Replies

• haplothepatryn91
    61 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    RogueXI wrote: »
    davida8546 wrote: »
    ErPuente wrote: »
    why can't it be 1:1 shard exchange? like if I had an extra lumi I can exchange it for 1 shard of someine that comes from the same shipment or farming location. so yeah 1 lumi for 1 phasma, or 1 sidious for 1 assaj, or 1 poe for 1 fives, or 1 kylo for 1 dooku. or 1 old ben for 1 leia. something like that. hopefully im making sense. I dont know. this kind sir is just an idea. please dont burn me for it.

Then everyone would spend energy to farm easy to get chars then use the extra shards to get hard to get chars. That would defeat the purpose of rare chars.

read what he is proposing again

You mean the part of "I can exchange it for 1 shard of someine that comes from the same shipment or farming location", right? Problem is there are some characters avaiable from more than 1 shipment or farming location. So what @davida8546 said is still right IMO.
    My Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes channel: youtube.com/channel/UChbo9FA2_LS9XqlQG1AqXMQ
  • Options
    Naecabon wrote: »
    Also, I must say, the tally of forum users that make wholly unnecessary and acidic posts geared towards personal attacks here is amusingly high. You make one effort to tell a dev their communication to their playerbase sucks and suddenly everyone's telling you to get a job and a wife.

From my vantage point, your words seem pretty spot-on....
  • Options
    Italians eat really well
  • Options
    I like this since I vented yesterday about getting 2 Sid shards in GW when I already have him maxed.
  • Options
    Because then you have yourself a ****, dull, boring cookie cutter builds which would destroy the game. Imagine a game where all dps heros were the same. If every hero were equal, trust me, this game will not make it past its first year as there would be no reason for people to acquire "elite" heroes.

I couldn't disagree more...the way it is now it's already down to the "dull boring cookie cutter" builds. FOTP, Poe, Leia, QGJ (P2P), OR Sid, Lumi, Dooku (F2P) sound familiar? ANYTIME you have an obvious unbalanced hero then thats the one to get, thats the one EVERYONE gets and needs to succeed. Balance overall should be their MAIN objective here...premium and free heroes alike. It already gets boring seeing the same old thing over and over. You know I've never seen a Lobot...EVER in game besides the missions. Or a Teebo, or a resistance trooper, ect. ect. I wonder why that is? Because they aren't balanced with the "elite" heroes.

You know how games like LoL or other RPGs survive? Balance, selection, EVERYTHING is viable somehow. Sure, give P2P players exclusives...I don't think anyone cares. You pay the money, you get to use Old Ben and have fun with that...the majority of players won't get to, but he won't be game breaking or give any kind of significant advantage. When games start going that way they fail. I use LoL as an example because I have the most experience with that game (yeah it's console, but also a F2P). Why do you think the game is huge? National tournaments, a real PVP following, ect. ect. Because the viability of champions. Characters like Ewok Scout should be no less viable than say FoTP or QGJ in the right setup or else whats the point?

Believe me if they release some shard exclusive hero like Yoda and he is some overpowered hero it will be a huge misstep for CG and will further this cookie cutter situation we are in right now with Poe, ect. ect.

• Options
    RogueXI wrote: »
    why can't it be 1:1 shard exchange? like if I had an extra lumi I can exchange it for 1 shard of someine that comes from the same shipment or farming location. so yeah 1 lumi for 1 phasma, or 1 sidious for 1 assaj, or 1 poe for 1 fives, or 1 kylo for 1 dooku. or 1 old ben for 1 leia. something like that. hopefully im making sense. I dont know. this kind sir is just an idea. please dont burn me for it.

Then everyone would spend energy to farm easy to get chars then use the extra shards to get hard to get chars. That would defeat the purpose of rare chars.

read what he is proposing again

You mean the part of "I can exchange it for 1 shard of someine that comes from the same shipment or farming location", right? Problem is there are some characters avaiable from more than 1 shipment or farming location. So what @davida8546 said is still right IMO.

