KNOWN ISSUES - 12/23/2015

Prev1345678
EA_Jesse
663 posts SWGOH Dev Team
edited December 2015
Greetings Heroes,

I wanted to thank all of you for your topics in the Bugs and Issues forum that you have been posting. Below you will find a list of all the topics that we are aware of and are looking into.

Known topics

General
  • Targeting in battles (unable to switch or select targets when no taunt is present)
  • Multiple Arena awards being sent in the same day
  • Ally Points not being awarded properly
  • Game stuck on loading screen
  • Galactic War token display issue (EX: showing reward of 400 but only receiving 200)
  • Display issue for gear (image stretching out of display box)

Characters
  • Talia AI healing issue
  • Asajj Ventriss ability issue

Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
Post edited by EA_Jesse on

Replies

• Options
    oh no! not multiple arena awards in the same day!
  • Options
    ive got none of the.issues mentioned
    however ive no Bariss Offee and Ventress, so no comments on that
  • Options
    Dooku is absolutely not OP if you're fighting at similar gear / team levels. I find Chewy to be a more annoying and tactically challenging character than Dooku. This is just bad feedback from others. Bad as inaccurate.

Barriss hits like a limp noodle - if her heal is nerfed she loses the majority of her value and may not be playable.

I can't wait till the really strong toons become more prevalent in people's teams. Dooku / Barris are solid toons, but not 1st tier at all...probably not even 2nd tier. They are just getting attention now since they were recently released in a pack and many have them. Many haven't had time to develop 2/3* non-pack toons well enough or get them to 4*...barriss starts out at 4* so she will have an instant advantage on 2/3* non-pack toons as those toons develop. Keep this in mind. This is why she is heavily seen in PVP - relative to the stage of many people's rosters, 4* is huge and better than what they've been able to develop. I'm already seeing her value reduced as 5* / 6* toons come in to play. She has a great leader ability too which is why you see her a lot in PVP.

If Dooku is OP than Chewy is OP - I have to alter my tactics and approach as much or more vs. Chewy than vs. Dooku.

• Options
    @JohnnySteelAlpha I completely agree with everything you've just said.
  • Ease
    16 posts Member
    Options
    I second the points made by JohnnySteelAlpha above. Dooku and Barriss are fine, the balance is quite good here overall. Why mess with a good thing?
  • Options
    4-F has a lot of the same problems that 4-L had. My light side team is 10 levels ahead with level 5 gear and the grenade spam still wrecks me
  • Pokebreaker
    734 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Lmao, the P2Wers coming to protect their investment. Don't worry about it, you guys didn't spend money in order to get an advantage of any sort anyway; you spent money just to support the game/developers. I mean, you guys have so much extra money, that having your ROI go out the window doesn't mean a thing. Just buy the next OP thing, and you'll be rolling in the tears of Free players in no time, guaranteed.

Umm, who complained about getting double arena payouts?
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    quote="Pokebreaker;4365"]Lmao, the P2Wers coming to protect their investment. Don't worry about it, you guys didn't spend money in order to get an advantage of any sort anyway; you spent money just to support the game/developers. I mean, you guys have so much extra money, that having your ROI go out the window doesn't mean a thing. Just buy the next OP thing, and you'll be rolling in the tears of Free players in no time, guaranteed.

Umm, who complained about getting double arena payouts?[/quote]

Why all the P2P / F2P hate? And...Dooku was 4.99...that's less than a 6 pack of beer. Are we really calling Dooku P2W? That's a modest amount of $. I don't get your point about "so much extra money" - $4.99 is "so much extra money?"

Also, I'm huge on balance. If they were OP - I'd be happy with a nerf. They already corrected Dooku's counter in the previous update - I wasn't upset with that. He should be fixed. It's just not true that they are OP. Nerfing characters that do not need nerfing just because people haven't had time to develop characters enough to defeat them doesn't make sense.

These pack toons come out as 3/4* and are insta-ready to go compared to non-pack toons that are 1/2* and need developed. Of course they will seem OP to many players using those non-pack toons.
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Known topics

Characters

I hope you mean Dispel.

That's a nice ability but perhaps it is based on % or some other stats?

A clarification could be useful. But that's one of Ventriss' abilities I'm more interested in since it's also AOE. Would be great to clear off all benefits from the enemy. But if only a % of the time it gets removed, then I also better than just AOE attack. Could EA clarify Dispel?

• Options
    Nerf dooku and or BO and me and my wallet quit. People spent money to get these because they are great toons.
  • Options
    I'm in the top 10 on my server every day and I don't even use my Dooku. He is really easy to defeat if your other toons are up to par. I would rather see a Dooku then a 4* or 5* Sid.. I can see when your team is low level and have to go up against Dooku but at higher power levels he is just another dps if handled right is not much trouble.
  • Options
    Lmao, the P2Wers coming to protect their investment. Don't worry about it, you guys didn't spend money in order to get an advantage of any sort anyway; you spent money just to support the game/developers. I mean, you guys have so much extra money, that having your ROI go out the window doesn't mean a thing. Just buy the next OP thing, and you'll be rolling in the tears of Free players in no time, guaranteed.

