Character Strategy- Chirruit Imwe

124Next

Replies

  • Durango wrote: »
    Lasserini wrote: »
    Thank you for creating Baze + Chirrut. I would in particular like to praise the balance testing efford that went into tuning the abilities and skillset.

    If your ambition was to create 2 new chars that belong in every single team and vastly outperforms everything else then you have succeeded. If you on the other hand are trying to create a balanced, diverse and interesting game then you should probably start testing things before you push them to live-servers.

    Powercreep to ensure profit is expected and a part of these games -- Those two are so far ahead of the previous content that incompetence is the only fitting description I can find (sorry).
    I totally don't see what you mean.



    That's perfectly well balanced.

    /sarcasm

    And Wiggs was? At least Chaze isn't pulling over 30k on their hits. They are just very enduring and any dispeller and ability block would ruin this. I'll give you the advice that we all got when we had the same complaint about Wiggs. Dispel them, buff immunity both, ability block Chirrut, and viola they are as good as dead.

    Did you watch the above video? Try to solo an arena match with just wiggs and watch them not win because they're just two attackers with a lot of damage and speed but low health and small utility. With Chirrut and baze you basically have an arena team's worth of skills packed into two characters--dispeller, cleanser, healer, taunter, counterer, attacker

    And your point? I had this same complaint about Wiggs being too strong of a combo months ago and now that they released two toons that deservadly have strong synergy you suddenly have a problem with them. Two person synergies will only work when every toon in the game has a pairing. So if they nerf Chaze they better nerf Wiggs too. That's the only fair way to do this now.

    I think I made my point pretty clear. Wiggs are very strong attackers but that just it; they're just attackers which is an incomplete part of an arena team. Baze and Chirrut together provide you with a healer, cleanser, tenacity up provider, attacker, taunter, and dispeller. That's a whole arena team's worth of skills put into two characters.

    I've been saying on many other threads for the past several months that power creep is an issue. Don't say that all of a sudden I'm taking an issue with two new characters having ridiculous skillsets

    Your point would only be relavent if you advocate for Wiggs being OP as well. Chaze has all of that utility, but with one ability block and either Shock or buff immunity, they go down fast. Wiggs on the other hand doesn't care about those except for ability block in the second go around for them. They are extremely fast with quick cooldowns while Chaze is relatively slower and relies on counter attacks to be that powerful.

    If Biggs had another move that had a mass dispel and wedge cleansed and provided tenacity up then yes, I would be advocating wholeheartedly for their nerfs. However, they don't do any of those. Wiggs has one role and thats to do heavy damage fast. They do that role better than anybody else but in that regard they're no different than Rey was several months ago or geonosian soldier before her.

    Not to mention wiggs had several counters that existed before their rework. Aayla is great against them because she's tanky enough to take their damage and she'll stun wedge to slow him down. Sun fac is also decent against them as are droids, a Rex lead, and a few others. The only real counter to Chirrut and baze is boba, and he had to be completely reworked in order for that to happen..

    This is untrue and you know it. How many toons in this game inflict ability block? That's Chirrut's counter and then take your pick of buff immunities that they have released recently that all go before Chaze. Chaze is actually very easy to counter as Maze doesn't dish out a lot of damage and Chirrut can be countered by even a Vader's basic. Wiggs on the other hand will go first 90% of the time unless you have a Raid Han or an extremely well modded TFP. Apart from these two, you have to have ShoreTrooper or Baze unless you want the fight to be 4v5 immediately. Wiggs is overpowered and deserves a nerf while Chaze doesn't. They actually should have strong synergy with each other while Wiggs most likely never even knew each other personally.

    Biggs base speed: 108
    Wedge base speed: 110

    Factor in wedge's passive and they each move at 153 and 155 speed to start the match. Guess who also has a base speed of 153? Chirrut. Your issue with wiggs is with the speed mods people put on them.

    How exactly is anything I said untrue and I know it? Wiggs moves really fast and hits hard. Which one of those two cleanses? Equalizes health? Throws out Heal over time buffs like candy? Counters? Dispels? Auto taunts?
  • 6The6Bull6 wrote: »
    Durango wrote: »
    Lasserini wrote: »
    Thank you for creating Baze + Chirrut. I would in particular like to praise the balance testing efford that went into tuning the abilities and skillset.