I get what you mean sir. but I do believe they can differenciate those with multiple farming location and give them a shard equal to its easiest farming spot. then again, I do realize that it could be confusing.

how about you get refunded for the resource you just spent? maybe get a prompt like "you have 5 extra luminara shards. would you like to trade it for 400 war tokens?" or when you pull from cromiums and pulled shards that are extra due to a 7 star "you just pulled shards of a 7 star character that you already have tap here to pull again." something like that. once again just throwing ideas out there. please be nice to me. im just trying to add into the discussion. thanks.
  • Options
    Everyone is jumping on my 5:1 bandwagon, get your own. :(
  • Options
    Hi, so where is this preview?
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Options
    CptKloss wrote: »

At the top of the post...
  • Options
    KAULI wrote: »
    CptKloss wrote: »

At the top of the post...

the 2 sentence paragraph? oh...i thought this is just the announcement of the preview. Preview, you know, virtually everywhere else it's a rather lengthy description of the new features, accompanied by short videos or at least pictures!
  • Options
    heh, at least a sneak preview of the shard shop would wet our appetites~
  • Jedarkside
    70 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hey @EA_Jesse I have an opinion to share. I love the game it's great but there's one thing I would love to add to pvp battles that would really change the strategy. Adding a perk to 1 character,like when your in arena you go to attack luminara and BOOM she hits you with a counter attack, or at the start of the game count dooko turns Invisible. You see where I am going with this. To add spice to the game and have to improvise a fresh strategy every time you get into the arena. I would like reply's tell me what you think!
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    pay2win wrote: »
    Also, I must say, the tally of forum users that make wholly unnecessary and acidic posts geared towards personal attacks here is amusingly high. You make one effort to tell a dev their communication to their playerbase sucks and suddenly everyone's telling you to get a job and a wife.

Well, everytime I read one of you or your "team" posts, wanna know what I see?. Entitlement, you guys need you settle down and comeback down to earth. Stop trying to influence the devs, they're doing a good job. Stop before you guys ruin the game with your silly arena ideas and so on. We all are passionate and enjoy this game as much as any of your team does.

Making posts with useful information and offering tons of suggestions and ideas to help the game is entitlement? Because that's what I see with most of our posts. Lots of guides and ideas and suggestions. No one's demanding anything from devs.

You want us to stop posting ideas and guides and suggestions? Here's a secret: we aren't going to.

Haven't read any of you team guides, but guides are good as it helps new players, good for you. However, just because you think you may have good suggestions or ideas doesn't mean everyone agrees.

And if you don't agree, then I OPENLY encourage you to respond and explain why you do not. It's SURELY better than simply responding saying we're **** for trying to propose ideas and suggestions.

All we ever want is to engage in healthy discussion. We love talking about the game and we enjoy digging in to it full throttle.

+1
    I applaud you for the positive response and not trolling.
    I don't usually partake in a debate in forums as two different school of thought has already been established and no matter what you or I say isn't going to change that.
    As to establish a bit of credibility, I'm one of the top players on my server. Rank 1 last few days but realistically, anyone in top 5 can be rank one on any given day.
    Firstly, I dont believe in nerfing of any kind as it can leave players feeling sour and even hopeless to play on. No characters in this game are overpowered, I say that with all my heroe being f2p. You suggested nerfing fotp and that he is op, I disagree. Rey and Leia are stronger designed heros, even they're not op.
    Your arena ideas, to me that's just silly.

You think FOTP and Ewok Scout are equally usable?

You shouldn't compare those two as their description in game are vastly different.

They are both attackers. Can you even think of a time where you'd use Ewok Scout over FOTP?

This is bit of a silly question. Can you think of a time you'd rather use an ewok scout over anything?. let alone fotp. Take away bariss' heal and id still rather use her......

This is exactly the point. Characters like QGJ, FOTP, Leia, Rey, Poe, and Geonosian Soldier out perform their respective classes. Why would anyone use any other character?

