New Meta **Empire**

Prev1
Saritoss
103 posts Member
edited November 2016
So please comment efficient way of beating the new meta

Emperor, Vader, Shoretrooper, Royal Guard, Sun Fac.

*New* Emperor, Vader, Tie Pilot, Shoretrooper, Sunfac/B2

Or f2p can keep dreaming of beating it....

Post edited by Saritoss on

Replies

• Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    B2 + guns
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    That's the new meta? I have been running Palp and Vader since Palp came out. That said I found that the best way to beat Palp+Vader and tanks (really its better with ShT, B2 and another beefy dps) is with Palp+Vader and 3 others.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • scuba
    14052 posts Member
    Options
    Well there are still wiggs in the top of my leaderboard along with Empire teams. So I guess they still work.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    The key to a successful Empire team is EP lead, Vader, Shore, SF/B2 (my preference is B2), and a 5th.

Currently the 5th is debatable, but I've had success with RG, Rex and TFP.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Well there are still wiggs in the top of my leaderboard along with Empire teams. So I guess they still work.

Wiggs can win for sure.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Vader and palp not so good against Rex
  • Options
    Just run fast QGJ lead, Wiggs, and 2 AOE or Yoda and AOE. Dispel Shore, wiggs assist EP, AOE/cleanup. If EE is in there, dispel Shore, wiggs assist EE, AOE/cleanup (with Yoda BM in there somewhere).
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Some sort of tenacity buff character will help a lot vs this team... without the ability to shock/ stun/ dot your team then the empire squad loses a lot of its strength (Yoda if you are ftp would probably be the best bet). Then some sort of mass dispeller like B2 or Asajj to break their taunts and allow your dps to take out priority targets.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Hobnob wrote: »
    Vader and palp not so good against Rex

Rex is certainly a pest but not when the AI is controlling him. He sucks on defense.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    Some sort of tenacity buff character will help a lot vs this team... without the ability to shock/ stun/ dot your team then the empire squad loses a lot of its strength (Yoda if you are ftp would probably be the best bet). Then some sort of mass dispeller like B2 or Asajj to break their taunts and allow your dps to take out priority targets.

Yoda does help now that he does BM first. That said, its a minor annoyance, B2 clears the tenacity up and the rest is history.
  • Options
    AAT + 2 B2
  • Options
    certainly isn't true in my shard or i'd be top dog as i run all empire toons. all i ever have seen from day one is red guard, rey, droids and those stupid 2 clones.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    New meta is not quite here yet, but it will be. It will b Empire, but it wont b RG or Vader. Double taunt loses to B2 and to SunFac. Not worth it to lose 2 spots for hitters.

EP (L), TFP, Shore, B2, +1 ... either Ani or EE most likely. Figure out a way to beat it bcuz it eats Biggs initial triple. Crit immunity makes Lando worthless. TFP moves b4 anything rebeles have, even w/ speed from Lando lead.
  • Options
    Technically the meta is rebels vs empire, and its awesome
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options

He's right, and not just because he's Batman.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    I think a combo is the Meta. Wiggs/Shore/EP/B2 or Sunfac.
  • Options

speak for yourself.

• Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Qgj lead Yoda. Empire is still way too reliant on debuffs.
  • Options
    This is not the new meta. If you can't beat this team...you have a ways to go.
  • Options
    TSiTaS wrote: »
    AAT + 2 B2

I tried this but the battle timed out after 5 mins with the slow animations.
  • Options
    This is not the new meta. If you can't beat this team...you have a ways to go.

You can't make a team that can't be beat, the attacker gets to swap out units for the best counters and is a human vs. AI in battle. The best you can hope for is that teams with good synergy will have to be within 10% of your strength rather than 20% to beat you when you are defending.

Currently I think there are rebel, empire, jedi, droid, and mixes that might include clones and/or Sun Fac that are all capable of taking out any equal or slightly stronger teams on offence. But droids don't defend that well, and Sun Fac, Rex, and Palpatine are all out of reach for many players, while Jedi are waiting for General Kenobi to achieve the best results. That leaves rebels as the meta for most arena shards simply because it's what people can actually get.
  • Options
    id never seen Wiggs as a character...
    u mean Biggs if im right.

EP are too OP because of shock/stun...
    low health? he can heal everytime he attacks
  • Options
    Wedge and biggs combined = wiggs
  • Options
    The old meta, new meta, and always meta.. will be any team having atleast 1 bought character.
  • Options
    id never seen Wiggs as a character...
    u mean Biggs if im right.

EP are too OP because of shock/stun...
    low health? he can heal everytime he attacks

Wiggs is short for Wedge and Biggs
  • Options
    Updated the topic with new farmable setup

Emperor, Vader, Tie Pilot, Shoretrooper, SunFac/B2
  • Options
    Saritoss wrote: »
    Updated the topic with new farmable setup

Emperor, Vader, Tie Pilot, Shoretrooper, SunFac/B2

Let's slow down with shore being farmable lol
  • Options
    He is in shipments isent he? And i asked in orginal post does a FTP have a chance. So you get it i ment farmable for p2p.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Vader has to go. Replace him w/ Ani or EE and u have a winner.
  • Options
    Saritoss wrote: »
    He is in shipments isent he? And i asked in orginal post does a FTP have a chance. So you get it i ment farmable for p2p.

I don't remember anyone saying so..

I saw a lot of him being in chrome with the horrid drop rates