    If your ambition was to create 2 new chars that belong in every single team and vastly outperforms everything else then you have succeeded. If you on the other hand are trying to create a balanced, diverse and interesting game then you should probably start testing things before you push them to live-servers.

    Powercreep to ensure profit is expected and a part of these games -- Those two are so far ahead of the previous content that incompetence is the only fitting description I can find (sorry).
    I totally don't see what you mean.



    That's perfectly well balanced.

    /sarcasm

    And Wiggs was? At least Chaze isn't pulling over 30k on their hits. They are just very enduring and any dispeller and ability block would ruin this. I'll give you the advice that we all got when we had the same complaint about Wiggs. Dispel them, buff immunity both, ability block Chirrut, and viola they are as good as dead.

    Did you watch the above video? Try to solo an arena match with just wiggs and watch them not win because they're just two attackers with a lot of damage and speed but low health and small utility. With Chirrut and baze you basically have an arena team's worth of skills packed into two characters--dispeller, cleanser, healer, taunter, counterer, attacker

    And your point? I had this same complaint about Wiggs being too strong of a combo months ago and now that they released two toons that deservadly have strong synergy you suddenly have a problem with them. Two person synergies will only work when every toon in the game has a pairing. So if they nerf Chaze they better nerf Wiggs too. That's the only fair way to do this now.

    I think I made my point pretty clear. Wiggs are very strong attackers but that just it; they're just attackers which is an incomplete part of an arena team. Baze and Chirrut together provide you with a healer, cleanser, tenacity up provider, attacker, taunter, and dispeller. That's a whole arena team's worth of skills put into two characters.

    I've been saying on many other threads for the past several months that power creep is an issue. Don't say that all of a sudden I'm taking an issue with two new characters having ridiculous skillsets

    Your point would only be relavent if you advocate for Wiggs being OP as well. Chaze has all of that utility, but with one ability block and either Shock or buff immunity, they go down fast. Wiggs on the other hand doesn't care about those except for ability block in the second go around for them. They are extremely fast with quick cooldowns while Chaze is relatively slower and relies on counter attacks to be that powerful.

    If Biggs had another move that had a mass dispel and wedge cleansed and provided tenacity up then yes, I would be advocating wholeheartedly for their nerfs. However, they don't do any of those. Wiggs has one role and thats to do heavy damage fast. They do that role better than anybody else but in that regard they're no different than Rey was several months ago or geonosian soldier before her.

    Not to mention wiggs had several counters that existed before their rework. Aayla is great against them because she's tanky enough to take their damage and she'll stun wedge to slow him down. Sun fac is also decent against them as are droids, a Rex lead, and a few others. The only real counter to Chirrut and baze is boba, and he had to be completely reworked in order for that to happen..

    This is untrue and you know it. How many toons in this game inflict ability block? That's Chirrut's counter and then take your pick of buff immunities that they have released recently that all go before Chaze. Chaze is actually very easy to counter as Maze doesn't dish out a lot of damage and Chirrut can be countered by even a Vader's basic. Wiggs on the other hand will go first 90% of the time unless you have a Raid Han or an extremely well modded TFP. Apart from these two, you have to have ShoreTrooper or Baze unless you want the fight to be 4v5 immediately. Wiggs is overpowered and deserves a nerf while Chaze doesn't. They actually should have strong synergy with each other while Wiggs most likely never even knew each other personally.

    My chirrut is just as fast as Biggs and both go before almost every other toon on my shard. Vader doesn't counter chase because he cannot ability block chirrut without first dealing with baze taunt. Baze AOE also does huge damage against toon without buffs

    So what is your point? The only viable counter for you is a cookie cutter squad that is better modded? Also, I've seen and fought plenty of Baze's and he's a chump for the damage he deals. The biggest annoyance with Baze is his start taunt which negates a lot of quick first turn damage squads. Also, B2 is a toon you seem to be forgetting.