I think the point of his post was that Ewok Scout needs a buff. He would take any toon over Ewok Scout.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options

Well, everytime I read one of you or your "team" posts, wanna know what I see?. Entitlement, you guys need you settle down and comeback down to earth. Stop trying to influence the devs, they're doing a good job. Stop before you guys ruin the game with your silly arena ideas and so on. We all are passionate and enjoy this game as much as any of your team does.

Making posts with useful information and offering tons of suggestions and ideas to help the game is entitlement? Because that's what I see with most of our posts. Lots of guides and ideas and suggestions. No one's demanding anything from devs.

You want us to stop posting ideas and guides and suggestions? Here's a secret: we aren't going to.

Haven't read any of you team guides, but guides are good as it helps new players, good for you. However, just because you think you may have good suggestions or ideas doesn't mean everyone agrees.

And if you don't agree, then I OPENLY encourage you to respond and explain why you do not. It's SURELY better than simply responding saying we're **** for trying to propose ideas and suggestions.

All we ever want is to engage in healthy discussion. We love talking about the game and we enjoy digging in to it full throttle.

+1
    I don't usually partake in a debate in forums as two different school of thought has already been established and no matter what you or I say isn't going to change that.
    As to establish a bit of credibility, I'm one of the top players on my server. Rank 1 last few days but realistically, anyone in top 5 can be rank one on any given day.
    Firstly, I dont believe in nerfing of any kind as it can leave players feeling sour and even hopeless to play on. No characters in this game are overpowered, I say that with all my heroe being f2p. You suggested nerfing fotp and that he is op, I disagree. Rey and Leia are stronger designed heros, even they're not op.

I'll wait to reply because I feel like you may have accidentally hit Post Reply too quickly, you cut off at the end a bit abruptly there hah

"Cutting arena damage by half". In my opinion, this would create a brand spanking new meta that could alienate casual players and even p2p like myself. I say it's silly because it's such a big change, you cannot foresee it's consequences or what this change may cause to the game, what change the players need to make. One thing for sure, whalers would benefit the most as they( as in you) already have a wide variety of heroes to best fit the meta. F2p and p2p may never be able to catch, even remotely close.

Every time the meta shifts, the major P2P players will have that advantage. They paid for it. It's theirs. They have been testing new character lineups for months while you've been trying to upgrade Luminara. It's just the way it is.

I'm not endorsing halving arena damage btw. Screw that.

The idea behind the 1/2 dmg in arena was that it doesn't actually change as much as you'd think. As mentioned in my other post, it's been done in games before, and the effect is usually the same. High DPS are still the high DPS, low DPS are still low DPS, none of the respective placements on the charts are skewed all that greatly. It just allows for defensive mechanics to kick in more - healing becomes more prevalent, buffs and debuffs become more important, and combat slows down so as to not allow for one turn kills.

Would it work for this game? I do not have the answer to that, of course. The devs could mess around with it and determine that themselves, as that's their job. But, again, it was a suggestion for a method of slowing the damage in this game down right now, because that's what the game is. Large spikes of damage in the first few turns that ends a match before it even really begins. Maybe it's a terrible idea! But it's still an idea.

Yeah I see that. But from a morale standpoint...a player who sees his hero going from doing 1.5k damage on a basic to doing 750 is not going to be happy.

My thought was to give a straight hp or armor buff across the board based on hero lv, stars, or gear level. Gear level would probably be best imo. That way the battles still last longer but you don't have the psychological impact of all your guys just getting the nerf bat.

Seeing your guys do less isn't going to cause that much emotional turmoil if you know full well the reasoning for it. Plus, it's not like the enemy is still doing the same old damage and you're the only one hitting for less, right?

Besides, wouldn't you be happy to ACTUALLY USE UTILITY SKILLS and have them matter? I know I would! Stuff like armor up abilities or more ability locks or maybe Offense Down stuff, maybe put in a character or two that doesn't serve the sole purpose of winning the damage race... I dunno, I would really enjoy PvP a lot more if it had more layers of team building and thought behind the PvP aspect. Right now it's DPS DPS DPS GO GO GO KILL EM KILL EM HURRY UP KILL EM FIRST DIE DIE DIE

Only if the timer in the arena was not an issue. Using healers, armor up, defensive skills prolongs the length of a battle.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options

What if is also costed like an additional 10k credits?
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    EM650 wrote: »
    Aragnis wrote: »
    The exchange rate should be 1:1 BUT only to get a random shard.

