Luke

When does he actually get good? I have him at 4star lvl 48 still kinda poor

Replies

• effdash
    150 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    At 5* Gear level VII is where you can adequately determine if someone is good enough to continue leveling.
  • Options
    Nope he doesn't get good. His special is nice but on too long of a cooldown and his regular attack hits far too weak. Special at 6* can hit over 10K with offense up buff but that's not saying much considering 4* Leia can hit for 12K on a triple attack under the same conditions.
  • Options
    He's max geared for level 57 atm
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Cleaner wrote: »
    Nope he doesn't get good. His special is nice but on too long of a cooldown and his regular attack hits far too weak. Special at 6* can hit over 10K with offense up buff but that's not saying much considering 4* Leia can hit for 12K on a triple attack under the same conditions.

How is that not saying much? You're comparing him to a Chromo exclusive. Also she has significantly fewer HP and since she stealths round 1 when AI controls her she tends to have less impact than before her bug was fixed.

OP - Luke is one of the best FTP damage dealers in the game. As noted his special crits incredibly hard and has a chance to stun. He's an excellent counter to FOTP/IG-88/Darth Maul/etc. He's also a pretty good leader with his tenacity increase. He also isn't a Jedi or a droid so there are no real specific counters to him (aka the Sid jedi dodge, Dooku base attack jedi stun, Maul jedi damage, etc). He at 6* and and Luminara at 7* were my primary attackers up to the cap increase.

Unfortunately IMHO he lost a bit to other farmable damage dealers like Geo Soldier and IG-86 when the level cap increased. Geo Soldier can get gear level 9 now and is one of the fastest characters in the game. IG-86 also saw a slight speed increase. However Luke receives no new speed gear and so he's no longer able to act before a lot of other damage dealers. So while he's still fine he's no longer in the top tier of farmable damage dealers. I would recommend getting him to 5* and gearing him if for no other reason than to do light missions and GW. But there are better toons for end-game.
  • Options
    So ig 86 and geo soldier good and work farming then?
  • Kerraii
    27 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Wait it out for Jedi Master Skywalker to come out. Then there will be a Luke worth playing.
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    Options
    He's not the fastest but the damage on his special is really high. If you're FTP I think he's a worthy investment along with Geo soldier.

I intend to make a crit/stun team with him.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    Cleaner wrote: »

How is that not saying much? You're comparing him to a Chromo exclusive. Also she has significantly fewer HP and since she stealths round 1 when AI controls her she tends to have less impact than before her bug was fixed.

OP - Luke is one of the best FTP damage dealers in the game. As noted his special crits incredibly hard and has a chance to stun. He's an excellent counter to FOTP/IG-88/Darth Maul/etc. He's also a pretty good leader with his tenacity increase. He also isn't a Jedi or a droid so there are no real specific counters to him (aka the Sid jedi dodge, Dooku base attack jedi stun, Maul jedi damage, etc). He at 6* and and Luminara at 7* were my primary attackers up to the cap increase.

Unfortunately IMHO he lost a bit to other farmable damage dealers like Geo Soldier and IG-86 when the level cap increased. Geo Soldier can get gear level 9 now and is one of the fastest characters in the game. IG-86 also saw a slight speed increase. However Luke receives no new speed gear and so he's no longer able to act before a lot of other damage dealers. So while he's still fine he's no longer in the top tier of farmable damage dealers. I would recommend getting him to 5* and gearing him if for no other reason than to do light missions and GW. But there are better toons for end-game.

Luke is crap and the level cap isn't what killed him. I was subbing in a 5* Geo Soldier for my 7* Luke long before then (both maxed gear). Luke is decent to have for lightside pve and that's about it. If the op wants to 5 star him for lightside missions that makes sense.
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    Options
    J7000 wrote: »

Luke is crap and the level cap isn't what killed him. I was subbing in a 5* Geo Soldier for my 7* Luke long before then (both maxed gear). Luke is decent to have for lightside pve and that's about it. If the op wants to 5 star him for lightside missions that makes sense.

He hits hard. Sure he's no Poe or FOTP but I don't see how you can call him ****.

If your FTP he's easily accessible and way better than anything else you start out with.

• Randall
    1001 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    J7000 wrote: »

If your FTP he's easily accessible and way better than anything else you start out with.

other than Geo Solider which is 1 mission before, I think that was the whole point of his post.
  • Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    OP - Luke is one of the best FTP damage dealers in the game. As noted his special crits incredibly hard and has a chance to stun. He's an excellent counter to FOTP/IG-88/Darth Maul/etc. He's also a pretty good leader with his tenacity increase. He also isn't a Jedi or a droid so there are no real specific counters to him (aka the Sid jedi dodge, Dooku base attack jedi stun, Maul jedi damage, etc). He at 6* and and Luminara at 7* were my primary attackers up to the cap increase

That's not true, he's a Rebel toon so Empire toons like Veers and Tarkin DO have specific counters to Luke.
    Once the cap is high enough to get Vader to 7* legitimately I think you'll see a lot more Empire synergy teams around.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    I am currently lvl 56 and I got Luke up to 6*s. I am leaning towards leaving him there for now. I really REALLY want him to be better than geo but he just isn't. I still use him in arena for lack of better current options, and he crits well on my Sid team but I have a feeling I will sub him out in the near future. As a Star Wars fan, it sucks that a MAIN char isn't as good as a dumb lookin bug thing...
  • Options
    I starred him to five and he's not great. When he's criting a lot he's great, when he's not he's average. He can take a hit though which is nice. Kind of a RNG character. I wouldn't star him a lot but if youre looking for someone early in the game he's not a bad choice.
  • Options
    I'm farming my Luke up right now and have an end game team built around him.

As a stand alone character, he's good but not great. In the right team he can really shine