Character Strategy- Chirruit Imwe

Replies

  • tRRRey wrote: »
    So the devs got drunk and decided to fuse Rey, Barriss, and Wiggs together into one toon with a second toon becoming Pack exclusive. Great idea devs. It's not like we haven't even seen this guy do anything yet so why shouldn't he be the strongest toon in the game with an attack that crits for 23k and calls an assist. This is getting ridiculous now. Stop devs, just stop. We don't have a stable meta for a week and now it's time to throw these two into the mix. What is this game anymore?

    Did you bother to read the ability? He crit for 23k because every ally on his team was buffed. Other characters can do more than that with minimal effort.

    So it relies on your team having buffs on everybody, which is extremely easy to do. No effort at all and he hits that hard. Sure other toons can do more with even less effort, and yet we're getting this toon instead of fixing the others. Great priorities from the devs.
  • So the devs got drunk and decided to fuse Rey, Barriss, and Wiggs together into one toon with a second toon becoming Pack exclusive. Great idea devs. It's not like we haven't even seen this guy do anything yet so why shouldn't he be the strongest toon in the game with an attack that crits for 23k and calls an assist. This is getting ridiculous now. Stop devs, just stop. We don't have a stable meta for a week and now it's time to throw these two into the mix. What is this game anymore?

    Keep in mind that the example is modded with crit damage, and this is the best case scenario with all 5 allies buffed (for +100% damage). With the current Rebels, you would need to run someone like Leia or raid Han to get your allies buffed on turn one, so you will either need to leave out one of your staples and use a less common team, or take more turns to set up.


    ----

    Chirrut seems like he will be most useful as a survivability option for rebels in phase 2 or 4 of the AAT raid. Being able to equalize STHan's health in a squad like Wedge/Biggs/Lando/STHan/Chirrut is nice, as well as cleansing after the main tank's AoE that inflicts DoTs. With current health levels and attacker dominance, it's hard to see him fitting in well in the arena, especially if he is most useful with another character. Maybe he'll see play if a Rebel leader with a health bonus is released, where you can better take advantage of the HoTs.

    With that damage he's probably the best healer for the arena. By the looks of it he has very high health for an attacker (Vader like, health bar looks similar to Vader's). The cleanse in addition to the equalize heal seems very powerful for a toon that has the potential to hit for 23k
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    tRRRey wrote: »
    So the devs got drunk and decided to fuse Rey, Barriss, and Wiggs together into one toon with a second toon becoming Pack exclusive. Great idea devs. It's not like we haven't even seen this guy do anything yet so why shouldn't he be the strongest toon in the game with an attack that crits for 23k and calls an assist. This is getting ridiculous now. Stop devs, just stop. We don't have a stable meta for a week and now it's time to throw these two into the mix. What is this game anymore?

    Did you bother to read the ability? He crit for 23k because every ally on his team was buffed. Other characters can do more than that with minimal effort.

    So it relies on your team having buffs on everybody, which is extremely easy to do. No effort at all and he hits that hard. Sure other toons can do more with even less effort, and yet we're getting this toon instead of fixing the others. Great priorities from the devs.

    The dev's have said they're more concentrated on new content which is what this character and Baze are. With as much as you **** in every thread you're in, you should really consider playing a different game because you never have anything positive to say. As unhappy as it seems to make you, you should move on.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    The real question is how many shards will it take to unlock him. Since one of his apparent design goals is to help in GW with the HoTs, it's possible he could be unlocked at a pretty low shard count. Perhaps 2*. That would make him available to people early. It's just starring him up would only be available to the top $$$.

    EDIT: Just saw that he unlocks at 3*. Still pretty early.
  • tRRRey wrote: »
    So the devs got drunk and decided to fuse Rey, Barriss, and Wiggs together into one toon with a second toon becoming Pack exclusive. Great idea devs. It's not like we haven't even seen this guy do anything yet so why shouldn't he be the strongest toon in the game with an attack that crits for 23k and calls an assist. This is getting ridiculous now. Stop devs, just stop. We don't have a stable meta for a week and now it's time to throw these two into the mix. What is this game anymore?