    That because I ignore b2 and kill him last, people say he is a counter to chase but he still sucks on defence and barely slows my team down. I actually just switched out my baze team for a vempire team. Empire plus ventress, she is so fast now she negates Insta taunt.
  • Hmmm ... This thread seems way too long. Strategy is very simple if you have Chiruit, get Baze, put on auto attack and win. Game over
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • When is chirrut coming back to tournament?. When will we be able to farm him?.
    @EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon
  • Thank you game devs for Baze+Chirrut. @EA_Jesse @EA_MindTricks
    I applaud your balancing team, hope they had a nice vacation during the week you "balanced" Chaze.

    1 duo to fit into every single arena team, 1 duo to rule AAT raids(4mill+ phase 4), 1 duo to rule tournaments.
    Its beyond absurd, any serious game designer would make an efford to balance them - A game designer afraid of people asking for refunds wont. Getting closer and closer to the end of my swgoh journey
  • 6The6Bull6 wrote: »
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »
    Durango wrote: »
    Lasserini wrote: »
    Thank you for creating Baze + Chirrut. I would in particular like to praise the balance testing efford that went into tuning the abilities and skillset.

    If your ambition was to create 2 new chars that belong in every single team and vastly outperforms everything else then you have succeeded. If you on the other hand are trying to create a balanced, diverse and interesting game then you should probably start testing things before you push them to live-servers.

    Powercreep to ensure profit is expected and a part of these games -- Those two are so far ahead of the previous content that incompetence is the only fitting description I can find (sorry).
    I totally don't see what you mean.



    That's perfectly well balanced.

    /sarcasm

    And Wiggs was? At least Chaze isn't pulling over 30k on their hits. They are just very enduring and any dispeller and ability block would ruin this. I'll give you the advice that we all got when we had the same complaint about Wiggs. Dispel them, buff immunity both, ability block Chirrut, and viola they are as good as dead.

    Did you watch the above video? Try to solo an arena match with just wiggs and watch them not win because they're just two attackers with a lot of damage and speed but low health and small utility. With Chirrut and baze you basically have an arena team's worth of skills packed into two characters--dispeller, cleanser, healer, taunter, counterer, attacker

    And your point? I had this same complaint about Wiggs being too strong of a combo months ago and now that they released two toons that deservadly have strong synergy you suddenly have a problem with them. Two person synergies will only work when every toon in the game has a pairing. So if they nerf Chaze they better nerf Wiggs too. That's the only fair way to do this now.

    I think I made my point pretty clear. Wiggs are very strong attackers but that just it; they're just attackers which is an incomplete part of an arena team. Baze and Chirrut together provide you with a healer, cleanser, tenacity up provider, attacker, taunter, and dispeller. That's a whole arena team's worth of skills put into two characters.

    I've been saying on many other threads for the past several months that power creep is an issue. Don't say that all of a sudden I'm taking an issue with two new characters having ridiculous skillsets

    Your point would only be relavent if you advocate for Wiggs being OP as well. Chaze has all of that utility, but with one ability block and either Shock or buff immunity, they go down fast. Wiggs on the other hand doesn't care about those except for ability block in the second go around for them. They are extremely fast with quick cooldowns while Chaze is relatively slower and relies on counter attacks to be that powerful.

    If Biggs had another move that had a mass dispel and wedge cleansed and provided tenacity up then yes, I would be advocating wholeheartedly for their nerfs. However, they don't do any of those. Wiggs has one role and thats to do heavy damage fast. They do that role better than anybody else but in that regard they're no different than Rey was several months ago or geonosian soldier before her.

    Not to mention wiggs had several counters that existed before their rework. Aayla is great against them because she's tanky enough to take their damage and she'll stun wedge to slow him down. Sun fac is also decent against them as are droids, a Rex lead, and a few others. The only real counter to Chirrut and baze is boba, and he had to be completely reworked in order for that to happen..

    This is untrue and you know it. How many toons in this game inflict ability block? That's Chirrut's counter and then take your pick of buff immunities that they have released recently that all go before Chaze. Chaze is actually very easy to counter as Maze doesn't dish out a lot of damage and Chirrut can be countered by even a Vader's basic. Wiggs on the other hand will go first 90% of the time unless you have a Raid Han or an extremely well modded TFP. Apart from these two, you have to have ShoreTrooper or Baze unless you want the fight to be 4v5 immediately. Wiggs is overpowered and deserves a nerf while Chaze doesn't. They actually should have strong synergy with each other while Wiggs most likely never even knew each other personally.

