Stun cuffs need your support this post with a +1

Replies

• Options
    This is like McDonalds Monoploly game. Something's are fairly easy to get but always missing a few key parts which are "mysteriously" impossible. Their way of severely limiting rewards with the illusion of fairness.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • Options
    And another plus one
  • Options

And yes I have had to farm lots of cuffs, purely F2P

There are always going to be roadblocks. Instead of constant whining, figure out how to navigate it. For example, instead of constantly unlocking characters and getting them to gear level 7 and 8, focus those resources on gearing the ones you have. Use arena tokens for gold to buy mods, gw tokens for ally tokens (in a week I have pulled four full pieces of purple gear that I needed, no they weren't cuffs, but that equals more energy to use on cuffs).

I feel like all these +1's are just children used to receiving participation trophies when they lose. If there was nothing hard to accomplish no one would play the game longer than a month.

Congratulations devs for creating a long term appealing game for both F2P and paying players.
  • Options
    DarthCPA wrote: »
    +1. I don't think stun cuffs should be harder to get than raid gear...

This. +1. Especially now that we need to focus on all the new gear that was recently added.

Also, never understood why these are 1400 crystals in Shipments. A fully crafted furnace, which includes 50 furnace salvage, 50 hairdryer salvage, and 20 Holoprojector salvage is about 1400.

Also, holoprojectors (20 salvage) are 300 crystals, so an item that is 50 salvage should be 300 * 2.5, or 750 crystals, or so us accountant types think.

I think you missed some on your math. 20 holoprojector salvage at 300 crystals, so 750 crystals for the 50.
    Then you need to pay for 50 hairdryer salvage, another 750.
    And 50 furnace salvage...750. That's 2250. You are getting a discount at 1400.

But on point, yes I would LOVE to see stun cuffs added somewhere. Anywhere really. Hell, make them available in the shard shop! I'm not picky. I just need about 3 billion stun cuffs for my various toons...
  • Options
    Kanludar wrote: »

There are always going to be roadblocks. Instead of constant whining, figure out how to navigate it. For example, instead of constantly unlocking characters and getting them to gear level 7 and 8, focus those resources on gearing the ones you have. Use arena tokens for gold to buy mods, gw tokens for ally tokens (in a week I have pulled four full pieces of purple gear that I needed, no they weren't cuffs, but that equals more energy to use on cuffs).

I feel like all these +1's are just children used to receiving participation trophies when they lose. If there was nothing hard to accomplish no one would play the game longer than a month.

Congratulations devs for creating a long term appealing game for both F2P and paying players.

EXACTLY this

• Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options

We are not asking for a freebie, we are asking to get them a little easier, and I have farmed them like you wouldn't believe, but they have put StunCuffs on every toon in the game even on those that have no benefits from them at all, people are getting tired of farming the same node for months, and with the new AAT raid people need toons they didn't before, so they need to unlock toons and gear them up
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    i disagree. everything in the game is WAI and i'm fine with the way it is. what is your hurry? take the time to get them like everyone else has and quit crying for it to be made easier. clearly the bulk of the players have no patience.
  • Options
    +1

It doesn't make sense that I have more raid gear salvage than non-raid stun cuffs.
  • Options
    +1 million
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    He's not asking for stun cuffs for free, he's asking for them to become slightly easier to farm. You can buy them for $10 a pop, or farm them over approx a week if you do nothing else. The game is now all geared for a heroic raid that 99% can't play till they have gear in the rank above cuffs and guns.
    Bit ridiculous to suggest they are fine as they are, they are the worst part about the game. Take hairdryers for example, you need thousands of them but you at least get a chance to farm them in challenges here and there. When the game began, guns and cuffs were what you needed to get to max toons out, not anymore, it's obvious it needs addressing.
  • Options
    +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1
  • Options
    +1

And MK3 holo projectors too. I'm greedy.
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    +1 Billion
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    +1 to infinity and beyond. If nothing else, add them to guild store, or somewhere
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Options
    Actually, either give us more stun cuffs... or at least tell us why we need handcuffs to make our characters stronger.
  • Options

I'm f2p and I don't understand your mindset. Gearing a toon to g7/8 is easy, saving gear from not doing that won't change anything. I prioritise my toons, arena and raid squads but it shouldn't take 6 months to max so few toons. It's a mobile game, longevity should be provided in part by bottlenecks yes but mostly by new content, not 12 months or whatever silly length of time of tedious luck to just to build a single decent squad. We can use crystals but unless we spend several hundred of pounds/dollars etc, it's still going to take a while.

