How to Take Down the Heroic AAT (intended for mix and FTP guilds)

Replies

• Thanks for posting man! Bookmarked!

No prob! I hope it helps!
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • I appreciate the effort, but this is a pretty bad guide is it is designed for people to gauge whether the guild is ready for heroic. To argue that you need these specific teams isn't accurate and kind of furthers how weak the raid is. You don't have to have a lot of this, and the main goal is too see if people have the patience to retreat a billion times until they can do 2% damage for each phase. The real metric is whether you have at least 40 7 star teams and a lot of G10 and modded toons. I saw this P3 tactic earlier. If you came up with it, you are awesome. If not, still spreading the gospel I suppose. It does make the second worst phase easily doable if you have the time to piddle around

Lol I too am confused at what you're trying to get at here.

And if you actually read the guide, this would mean that any guild who has the 20 'required' characters total (per member) at a decent gear level should be able to clear Heroic with ease now.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • I think this is a great little guide OP! Thank you! Thinking of all the teams and mods you need for this raid is extremely overwhelming and IDK about everyone else but i feel like im being pulled in a million different directions trying to get a fuller roster. I dont have EP so i was thinking a full jawa team for P3, not the best i know but those jawa stuns/bombs could help a lot. I dont know. Heard some good things about jawas there.

I would really love to join a heroic guild for general kenobi but i know my roster is not up to heroic standards haha. i only joined my T7 rancor guild like 2 months ago so sadly my gear isnt where it should be, i spent wayyyy too long in a T5 guild because it was my first guild and i really liked those people. Staying there set me back so much. I currently have 18 7* and 5 6*, quickly trying to turn those 6* into 7*. Gear wise i have 1 G11, 2 G10, 5 G9 and 15 at G8. Working on my jawas now since i needed crit damage mods ASAP as well but jedi are on my list next. Thanks for the great suggestions, i will definitely bookmark this and reference back to this when its time to farm my jedi. I think Aayla is like the only really good jedi i never farmed, i had a 7* Ahsoka from trying to get Yoda and also Ima Gun Di was 1 of my 5 7* jedi so i feel slightly ahead of the game there! I just need to gear them more thats for sure.
  • Thanks for info

copy pasted and send to my guild!
  • runefan wrote: »
    I think this is a great little guide OP! Thank you! Thinking of all the teams and mods you need for this raid is extremely overwhelming and IDK about everyone else but i feel like im being pulled in a million different directions trying to get a fuller roster. I dont have EP so i was thinking a full jawa team for P3, not the best i know but those jawa stuns/bombs could help a lot. I dont know. Heard some good things about jawas there.

I would really love to join a heroic guild for general kenobi but i know my roster is not up to heroic standards haha. i only joined my T7 rancor guild like 2 months ago so sadly my gear isnt where it should be, i spent wayyyy too long in a T5 guild because it was my first guild and i really liked those people. Staying there set me back so much. I currently have 18 7* and 5 6*, quickly trying to turn those 6* into 7*. Gear wise i have 1 G11, 2 G10, 5 G9 and 15 at G8. Working on my jawas now since i needed crit damage mods ASAP as well but jedi are on my list next. Thanks for the great suggestions, i will definitely bookmark this and reference back to this when its time to farm my jedi. I think Aayla is like the only really good jedi i never farmed, i had a 7* Ahsoka from trying to get Yoda and also Ima Gun Di was 1 of my 5 7* jedi so i feel slightly ahead of the game there! I just need to gear them more thats for sure.

Full jawa isn't bad, and OB lead with Uggy isn't awful either. But yes it is a tough farming decision on who to go for next, but I'd say work on one team at a time to reduce senses of overwhelming. It would be better to have 5 great Jedi than to have 1 great Jedi, droid, rebel, and jawa spread across all phases.
  • benacrow wrote: »
    Full jawa isn't bad, and OB lead with Uggy isn't awful either. But yes it is a tough farming decision on who to go for next, but I'd say work on one team at a time to reduce senses of overwhelming. It would be better to have 5 great Jedi than to have 1 great Jedi, droid, rebel, and jawa spread across all phases.

