Stun cuffs need your support this post with a +1

1234568Next

Replies

• Options
    I feel really left behind, I've been trying to farm toons that are Meta since I started- I have a great rosta of toons now, with only JKA and B2 to go, once I have these two I can finally start on MODS, I havent even touched those yet!

I'm not even F2P anymore due to the amount of crystals required for the energy refreshes,

+1 for stun cuffs,

• Options
    Massive +1 for cuffs. While we're at it, how about stun guns and detonators too?
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    holyjoe wrote: »
    i guess it's just because i'm unusually easy going in life in general. i just take what's given to me and move on. and i'm not saying that to toot my own horn or down grade those who aren't that way. just using that as my reason for why i don't plus 1 this discussion.

i'm fine with everything in this game. i never found a loss of credits a complaint. is that the event that uses scoundrels? i'm asking because i don't do the credit heist. as for the tank raid i think it's too hard but my guild has decided to just auto it and get through it however long it takes.

stun cuffs? yes we need a whole lot of them and they are hard to get but for me the grind is the fun part of the game. i spend most of my time grinding and it's not because i have to it's because i want to. i'm not one of those competitive people so i get what i need for my toons when i get it whether it's 2 days or 2 months.

Fair enough. But for most I would guess that the grind is what we suffer through to get toons to a useful level, so we can enjoy playing with them. I don't find any joy in grinding. That's what work is. The game is supposed to be fun. We all understand that grind is supposed to limit our progress to a steady rate, and cause us to chose our farming path wisely. But if it's too slow people get bored, and quit.

I'm fine with the grind for most of the other purples, but the requirements for stun cuffs are 2-4 times higher than other types of purples. Stun guns are close. They are pretty bad, but not as bad as stun cuffs. And the 20 piece holo projectors are pretty bad too. I have about 15 toons that need those, and I've already farmed dozens. But if there was only one item of which I could wish to have a slightly faster farming rate it would be cuffs.

But if you aren't even doing the credit heist then it sounds like we aren't playing the same game. If your best argument as to why cuff farming rates are fine is that we have the option of giving up hope of getting them to a useful level then in my mind you are validating the OP's point.

• Options
    +1
  • Options
    TattyWi wrote: »
    I feel really left behind, I've been trying to farm toons that are Meta since I started- I have a great rosta of toons now, with only JKA and B2 to go, once I have these two I can finally start on MODS, I havent even touched those yet!

I'm not even F2P anymore due to the amount of crystals required for the energy refreshes,

+1 for stun cuffs,

just my opinion but forget the meta. it always changes and makes the game boring. we get tired of seeing the arena full of the same team.

secondly you can actually get somewhere without paying or doing energy refreshes.

i've paid here and there but i'm primarily f2p. i never go with the meta and i never do energy refreshes. but i'm exactly where i want to be in the game and i'm not that far off from the whales.

sure they have more toons than i'm sure and are a higher rank in arena but i've got access to everything they have.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    i guess it's just because i'm unusually easy going in life in general. i just take what's given to me and move on. and i'm not saying that to toot my own horn or down grade those who aren't that way. just using that as my reason for why i don't plus 1 this discussion.

i'm fine with everything in this game. i never found a loss of credits a complaint. is that the event that uses scoundrels? i'm asking because i don't do the credit heist. as for the tank raid i think it's too hard but my guild has decided to just auto it and get through it however long it takes.

stun cuffs? yes we need a whole lot of them and they are hard to get but for me the grind is the fun part of the game. i spend most of my time grinding and it's not because i have to it's because i want to. i'm not one of those competitive people so i get what i need for my toons when i get it whether it's 2 days or 2 months.

Fair enough. But for most I would guess that the grind is what we suffer through to get toons to a useful level, so we can enjoy playing with them. I don't find any joy in grinding. That's what work is. The game is supposed to be fun. We all understand that grind is supposed to limit our progress to a steady rate, and cause us to chose our farming path wisely. But if it's too slow people get bored, and quit.

I'm fine with the grind for most of the other purples, but the requirements for stun cuffs are 2-4 times higher than other types of purples. Stun guns are close. They are pretty bad, but not as bad as stun cuffs. And the 20 piece holo projectors are pretty bad too. I have about 15 toons that need those, and I've already farmed dozens. But if there was only one item of which I could wish to have a slightly faster farming rate it would be cuffs.

But if you aren't even doing the credit heist then it sounds like we aren't playing the same game. If your best argument as to why cuff farming rates are fine is that we have the option of giving up hope of getting them to a useful level then in my mind you are validating the OP's point.

so you don't use the toons your currently farming?? you have to have them at a certain level for them to be fun??

your right man we aren't playing the same game. the game i play is a leisurely take your time, farm who you want based on who you enjoy which doesn't necessarily have anything to do with their power or abilities. the game i play there is no rush to max out toons. it doesn't matter your rank. the game i play is just a fun game to play with your favorite characters from the star wars universe.

• Options
    +1
  • Options
    +1
    Guild: Order 66 501st Division
  • Options

Why wouldn't you do the credit heist?
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

so you don't use the toons your currently farming?? you have to have them at a certain level for them to be fun??

your right man we aren't playing the same game. the game i play is a leisurely take your time, farm who you want based on who you enjoy which doesn't necessarily have anything to do with their power or abilities. the game i play there is no rush to max out toons. it doesn't matter your rank. the game i play is just a fun game to play with your favorite characters from the star wars universe.

No I don't use toons that will instantly get killed before they move the second battle starts. I have about 30 7 star/gear 8 toons that all put together wouldn't make it past a single GW node. Not sure what to use them for. Only my gear 9-11s can survive long enough to actually do anything. Take a gear 7 toon against the AAT raid and tell me how much fun it is. I enjoy playing with the characters that actually stand some fair chance of killing the characters I'm battling.

PS: I have all the shards for a 7 star Han (the Rancor raid version). I haven't even paid the 100 credits to unlock him, because I need a ton of gear I don't have for him. He's a doorstop for now.
  • Options
    Yes please!
  • Options
    +1 (oh and that guy who doesn't do credit heist and enjoys grinding is trolling you)
  • Options
    Hobnob wrote: »
    +1 (oh and that guy who doesn't do credit heist and enjoys grinding is trolling you)

I know. I just enjoy a good argument.

Also I think he is a guy who got banned posting under a different name.
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    +1

Anything to make them even the slightest bit easier to get would be welcomed.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    How about stun guns and cuffs added to guild shop would be a kind gesture . The gear grind for Heroic tank is real. Community would be very very very happy. @CG_JohnSalera
  • Options
    Something needs done as these are almost impossible to farm with the amount required and drop rates
  • Options
    I believe their admission that the raid is much harder than they intended is directly linked to this problem. Getting the number of gear 10-11 toons needed to get through this raid requires SO... MANY... CUFFS. I think an unreasonably high need for this one item coupled with the exorbitant price for cuffs relative to other gear, and anemic drop rates for purples is the major cause of most guild's AAT raid troubles. Getting to level 85 will change NOTHING about raid difficulty. I'll still need 10-12 fully crafted cuffs on top of many month's worth of non-stop cuff farming already.
  • Options
    Thanks for all your support thus far guys - please keep up with the +1 so as they here us. Many thanks :)
  • Options
    +1
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Gave this a +1 last month. It's due for another. Just like a dozen of my toons are due a stun cuff, or several. Drop rates for old purples could be padded slightly, or add them to an existing challenge. Something. Anything.
  • Options
    +1 cos why not
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    +1