Heroic AAT Phase 3 - Chirpa EP and Triple Tank Strategy

Replies

• Options
    Maraxus wrote: »
    benacrow wrote: »
    Ok should we go back to the theocraft? Or we prefer going back to what 99.9% of the post in this forum are which is finger pointing or bad mouthing others?

Indeed. On that note, we've had some discussions about leaving STH out of P3 teams (and including SRP or HRS instead) because when sth is hit, he gives everyone else TM, sometimes causing the other taunts to expire before they're dead. Not sure which is more beneficial, but I'd think a fast EP would make up for a fast STH in the long run.

I've never lost a taunt due to sthan... U just need to taunt right before ep is almost done, sf will have 2 turn taunt, so should be more than enough, RG taunts automatically and sthan is dead before loosing taunt

Sun Fac is not an option for quite a few though. Who would be the most viable alternative?

A two turn taunt such as hrs, chewie omegaed, Poe ... One turn taunt would be not enough
  • Options
    Josh_K wrote: »
    Willis wrote: »
    Oh I read that wrong thought it said 80% chance to remove 25%.

I guess I'll try that next raid because I don't have chirpa to seven stars yet. I've been using teebo for a couple weeks with moderate success but I think my biggest problem is my tanks. I only have two tanks viable, need sun fac but can't squeeze that one out of my FTP roster.

Thanks for the reply

I tried Datcha as leader since I don't have chirpa. I found with the rocket droids counter, reducing turn meter added nothing to the EP infinite turn strategy. Without chirpa it's best to go with an EP lead. With EP lead, use AOE stun first as opposed to the chirpa lead where it has been said to never use AOE stun.

@Insufferable_camper Did you notice whether the adds tm were also reduced by dathcha's leader when they took passive damage from EP?

I did not notice a reduction in their turn meter. It could have been so negligible that I never saw it. Without chirpa, I have been trying to find a way around the small gap created by the lack of the 10% turn meter gain. I will try Datcha again tomorrow to see if I can notice a difference.
    Empire Relic
  • Options
    Ok should we go back to the theocraft? Or we prefer going back to what 99.9% of the post in this forum are which is finger pointing or bad mouthing others?

Indeed. On that note, we've had some discussions about leaving STH out of P3 teams (and including SRP or HRS instead) because when sth is hit, he gives everyone else TM, sometimes causing the other taunts to expire before they're dead. Not sure which is more beneficial, but I'd think a fast EP would make up for a fast STH in the long run.

I've never lost a taunt due to sthan... U just need to taunt right before ep is almost done, sf will have 2 turn taunt, so should be more than enough, RG taunts automatically and sthan is dead before loosing taunt

I mean that when the B2 counters and hits sth giving your team TM, that what if, let's say, SF is given 2 turns that way and his taunt goes away before he's dead because sth was giving him inadvertent TM from getting hit.

This is all during EP's onslaught too (after he gets going).
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options

Sun Fac is not an option for quite a few though. Who would be the most viable alternative?

Really ANY taunt is viable. You won't lose any of them to anything but death because no one actually goes outside of EP, B-2 from the 5% gain and RG from his passive ( unavoidable).

SF is just nice because he can clear the Offense up buff with his counter.

I'd think Stormtrooper is probably solid as hell for this one with his 50% chance for TM reduction and his defense up for RG.

• sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Willis wrote: »
    Oh I read that wrong thought it said 80% chance to remove 25%.

I guess I'll try that next raid because I don't have chirpa to seven stars yet. I've been using teebo for a couple weeks with moderate success but I think my biggest problem is my tanks. I only have two tanks viable, need sun fac but can't squeeze that one out of my FTP roster.

Thanks for the reply

I tried Datcha as leader since I don't have chirpa. I found with the rocket droids counter, reducing turn meter added nothing to the EP infinite turn strategy. Without chirpa it's best to go with an EP lead. With EP lead, use AOE stun first as opposed to the chirpa lead where it has been said to never use AOE stun.