Yeah i have definitely been trying to work on 1 team at a time, i was so close to getting EP but was 1 hero short of 5* so i only got to do up to tier 4. As soon as Wedge came to cantina i was finishing off Lando, then started Wedge, got Biggs from GW and ST Han from arena. My rebel team is by far my best team and is the best geared. Right now i have a decent jawa team in the works and once thats done i will finish up my jedi team who isnt too bad to be honest. Not like how i had to start farming jawas from 0*-7*. By the time i am done with that i am sure there will be more toons that i just MUST farm haha, just how the cycle goes.

• I am in the same guild as original poster, most of us did not have all the required elements for the phase 3 team mentioned, but those who did were hitting in excess of 350k with one team for what is widely considered the most difficult phase.

A second strategy that some of us without the required toons used was
    Old Ben (l)
    Ugnaught
    Yoda
    Rey
    Jawa.

All characters with natural dodge under an old Ben lead. Use this team as your second phase 3 team when you have already built enemy turn meter with your first. Use Jawa , Ugnaught and old Ben to stun and ability block the buffed adds and allow Rey to hit the boss as often as possible

Talking about natural dodge, have you tried sid and lum under Ben lead?
    I am the Reaper
  • Very nice guide thanks for posting!
  • I am in the same guild as original poster, most of us did not have all the required elements for the phase 3 team mentioned, but those who did were hitting in excess of 350k with one team for what is widely considered the most difficult phase.

A second strategy that some of us without the required toons used was
    Old Ben (l)
    Ugnaught
    Yoda
    Rey
    Jawa.

All characters with natural dodge under an old Ben lead. Use this team as your second phase 3 team when you have already built enemy turn meter with your first. Use Jawa , Ugnaught and old Ben to stun and ability block the buffed adds and allow Rey to hit the boss as often as possible

Talking about natural dodge, have you tried sid and lum under Ben lead?

Natural dodge could work to get some extra damage in, but I wouldn't recommend it since lumi and sid don't have too much to offer here.
  • Cool, thanks @benacrow for the guide. Good info!
    I am the Reaper
  • Awesome guide! Thanks for the info. How useful would it be to use a full Jawa team? I only have JE and Nebit geared, is it worth bringing the others up and which phase would they be best utilized? Or should I just stick with JE and Nebit in a Droid comp?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    thanks for sharing. Specially that phase 3 strategy took me by suprise!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Awesome guide! Thanks for the info. How useful would it be to use a full Jawa team? I only have JE and Nebit geared, is it worth bringing the others up and which phase would they be best utilized? Or should I just stick with JE and Nebit in a Droid comp?

Full jawa can possibly work in P3, but then you'd have to use up JE and Nebit there instead of in a P2 droid team where they'd be more useful. I'd say stick with the droid/jawa hybrid and work on other teams.
  • Is there another good lead for phase three if you don't have Chirpa or Old Ben?
  • In p3, why chirp lead instead of palp lead?
    Also in p3, why SF, he is p2p not f2p (as your title states)
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    @Supercat
    EP's basic shock gives him +15% TM gain per shock.
    There are 6 adds in that phase for a total of 90% TM gain once you land all 6 shocks.
    Chirpa leader gives 20% TM gain on use of basic attack to all Ewoks and 10% to non-ewoks.

With Chirpa as leader, EP can then gain 100% on his basic so you can constantly attack the boss with no other enemy's being able to move.
  • Kendog wrote: »
    Is there another good lead for phase three if you don't have Chirpa or Old Ben?

Dathcha lead isn't bad, but then you'd have to run full jawas. Other than that, any leader will do but you'll just get far less damage in.
  • Supercat wrote: »
    In p3, why chirp lead instead of palp lead?
    Also in p3, why SF, he is p2p not f2p (as your title states)

Next to SF I said (alt), and below SF there's a list called 'Alternates' meaning that those will also work to replace SF. I put him there because he's obviously the best option, but only if you have him available.
  • P3 SQUAD UPDATE

Bariss is also another good option to replace an extra taunt (so Chirpa L, EP, RG, Bariss, STH).

