Half my guild is quitting

Prev1
I love star wars and don't want to see this game die. CG you need to fix this raid asap.

Replies

• Options
    That's a shame but people complained that Rancor was too easy and now that AAT is too hard. It's a hard balance to find and there will always be people that are unhappy. Hope you get the guild back or find a new one. Good luck and may the force be with you ;)
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • Options
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Why are they quitting?

Mostly due to reasons like "not worth the hassle", "too much **** not enough reward".
    ShewardN wrote: »
    That's a shame but people complained that Rancor was too easy and now that AAT is too hard. It's a hard balance to find and there will always be people that are unhappy. Hope you get the guild back or find a new one. Good luck and may the force be with you ;)

I agree with you but this is a mobile game, and for the most part mobile games are catered toward casual gamers, not hardcore gamers. I understand that hardcore gamers are the ones that spend money, but without the light spenders or purely f2p, the whales will leave too because nobody plays anymore. So ultimately, you need to focus content towards the largest represented group, then worry about hardmode content for whales.
  • Options
    Send the good ones our way then. We're a day quicker this time and will be next time too.
  • Options
    I say let them quit. I usually rock these games on attrition.
  • Options
    Had 2 leave today. Need a new guild for me n my friend
  • Options
    BigFish58 wrote: »
    Had 2 leave today. Need a new guild for me n my friend
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/player-guilds
  • Options

This.. I read the forums a lot, (probably too much. :/ ) and there was a lot of complaining about the Rancor. People were using TM teams to solo phases etc... there was a lot of cries of "boring".

The player base asked for it and pretty much got challenge, the thing I do not understand is why people are giving up before they get 85. I have done a HUGE difference in raid damage from my first one at 82 and my last one at 83.

I have to wonder if in a month this will be old hat again.

• Options

This.. I read the forums a lot, (probably too much. :/ ) and there was a lot of complaining about the Rancor. People were using TM teams to solo phases etc... there was a lot of cries of "boring".

The player base asked for it and pretty much got challenge, the thing I do not understand is why people are giving up before they get 85. I have done a HUGE difference in raid damage from my first one at 82 and my last one at 83.

Hey, you're a mod so you should be hehe :p

But yeah, as people level up, gear up, find out what works and what doesn't and adapts to the raid, it'll become easier. Hopefully at the end of all of that it'll still be decently challenging, but of course it'll naturally get easier without being touched. Will they adjust the raid though? I feel like they'll give it a small nerf soon, we'll see.

People see Kenobi shards and want him instantly, but don't remember that the raid is meant to be challenging and that you're meant to grow towards being able to complete it with your guild. Those leaving their guilds because their guild can't instantly handle it is a bit pathetic to be honest, especially if they've been in the guild for a long time and established friendships there.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    We haven't had anyone quit yet, but this raid is really dampening enthusiasm. People were excited about a new raid and new content, but turns out people aren't all that enamored with the idea of doing the same raid phase 2 days in a row or having to spend an hour raiding every day of the week for the foreseeable future.

The problem is not that the raid is a challenge, that's great, but that there is a tier missing between heroic rancor and normal AAT, or normal AAT is tuned incorrectly. There should be content for players coming off the heroic rancor raid being far to easy to them without slamming into a massive bullet sponge wall on the normal AAT.
  • Mynd
    233 posts Member
    Options
    Heroic is probably okay but Normal Tank Raid is stupid tedious. I really don't like it even though I placed first in my guild and got really good rewards. The week it took wasn't fun.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Stormy wrote: »

I already made a topic on that a week go, but the raid feedback section doesn't get much traffic :/

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/73205/general-raid-tiers
  • Options
    Mynd wrote: »
    Heroic is probably okay but Normal Tank Raid is **** tedious. I really don't like it even though I placed first in my guild and got really good rewards. The week it took wasn't fun.

My guild is still in Phase 1 :neutral:
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Are they quitting or changing their in game names and joining other guilds, that shall remain nameless as well.
  • Options
    OnJouney wrote: »
    Heroic is probably okay but Normal Tank Raid is **** tedious. I really don't like it even though I placed first in my guild and got really good rewards. The week it took wasn't fun.

Mine to, wanna race to 2017?
  • Options
    OnJouney wrote: »

Mine to, wanna race to 2017?

Haha, maybe a race to 2018... :smiley:
  • ARCTrooperFives
    737 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    My guild hasn't done the AAT raid at all, we have completely given up on it. People aren't even doing the rancor or anything, because the lack of new content and enthusiasm that is playable and not broken. I was really looking forward to this, but unless they address the balance issues this will be a massive bust.
  • Amish_Ace
    516 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

While I agree with this, the damage has already been done. The systems put in place in this game make you keep up, or fall behind. The more hardcore players leave a dedicated yet more casual guild to one that matches their style. This wouldn't be such an issue if it wasn't so impossible to recruit talent similar to what left. I'm sure you've seen all my attempts in the Guild section to recruit...all to no avail...
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

There is a difference between 1 person soloing 2.5 phases of a heroic rancor raid, and a frequently top 100 guild spending 4 days throwing everything including the kitchen sink at a single phase of the easiest version of the new raid. There is a middle ground, or there should be.

