Heroic AAT Phase 3 - Chirpa EP and Triple Tank Strategy

Replies

• Options
    Bow down before Emperor Chirpatine
  • Options
    *snip*It would be cool if someone doing heroics could try out the Teebo-Palp team and see how well they can do.

I'm not sure you'll get a lot of volunteers in the short term given the Chirpatine can do over 1m in Heroics, and I doubt anyone wants to deliberately hinder their damage right now.

Ultimately, I'm not sure what your overall goal here is. There are lots of teams that can produce good or great damage, but the Chirpatine is capable of 2x this. Does Teebo represent a viable team in P3, sure, the same way Rebels or Jawas represent a viable team, but is it optimal? No.
  • Irwinthegreatt
    44 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    oofalong wrote: »
    *snip*It would be cool if someone doing heroics could try out the Teebo-Palp team and see how well they can do.

I'm not sure you'll get a lot of volunteers in the short term given the Chirpatine can do over 1m in Heroics, and I doubt anyone wants to deliberately hinder their damage right now.

Ultimately, I'm not sure what your overall goal here is. There are lots of teams that can produce good or great damage, but the Chirpatine is capable of 2x this. Does Teebo represent a viable team in P3, sure, the same way Rebels or Jawas represent a viable team, but is it optimal? No.

Hey oofalong, grats on the tourney, you were in my shard. My point was to see if Teebo would make a good substitute for those who don't have Chirpa ready yet. As for my "overall goal", I was just hoping there'd be some people who are doing heroic AAT raids that don't have Chirpa yet and are using Teebo as a substitute. Maybe get some feedback from them.
  • Options

Hey oofalong, grats on the tourney, you were in my shard.

Oh hi, I thought I recognized your name from somewhere. Thanks.
    My point was to see if Teebo would make a good substitute for those who don't have Chirpa ready yet. As for my "overall goal", I was just hoping there'd be some people who are doing heroic AAT raids that don't have Chirpa yet and are using Teebo as a substitute. Maybe get some feedback from them.

I'm sure there is someone in TI without Chirpa so I'll ask what their strat is. As for Teebo being a good substitute, it sounds like he may be the best alternative even if it is for half the damage. Still, if you guild has ~25 people with Chirpa I would imagine P3 would no longer be an issue with this strat. Also, for anyone looking to boost their damage Chirpa would be behind Rebels and Droids who shine in P2/4.
  • Options
    Josh_K wrote: »
    So I thought I'd share the details of this strategy to land some high damage numbers in arguably the most difficult phase of the AAT raid, p3. Credit to @Maraxus and Trillizo Y Uno for the initial brainstorm on this amazing strat.

The line up is Chirpa (L) EP and 3 tanks. I recommend ST Han, RG and SF. SF can easily be replaced by any other tank for those that don't have him.

Chirpa Lead allows EP 10% TM every time he uses his basic. EP also gains 15% TM per Shocked enemy each time he uses his basic. EP needs to shock all the adds to gain 100% TM per basic hit. At this point, no one else gains turn meter naturally. TM still can be generated by unique abilities:
    • The boss B2 will gain 5% TM per hit and has a 35% chance to counter, gaining 25% TM when he does so. This prevents truly unlimited turn meter, which will trivialize the phase.
    • RG will also gain TM when anyone in your team gets hit.
    • If ST Han is taunting and alive, he will also grant TM to your team.

Ideally, ST Han should have a lot of speed to move before the droids, who move at 232 speed. This gives you a big advantage as EP can shock 2 droids before the enemy even moves (Chirpa RNG is required to call EP on assist). If your ST Han cannot move that fast, this is not a deal breaker, but your ultimate damage will be slightly lower.

General Strategy
    1. At the start of the encounter St Han should taunt and ideally grant enough TM to EP and Chirpa.
    2. EP should start shocking the adds one by one.
    3. Use Chirpa's assist, best case it should call EP for a 2nd shock.
    4. Use RG to stun the adds, especially the one with the green triangle.
    5. Do not use Chirpa's retribution. This will cause unwanted hits on the boss raising his TM and can also grant Chirpa TM (this is undesired).
    6. While the adds still have hp left, unload the off-hits onto them to minimise the B2 counters. DO NOT KILL ANY OF THE ADDS.
    7. When ST Han's protection is depleted, get SF to taunt (he will still gain TM from ST Han getting hits). If you go too early, SF could potentially have his taunt fall off near the end of the encounter, since he also gains 10% TM from counters. If you go too late, SF will not get a chance to taunt once TM is frozen.
    8. Once all adds are shocked, spam EP's basic on the boss.
    9. Do not kill any adds.

