Next Content Update Preview - Part 1

Replies

• Options
    Fabzorz wrote: »
    Naecabon wrote: »
    pay2win wrote: »
    @Naecabon

That wasn't bashing Team Instinct. I'm trying to bring some sort of transparency to large alliance campaigning for changes that might benefit them.

I'm all ears as to how our for fun design of a system that benefits everyone, from F2P to the top P2P players, is a campaign for change specifically for us.

Maybe we just like the game and want to see it succeed?

This dude obviously has an agenda. Don't feed the trolls.

If you are talking about me, let me tell you my agenda. Large alliances tend to ruin games. They force their ideas of a game unto the entire community. You can see this with the silly half damage/raise HP for every characters idea. This doesn't fix the real problem. There are characters that are a lot better than their counterparts. Nerfing or buffing everyone will not change that fact.

If you don't see why big spenders having access to better gear and characters is a problem, I don't know what to tell you. This proposition will widen the gap between F2P, P2P, and P2W. This huge gap will become painfully obvious when you face this large alliance in any guild wars that involve PVP.
  • Options
    @Naecabon

That wasn't bashing Team Instinct. I'm trying to bring some sort of transparency to large alliance campaigning for changes that might benefit them.

I'm all ears as to how our for fun design of a system that benefits everyone, from F2P to the top P2P players, is a campaign for change specifically for us.

If you are talking about me, let me tell you my agenda. Large alliances tend to ruin games. They force their ideas of a game unto the entire community. You can see this with the silly half damage/raise HP for every characters idea. This doesn't fix the real problem. There are characters that are a lot better than their counterparts. Nerfing or buffing everyone will not change that fact.

If you don't see why big spenders having access to better gear and characters is a problem, I don't know what to tell you. This proposition will widen the gap between F2P, P2P, and P2W. This huge gap will become painfully obvious when you face this large alliance in any guild wars that involve PVP.

HAIL HYDRA
  • Options

HAIL HYDRA

HAIL HYDRA!
  • Options
    @Naecabon

Yas
  • Anubis
    200 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    HAIL HYDRA
    Diabolical-secret-society-intent-on-world-domination confirmed.

Edit: Perhaps galactic domination would be apropos?
  • Options
    Yes I was implying they are a secret organization with the mission to take over the world.
  • Anubis
    200 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yes I was implying they are a secret organization with the mission to take over the world.
    Of course, what else could you possibly have meant?

In all seriousness, though, I agree that I don't want any one group to have undue influence in determining the future of the game. Luckily, I think that Capital Games has the long-term interests of the game in the back of their mind, and I am hopeful that they improve and maintain the balance between the different types and groups of players. There are four more years of Star Wars to come, I hope this game survives at least that long.

Edit: A word
  • Options
    I'm wondering if it's going to include chromium exclusive shards. My Qui-Gon is only two stars.
  • Options
    Imo.. The hype train slows down without the proper fuel.. Information. Without the hype train.. There is no interest. Without the interest well.. Passengers disappear. With the recent missteps of the surprise GW change and misleading/misinterpreted return of the monthly sub it would be great to have all the information we can get.

That said.. Thanks for the "preview". I am a supporter of "more is better," especially when it comes to information related to this enterprise.

This preview does however remind me of the trailer to the trailer for the movie Deadpool. A teaser to a preview.. Perhaps part 1 is the teaser for part 2? Time will tell.
  • Options
    @Naecabon

Lighten up kid. Continue with school. Get a degree. Get a real job that doesn't involve playing games. Get a wife, have some kids, go camping once in awhile. Put your phone/computer down and go outside. Maybe you'll meet said wife. Then you can play real, in person games with them. Who knows. Do you really want to be what you are being right now? Dominating a forum for an online game application? Trying to shill a buck youtubing or starting some website? Get real. This won't make you able to retire. Go live a real life, amongst real people. Games are just games.
  • Options
    @Naecabon

Lighten up kid. Continue with school. Get a degree. Get a real job that doesn't involve playing games. Get a wife, have some kids, go camping once in awhile. Put your phone/computer down and go outside. Maybe you'll meet said wife. Then you can play real, in person games with them. Who knows. Do you really want to be what you are being right now? Dominating a forum for an online game application? Trying to shill a buck youtubing or starting some website? Get real. This won't make you able to retire. Go live a real life, amongst real people. Games are just games.