If people are in a guild with a group of people they like knocking out a tier of the raid that is doable in a few days, then they will most likely say, and grind away while working up to the harder phases. But getting rewards 2-3 times a month (and that's a considerably above average guild) from a raid with no lower tier available is demoralizing. And the top contributors will feel pressure to abandon their groups to advance.

In a month it may be old hat. But it is ripping apart guilds now. Having something a bit more on our level to do for that month would keep more groups together. Then we could stay together and work up to the harder tiers, which we want to be hard.
  • Amish_Ace
    516 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    And @BentWookiee , why did this get moved to Off Topic of all places?!

@JacenRoe @ShewardN can you believe this?! LOL...
  • Options
    Cashavelli wrote: »

I agree with you but this is a mobile game, and for the most part mobile games are catered toward casual gamers, not hardcore gamers. I understand that hardcore gamers are the ones that spend money, but without the light spenders or purely f2p, the whales will leave too because nobody plays anymore. So ultimately, you need to focus content towards the largest represented group, then worry about hardmode content for whales.

@Cashavelli: Exactly! Good point! I'm a whale myself and starting to loose interest as well. I don't wanna bump another $1k just to level up faster and get all my jawas / droids / jedis to full max gear (already have rebels and wiggs, but need 5 perfect teams of 25 heroes to do well in the new raid). Sucks Sucks Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!
    Do or do not...
  • Mynd
    233 posts Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a whale (spent 4-5 figures), but I'm on my last leg with this game. My guild is starting to collapse over the tank raid. We lost 2 of our heavy hitters, besides me, and I think more will follow soon.

For me, I'm contemplating if I want to continue even playing. The problem with the new content development is that the priority isn't to add fun, but how to monetize it. It's okay for a F2P game to want to make money, but I feel like the focus is just too skewed towards the money aspect.

I spent a lot and I felt like I was getting somewhere, that I would reach the ceiling, but the ceiling keeps going up and up and up and I just don't feel like continuing to keep up. I don't think EA should be asking big spenders for more and more money. The game's main development focus shouldn't be just for whales that keep spending. There should be an end game that, when reached, a player can feel comfortable just sitting back and relaxing. That will never happen with EA's current philosophy for this game.

This may be okay to others, but it's why I've made the decision personally to stop spending and to possibly quit altogether.
  • Options
    Amish_Ace wrote: »
    And @BentWookiee , why did this get moved to Off Topic of all places?!

@JacenRoe @ShewardN can you believe this?! LOL...

No idea, I did not move it to OT. :/

I put it "Guild Feedback" as it is feedback concerning "guilds". Thanks for the heads up.

• Options
    I'm a bit of a whale (spent 4-5 figures), but I'm on my last leg with this game. My guild is starting to collapse over the tank raid. We lost 2 of our heavy hitters, besides me, and I think more will follow soon.

For me, I'm contemplating if I want to continue even playing. The problem with the new content development is that the priority isn't to add fun, but how to monetize it. It's okay for a F2P game to want to make money, but I feel like the focus is just too skewed towards the money aspect.

I spent a lot and I felt like I was getting somewhere, that I would reach the ceiling, but the ceiling keeps going up and up and up and I just don't feel like continuing to keep up. I don't think EA should be asking big spenders for more and more money. The game's main development focus shouldn't be just for whales that keep spending. There should be an end game that, when reached, a player can feel comfortable just sitting back and relaxing. That will never happen with EA's current philosophy for this game.

This may be okay to others, but it's why I've made the decision personally to stop spending and to possibly quit altogether.

Good for you. The Student is now the Master. Great Avatar by the way..

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

Its not really a hard balance to find though - all they have to do is create raid tiers similar to the rancor but a little more challenging for the later tiers.

Its a no brainer.

My guild is at tier 6 of the Pit (not yet attempting tier 7).

We are on the easiest setting of the AAT raid and started this raid on the day of release - we are not yet past stage 1!!!!!

While finding a balance may be argued as being hard by the developers - what they have created is beyond ridiculous and I am with the OP 100% on this. I feel like me and a small handful of my guild are the only ones actually bothering to lay the AAT raid - our raid tickets (as you would expect) remain maxed out and just sitting there.

There is, without a doubt, a magnitude of upset players over this raid that was delayed from August to be perfect upon launch and its probably one of the worst things this game has done - finding balance? I have no words.

I don't mean to snap at you @ShewardN but the dev team should receive no quarter of understanding from the playerbase on this one and the OP's post here proves that.

I too love star wars (I live and breath it) and I too very much so enjoy this game - but for heaven sake I have no words for the lunacy that the dev team, EA or CG is doing with this game.

Not to mention how long it takes to do what you need to do in order to attempt to stay at a F2P competitive level in this game, now they are introducing ships next!!! They haven't even fixed the problems with Teebo yet that the player base has been complaining about for a very long time, let alone issues with GW and this AAT raid.

The devs should slow it down - release new toons to keep interest and get things fixed and release new content correctly - being actually tested for once.
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    In my experience the ones that left were high level players and did not give up on the game itself. Many started jumping ship to go look for higher raid level guilds so they could get better rewards. Happened to my guild. I feel we are better off without them.
  • Options
    My guild may be 3 weeks into the Normal Level AAT but we are improving every day. Yes it is a challenge but by the second or third times a guild has finished it they should have an understanding of how to attack it.