    My chirrut is just as fast as Biggs and both go before almost every other toon on my shard. Vader doesn't counter chase because he cannot ability block chirrut without first dealing with baze taunt. Baze AOE also does huge damage against toon without buffs

    So what is your point? The only viable counter for you is a cookie cutter squad that is better modded? Also, I've seen and fought plenty of Baze's and he's a chump for the damage he deals. The biggest annoyance with Baze is his start taunt which negates a lot of quick first turn damage squads. Also, B2 is a toon you seem to be forgetting.

    That because I ignore b2 and kill him last, people say he is a counter to chase but he still sucks on defence and barely slows my team down. I actually just switched out my baze team for a vempire team. Empire plus ventress, she is so fast now she negates Insta taunt.

    Hmm, tagging out B2, for Ventriss. I believe I have found why you are struggling. It doesn't matter how fast she is, the AI plays her worse than CUP. B2 at least gains TM for damage on your toons.
  • Durango wrote: »
    Lasserini wrote: »
    Thank you for creating Baze + Chirrut. I would in particular like to praise the balance testing efford that went into tuning the abilities and skillset.

    If your ambition was to create 2 new chars that belong in every single team and vastly outperforms everything else then you have succeeded. If you on the other hand are trying to create a balanced, diverse and interesting game then you should probably start testing things before you push them to live-servers.

    Powercreep to ensure profit is expected and a part of these games -- Those two are so far ahead of the previous content that incompetence is the only fitting description I can find (sorry).
    I totally don't see what you mean.



    That's perfectly well balanced.

    /sarcasm

    And Wiggs was? At least Chaze isn't pulling over 30k on their hits. They are just very enduring and any dispeller and ability block would ruin this. I'll give you the advice that we all got when we had the same complaint about Wiggs. Dispel them, buff immunity both, ability block Chirrut, and viola they are as good as dead.

    Did you watch the above video? Try to solo an arena match with just wiggs and watch them not win because they're just two attackers with a lot of damage and speed but low health and small utility. With Chirrut and baze you basically have an arena team's worth of skills packed into two characters--dispeller, cleanser, healer, taunter, counterer, attacker

    And your point? I had this same complaint about Wiggs being too strong of a combo months ago and now that they released two toons that deservadly have strong synergy you suddenly have a problem with them. Two person synergies will only work when every toon in the game has a pairing. So if they nerf Chaze they better nerf Wiggs too. That's the only fair way to do this now.

    I think I made my point pretty clear. Wiggs are very strong attackers but that just it; they're just attackers which is an incomplete part of an arena team. Baze and Chirrut together provide you with a healer, cleanser, tenacity up provider, attacker, taunter, and dispeller. That's a whole arena team's worth of skills put into two characters.

    I've been saying on many other threads for the past several months that power creep is an issue. Don't say that all of a sudden I'm taking an issue with two new characters having ridiculous skillsets

    Your point would only be relavent if you advocate for Wiggs being OP as well. Chaze has all of that utility, but with one ability block and either Shock or buff immunity, they go down fast. Wiggs on the other hand doesn't care about those except for ability block in the second go around for them. They are extremely fast with quick cooldowns while Chaze is relatively slower and relies on counter attacks to be that powerful.

    If Biggs had another move that had a mass dispel and wedge cleansed and provided tenacity up then yes, I would be advocating wholeheartedly for their nerfs. However, they don't do any of those. Wiggs has one role and thats to do heavy damage fast. They do that role better than anybody else but in that regard they're no different than Rey was several months ago or geonosian soldier before her.

    Not to mention wiggs had several counters that existed before their rework. Aayla is great against them because she's tanky enough to take their damage and she'll stun wedge to slow him down. Sun fac is also decent against them as are droids, a Rex lead, and a few others. The only real counter to Chirrut and baze is boba, and he had to be completely reworked in order for that to happen..