Please see the below video for a sample run. Note the RNG wasn't the greatest here and I also apologize for the choppy animations. Had to run this on power save during a live zerg raid.

https://youtu.be/uNvRNj6LlEo

This is an indication of good rng potential with this team:

fQhvixz.jpg

@Josh_K Thank you got all of your great contributions to the community.

Let's be real though this strategy was first reported on this thread.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/741776

(Heavily edited and scrubbed by people for those that have lurked here for months--like me--you understand )

I have asked the guys over at mighty chlorians and the strategy was originally envisioned by @taramel

It's nice your guys also thought of it and shared it second. Once @Taramel and his crew had shared it.
  • Options
    My lightly modded Teebo-palp team did 666k damage in normal. The team consisted of Teebo, Palpatine, Poe , STH and RG. From what I've seen, Chirpa teams can do 800k+ In normal. I'm not sure how that'll play out in heroic as I haven't tried it. But Teebo-Palp teams are effective in Normal as well. Maybe less effective than Chirpa lead but it can still work. I'll try later on when my guild reaches P3 again so I can mod my taunters and Palpatine appropriately this time around. It would be cool if someone doing heroics could try out the Teebo-Palp team and see how well they can do.

I just tried Teebo (L), Elder, RG, STH, Palp in heroic p3. While nothing like the numbers for Chripatine, I managed close to 250k with nothing particularly special in mods aside from speed on the ewoks and STH (only because I have him modded for speed in arena) and potency on Palp. That is close to what my jawa/ugnaught team has been producing. So, while I agree with the earlier post that Chirpatine is superior, not many people in our guild have 7* Chirpa, so I recommend Teebo/Palp until your Chirpa is ready.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @ExpandPerfection haha thanks for the mention. This strat will be second rate as soon as Tie Fighter Pilot becomes farmable. EP (L) , TFP,SThan and any 2 tanks will blow this away. TFP can get set up with 90% TM per turn on the first turn and will be hitting way way harder than EP does. Even if the B2 counters TFP he will have evasion up so it wont matter. Ideally you get SThan to taunt before TFP goes than TFP will gain 100% tm every turn from hans TM gain when hit while taunting.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Taramel wrote: »
    @ExpandPerfection haha thanks for the mention. This strat will be second rate as soon as Tie Fighter Pilot becomes farmable. EP (L) , TFP,SThan and any 2 tanks will blow this away. TFP can get set up with 90% TM per turn on the first turn and will be hitting way way harder than EP does. Even if the B2 counters TFP he will have evasion up so it wont matter. Ideally you get SThan to taunt before TFP goes than TFP will gain 100% tm every turn from hans TM gain when hit while taunting.

Hopefully this strat is still viable in August when TFP becomes farmable :smile:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    So I thought I'd share the details of this strategy to land some high damage numbers in arguably the most difficult phase of the AAT raid, p3. Credit to @Maraxus and Trillizo Y Uno for the initial brainstorm on this amazing strat.

The line up is Chirpa (L) EP and 3 tanks. I recommend ST Han, RG and SF. SF can easily be replaced by any other tank for those that don't have him.

Chirpa Lead allows EP 10% TM every time he uses his basic. EP also gains 15% TM per Shocked enemy each time he uses his basic. EP needs to shock all the adds to gain 100% TM per basic hit. At this point, no one else gains turn meter naturally. TM still can be generated by unique abilities:
    • The boss B2 will gain 5% TM per hit and has a 35% chance to counter, gaining 25% TM when he does so. This prevents truly unlimited turn meter, which will trivialize the phase.

Ideally, ST Han should have a lot of speed to move before the droids, who move at 232 speed. This gives you a big advantage as EP can shock 2 droids before the enemy even moves (Chirpa RNG is required to call EP on assist). If your ST Han cannot move that fast, this is not a deal breaker, but your ultimate damage will be slightly lower.

General Strategy
    1. At the start of the encounter St Han should taunt and ideally grant enough TM to EP and Chirpa.
    5. Do not use Chirpa's retribution. This will cause unwanted hits on the boss raising his TM and can also grant Chirpa TM (this is undesired).
    6. While the adds still have hp left, unload the off-hits onto them to minimise the B2 counters. DO NOT KILL ANY OF THE ADDS.
    7. When ST Han's protection is depleted, get SF to taunt (he will still gain TM from ST Han getting hits). If you go too early, SF could potentially have his taunt fall off near the end of the encounter, since he also gains 10% TM from counters. If you go too late, SF will not get a chance to taunt once TM is frozen.
    9. Do not kill any adds.