"Games are just games!" has to be one of the all-time best tropes relating to any conversation about games and gaming in general.
  • Options
    Also, I must say, the tally of forum users that make wholly unnecessary and acidic posts geared towards personal attacks here is amusingly high. You make one effort to tell a dev their communication to their playerbase sucks and suddenly everyone's telling you to get a job and a wife.
  • Options
    Also, I must say, the tally of forum users that make wholly unnecessary and acidic posts geared towards personal attacks here is amusingly high. You make one effort to tell a dev their communication to their playerbase sucks and suddenly everyone's telling you to get a job and a wife.

Well, everytime I read one of you or your "team" posts, wanna know what I see?. Entitlement, you guys need you settle down and comeback down to earth. Stop trying to influence the devs, they're doing a good job. Stop before you guys ruin the game with your silly arena ideas and so on. We all are passionate and enjoy this game as much as any of your team does.
  • Options

Well, everytime I read one of you or your "team" posts, wanna know what I see?. Entitlement, you guys need you settle down and comeback down to earth. Stop trying to influence the devs, they're doing a good job. Stop before you guys ruin the game with your silly arena ideas and so on. We all are passionate and enjoy this game as much as any of your team does.

Making posts with useful information and offering tons of suggestions and ideas to help the game is entitlement? Because that's what I see with most of our posts. Lots of guides and ideas and suggestions. No one's demanding anything from devs.

You want us to stop posting ideas and guides and suggestions? Here's a secret: we aren't going to.
  • Options

Faith +1
  • Options
    @Naecabon

"Games are just games!" has to be one of the all-time best tropes relating to any conversation about games and gaming in general.

It's not a personal attack kid. Just some life advice. Don't skip to the last sentence before you reply. Cliff notes won't get you anywhere.
  • Options
    The thing you guys need to realize is all you're doing is taking the role of a bully. That's all it is. You're bullies. You think you can tell others to stop saying things or to act a specific way and you write nasty posts and mean insults about me or my team or whatever else, sometimes bacon-wrapped with satire or sarcastic remarks about real life circumstances because the fact is, you have nothing else to offer. You can't offer up anything worth actually discussing and you have no real constructive thought to add to the discussion.

Fact is, I never went after any of you. It's never been about you and still isn't. But you sure decided to make a case against me for it, as if I'd brought this up against you in the first place. I could not care less about any of you. It was between me and a dev and we finished it and moved on. I started talking about completely harmless things, like stuff about how we ENVISIONED what the system MIGHT have looked like, all the while fully admitting the devs were going to do their own thing and that was that. It was meant to get discussion going on what we all thought would be a cool way to implement this new shard shop. It was 100% harmless.

You guys took it and kept rolling with the negativity. Suddenly it became about secret agendas and pushing ideas on to devs as elitists. Where in the world is that coming from? Did you actually even read my post? I assume mostly not, which is fine, I understand posts are usually made with a predetermined agenda and actual content is dismissed, but good lord are you ignoring what's actually in front of you.

EA_Jesse made a "preview" post that contained little to no information we didn't already have. I asked a bunch of questions. He said sorry can't answer any of those. I got mad and made a post saying I think a company policy that involves keeping all content updates a super secret until the last second is dumb. EA_Jesse made some really asinine threat response about how saying bad things about their system would lead to ruining it for everyone, something akin to what my mom would say to us as a mom threat. That was it. There wasn't any pushing of agendas or overly complicated suggestions or anything involving forced ideas. This is entirely in your head.

Any posts after that about ideas we came up with as a team had absolutely nothing to do with the stuff obviously directed at what was being said between EA_Jesse and I. That was done and over. It was resolved, more or less. Why you're dragging the two completely different topics in to one thing is beyond me.

Stop confusing confidence and enthusiasm with elitism. There has not been a single instance in this thread where I have ever said I feel my opinion matters more than yours, or that I feel they should listen to me more than you. Not once. I've said I'm a SPENDER and I'm not shy about that, which is meant to show my placement on the spectrum of where I stand from a player perspective, but this doesn't entitle me to anything. It just shows what camp my opinions spawn from.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm actually deleting my own post because I realize I don't want to stoop to Keyzer's level. We can be better than that!
  • Options
    The thing you guys need to realize is all you're doing is taking the role of a bully. That's all it is. You're bullies. You think you can tell others to stop saying things or to act a specific way and you write nasty posts and mean insults about me or my team or whatever else, sometimes bacon-wrapped with satire or sarcastic remarks about real life circumstances because the fact is, you have nothing else to offer. You can't offer up anything worth actually discussing and you have no real constructive thought to add to the discussion.