We already have mods that are an RNG nightmare and now new gear requirements that are larger, more demanding and still require the gear we still struggle to get in the first place. We have raid gear in the guild and shard shop, why not the other purples? Rancor raid gear should have been the gear bottleneck but it's not. People are tripping over furnace salvage and can buy as much as they want but struggle to get the mk3 holos and hairdryers. The hairdryer situation has been alleviated by the more generous drops of the new challenge, so why can't just a small change be made for stun guns, cuffs etc? The new gear will still provide plenty of opportunity to achieve something as will defeating the tank raid to get it, albeit quite slowly going by my few drops.

We've already lost some good guildmates, some who did spend a fair amount, simply because they're bored of grinding even with crystals and ultimately achieving little progress. This game has enough bottlenecks as it is, adding another one on top of another one isn't helping morale. It takes out the fun of the game.

I don't want to max gear my important toons up in a month, but I also don't want to max gear them up in a year. I and I'm sure many others don't feel like we accomplish anything waiting for yet another roll of favourable RNG. This will ultimately kill the longevity and more importantly the appeal of the game imo.

Sorry I turned it into a ramble/rant. :D
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Lolexplosm wrote: »

I'm f2p and I don't understand your mindset. Gearing a toon to g7/8 is easy, saving gear from not doing that won't change anything. I prioritise my toons, arena and raid squads but it shouldn't take 6 months to max so few toons. It's a mobile game, longevity should be provided in part by bottlenecks yes but mostly by new content, not 12 months or whatever silly length of time of tedious luck to just to build a single decent squad. We can use crystals but unless we spend several hundred of pounds/dollars etc, it's still going to take a while.

We already have mods that are an RNG nightmare and now new gear requirements that are larger, more demanding and still require the gear we still struggle to get in the first place. We have raid gear in the guild and shard shop, why not the other purples? Rancor raid gear should have been the gear bottleneck but it's not. People are tripping over furnace salvage and can buy as much as they want but struggle to get the mk3 holos and hairdryers. The hairdryer situation has been alleviated by the more generous drops of the new challenge, so why can't just a small change be made for stun guns, cuffs etc? The new gear will still provide plenty of opportunity to achieve something as will defeating the tank raid to get it, albeit quite slowly going by my few drops.

We've already lost some good guildmates, some who did spend a fair amount, simply because they're bored of grinding even with crystals and ultimately achieving little progress. This game has enough bottlenecks as it is, adding another one on top of another one isn't helping morale. It takes out the fun of the game.

I don't want to max gear my important toons up in a month, but I also don't want to max gear them up in a year. I and I'm sure many others don't feel like we accomplish anything waiting for yet another roll of favourable RNG. This will ultimately kill the longevity and more importantly the appeal of the game imo.

Sorry I turned it into a ramble/rant. :D

Well said mate! Thanks for the support.
  • Options
    What I don't understand is why the drop rate on these is so terrible... that does the opposite of making me want to spend money, as it seems like it would be a waste when my droprate is still 5%
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Please make it harder to get stun cuffs.
  • Options
    Please pledge your support guys. Just +1 if you agree
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    +1

But I would accept this compromise:
    -Increase purple salvage drop rate in Bronziums 25x, and full purples 2x.
    -Lower cost of Mk3 cuffs (and Mk5 guns, Mk4 Chedak, Mk3 Carbanti, Mk6 Chiewab, etc.) to 700 crystals in shipments. They should not cost as much as raid gear and more than 50 piece yellows.