Any exchange rate 1:5, 1:10, and so for a specific shard would be awful (if it's the only kind of option) because when you buy a chromium card and get shards for a character you already have up to 7 stars it would mean your chromium card is worth almost nothing, and that would not be a motivation to buy cards.

When a character is 7 stars, you normally never try to get more shards, and only get them at random in GW or cards (or new cantina battle in order to advance) so it would be fair and logical to exchange those random shards for other random shards.

I like the idea of
    1. 1:1 shard exchange rate.
    2. Receiving a random new shard.
    3. To make so that people do not keep exchanging shards over and over again have it cost a mild amount of credits for each exchange.

^^^ Any thoughts?
  • Options

What if is also costed like an additional 10k credits?

That'd work.
  • Options
    Guys, easy... there will be no issue with shards exchange, as they will make it extremely expensive i.e. you will be able to exchange 20 of your shards for 1 store shard. If not worse
  • Options

+1

You think FOTP and Ewok Scout are equally usable?

You shouldn't compare those two as their description in game are vastly different.

They are both attackers. Can you even think of a time where you'd use Ewok Scout over FOTP?

This is bit of a silly question. Can you think of a time you'd rather use an ewok scout over anything?. let alone fotp. Take away bariss' heal and id still rather use her......

This is exactly the point. Characters like QGJ, FOTP, Leia, Rey, Poe, and Geonosian Soldier out perform their respective classes. Why would anyone use any other character?

I think the point of his post was that Ewok Scout needs a buff. He would take any toon over Ewok Scout.

Buffing and nerfing should both be viable options.
  • Reddplague
    766 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You guys are in for some serious disappointment. I would really lower expectations. Every time CG releases a big update the players are extremely excited until the update is actually released. That's when the hate threads start about how awful the update is and how they screwed the players. What ever you think, it will be nothing like that so, save yourself the disappointment.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Reddplague wrote: »
    You guys are in for some serious disappointment. I would really lower expectations. Every time CG releases a big update the players are extremely excited until the update is actually released. That's when the hate threads start about how awful the update is and how they screwed the players. What ever you think, it will be nothing like that so, save yourself the disappointment.

Personally, with the exception to the change to GW, I have been okay with everything they have released so far. I do not necessarily hate the change, but it had made GW more boring.

I just wish there was a little bit more time in between changes/releases. I just reached level 67 and my A-team is just starting to catch up to the big spenders. I would like to be able to build more of a base with B/C-team players before having to climb more levels or develop completely new characters /synergies.

I think it is crazy that whales spend a ton of money to max out their characters and complete all of the new levels in a day or two and then complain about how bored they are a week later. I have nothing against spending money, but allow some of the other players to enjoy the game and grind their way to catch up a little. Otherwise, the disparage will just get worse.
  • Options
    Please be slave leia
  • Options
    The thing you guys need to realize is all you're doing is taking the role of a bully. That's all it is. You're bullies. You think you can tell others to stop saying things or to act a specific way and you write nasty posts and mean insults about me or my team or whatever else, sometimes bacon-wrapped with satire or sarcastic remarks about real life circumstances because the fact is, you have nothing else to offer.

EA_Jesse made a "preview" post that contained little to no information we didn't already have. I asked a bunch of questions. He said sorry can't answer any of those. I got mad and made a post saying I think a company policy that involves keeping all content updates a super secret until the last second is dumb. EA_Jesse made some really asinine threat response about how saying bad things about their system would lead to ruining it for everyone, something akin to what my mom would say to us as a mom threat.