Please see the below video for a sample run. Note the RNG wasn't the greatest here and I also apologize for the choppy animations. Had to run this on power save during a live zerg raid.

fQhvixz.jpg

(Heavily edited and scrubbed by people for those that have lurked here for months--like me--you understand )

I have asked the guys over at mighty chlorians and the strategy was originally envisioned by @taramel

It's nice your guys also thought of it and shared it second. Once @Taramel and his crew had shared it.

General Strategy
    9. Do not kill any adds.

fQhvixz.jpg

Yeah right... We were talking about it mid October... When raid specs became available... But who cares... Anyway what matters is that it works and everyone can use it now to help finish the raid...
  • Options

This can not outperform a team where ep goes non stop...

If you want tfp in your team, it's not ep lead you want... It's OB...
    So better use 2 teams to maximize the damage
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Maraxus wrote: »

So OB lead, TFP, and 3 tanks? Or maybe use Jawas and Ugnaught with this squad
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Maraxus
    821 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

So OB lead, TFP, and 3 tanks? Or maybe use Jawas and Ugnaught with this squad

No tank at all!! U want b2 to counter tfp... He will have foresight after each hit + 70% tm... So b2 countering him will give him 100% tm (thanks to OB lead)

So no the tanks go with chirpa + ep

For tfp, just use OB lead + 3 non taunt toons (like Ug or Rey)
  • Options
    @Maraxus with old ben lead you would only gain 70% when B2 does not counter allowing the adds and back turret the chance to gain 30% tm thats way to much. With EP lead and sthan taunting you would still gain 90% TM even when he does not counter. seeing as B2 will have tenacity down applied everytime TFP crits... all you need is TFP to get high crit chance.

And as to Chirpatine doing better.... I doubt that very much, palp hits for what 10K on a crit? I'm betting that TFP hits for 30K plus with all the debuffs active in that phase. also add in the fact that B2 will have buff immunity on him which prevents him from gaining O up on his counters.
  • Options
    @Maraxus with old ben lead you would only gain 70% when B2 does not counter allowing the adds and back turret the chance to gain 30% tm thats way to much. With EP lead and sthan taunting you would still gain 90% TM even when he does not counter. seeing as B2 will have tenacity down applied everytime TFP crits... all you need is TFP to get high crit chance.

And as to Chirpatine doing better.... I doubt that very much, palp hits for what 10K on a crit? I'm betting that TFP hits for 30K plus with all the debuffs active in that phase. also add in the fact that B2 will have buff immunity on him which prevents him from gaining O up on his counters.

Ok let's break it down

Your solution
    In an ideal world u are in a situation where ep has all enemies shocked and tfp applied tenacity down on boss...

So both would get 100% tm as long as sthan survived (3/4 b2 hits since he already got hits from the adds) and then only 90 % which means that approx every 10/11 hits main tank goes dealing big damage to your taunts..,

Assume u do 30k damage FTP and 10k ep, I don't see your team being able to do that more than 20 rounds, meaning you would have dealt 800k damage approx...

Not bad

However my solution

Ep chirpa team already does 1.2m+ damage cause he is able to hit b2 around 100 times ...

Then OB tfp ugnaught can easily do 600/700k more thanks to (like u said) huge damage being dealt by ftp and ugnaught...
    I agree if b2 doesn't counter u only get 70% tm but b2 does counter quite often, so in average the tm gain would rather be around 80/85%, plus u actually are ok if adds take turns, they will try to hit OB/FTP/ugnaught giving them tm... So even if you don't freeze the tm, they will still get ton of turns before main tank goes... (Maybe even more than in your preferred team)

So tldr...
    Your team isn't bad but I think it's a waste of ep potential and of the potential tfp can have behind ob lead...

I guess we will see when the time comes...