With her new unique ability, she gains TM whenever someone is critically hit, so she would gain TM when the boss crits your taunts, then be able to heal the taunter back to full health.
  • Phipps wrote: »
    @Supercat
    There are 6 adds in that phase for a total of 90% TM gain once you land all 6 shocks.
    Chirpa leader gives 20% TM gain on use of basic attack to all Ewoks and 10% to non-ewoks.

With Chirpa as leader, EP can then gain 100% on his basic so you can constantly attack the boss with no other enemy's being able to move.

EP lead would give more TM and heal though. Is it chirpa because EP might get resisted?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Supercat wrote: »
    Phipps wrote: »
    @Supercat

EP lead would give more TM and heal though. Is it chirpa because EP might get resisted?

EP lead only grants additional TM to him after applying a debuff. Once you've debuffed all the adds, he no longer benefits from his leader TM gain. So on his basic attack, he would earn 15% x6 so 90% TM, then Chirpa as lead would give him the additional 10% when using a basic attack.
  • Has anyone tried a clone team in P2 heroic?

I have been hitting for just over 1m in the normal raid with a Cody lead clone team but going to be a while before my guild is ready for a heroic attempt to see if this is replicated on the heroic more.

For clarity : Cody, Rex, Clone Sgt, Fives and Echo.
  • Alternate tanks that seem to have good kits for this strat are:
    • Stormtrooper: Stormtrooper Bravado - gives def up to empire and 50% chance to remove 10%TM when ever he is damaged.
    • Shoretrooper: Regroup - Cure 24% of Shoretrooper's HP and crit hit immunity. (crit hit immunity nullifies Barriss' use though)

Can you explain STH? It seams that his giving TM to your team might not be ideal if they loose their taunt because of it.

Great write up!
  • Alternate tanks that seem to have good kits for this strat are:
    • Stormtrooper: Stormtrooper Bravado - gives def up to empire and 50% chance to remove 10%TM when ever he is damaged.
    • Shoretrooper: Regroup - Cure 24% of Shoretrooper's HP and crit hit immunity. (crit hit immunity nullifies Barriss' use though)

Can you explain STH? It seams that his giving TM to your team might not be ideal if they loose their taunt because of it.

Great write up!

Shoretrooper wasn't included because very few are running heroic AND have a 7* ShT, but he is a good option in place of bariss for sure. Storm would be good too.

STH would be there mainly for getting initial turns moving while EP needs to apply shock still. After he gets going, STH can help with the boss' TM removal. The added TM won't make too much of a difference anyways because EP will be gaining so much more.
  • Thanks for the guide!

I've been at a loss on who to farm and gear for this raid.

Now I have a direction to go, makes the game fun again

Too bad Jawas aren't the heroes we all thought they would be, at least they'll be useful in mod challenges
  • Thanks for the guide!

I've been at a loss on who to farm and gear for this raid.

Now I have a direction to go, makes the game fun again

Too bad Jawas aren't the heroes we all thought they would be, at least they'll be useful in mod challenges

Unfortunately not for the jawas, but glad this gave you some direction!

For the mod challenge they really only need to be g8 or so too.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Great Job Benacrow I too am in his guild and will attest to how well this stratagy works . Since using we have cleared 2 heroics easily with huge reserves not used. Heroic is in full farm mode now for us. Only one thing I would like to add . First couple attempts you try needs a dedicated guild member to manage . We have phase assignments which makes this even easier since all won't have the desired comps for all phases. Wasted damage would possibly make your guild fail. Using wrong characters in wrong phase again possible to fail. We have a great raid leader in Male his leadership made this thing easy. Happy Kenobi farming to all .
  • I am bumping this because it truly is the best guide available right now.
    Empire Relic
  • PHASE 3 SQUAD UPDATE

SRP is also a good tank for this phase, now that he is farmable in cantina, as would be shoretrooper for those with 7*. If possible, your 3 tanks should not include STH because the point of the strategy is for no one else to gain any TM but EP.

Also, Bariss wasn't that great and a 3rd taunt would work better.
  • Is there an actual difference in difficulty between normal and heroic? (not referring to total hp and refreshes, but actual other stat difference)
    My guild is on normal, and my G10, well modded danger zone is consistently only pulling in about 550k damage, and that has me worried.
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?