They need to weaken it because only whale only guilds can beat it (unless you guild pool which CG has decided to completely stop for some reason). My point was that people comparing it to Rancor raid are stupid because
    1. a ton of guilds could beat heroic when it came out and most didn't immediately try to do so because you were forced to beat lvl 6 at least once and this gave everyone a big misconception about what heroic involved. That CLEARLY is not the case with AAT raid.
    2. People have terrible memories because Rancor only became soloable and really easy after they released mods (rancor was 6 months ago and mods were 3 months ago). They only seem to remember the last 3 months. It actually wasn't tuned that badly before they introduced this game changing mechanic (mods). This raid is not tuned for what it says it is tuned for at all and, unlike Rancor, is not at all playable based on where we are now (despite the description explicitly saying otherwise).
  • Options
    Means that atleast 2000 Players have done it.
    Out of between 10,000,000 and 50,000,000 people who have installed the game on Android devices. :)
    (numbers taken from the game Google Play Store page)
    Not that all of them are (still) playing the game. ;)

• Options
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Out of between 10,000,000 and 50,000,000 people who have installed the game on Android devices. :)

Dunno how should responce to that lol. Just let say what should EA do? Rancor heroic mode its so boring right? to keep ..... let say .... the paying customer happy, they needed to bring in the AAT Heroic right? and for the Free to play or for the people that Play for the fun, they brought the normal mode. Its quite fair right?
  • Options

Dunno how should responce to that lol. Just let say what should EA do? Rancor heroic mode its so boring right? to keep ..... let say .... the paying customer happy, they needed to bring in the AAT Heroic right? and for the Free to play or for the people that Play for the fun, they brought the normal mode. Its quite fair right?

The normal mode isn't fun at all. Its boring
  • Options

How many of those 42 were sharing guild members to defeat it though? There is also a lot of talk of apks being used to increase damage greatly as well. Yes, they do have to weaken the raid, but not because newbies can't beat it. They need to weaken it because only whale only guilds can beat it (unless you guild pool which CG has decided to completely stop for some reason). My point was that people comparing it to Rancor raid are **** because
    1. a ton of guilds could beat heroic when it came out and most didn't immediately try to do so because you were forced to beat lvl 6 at least once and this gave everyone a big misconception about what heroic involved. That CLEARLY is not the case with AAT raid.
    2. People have terrible memories because Rancor only became soloable and really easy after they released mods (rancor was 6 months ago and mods were 3 months ago). They only seem to remember the last 3 months. It actually wasn't tuned that badly before they introduced this game changing mechanic (mods). This raid is not tuned for what it says it is tuned for at all and, unlike Rancor, is not at all playable based on where we are now (despite the description explicitly saying otherwise).

How many of those 42 were sharing guild members to defeat it though?

to be absolut honest we had 50 members, but because they didnt progress fast enough we remove 8 Players. So we had 42 Players of our own, and invited some from other BIGGY Guilds.

• Options

How many of those 42 were sharing guild members to defeat it though? There is also a lot of talk of apks being used to increase damage greatly as well. Yes, they do have to weaken the raid, but not because newbies can't beat it. They need to weaken it because only whale only guilds can beat it (unless you guild pool which CG has decided to completely stop for some reason). My point was that people comparing it to Rancor raid are **** because

to be absolut honest we had 50 members, but because they didnt progress fast enough we remove 8 Players. So we had 42 Players of our own, and invited some from other BIGGY Guilds.

I am not sure what your response means. You said it must be ok b/c 42 (out of how many) guilds had completed it. I was asking how many of those guilds shared members (thus using more than 50 players), cheated with APKs, or were whale only. I think that should answer how terribly tuned this raid is.

Btw are you saying 42 have finished the raid at all or that 42 have finished heroic?
  • Galaxygoo
    34 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

I am not sure what your response means. You said it must be ok b/c 42 (out of how many) guilds had completed it. I was asking how many of those guilds shared members (thus using more than 50 players), cheated with APKs, or were whale only. I think that should answer how terribly tuned this raid is.

Btw are you saying 42 have finished the raid at all or that 42 have finished heroic?

No i meant 42 players from our own Guild, the rest 8 we invited in. One thing its true, our guild has become a paytowin Guild. we had to remove 8 of our Players that were lacking behind.