• Options
    @Maraxus I agree with all that you said other than han being hit by the adds? if you mod han to be fast and go first so he gets his taunt up and gives TM then TFP will go second and the adds wont have a chance to even move.... also in my ideal world I would use Barris so that after han takes 10 hits he gets a full heal. So I would say that would get more like double the rounds, so in the 40 ish range... which would put you in the 1.6mill dmg range according to your numbers.....
  • Options
    @Maraxus I agree with all that you said other than han being hit by the adds? if you mod han to be fast and go first so he gets his taunt up and gives TM then TFP will go second and the adds wont have a chance to even move.... also in my ideal world I would use Barris so that after han takes 10 hits he gets a full heal. So I would say that would get more like double the rounds, so in the 40 ish range... which would put you in the 1.6mill dmg range according to your numbers.....

for this to work u need to restart until u get a perfect run where the first tfp aoe debuffs ALL adds and b2... He has 80% chance so 0.8^7 = 20%... So u need to restart at least 5 times in average to get the perfect setup.

Then assuming that, I agree at the beginning that tfp will have 100% tm (when b2 counters) and 90% otherwise, but meanwhile, ep will be stuck with rather low tm so won't get infinite turns...

So u will give b2 chances to counter (and gain tm) while only tfp will be hitting and ep will still be trying to shock adds to get setup...

So maybe u could get to 40 round (not even sure cause fast sthan will probably be squishy and hp side..) but many runs won't be optimal tfp + ep... So I really think it's a waste of the characters that both can get by themselves crazy numbers (the 600/700k is probably an understatement for OB tfp team)

Given that I would still prefer the 2 teams... But for now we are only theocrafting without even knowing tfp real damages...

We will see when time comes.

But thanks for your replies... It's good to have other theocrafter point of view... It's much refreshing from the usual trashing we read on this forum :)

• Options
    tank raid is boring, they need to nerf it down so a normal guild can defeat it.. From the day it started until now are we not even past P3 yet on NORMAL tank raid
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    Options
    TFP with 7 debuffed enemies will be doing around 33.5k damage unmitigated maxed at level 85. This is assuming a crit and 216% critical damage. He also has a base crit chance of 35%. You will need insanely good mods (9% cc secondaries) to get near max crit chance to consistently land tenacity down.

A maxed 85 EP with good cc/cd mods will be critting for around 15-16k @60% crit rate. The TFP set up may have TFP attacking earlier but Chirpatine should have the better overall stamina-damage combination by a fair margin.

Plus, there is no toon overlap if you run the two teams @maraxus suggested. Meaning higher overall damage.
  • Options
    I really hope this strategy doesn't delay the next palpatine event... but pretty sure that it will.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

for this to work u need to restart until u get a perfect run where the first tfp aoe debuffs ALL adds and b2... He has 80% chance so 0.8^7 = 20%... So u need to restart at least 5 times in average to get the perfect setup.

Then assuming that, I agree at the beginning that tfp will have 100% tm (when b2 counters) and 90% otherwise, but meanwhile, ep will be stuck with rather low tm so won't get infinite turns...

So u will give b2 chances to counter (and gain tm) while only tfp will be hitting and ep will still be trying to shock adds to get setup...

So maybe u could get to 40 round (not even sure cause fast sthan will probably be squishy and hp side..) but many runs won't be optimal tfp + ep... So I really think it's a waste of the characters that both can get by themselves crazy numbers (the 600/700k is probably an understatement for OB tfp team)

Given that I would still prefer the 2 teams... But for now we are only theocrafting without even knowing tfp real damages...

But thanks for your replies... It's good to have other theocrafter point of view... It's much refreshing from the usual trashing we read on this forum :)

The good thing about getting the perfect RNG is it will be on turn one :) so it will be very easy to get the 7/7 debuff as its your first move. I see now that you are saying you are wasting EP as yes he wont move, My thoughts are he isn't there to shock he is there for his leader ability to get TFP rolling turn one. But you are talking running 2 seperate teams... a chirpatine and a TFP with OB lead... I can't disagree with them doing more dmg seperate than combined since we cant test TFP, and have no idea when/where TFP will be farmable.

I don't think fast SThan would be squishy at all as lets be honest the only stat anyone wants on a secondary is speed so for mains you just go protection and crit avoidance and he should live just as long as any other SThan.... on health mods of course.

@Josh_K I honestly think he will do even more than that.... I have had my IG-88 do hi 20k crits with 5 debuffed enemies... TFP should get more of a buff than 88 does IG-88 gains 20% dmg per debuffed enemy so in P3 thats 140% increased dmg. TFP gets 35% so thats 245% increase dmg thats 95% more dmg so I think 33.5k crit is actually on the low side. Even if you factor in IG-88's 45% increased crit dmg thats still 50% more dmg coming from TFP than IG-88 who we all know hits hard. I honestly would not be surprised to see TFP critting north of 40K
  • Options
    P.S I also agree it's nice to actually have a discussion and theorycraft. compared to what normally goes on in the forums...... @Maraxus
  • Options
    Offense mods for palp? Or crit?