I've only paid $5 for the Dooku pack using free Google Play credits.

And how is $5 even considered a huge investment? I spent twice that amount just for lunch.
  • Options
    Dooku is op if he hits 2,3 times more often than he should. If he works exactly as described then he is a good char but not guarantee a win. Every char is op given the right situation. People keep complaining and EA grins. You know what, we get enough money for selling these chars, time to nerf them and introduce new Op ones. Nerfing Dooku does not concern me because I am not gonna use him, he will be stuck at 3,4* like forever.

I would suggest that EA offers a way of refund pple's shards if they nerf Op chars. It does not make (moral) sense to get $50 from people and then the next day nerf the char that they bought. Would anyone buy junk chars for $50? Or buy good chars for $50 for a few days? Of course not.

Mind you that EA knows which chars are op when they create them.
  • Options
    I think the only balancing dooku needs is remove the bonus attack possibility from counter attacks. And I think that should be across the board for all characters.
    --Nud Stark--
  • Options
    Bye Bye Barriss
  • Options
    No word on health steal or other characters such as mace windu being unable to remove buffs or bariss being unable to remove debuffs? I'm disappointed. Fix the game first then work on balance issues. If the game isn't working as intended it's hard to tell which characters are truly out of balance.
  • Options
    If u nerf Barris.
    I want to refund my 49.99 usd.
    :)
  • Options
    quote="Pokebreaker;4365"]Lmao, the P2Wers coming to protect their investment. Don't worry about it, you guys didn't spend money in order to get an advantage of any sort anyway; you spent money just to support the game/developers. I mean, you guys have so much extra money, that having your ROI go out the window doesn't mean a thing. Just buy the next OP thing, and you'll be rolling in the tears of Free players in no time, guaranteed.

Why all the P2P / F2P hate? And...Dooku was 4.99...that's less than a 6 pack of beer. Are we really calling Dooku P2W? That's a modest amount of $. I don't get your point about "so much extra money" - $4.99 is "so much extra money?"

Also, I'm huge on balance. If they were OP - I'd be happy with a nerf. They already corrected Dooku's counter in the previous update - I wasn't upset with that. He should be fixed. It's just not true that they are OP. Nerfing characters that do not need nerfing just because people haven't had time to develop characters enough to defeat them doesn't make sense.

These pack toons come out as 3/4* and are insta-ready to go compared to non-pack toons that are 1/2* and need developed. Of course they will seem OP to many players using those non-pack toons. [/quote]

Wow, JSA nice to see you here too! I'm a fan
  • Options
    What this mainly means is that any paying players will be less inclined to buy anything else. Loss of confidence in the purchased products.
  • Slushie
    425 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @Sydonia wrote: »
    No word on health steal or other characters such as mace windu being unable to remove buffs or bariss being unable to remove debuffs? I'm disappointed. Fix the game first then work on balance issues. If the game isn't working as intended it's hard to tell which characters are truly out of balance.

Nah, they'd rather listen to all the people complaining about the wrong characters being OP when they're not. There's too many of them for EA to ignore :p

P.S. I agree with you.
  • Options
    Greetings Heroes,

I wanted to thank all of you for your topics in the Bugs and Issues forum that you have been posting. Below you will find a list of all the topics that we are aware of and are looking into.

Known topics

General
    • Targeting in battles (unable to switch or select targets when no taunt is present)
    • Light Side Battle 4-L being too difficult

Characters
    • Barriss Offee healing abilities
    • Count Dooku being too powerful
    • Talia AI healing issue

I've described a bug with Admiral Ackbar "it's a Trap".. his ability doesn't remove the status "DEFENSE DOWN"
  • Pokebreaker
    734 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

These pack toons come out as 3/4* and are insta-ready to go compared to non-pack toons that are 1/2* and need developed. Of course they will seem OP to many players using those non-pack toons.

There's no hate. I am thoroughly amused. This is the same thing that happens in every "F2P" game, and games in general. Players don't spend money on things that are junk; they spend money on things that are considered "OP". If you were to ask most of the players if they have ever heard of Barriss Offee before playing this game, or if she is their favorite character, they'd likely say no. Most have the character solely because it was mentioned in a strategy guide, or they were repeatedly dominated by it, so they wanted to jump on the bandwagon. When many in the player base are willing to spend money on particular characters that aren't primary names in the genre, you know that character is above "average".