    This is untrue and you know it. How many toons in this game inflict ability block? That's Chirrut's counter and then take your pick of buff immunities that they have released recently that all go before Chaze. Chaze is actually very easy to counter as Maze doesn't dish out a lot of damage and Chirrut can be countered by even a Vader's basic. Wiggs on the other hand will go first 90% of the time unless you have a Raid Han or an extremely well modded TFP. Apart from these two, you have to have ShoreTrooper or Baze unless you want the fight to be 4v5 immediately. Wiggs is overpowered and deserves a nerf while Chaze doesn't. They actually should have strong synergy with each other while Wiggs most likely never even knew each other personally.

    Biggs base speed: 108
    Wedge base speed: 110

    Factor in wedge's passive and they each move at 153 and 155 speed to start the match. Guess who also has a base speed of 153? Chirrut. Your issue with wiggs is with the speed mods people put on them.

    How exactly is anything I said untrue and I know it? Wiggs moves really fast and hits hard. Which one of those two cleanses? Equalizes health? Throws out Heal over time buffs like candy? Counters? Dispels? Auto taunts?

    Your argument is that there wasn't a viable counter to Chaze when a simple ability block renders Chirrut with only his basic which hits as hard as Vader's (I have both maxed). The argument that Chaze has a lot of utility is moot when you have the likes of Wiggs who unless you have an Auto Taunt will make the fight a 4v5 every time
  • Astrid1381 wrote: »
    Astrid1381 wrote: »
    So the devs got drunk and decided to fuse Rey, Barriss, and Wiggs together into one toon with a second toon becoming Pack exclusive. Great idea devs. It's not like we haven't even seen this guy do anything yet so why shouldn't he be the strongest toon in the game with an attack that crits for 23k and calls an assist. This is getting ridiculous now. Stop devs, just stop. We don't have a stable meta for a week and now it's time to throw these two into the mix. What is this game anymore?

    I dont know what to say,first it was bad now its good?i dont under stand you man

    I've always said he was OP, but I'm not calling for a nerf on him, I'm calling for a nerf on all Rebels. His kit and ability list fits his character very well but the magnitude of his abilities is a tad high. You don't understand that I want a nerf on all of the problem toons? What part of that is confusing?
    Thanks i thought u were saying only wiggs is op and not chaze

    Now, that being said, I think that Chaze at least sort of deserves their synergy. They spent their entire lives protecting one another and died together on the same battlefield. In most instances they were brothers. Wedge and Biggs had very little to no interaction with each other and only share the title of Rebel Pilot and yet they have stronger synergy than Savage and Maul who were literally brothers.
  • angrythumbs
    334 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Astrid1381 wrote: »
    Astrid1381 wrote: »
    So the devs got drunk and decided to fuse Rey, Barriss, and Wiggs together into one toon with a second toon becoming Pack exclusive. Great idea devs. It's not like we haven't even seen this guy do anything yet so why shouldn't he be the strongest toon in the game with an attack that crits for 23k and calls an assist. This is getting ridiculous now. Stop devs, just stop. We don't have a stable meta for a week and now it's time to throw these two into the mix. What is this game anymore?

    I dont know what to say,first it was bad now its good?i dont under stand you man

    I've always said he was OP, but I'm not calling for a nerf on him, I'm calling for a nerf on all Rebels. His kit and ability list fits his character very well but the magnitude of his abilities is a tad high. You don't understand that I want a nerf on all of the problem toons? What part of that is confusing?
    Thanks i thought u were saying only wiggs is op and not chaze

    Now, that being said, I think that Chaze at least sort of deserves their synergy. They spent their entire lives protecting one another and died together on the same battlefield. In most instances they were brothers. Wedge and Biggs had very little to no interaction with each other and only share the title of Rebel Pilot and yet they have stronger synergy than Savage and Maul who were literally brothers.

    dude, ****? movie spoilers? come on, fix your statement so other people dont read that crap also
  • Durango wrote: »
    Lasserini wrote: »
    Thank you for creating Baze + Chirrut. I would in particular like to praise the balance testing efford that went into tuning the abilities and skillset.

    If your ambition was to create 2 new chars that belong in every single team and vastly outperforms everything else then you have succeeded. If you on the other hand are trying to create a balanced, diverse and interesting game then you should probably start testing things before you push them to live-servers.

    Powercreep to ensure profit is expected and a part of these games -- Those two are so far ahead of the previous content that incompetence is the only fitting description I can find (sorry).
    I totally don't see what you mean.