You never learned that momma knows best? How old are you, listen to your mother lol

I didn't take what he said as threats, I felt he was reacting in a somewhat dissapointed way because his nice act of releasing confirmation of something many have been waiting for was met with a hiss fit of gamers who think they know better when they don't

Lol calling people bullies on the internet. Did you expect classier or something? Your acting like everyone is wrong for calling you out in some way on your slander toward the devs. I will admit upon reading the back in forth with you more and more, I can tell you have the games best interest in mind and at this point are moving on from your impatience and are on to speculation and suggestions

But you came off like a **** when you are continually trying to say 'ea is dumb for holding out info until the last minute'. Put it this way. If you were writing a book. What if a reporter wanted to know the end. Even goes out and says you are dumb for holding back details from people. I would figure you wouldn't have anything to say, because the ending isn't there to tell yet! I doubt he could tell you the format of the shard shop, because it may still be in actual development stage... so if it goes through a change its not gonna be what he said anyway.

Like asking a chef for the food before it's cooked

Like asking a songwriter to share his song before the melody is written

It's just not there yet man. So I stay ticked off at your remarks toward that part of the discussion.
  • Options
    slampdx wrote: »
    Please be slave leia

this would be awesome. chain whip anyone? ^_^
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    They need to make R2D2 with cloaking and ship synergies.
  • Options
    Actually I find the shard shop system kind of unfair. What happens for example to those toons who we got on packs or something and we don't want to use anymore or that we don't like? I remember I pulled out a Greedo from a Bronzium, and particulary I don't like the character at all.

What I'm saying it's that it also be good if we could sell entire toons as well at the shard shop. And maybe get some resources as well, too. That would be nice; for example let's say I unlocked ST Han at the Arena, and I invested a litte resources leveling him up. I could sell the toon at the shard shop and get, let's say 5 Cad Bane shards and 1 or 2 leveling droids (up to three stars) mat abilities (any rank: I, II or III) or gear materials that were used on the selling toon.
  • Options
    Thanks for the juicy preview! You guys are doing a great job so far so please keep it coming.
  • Options
    The thing you guys need to realize is all you're doing is taking the role of a bully. That's all it is. You're bullies. You think you can tell others to stop saying things or to act a specific way and you write nasty posts and mean insults about me or my team or whatever else, sometimes bacon-wrapped with satire or sarcastic remarks about real life circumstances because the fact is, you have nothing else to offer.

EA_Jesse made a "preview" post that contained little to no information we didn't already have. I asked a bunch of questions. He said sorry can't answer any of those. I got mad and made a post saying I think a company policy that involves keeping all content updates a super secret until the last second is dumb. EA_Jesse made some really asinine threat response about how saying bad things about their system would lead to ruining it for everyone, something akin to what my mom would say to us as a mom threat.

But you came off like a **** when you are continually trying to say 'ea is dumb for holding out info until the last minute'. Put it this way. If you were writing a book. What if a reporter wanted to know the end. Even goes out and says you are dumb for holding back details from people. I would figure you wouldn't have anything to say, because the ending isn't there to tell yet! I doubt he could tell you the format of the shard shop, because it may still be in actual development stage... so if it goes through a change its not gonna be what he said anyway.

It's just not there yet man. So I stay ticked off at your remarks toward that part of the discussion.

I don't subscribe to this train of thought because, typically, this isn't at all how game development goes. The "big picture" of a content update is decided on long before it goes in to development, and once development wraps up it goes in to what's usually a rather long testing phase.

The point is, certain details aren't going to change. They can't change, we're too close to patch day. That's... how this works. Things that change in final development and testing phases are things like small bugs and coding issues, not an entire reworking of the system they've spent weeks/months working on.

Little stuff, you can rest assured, is set in stone. They know what's going in the shop and what isn't. They know how the shard conversion will work. They know exactly what to expect with the store and what not to expect. This isn't stuff they're "still working on" and it won't be in jeopardy of massive change between now and then. So trying to make it sound like we're in some super early development stage of this update is just not really correct; it was early back in Nov/Dec at best.