    Did you bother to read the ability? He crit for 23k because every ally on his team was buffed. Other characters can do more than that with minimal effort.

    So it relies on your team having buffs on everybody, which is extremely easy to do. No effort at all and he hits that hard. Sure other toons can do more with even less effort, and yet we're getting this toon instead of fixing the others. Great priorities from the devs.

    The dev's have said they're more concentrated on new content which is what this character and Baze are. With as much as you **** in every thread you're in, you should really consider playing a different game because you never have anything positive to say. As unhappy as it seems to make you, you should move on.

    Well excuse me for criticizing the new content that isn't completely thought out. Excuse me for actually bringing logic to this new content and what it will do to the meta. How about we actually use the forums for what they are meant for and tell the devs what an awful idea this new content is and what they could do to make it better instead of just being ok with it.
  • tRRRey wrote: »
    So the devs got drunk and decided to fuse Rey, Barriss, and Wiggs together into one toon with a second toon becoming Pack exclusive. Great idea devs. It's not like we haven't even seen this guy do anything yet so why shouldn't he be the strongest toon in the game with an attack that crits for 23k and calls an assist. This is getting ridiculous now. Stop devs, just stop. We don't have a stable meta for a week and now it's time to throw these two into the mix. What is this game anymore?

    Did you bother to read the ability? He crit for 23k because every ally on his team was buffed. Other characters can do more than that with minimal effort.

    So it relies on your team having buffs on everybody, which is extremely easy to do. No effort at all and he hits that hard. Sure other toons can do more with even less effort, and yet we're getting this toon instead of fixing the others. Great priorities from the devs.

    The dev's have said they're more concentrated on new content which is what this character and Baze are. With as much as you **** in every thread you're in, you should really consider playing a different game because you never have anything positive to say. As unhappy as it seems to make you, you should move on.

    Well excuse me for criticizing the new content that isn't completely thought out. Excuse me for actually bringing logic to this new content and what it will do to the meta. How about we actually use the forums for what they are meant for and tell the devs what an awful idea this new content is and what they could do to make it better instead of just being ok with it.
    You're not excused. If you don't like the idea of this addition, that's your personal view. If you think this forum is a place to come and whine about everything you personally perceive to be bad, then you're wrong. This thread is to generate some interest for an upcoming update (that's not even out yet, btw). It's for constructive conversation about what may come to be. More importantly, this entire forum is for a community to come and talk about a common interest. It would appear that this community is pretty much sick of your negativity. If all you've come here for is to spit poison then kindly leave and do it in the Feedback forum. I genuinely think you'll get a better response...

    As they say in Birmingham, 'oh one, two one... do one.'
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    tRRRey wrote: »
    So the devs got drunk and decided to fuse Rey, Barriss, and Wiggs together into one toon with a second toon becoming Pack exclusive. Great idea devs. It's not like we haven't even seen this guy do anything yet so why shouldn't he be the strongest toon in the game with an attack that crits for 23k and calls an assist. This is getting ridiculous now. Stop devs, just stop. We don't have a stable meta for a week and now it's time to throw these two into the mix. What is this game anymore?

    Did you bother to read the ability? He crit for 23k because every ally on his team was buffed. Other characters can do more than that with minimal effort.

    So it relies on your team having buffs on everybody, which is extremely easy to do. No effort at all and he hits that hard. Sure other toons can do more with even less effort, and yet we're getting this toon instead of fixing the others. Great priorities from the devs.

    The dev's have said they're more concentrated on new content which is what this character and Baze are. With as much as you **** in every thread you're in, you should really consider playing a different game because you never have anything positive to say. As unhappy as it seems to make you, you should move on.

    Well excuse me for criticizing the new content that isn't completely thought out. Excuse me for actually bringing logic to this new content and what it will do to the meta. How about we actually use the forums for what they are meant for and tell the devs what an awful idea this new content is and what they could do to make it better instead of just being ok with it.