    That's perfectly well balanced.

    /sarcasm

    And Wiggs was? At least Chaze isn't pulling over 30k on their hits. They are just very enduring and any dispeller and ability block would ruin this. I'll give you the advice that we all got when we had the same complaint about Wiggs. Dispel them, buff immunity both, ability block Chirrut, and viola they are as good as dead.

    Did you watch the above video? Try to solo an arena match with just wiggs and watch them not win because they're just two attackers with a lot of damage and speed but low health and small utility. With Chirrut and baze you basically have an arena team's worth of skills packed into two characters--dispeller, cleanser, healer, taunter, counterer, attacker

    And your point? I had this same complaint about Wiggs being too strong of a combo months ago and now that they released two toons that deservadly have strong synergy you suddenly have a problem with them. Two person synergies will only work when every toon in the game has a pairing. So if they nerf Chaze they better nerf Wiggs too. That's the only fair way to do this now.

    I think I made my point pretty clear. Wiggs are very strong attackers but that just it; they're just attackers which is an incomplete part of an arena team. Baze and Chirrut together provide you with a healer, cleanser, tenacity up provider, attacker, taunter, and dispeller. That's a whole arena team's worth of skills put into two characters.

    I've been saying on many other threads for the past several months that power creep is an issue. Don't say that all of a sudden I'm taking an issue with two new characters having ridiculous skillsets

    Your point would only be relavent if you advocate for Wiggs being OP as well. Chaze has all of that utility, but with one ability block and either Shock or buff immunity, they go down fast. Wiggs on the other hand doesn't care about those except for ability block in the second go around for them. They are extremely fast with quick cooldowns while Chaze is relatively slower and relies on counter attacks to be that powerful.

    If Biggs had another move that had a mass dispel and wedge cleansed and provided tenacity up then yes, I would be advocating wholeheartedly for their nerfs. However, they don't do any of those. Wiggs has one role and thats to do heavy damage fast. They do that role better than anybody else but in that regard they're no different than Rey was several months ago or geonosian soldier before her.

    Not to mention wiggs had several counters that existed before their rework. Aayla is great against them because she's tanky enough to take their damage and she'll stun wedge to slow him down. Sun fac is also decent against them as are droids, a Rex lead, and a few others. The only real counter to Chirrut and baze is boba, and he had to be completely reworked in order for that to happen..

    This is untrue and you know it. How many toons in this game inflict ability block? That's Chirrut's counter and then take your pick of buff immunities that they have released recently that all go before Chaze. Chaze is actually very easy to counter as Maze doesn't dish out a lot of damage and Chirrut can be countered by even a Vader's basic. Wiggs on the other hand will go first 90% of the time unless you have a Raid Han or an extremely well modded TFP. Apart from these two, you have to have ShoreTrooper or Baze unless you want the fight to be 4v5 immediately. Wiggs is overpowered and deserves a nerf while Chaze doesn't. They actually should have strong synergy with each other while Wiggs most likely never even knew each other personally.

    Biggs base speed: 108
    Wedge base speed: 110

    Factor in wedge's passive and they each move at 153 and 155 speed to start the match. Guess who also has a base speed of 153? Chirrut. Your issue with wiggs is with the speed mods people put on them.

    How exactly is anything I said untrue and I know it? Wiggs moves really fast and hits hard. Which one of those two cleanses? Equalizes health? Throws out Heal over time buffs like candy? Counters? Dispels? Auto taunts?

    Your argument is that there wasn't a viable counter to Chaze when a simple ability block renders Chirrut with only his basic which hits as hard as Vader's (I have both maxed). The argument that Chaze has a lot of utility is moot when you have the likes of Wiggs who unless you have an Auto Taunt will make the fight a 4v5 every time

    So ability block is a viable counter to chaze? Shouldn't you also consider this a viable counter to wiggs, especially considering Chirrut moves at the same speed as Biggs and there's no one hit knockout without Biggs special?

    Even without an auto taunt matches are only a guaranteed 4 vs 5 start if you're running a team of 5 glass cannons. I've often seen ai Biggs target ahsoka first even though she starts off with crit hit immunity and I've often seen them target my non auto taunting tank first too. Even they do one hit knockout someone to start, it's easy to bounce back because neither of those two have a large health pool and they both lose a significant chunk of offense after you start getting your hits in.