I've only tried it once with Datcha lead. I had to retreat twice before I had that "perfect" run which was not even half of what the others were getting with Chirpa lead. Datcha is a good substitute while anyone works on Chirpa. As you pointed out, the TM reduction does not work as well.

Still, I was pleasantly surprised how well it did. I'll probably keep working on it until Chirpa is finished or until I can figure out another alternative. I would definitely suggest Datcha over Teebo in p3.
  • Options

I mean that when the B2 counters and hits sth giving your team TM, that what if, let's say, SF is given 2 turns that way and his taunt goes away before he's dead because sth was giving him inadvertent TM from getting hit.

I understood what u meant and I has never happened to me cause sthan dies before giving too much tm to sf
  • Options

I understood what u meant and I has never happened to me cause sthan dies before giving too much tm to sf

Oh ok gotcha. It happened to one of my guildies the other day so that's why I brought it up.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options

Oh ok gotcha. It happened to one of my guildies the other day so that's why I brought it up.

Probably cause he didn't wait to taunt with SF
  • Options
    So is it better to mod ST han for speed or health and protection in this scenario.
    Empire Relic
  • Options

Probably cause he didn't wait to taunt with SF

Not sure as to the exact cause of it. Most likely it was poor rng, but still it is possible.
  • Options
    @benacrow I have a p2 strategy that will allow roughly 5 million damage in p2 if RNG is good to you on setup. I would like to share it with you, but the copyright laws are sort of sticky in my part of the U.S. I'll PM you when I get the paperwork complete.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Options
    @benacrow I have a p2 strategy that will allow roughly 5 million damage in p2 if RNG is good to you on setup. I would like to share it with you, but the copyright laws are sort of sticky in my part of the U.S. I'll PM you when I get the paperwork complete.

Lol sounds good. You can also post it on this thread since it's a good guide for all phases if you're serious.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/74963/how-to-take-down-the-heroic-aat-intended-for-mix-and-ftp-guilds#latest
  • Options
    It was mentioned once before, but has anyone tried Barriss? she gains TM on ally getting crit and can potentially heal the other tanks and EP up. It seams a bit of luck when she would get that turn and may not be able to heal at the right time. Also Stormtrooper seems like a good pairing with RG. Def up for empire, TM removal and a 3 turn taunt. Drawback is low health/ protection.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Don't have chirpa yet but almost did 400k with datcha lead not bad since all my toons not maxed. Datcha lead stormtrooper rg sth EP . By the way Mighty Chlorians have it on farm mode as well . Chirpa close to ready though can't wait to try.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Chirpa EP tfp sunfac sth looks like will be the op set up phase 3 when tfp available Tfp will go at times in Between EP shocks . When he's available that's when the huge scores start popping
  • Options
    Jabba wrote: »
    Chirpa EP tfp sunfac sth looks like will be the op set up phase 3 when tfp available Tfp will go at times in Between EP shocks . When he's available that's when the huge scores start popping

Read previous post...
    Using ep and tfp in same team will underperform using them in 1 diff team by far
  • Options
    All in all, they need to bring the EP event back soon. Not having viable rebels continues to haunt me, lol.
  • Options
    I have tried the Daka lead with EP and I have not been replicate the success @Jabba has had. I will try to go with the chirpa/EP triple tank strategy. RG, St Han, and Poe.

I think ultimately ST han would be best replaced by someone else though. I can't get around that turn meter gain he supplies to the others.
    Empire Relic
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options

Read previous post...
    Using ep and tfp in same team will underperform using them in 1 diff team by far

I trust your opinion I know you break everything down very well but when if ever I get tfp I'm still going test it . This is a great discussion we should create a theorycraft thread and have these kind of discussions on more than just phase 3 it would be great for the game .
  • Options

Lol sounds good. You can also post it on this thread since it's a good guide for all phases if you're serious.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/74963/how-to-take-down-the-heroic-aat-intended-for-mix-and-ftp-guilds#latest

Now why would I post it here? Doesn't make sense for the whole community to prosper from my hard work. I'll share it with a few guilds the we are tight with and that's it for now. I don't want it to get out and lose credit for it.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Who cares about credit sharing is caring man. There's a lot of people struggling in Normal raid if you share a little information how's that hurt you . Hard work in a game don't make sense illogical.
  • Options
    Who cares about credit sharing is caring man. There's a lot of people struggling in Normal raid if you share a little information how's that hurt you . Hard work in a game don't make sense illogical.