This isn't like asking a chef for the food before it's cooked, that would be like saying put a patch out today when it won't be ready for three more weeks. This is like asking the chef what's in the **** soup before he serves it to me, instead of being surprised by a plate of mystery food at the last second.

This isn't like asking a songwriter to share a song before it's written because, again, that would be like asking for a patch before it's completed. This is like asking the songwriter what sort of inspirations they're basing the song on, what sort of vibe they hope the song has when it's completed, and asking about what sort of instruments or melodies they plan on incorporating in to the song while they're working on it.

This isn't like asking someone for the end of their book, it's more like asking them for a completed one page preview that includes characters and a big picture story arc and some small elements we can expect from said book. A sampling full of flavor that you can usually find on the back or front cover of any book. The preview here is more like being told "Yeah there's a book coming, and it's coming soon!" and that's it. We don't really know anything about the book at all.

So, essentially, I don't agree with your comparisons at all and I firmly believe they could have given us a preview with a tad more depth than they did.
  • Options

You never learned that momma knows best? How old are you, listen to your mother lol

I didn't take what he said as threats, I felt he was reacting in a somewhat dissapointed way because his nice act of releasing confirmation of something many have been waiting for was met with a hiss fit of gamers who think they know better when they don't

Lol calling people bullies on the internet. Did you expect classier or something? Your acting like everyone is wrong for calling you out in some way on your slander toward the devs. I will admit upon reading the back in forth with you more and more, I can tell you have the games best interest in mind and at this point are moving on from your impatience and are on to speculation and suggestions

I just laughed so hard at these examples that I spit out my coffee, and I wasn't even drinking any. How about using comparable examples like for say.. other gaming companies. Have you people seriously never played another video game in your life? Take Blizzard for example: people knew about all the items and adjustments for the new season about 4 months prior to launch. Oh what is that? Blizzard is a huge company and we can't hold CG to those standards? Look at Ark. They have a small dev team and not only get out ton of information on their game, but they relish in hearing feedback from the player community. Players will submit ideas and you will see them in the game a few weeks later. I could go on.

If you as a player thinks that how they handled the level 70 release was a good thing and/or professional than I don't know what else to say but you are blind fanboys. So many people turned in all of their quests shortly after midnight and lost out on some very good xp because they didn't know.
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • Options

I don't subscribe to this train of thought because, typically, this isn't at all how game development goes. The "big picture" of a content update is decided on long before it goes in to development, and once development wraps up it goes in to what's usually a rather long testing phase.

The point is, certain details aren't going to change. They can't change, we're too close to patch day. That's... how this works. Things that change in final development and testing phases are things like small bugs and coding issues, not an entire reworking of the system they've spent weeks/months working on.

Little stuff, you can rest assured, is set in stone. They know what's going in the shop and what isn't. They know how the shard conversion will work. They know exactly what to expect with the store and what not to expect. This isn't stuff they're "still working on" and it won't be in jeopardy of massive change between now and then. So trying to make it sound like we're in some super early development stage of this update is just not really correct; it was early back in Nov/Dec at best.

This isn't like asking a chef for the food before it's cooked, that would be like saying put a patch out today when it won't be ready for three more weeks. This is like asking the chef what's in the **** soup before he serves it to me, instead of being surprised by a plate of mystery food at the last second.

This isn't like asking a songwriter to share a song before it's written because, again, that would be like asking for a patch before it's completed. This is like asking the songwriter what sort of inspirations they're basing the song on, what sort of vibe they hope the song has when it's completed, and asking about what sort of instruments or melodies they plan on incorporating in to the song while they're working on it.

This isn't like asking someone for the end of their book, it's more like asking them for a completed one page preview that includes characters and a big picture story arc and some small elements we can expect from said book. A sampling full of flavor that you can usually find on the back or front cover of any book. The preview here is more like being told "Yeah there's a book coming, and it's coming soon!" and that's it. We don't really know anything about the book at all.

So, essentially, I don't agree with your comparisons at all and I firmly believe they could have given us a preview with a tad more depth than they did.

Code freeze? Nuff said!