Fact is, I never went after any of you. It's never been about you and still isn't. But you sure decided to make a case against me for it, as if I'd brought this up against you in the first place. I could not care less about any of you. It was between me and a dev and we finished it and moved on. I started talking about completely harmless things, like stuff about how we ENVISIONED what the system MIGHT have looked like, all the while fully admitting the devs were going to do their own thing and that was that. It was meant to get discussion going on what we all thought would be a cool way to implement this new shard shop. It was 100% harmless.

You guys took it and kept rolling with the negativity. Suddenly it became about secret agendas and pushing ideas on to devs as elitists. Where in the world is that coming from? Did you actually even read my post? I assume mostly not, which is fine, I understand posts are usually made with a predetermined agenda and actual content is dismissed, but good lord are you ignoring what's actually in front of you.

EA_Jesse made a "preview" post that contained little to no information we didn't already have. I asked a bunch of questions. He said sorry can't answer any of those. I got mad and made a post saying I think a company policy that involves keeping all content updates a super secret until the last second is dumb. EA_Jesse made some really asinine threat response about how saying bad things about their system would lead to ruining it for everyone, something akin to what my mom would say to us as a mom threat. That was it. There wasn't any pushing of agendas or overly complicated suggestions or anything involving forced ideas. This is entirely in your head.

Any posts after that about ideas we came up with as a team had absolutely nothing to do with the stuff obviously directed at what was being said between EA_Jesse and I. That was done and over. It was resolved, more or less. Why you're dragging the two completely different topics in to one thing is beyond me.

Stop confusing confidence and enthusiasm with elitism. There has not been a single instance in this thread where I have ever said I feel my opinion matters more than yours, or that I feel they should listen to me more than you. Not once. I've said I'm a SPENDER and I'm not shy about that, which is meant to show my placement on the spectrum of where I stand from a player perspective, but this doesn't entitle me to anything. It just shows what camp my opinions spawn from.

Look at this guy
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Making posts with useful information and offering tons of suggestions and ideas to help the game is entitlement? Because that's what I see with most of our posts. Lots of guides and ideas and suggestions. No one's demanding anything from devs.

You want us to stop posting ideas and guides and suggestions? Here's a secret: we aren't going to.

Haven't read any of you team guides, but guides are good as it helps new players, good for you. However, just because you think you may have good suggestions or ideas doesn't mean everyone agrees.
    Are you sure you're not demanding anything from the devs, come on, man.
  • Options

Haven't read any of you team guides, but guides are good as it helps new players, good for you. However, just because you think you may have good suggestions or ideas doesn't mean everyone agrees.

And if you don't agree, then I OPENLY encourage you to respond and explain why you do not. It's SURELY better than simply responding saying we're **** for trying to propose ideas and suggestions.

All we ever want is to engage in healthy discussion. We love talking about the game and we enjoy digging in to it full throttle.
  • Options
    Y O D A
  • Options
    This cat is just a punk kid. To him it's " you guys" vs himself.

"You can't offer up anything worth actually discussing and you have no real constructive thought to add to the discussion."

You say that to any employee and you're fired by your manager. If you're a manager and say it to an employee? Fired. If you say it to someone like me? Punched in the face.
  • Options
    This cat is just a punk kid. To him it's " you guys" vs himself.

"You can't offer up anything worth actually discussing and you have no real constructive thought to add to the discussion."

You say that to any employee and you're fired by your manager. If you're a manager and say it to an employee? Fired. If you say it to someone like me? Punched in the face.

Yeah, you punch people in the face because you can't offer up anything worth actually discussing and you have no real constructive thought to add to the discussion.

• Options
    You guys want to take your flirting to private messages so people can get back to the main topic?

People are dreaming if they think the shard exchange rate will be 1:1, 2:1, 10:1. If it isn't at least 32:1 I will be shocked. But I would guess more along the lines of 64:1. :o
  • Options
    You guys want to take your flirting to private messages so people can get back to the main topic?

People are dreaming if they think the shard exchange rate will be 1:1, 2:1, 10:1. If it isn't at least 32:1 I will be shocked. But I would guess more along the lines of 64:1. :o

5:1 at -225
  • Options
    My constructive thought is that you should tone it down and take a hike, punk.
  • Options

I can't bet with you. You and @EA_Jesse have a thing and he totally listens to your agenda.
  • Options

I can't bet with you. You and @EA_Jesse have a thing and he totally listens to your agenda.

I'VE SAID TOO MUCH
  • Options
    I'm actually deleting my own post because I realize I don't want to stoop to Keyzer's level. We can be better than that!

Good thing I copied it

[/quote] What if I said I made more money that you ever will. And I'm engaged to a smoking hot gamer chick. I travel the world to places you'll never go.

ButI won't say stuff like that. [/quote]