That was the point I guess. Just sassing the big boys for making a big deal about who owns a strategy.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

That was the point I guess. Just sassing the big boys for making a big deal about who owns a strategy.

Lol. I don't know why it matters. To think "you" are the first and only one to come up with any "strategy" in a game with millions of players is a little out there.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

Lol. I don't know why it matters. To think "you" are the first and only one to come up with any "strategy" in a game with millions of players is a little out there.

Ironic cause you @RJ__Brando and @Mol_Sign were the first to believe in the furry creatures. But yeah I get what you are saying.

I invented the Jan 2016 Poe goes first strategy. And Barriss before that.
  • Options
    For those who don't have Sun Fac. Chewy is your friend, his taunt comes up with a nice 30% extra health and if you time your RG buff properly, it will last on your slow Chewy until death. Chewy can also help with removing TM from adds that RG fails to stun. Don't hesitate to use RG's buff early if you have that special skill on a 3 turn CD with omega. It can seriously help your STHan last while adds shoot him and timing it right for RG to benefit from it will increase his health pool at the right time and provide you extra EP strikes.
    Chirpa, EP, Chewy, STHan, RG squad might not be as good as squads with Sun Fac due to the lack of dispel on the offence up buff / heal and counter damage. But it does stand the ground and delivers 5-6% of P3 reliably, more if you take the time to work out the best score RnG can let you achieve. And it is a F2P support crew to EP.
  • Options
    still think this is Stormtrooper's chance to shine..

.. Except no one would admit to levelling him...
  • Options
    DarthGozu wrote: »
    For those who don't have Sun Fac. Chewy is your friend, his taunt comes up with a nice 30% extra health and if you time your RG buff properly, it will last on your slow Chewy until death. Chewy can also help with removing TM from adds that RG fails to stun. Don't hesitate to use RG's buff early if you have that special skill on a 3 turn CD with omega. It can seriously help your STHan last while adds shoot him and timing it right for RG to benefit from it will increase his health pool at the right time and provide you extra EP strikes.
    Chirpa, EP, Chewy, STHan, RG squad might not be as good as squads with Sun Fac due to the lack of dispel on the offence up buff / heal and counter damage. But it does stand the ground and delivers 5-6% of P3 reliably, more if you take the time to work out the best score RnG can let you achieve. And it is a F2P support crew to EP.

You may be the first person I have ever seen to recommend using omegas on RG's special. I am going to give the chewie thing a try once I get him to seven stars though.he seems like a better option than Poe.
    Empire Relic
  • Options

You may be the first person I have ever seen to recommend using omegas on RG's special. I am going to give the chewie thing a try once I get him to seven stars though.he seems like a better option than Poe.

I omegaed RG special 2 months ago ;)
  • Options

I omegaed RG special 2 months ago ;)

I can vouch for that. He did :smile:
  • Options
    Stormy wrote: »
    Also, shout out to our boy @benacrow for the hook ups we give him out of TI chat ;)

Aww you guys are thinking of me :blush:

lol I almost wish I was in your guys chat but can't say I've had the privilege.

You ripped it. You posted it as if it was your strategy. We all got a good laugh out of it.

How was it ripped? It wasn't posted anywhere.

It's was posted in a Team Instinct chat. The 'Cantina'. This is the closest chat we have to being a public chat. It's private, but all 250 members have access to it. Ten miutes later, Benacrow came out with his 'guide'. Most members laughed it off. Then wild grunt (who I absolutely love and watch all his videos) came out with a video. Some wanted to speak up about the leak and that credit should be given to Maraxus in these threads. Ultimately, it was decided to just blow it off and let the community benefit from it. The only reason I even brought it up in this thread is because, well... scroll up. We were called out.

I know it's late @V1p3rdyn4sty , but thanks for the kind words :)