CC & CD worked better for me. I had 57% CC and 216% CD in this video. If you can't hit ~40% crit at 216 CD, those numbers, offense is a decent 2nd place option.

1) Great thinking sir.

2). Guesstimate on potency need? I'm thinking 45% with RNG restarts.
  • oofalong
    171 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

@Josh_K I honestly think he will do even more than that.... I have had my IG-88 do hi 20k crits with 5 debuffed enemies... TFP should get more of a buff than 88 does IG-88 gains 20% dmg per debuffed enemy so in P3 thats 140% increased dmg. TFP gets 35% so thats 245% increase dmg thats 95% more dmg so I think 33.5k crit is actually on the low side. Even if you factor in IG-88's 45% increased crit dmg thats still 50% more dmg coming from TFP than IG-88 who we all know hits hard. I honestly would not be surprised to see TFP critting north of 40K

Based on the stats on SWGOH.GG, the 33k sounds about right at max stats ignoring mods.
    • His base Physical Damage is 2,691
    • The Targeting Multiplier is 1.687
    • 7 Debuffed enemies adds 245% more damage or another multiplier of 3.45
    • Crit Damage of 216% is another multiplier of 2.16

Altogether this gives us:

2,691 * 1.687 * 3.45 * 2.16 = 33,830

You'll get more damage out of your mods but no set bonuses (and you'll probably stack crit% over offense). Still, I don't think we'll be seeing 40k hits. And as a point of reference both IG88s base Physical Damage and ability multiplier are higher.
  • Options

The good thing about getting the perfect RNG is it will be on turn one :) so it will be very easy to get the 7/7 debuff as its your first move. I see now that you are saying you are wasting EP as yes he wont move, My thoughts are he isn't there to shock he is there for his leader ability to get TFP rolling turn one. But you are talking running 2 seperate teams... a chirpatine and a TFP with OB lead... I can't disagree with them doing more dmg seperate than combined since we cant test TFP, and have no idea when/where TFP will be farmable.

I don't think fast SThan would be squishy at all as lets be honest the only stat anyone wants on a secondary is speed so for mains you just go protection and crit avoidance and he should live just as long as any other SThan.... on health mods of course.

I do agree with the 30/35kish damage on basic
  • Options
    oofalong wrote: »

Based on the stats on SWGOH.GG, the 33k sounds about right at max stats ignoring mods.
    • His base Physical Damage is 2,691
    • The Targeting Multiplier is 1.687
    • 7 Debuffed enemies adds 245% more damage or another multiplier of 3.45
    • Crit Damage of 216% is another multiplier of 2.16

Altogether this gives us:

2,691 * 1.687 * 3.45 * 2.16 = 33,830

You'll get more damage out of your mods but no set bonuses (and you'll probably stack crit% over offense). Still, I don't think we'll be seeing 40k hits. And as a point of reference both IG88s base Physical Damage and ability multiplier are higher.

Exactly my calculations, hence the 30kish...

Ig88 has better multiplier and offense (10%m'ore on basic), but has 100 less armor penetration so wouldn't deal that much more damage, all otherthings being equal
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @Maraxus on a side note is there a reason no one doing Chirpatine is running echo? seems like he would be a nice dmg boost seeing as he has a 30% chance to assist on palps basic.... and it wont cause any extra tm gain or counters.....
  • Options
    @Josh_K @Maraxus @oofalong None of you think you will be able to push it into the 40K range with mods?
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    Options
    @Maraxus on a side note is there a reason no one doing Chirpatine is running echo? seems like he would be a nice dmg boost seeing as he has a 30% chance to assist on palps basic.... and it wont cause any extra tm gain or counters.....

Echos assist still causes 5% tm gain on a low damage ability. You are better off stacking an extra tank here I believe.
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @Josh_K @Maraxus @oofalong None of you think you will be able to push it into the 40K range with mods?

You will need to stack flat offense for this to work but possible. Obviously the more flat offense you have the less cc you will have too. It's a trade off. An offense up buff from Palpatine will also work but this is obviously not sustainable.
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Funniest post I've ever read on any forum ever. This was mid October information in ti. Everyone stepping up to claim it is hilarious.