I laugh at those who spend money, with the IDEA of what they're getting being OP. I also laugh when those items inevitably get nerfed as well. I've been gaming for a very long time, just like many others, and the same thing happens every single time.

You can already see people complaining about their money. They don't care about the character itself; They care about the stat/ability combination it came with. If there were a character model that looked like a ****, but had "OP" stats, people would be throwing their money at it.

I'm an F2P nomad, with much patience. I never complain about items being OP, I just uninstall, or avoid that area of the game altogether.
  • Options
    Sw_Home wrote: »
    If u nerf Barris.

Wait, I thought those that bought her only did so because they liked her as a character. Are you telling me you only liked her for her stats?
  • Options
    davida8546 wrote: »
    Dooku is op if he hits 2,3 times more often than he should. If he works exactly as described then he is a good char but not guarantee a win. Every char is op given the right situation. People keep complaining and EA grins. You know what, we get enough money for selling these chars, time to nerf them and introduce new Op ones. Nerfing Dooku does not concern me because I am not gonna use him, he will be stuck at 3,4* like forever.

I would suggest that EA offers a way of refund pple's shards if they nerf Op chars. It does not make (moral) sense to get $50 from people and then the next day nerf the char that they bought. Would anyone buy junk chars for $50? Or buy good chars for $50 for a few days? Of course not.

Mind you that EA knows which chars are op when they create them.

But that would be acknowledging that people bought the named characters for their OPness, of which I've been assured by those who are mad about the change, was not the case.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Greetings Heroes,

Known topics

General

Characters
    • Talia AI healing issue
    Regarding 4L I'm not sure what f2p experience is like as I was able to clear it yesterday with a level 41 team. It is far and above the biggest leap in difficulty and doesn't flow very well with the game.

I would be more inclined to make the previous levels a bit harder closer to this stage rather than decrease 4L.

I noticed a fairly unimportant but easily fixed bug today too.

In the Arena ranking page under my team leader Barriss, it has the leader ability text, but it does not show the level 4 addition of turn healing. Not sure if this happens for other heroes.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Options
    If u nerf Barris.

Me too. I've payed for Barris like She is now.
    She is not op. With Count u can block her very well. The balancing is ok.
    U only have to test some taktiks.
  • Slushie
    425 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    If u nerf Barris.

Wait, I thought those that bought her only did so because they liked her as a character. Are you telling me you only liked her for her stats?

No, they bought her because they heard everyone claiming how OP she was and got so excited they jumped on the hype bandwagon. But in reality, they've been duped because they paid $50 for a character that's not OP at all and isn't worth that much.

Now they just have buyer's remorse :p
  • Options
    No, almost no one would purchase a favourite char if she s weak.

You might want to try Hearthstone, they rarely nerf chars. When they do, they offer full shards "refund" and you can use the shards to purchase any other op chars now or in the future. They introduce new chars every now and then (they need to make money and make the game interesting). But the new chars are no more op than the existing ones since launch. In fact most of the op ones are the old ones.

When they need a balance they introduce chars that counter op chars but op chars still op. It just that with RNG and good move you can win Op teams often enough. Or full refund (in shards if they really do need to nerf a char). F2p players can build strong teams to win. P2w players are not guaranteed to win even if they have the top chars. They just win more often, say 60 vs 40 or so.

So you dont need to *** spenders to get cash.

F2p and P2w players are not any enemies. Someone needs to pay or there would be no game for you to play. Simple as that. And F2p players are also needed. Heck, we need more people to play, have fun together and feel op. Lol.

• Options
    Keaven wrote: »
    Greetings Heroes,

Known topics

General

Characters
    • Talia AI healing issue
    Regarding 4L I'm not sure what f2p experience is like as I was able to clear it yesterday with a level 41 team. It is far and above the biggest leap in difficulty and doesn't flow very well with the game.

I would be more inclined to make the previous levels a bit harder closer to this stage rather than decrease 4L.

I noticed a fairly unimportant but easily fixed bug today too.

In the Arena ranking page under my team leader Barriss, it has the leader ability text, but it does not show the level 4 addition of turn healing. Not sure if this happens for other heroes.

Regarding 4L, I use a full team of 35's (default characters) and get wiped out by the AOE grenades in the very first enemy turn. I never bothered to write about it, I just accepted that I wouldn't progress for a long while, and went back to farming previous levels. It was actually nice not to have to worry about going forward.
  • Pokebreaker
    734 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    If u nerf Barris.
    Me too. I've payed for Barris like She is now.
    She is not op. With Count u can block her very well. The balancing is ok.
    U only have to test some taktiks.

Sorry bruh, that's not how this works. Microtransactions are non-refundable.

Refer to the Terms of Service, of which you agreed to when you made your account. See paragraphs 3 & 5 in particular: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/webterms/us/en/pc#section5