Arena Ranks

Prev134
I'm playing for quite a while now and now I'm wondering if there is only "one" arena or if there are multiple ones. I found something odd when I randomly added someone out of the forum to my friends list.
So this persons statistics say Rank 495 with 15-0 wins and 98 missions played. Yet this person is just lvl 25 with lvl 23 uncommon gear Jawa.

So what's the deal? At rank ~500 shouldn't you be at last around 60 with epic gear and more than 15 arena fights?!

Replies

• KidKafka
    62 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    There really are different arenas. Just added a guy who is #1 with lv 32 and 31-0 wins.
    Anyone have guesses about this?

I'm asking myself now how the ranking actually works. I was thinking maybe it's based on a win-loose ratio?
    If so, that might explain the "rank swapping" mentioned in the forum before (it's said that you were swapping the ranks on a win when you defeat the opponent).
    But that doesn't explain the rankings which we see ingame because it does obviously not match with those rankings we see when we add players.

Anyone can confirm this?
  • I'm currently rank 1 but not sure about different arenas - I see a lot of ppl when I click on ranks and scroll through - maybe there are tho?
    ~ im2awesome ~ FC: 516-518-889
    "There can only be one, I will be the one!" - Jet Li

• Is there a bridge between android and apple? I'm on android and this game just got released a few days ago for us

• So you are actually Rank 1? What levels are the lower ranks?
  • I would say it's a different server, a new one, but then I couldn't add you. Maybe it's a cross-server/cross-OS platform based mechanic.
  • Rank 2 is 29
    Rank 3 is 35
    Rank 4 is 33
    Rank 5 is 23

• whaaaaat!!!? Im jealous now, screenshot please.
  • 1z3m93m.png

• This game soft launched for android months ago too. So this can't be it. A different server maybe, but why am I able to add you then. Maybe we gather all informations out of a main server. That might explain connectivity/loading problems.
    But looks to me like you started on a fresh server. On the other hand that is technically impossible if I can take you with me for battles.

Congrats by the way!
  • Im2awesome
    113 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I'm not sure - it asked me if I wanted to pre-register for the download and it would notify me when it was available - I downloaded it yesterday afternoon

Thanks!

• On my "server" there is a hard battle at the top ten. All players are nearly maxed out, and most of them are playing since day one (soft launched in Australia). I'm from Germany and downloaded the game back then with an Australian iTunes account, deleted the game and downloaded it again from the German iTunes. So maybe it is a new server. Must be. Very interesting.
  • Nice - I'm from the United states - it is a perplexing situation with different servers.. I wondered why there was announcements dated before the game was even available for me..
    Lol guess that makes sense now

• KidKafka wrote: »
    So this persons statistics say Rank 495 with 15-0 wins and 98 missions played. Yet this person is just lvl 25 with lvl 23 uncommon gear Jawa.

Just out of curiousity, where are you seeing a win/loss column in PvP...or is this something viewable in the allies column since you said you friended him?
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Arenas are on different servers. I assume which server you are on depends on your level since they will try to group you against people around your level, otherwise, it would be hugely unfair for those of us who played in soft launch to have a large level/power advantage over new players.
  • yes...there are different leaderboards.
    SWGoHCantina.com - Database of everything SWGoH. Fear the Boot |FTB| - One of the 1st Elite Alliances.
  • Davo
    121 posts Member
    So as an american that started with the soft launch....am i forever stuck in the softlaunch leaderboards?
  • Davo wrote: »
    So as an american that started with the soft launch....am i forever stuck in the softlaunch leaderboards?

Yep :)
  • Hey Guys Druvious Here.
    Trying to maintain this #1 spot :wink:
    I really need to dd more people to my friends list. please add me
    Ally Code:
    652-194-336
    Have fun and happy holidays!
  • I installed a day before a friend of mine did. We are identical level, but he's ranked #7 and I'm about 3500th. It's likely that I'm on an older server from the beta (despite installing after global) and he's on a newer server. It doesn't appear to be region specific or platform specific, as we're both Android in Canada. :smile:

The game is cross platform, so it seems reasonable to guess that different servers are possible.
  • Ya, I was thinking that there were multiple servers in which people were separated based upon what day they started. It would be similar to the way Heroes Charge places to server (except Heroes Charge gives the player the opportunity to change to servers with friends or to a preferred server by that player). So if this is how GoH is separating, I'm assuming that all players are stuck in the servers they were placed in and Arena will always consist of those in your server, no matter if you they out level/spend you (until they allow you to start new in another server). I'm sure I will confuse someone with that lol.
    My Ally request code if anyone it: 616-839-778
  • dalvian wrote: »
    I installed a day before a friend of mine did. We are identical level, but he's ranked #7 and I'm about 3500th. It's likely that I'm on an older server from the beta (despite installing after global) and he's on a newer server. It doesn't appear to be region specific or platform specific, as we're both Android in Canada. :smile:

The game is cross platform, so it seems reasonable to guess that different servers are possible.

Hi Dalvian,

I don't believe that GoH has a power/level based ranking currently(I'm new to the game as of launch, so I could be wrong), but the ranking system they do have is the PvP rankings, which would be your placing in the Squad Arena. So, if you can see your friend's ranking in game, then he is on your server. He has just worked his way up the PvP ranking ladder faster.

From my knowledge the game isn't cross-platform just yet, again I very well could be wrong about this too. I think the game had soft launches for both platforms a couple months back, then global launch earlier this week for both again, but separated by platforms, then players separated by servers.

Hope this helps. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!
  • Add me as ally, I am Dark Vapor, lvl 35, ranked #1 : 642 862 894
    :)
  • 331-422-294.. floating in top 20 started on the Android U.S. launch looking for lv34+
  • I've had the game for a few days ands I've battled up to top 200. It seems most have only starter heroes up to this point. Game is def.still in its beginnings.
  • Im2awesome wrote: »
    I'm currently rank 1 but not sure about different arenas - I see a lot of ppl when I click on ranks and scroll through - maybe there are tho?
    GG man keep competing with you for rank 1.
    This game is very similar to Heroes Charge with combat from Summoners War.
    At the moment its a who attacks last arena nearly impossible to defend.
    Haider Level 60. Active player add me: 793-693-543

• OXW2PC.jpg
    Lost rank 1 last min today. gg man.

• Top_Quark wrote: »
    I went through all the ranks list. There is none above 40ish levels here even at top spots...which is quite understandable as everyone here is probably from recent launch.

I came along with many players from CGs other game HODA. If the way things work there has any parallels to here, this is not the meat of pvp we will see. It's not farfetched to expect pvp events with tiers rewarding shards or even full characters for top spots.

2 of us hit 40 today. Unlocked Galactic Wars (Crusades from Heroes Charge)
    Good source of gold and skill bots...can finally skill some of my heroes.

• Thanks haider! Ur defense is pretty good but like u said any one can be beat atm. It's because on attack u can solo out who u want to attack first and group attack them - defense it's all random! Congrats on 40! I'm still 200 experience away :(

• Top player in my PVP bracket is lvl 27 with a Chewie. No one over lvl 30 in top 25.

It definitely appears there are different servers for PVP, but there is no way to know which server you are on. Also, I find it kinda cool that if there are different PVP servers you can still ally with people from different servers.
  • Lol forgot about arena today - oh well there's always tomorrow