    There's nothing new about anything that wiggs does. Before them you had people who complained that Rey moved too fast and hit too hard and before her you had geonosian soldier who could one hit knockout an equal gear and leveled toon back when the level cap was 70 and before protection got introduced.

    Lastly, you haven't addressed my point at all about chaze doing too much because all you've done is bring the argument back to wiggs. I'm all for Chirrut and baze having synergy, but no two toons should have an entire arena team wrapped up their kits.
  • Lasserini wrote: »
    Thank you for creating Baze + Chirrut. I would in particular like to praise the balance testing efford that went into tuning the abilities and skillset.

    If your ambition was to create 2 new chars that belong in every single team and vastly outperforms everything else then you have succeeded. If you on the other hand are trying to create a balanced, diverse and interesting game then you should probably start testing things before you push them to live-servers.

    Powercreep to ensure profit is expected and a part of these games -- Those two are so far ahead of the previous content that incompetence is the only fitting description I can find (sorry).

  • 6The6Bull6 wrote: »
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »
    Durango wrote: »
    Lasserini wrote: »
    Thank you for creating Baze + Chirrut. I would in particular like to praise the balance testing efford that went into tuning the abilities and skillset.

    If your ambition was to create 2 new chars that belong in every single team and vastly outperforms everything else then you have succeeded. If you on the other hand are trying to create a balanced, diverse and interesting game then you should probably start testing things before you push them to live-servers.

    Powercreep to ensure profit is expected and a part of these games -- Those two are so far ahead of the previous content that incompetence is the only fitting description I can find (sorry).
    I totally don't see what you mean.



    That's perfectly well balanced.

    /sarcasm

    And Wiggs was? At least Chaze isn't pulling over 30k on their hits. They are just very enduring and any dispeller and ability block would ruin this. I'll give you the advice that we all got when we had the same complaint about Wiggs. Dispel them, buff immunity both, ability block Chirrut, and viola they are as good as dead.

    Did you watch the above video? Try to solo an arena match with just wiggs and watch them not win because they're just two attackers with a lot of damage and speed but low health and small utility. With Chirrut and baze you basically have an arena team's worth of skills packed into two characters--dispeller, cleanser, healer, taunter, counterer, attacker

    And your point? I had this same complaint about Wiggs being too strong of a combo months ago and now that they released two toons that deservadly have strong synergy you suddenly have a problem with them. Two person synergies will only work when every toon in the game has a pairing. So if they nerf Chaze they better nerf Wiggs too. That's the only fair way to do this now.

    I think I made my point pretty clear. Wiggs are very strong attackers but that just it; they're just attackers which is an incomplete part of an arena team. Baze and Chirrut together provide you with a healer, cleanser, tenacity up provider, attacker, taunter, and dispeller. That's a whole arena team's worth of skills put into two characters.

    I've been saying on many other threads for the past several months that power creep is an issue. Don't say that all of a sudden I'm taking an issue with two new characters having ridiculous skillsets

    Your point would only be relavent if you advocate for Wiggs being OP as well. Chaze has all of that utility, but with one ability block and either Shock or buff immunity, they go down fast. Wiggs on the other hand doesn't care about those except for ability block in the second go around for them. They are extremely fast with quick cooldowns while Chaze is relatively slower and relies on counter attacks to be that powerful.

    If Biggs had another move that had a mass dispel and wedge cleansed and provided tenacity up then yes, I would be advocating wholeheartedly for their nerfs. However, they don't do any of those. Wiggs has one role and thats to do heavy damage fast. They do that role better than anybody else but in that regard they're no different than Rey was several months ago or geonosian soldier before her.

    Not to mention wiggs had several counters that existed before their rework. Aayla is great against them because she's tanky enough to take their damage and she'll stun wedge to slow him down. Sun fac is also decent against them as are droids, a Rex lead, and a few others. The only real counter to Chirrut and baze is boba, and he had to be completely reworked in order for that to happen..