But what i think is people are just in an uproar a bit lol, after 1 month or so have past people wll get use to Raid

• Options

The problem is normal takes a week or more to finish for guilds that already are at the point that heroic rancor is too easy. It takes forever, the rewards vs time investment is low, and you are constantly wasting tickets to overcap. There's no logical progression for t7 rancor -> normal AAT -> heroic AAT. currently its t7 rancor -> brick wall. Either "normal" is harder than necessary, or we are missing an easy tier that fills the step between heroic rancor and normal AAT.
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »

The problem is normal takes a week or more to finish for guilds that already are at the point that heroic rancor is too easy. It takes forever, the rewards vs time investment is low, and you are constantly wasting tickets to overcap. There's no logical progression for t7 rancor -> normal AAT -> heroic AAT. currently its t7 rancor -> brick wall. Either "normal" is harder than necessary, or we are missing an easy tier that fills the step between heroic rancor and normal AAT.

maybe they should consider bringing a mode thats easy: Easy Normal Heroic. Something like that?

• Options

maybe they should consider bringing a mode thats easy: Easy Normal Heroic. Something like that?

I think that's what most people are asking for. Not a change to heroic, but a new tier below normal or making normal accessible to guilds that already breeze though heroic rancor.
  • Options

I think that's what most people are asking for. Not a change to heroic, but a new tier below normal or making normal accessible to guilds that already breeze though heroic rancor.

Or perhaps putting accurate descriptions of what it is intended for? Normal AAT and heroic rancor are the exact same except normal takes into account mods. This is obviously completely out of whack and heroic is no better. The addition of an easy mode really does nothing to solve the problem with the existing modes
  • Options
    and now we have a good conversation great :)
  • Options
    Agree with the people who want an easy mode. Never change heroic, though.Unless you make it harder.
  • Options
    Agree with the people who want an easy mode. Never change heroic, though.Unless you make it harder.

no one wants it east like the rancor. As it is right now you need a guild with every player having 20 maxed and modded characters that work well in the raid. Most guilds don't have that.
  • Options

no one wants it east like the rancor. As it is right now you need a guild with every player having 20 maxed and modded characters that work well in the raid. Most guilds don't have that.

Easy mode sounds good. Leave heroic alone.
  • Options

Easy mode sounds good. Leave heroic alone.

Oh course the top 1% of the player base wants it the same. We need a gaming revolution before every game becomes PTW. Its so bad it's effecting $60 games. The way it's moving you pay for less nowadays.
  • Options

I promise you 20 won't cut it
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options

I think you are wrong. 20 max and modded characters is 5 teams... if each member does 2% in each phase you only need 4 teams. I am pretty confident we aren't using 20 characters per member during each of our attacks.
  • leeroyjenkins
    136 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

I think you are wrong. 20 max and modded characters is 5 teams... if each member does 2% in each phase you only need 4 teams. I am pretty confident we aren't using 20 characters per member during each of our attacks.

I know you are wrong. 20 max and modded characters is is FOUR teams... The last part sounds like you were too lazy to check whether your guild is using 20 chars and without knowing what guild you are in it means nothing. If you are in a whale guild then your top 20 chars are obviously different characters than most (different toons available). Even if you are not, you clearly haven't even bothered to see if what you are saying regarding your guild is accurate, so I don't know how you can pretend to be making a point. Just making 2% sounds like nothing until you actually do it. This is not as easy as you trivialize

P.S. I don't know if you guys take screenshots or have some other system to see what each member did and with what, so I understand if you don't have an easy way to verify easily, but it sounds like you didn't even ask your guild how many they went through and are just extrapolating your own experience.
  • Options
    I hope they release more boring content like this, my guilds almost dead and I need another reason to get away from this mediocre collecting game...
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Lol my math is bad. You are right, 4 teams. We do take screenshots though and I have access to them. People are generally doing more than 2% though.

You can believe me or not, I really don't care.
  • Options
    The raid needs T5. End of discussion.
  • Options
    Screw that, it's not the end of the discussion. I have 30+ 7* G9/10 toons and T6 is dragging on for ever.

Do I have to shop around for another guild? Is that what they want?

I understand that we are not 85 yet ... so give us something we can finish in a reasonable amount of time at lvl 82.