    But that's all you ever do is **** and if people don't agree with you (which nobody ever seems to) you just get mad and nasty about it. If you want to complain about old characters not getting re-done then make a new thread.
  • Tannjam wrote: »
    10. PVP toons are in the arena store, this is tournaments. Save up your ally points, P2W can't spend crystals to buy ally points

    Technically, they can. They buy energy refreshes for missions - missions reward ally points.
    You know how inefficient that is, at best 1440 ally points for 50 crystals
  • I don't think we have to worry about the Chirrut / Baze combo too much. The Chromium drop rates for Baze are atrocious, nothing like they use to be, so we may not see much of these at all.
  • Lkw
    125 posts Member
    Can't wait to face these guys on node 11 and watch them chew up 50 toons before they even move
  • Lkw wrote: »
    Can't wait to face these guys on node 11 and watch them chew up 50 toons before they even move

    Haha. They do look good, hopefully we'll get a fix on thise drop rates.
  • Stats on him are out on swgoh.gg. Stats regarding health, speed, and damage are almost identical to geonosian soldier.
  • Sounds like barris offee on steroids. If you're gonna release this guy please buff barris
    That'd be nice. :)
    I do have Barriss but will never get this guy. :/
  • Stats on him are out on swgoh.gg. Stats regarding health, speed, and damage are almost identical to geonosian soldier.

    Yeah I thought his balance would be low health and or low speed. His basic must not hit that hard.
  • Stats on him are out on swgoh.gg. Stats regarding health, speed, and damage are almost identical to geonosian soldier.

    Yeah I thought his balance would be low health and or low speed. His basic must not hit that hard.

    His basic and his special each hit as hard as Geonosian soldier's basic and special, at least according the raw stats.
  • Just like the other tourneys, it'll be nearly impossible to break 100
  • Sideropenik
    43 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I hope right after squad tournament Chirruit will be available for f2p and Baze too (just add him to Bronze packs). Still, this duet looks awesome and Chirruit on his own is really nice. Perfect for raids, he's a kind of hibride of Barris and Ackbar. Really nice.
  • I was never very good at math.

    3* unlock + 180 shards for a 1st place finish = ____stars (?)
  • I was never very good at math.

    3* unlock + 180 shards for a 1st place finish = ____stars (?)

    1 star = 10
    2 stars =15
    3 stars =25

    So 50 to 3 stars.

    4 stars = 30
    5 stars =65

    145 total to 5 *

    6 stars = 85
    7 stars = 100

    330 total to 7 *

    OK, so 50 + 180 = 230...thats right at 6 *s
  • thanks man...
  • Exactly:
    260/330 means 6 stars and 30/100 for 7*
  • we will see them at low levels now. anybody know if they will be viable for arena at 3 or 4 starts like shoretrooper?
  • we will see them at low levels now. anybody know if they will be viable for arena at 3 or 4 starts like shoretrooper?

    Lower stars usually only works for tanks so I doubt it.
  • We will find out soon enough
  • YkGgbNI.jpg
    I'm feeling lucky about the tournament. I think I'm placing myself in a few number of players getting him at 7 stars. Just on the subject he is op man . High speed high dmg debuffer huge heal .Extremly good with tanks team and one dps .
  • YkGgbNI.jpg
    I'm feeling lucky about the tournament. I think I'm placing myself in a few number of players getting him at 7 stars. Just on the subject he is op man . High speed high dmg debuffer huge heal .Extremly good with tanks team and one dps .
  • pBUIMaO.jpg Just if you do not beleave me .
  • what mods? he is pretty fast, i saw some videos of him and blaze tearing it up w/ all inc crit chance mods. w/ counter chance and tm gain is speed still always king for him as well?

  • No-one going to ask the important question... where is Baze Malbus going to be available from? And I am naming the pair "Chaze" btw!
    I do like "Chaze", or how about "Chibus"?

    Bute? Pronounced "boot". Haha
  • Waqui
    7718 posts Member
    Georator wrote: »
    Just on the subject he is op man . High speed high dmg debuffer huge heal .Extremly good with tanks team and one dps .

    I guess that B2 would be cryptonite for that team.

Sign In or Register to comment.