    This is untrue and you know it. How many toons in this game inflict ability block? That's Chirrut's counter and then take your pick of buff immunities that they have released recently that all go before Chaze. Chaze is actually very easy to counter as Maze doesn't dish out a lot of damage and Chirrut can be countered by even a Vader's basic. Wiggs on the other hand will go first 90% of the time unless you have a Raid Han or an extremely well modded TFP. Apart from these two, you have to have ShoreTrooper or Baze unless you want the fight to be 4v5 immediately. Wiggs is overpowered and deserves a nerf while Chaze doesn't. They actually should have strong synergy with each other while Wiggs most likely never even knew each other personally.

    My chirrut is just as fast as Biggs and both go before almost every other toon on my shard. Vader doesn't counter chase because he cannot ability block chirrut without first dealing with baze taunt. Baze AOE also does huge damage against toon without buffs

    So what is your point? The only viable counter for you is a cookie cutter squad that is better modded? Also, I've seen and fought plenty of Baze's and he's a chump for the damage he deals. The biggest annoyance with Baze is his start taunt which negates a lot of quick first turn damage squads. Also, B2 is a toon you seem to be forgetting.

    That because I ignore b2 and kill him last, people say he is a counter to chase but he still sucks on defence and barely slows my team down. I actually just switched out my baze team for a vempire team. Empire plus ventress, she is so fast now she negates Insta taunt.

    Hmm, tagging out B2, for Ventriss. I believe I have found why you are struggling. It doesn't matter how fast she is, the AI plays her worse than CUP. B2 at least gains TM for damage on your toons.

    I don't struggle my point is b2 is actually quite useless in spite of all the love he gets. He is a massive liability on defence.
  • Ability block (especially Boba's two-turn block on Chirrut) is actually really effective here. Also, note that Chirrut cleanses OR gives Tenacity Up. TFP has higher base speed, so if you land buff immunity then you're primed to EP-stun, Boba-block, and Vader-choke your way to victory.
  • Lasserini wrote: »
    Thank you game devs for Baze+Chirrut. @EA_Jesse @EA_MindTricks
    I applaud your balancing team, hope they had a nice vacation during the week you "balanced" Chaze.

    1 duo to fit into every single arena team, 1 duo to rule AAT raids(4mill+ phase 4), 1 duo to rule tournaments.
    Its beyond absurd, any serious game designer would make an efford to balance them - A game designer afraid of people asking for refunds wont. Getting closer and closer to the end of my swgoh journey

    Well said. How this duo passed the balance team is beyond me.
  • I rarely speak out against game design. I rarely call for nerfing. But I echo the sentiment of many (MANY) players that this pair are so poorly balanced that I can't see how they can be fixed. The cynic in me sees it as a Disney-driven promotional directive to make sure that the characters from the currently largest SW IP get high visibility. Shameful.
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    SifuSteve wrote: »
    I rarely speak out against game design. I rarely call for nerfing. But I echo the sentiment of many (MANY) players that this pair are so poorly balanced that I can't see how they can be fixed. The cynic in me sees it as a Disney-driven promotional directive to make sure that the characters from the currently largest SW IP get high visibility. Shameful.
    I made a post on how i think they should be fixed. Hopefully they get nerfed, somehow.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/83982/how-to-fix-chirrut-and-baze-chaze#latest
  • Mikinho
    24 posts Member
    If anyone thinks that chirrut and baze pairing is balanced they need to have their head examined.

    The fact you cant beat a team 8 levels lower when these two mugs are at 4* is ridiculous, especially when you're playing with an EMPIRE team with Palp lead, when every ability he has pretty much screams anti-rebel. Oh look, Chaze are rebels, but they still faceroll to victory. As stupid as the DN/Dooku pairing.
  • Released 17 months ago, can he please be farmable already? Pretty please??
    Wampa Wampa!
    Stats at: swgoh.gg
    Zeta: Have Zader, on deck: QGJ & R2
  • August
  • TVF
    23328 posts Member
    Blochhead wrote: »
    Released 17 months ago, can he please be farmable already? Pretty please??

    He is. Fleet store.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Iy4oy4s
    1556 posts Member
    Way to old daka this ancient thread...
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    2 years later and Chirrut Îmwe still looks broken LOL
Sign In or Register to comment.