Up to date f2p guide

15678911Next

Replies

• Options
    Hi. Ive been following your guide pretty much with only minor tweaks and am currentlt lvl. 75. My biggest hurdle atm though is sheer number of needed furnaces my toons need to get to gear lvl IX. My question is, how did you farm for these? Is it viable to hold off on farming toons overall and just farm gear off of raid shop and fleet store? Thanks
  • Options
    I saved crystals (high Arena rank allows surplus crystals) and bought them in the shop. Also was lucky and got some as raid rewards. That said, I still need them for 10 toons right now...
  • Options
    Hi. Im lvl 72 now and tried my best to follow your guide but my only problem is that i can only get to like 140 in arena and im out of credits all the time to lvl up my main team and scoundrels. Soo the main problem is that i can not beat the credit heist tier 3. Any tips?
  • Options
    Hi. Im lvl 72 now and tried my best to follow your guide but my only problem is that i can only get to like 140 in arena and im out of credits all the time to lvl up my main team and scoundrels. Soo the main problem is that i can not beat the credit heist tier 3. Any tips?
    Hmm, following the guide it shouldn't be a problem to beat Credit Heist tier 3 and 4 at the first opportunity. Are your Lando and STH both 7* and at max possible gear for level 72? Than you really should beat tier 3...
    Being out of credits is quite normal at ANY level, hehe. That's nothing special. But only 140 in Arena is weird. Can you make an account in swgoh.gg, so I can have a look at your roster?

• Options
    Doitsuyama wrote: »
    Hmm, following the guide it shouldn't be a problem to beat Credit Heist tier 3 and 4 at the first opportunity. Are your Lando and STH both 7* and at max possible gear for level 72? Than you really should beat tier 3...
    Being out of credits is quite normal at ANY level, hehe. That's nothing special. But only 140 in Arena is weird. Can you make an account in swgoh.gg, so I can have a look at your roster?

They are both 7* but not max gear because biggs and wedge are my priorities atm. But here is my swgoh.gg https://swgoh.gg/u/nemennuedudum/
    So take a look if you want :)
  • Options

They are both 7* but not max gear because biggs and wedge are my priorities atm. But here is my swgoh.gg https://swgoh.gg/u/nemennuedudum/
    The first thing which stands out rather painfully is that you are NOT level 72. You might tell yourself that and tell us because this proudly stands over your profile, but you are only the level your Arena toons actually are, and they are 69 at best. With your Arena competition probably doing the right thing (always having their Arena squad at max level) you put yourself at a disadvantage here.
    Also, STH really should be given that one missing gear to get to gear 8, this increases the protection a lot. Other than that, I think you are on a good way to farm Wedge, Biggs and Boba to a competitve level in Arena and should rise once they are geared, starred and levelled.
    With your scoundrels Lando, Boba, STH, IG-88, Chewie the tier 3 should be possible. Try different leads and give them the best mods from Wiggs and GQJ, give Lando Crit chance and Crit damage (currently +0 crit dmg is not cutting it).
    Oh, I see, you have exactly one crit dmg mod (maybe more not assigned, I can't see them in swgoh then)... maybe completing the mod fights would be good too, as a crit dmg set for Lando gives him +30% crit dmg, good even with one dot mods. If not possible, give Lando crit chance secondaries from Wiggs and at least complete sets.
  • Options
    I run St Han (7*), Boba(7*), Wedge (4*), Biggs(7*), and Lando(7*) (lvl 66); Have been able to take 1st in my shard from the beginning. We just had a whale float to the top with the Chaze, Jyn (over 200 spd which i can't get to with my present mods), Wiggs combo. Any suggestions other than to 7* Wedge at lvl 69. I do have a 5* well geared Sid and a soon to be 5* well geared Vader. I have Shore, sun fac, and TFP that I am gearing as well, but it is a slow go while still gearing my main arena team.
  • Options

The first thing which stands out rather painfully is that you are NOT level 72. You might tell yourself that and tell us because this proudly stands over your profile, but you are only the level your Arena toons actually are, and they are 69 at best. With your Arena competition probably doing the right thing (always having their Arena squad at max level) you put yourself at a disadvantage here.
    Also, STH really should be given that one missing gear to get to gear 8, this increases the protection a lot. Other than that, I think you are on a good way to farm Wedge, Biggs and Boba to a competitve level in Arena and should rise once they are geared, starred and levelled.
    With your scoundrels Lando, Boba, STH, IG-88, Chewie the tier 3 should be possible. Try different leads and give them the best mods from Wiggs and GQJ, give Lando Crit chance and Crit damage (currently +0 crit dmg is not cutting it).
    Oh, I see, you have exactly one crit dmg mod (maybe more not assigned, I can't see them in swgoh then)... maybe completing the mod fights would be good too, as a crit dmg set for Lando gives him +30% crit dmg, good even with one dot mods. If not possible, give Lando crit chance secondaries from Wiggs and at least complete sets.

Thanks for the feedback.
    So if understand correctly, i should start with leveling my main squad and gear STH, then give lando som crit chance and dmg mods and last gear/lvl wedge, biggs and boba?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    mbbjd22 wrote: »
    I run St Han (7*), Boba(7*), Wedge (4*), Biggs(7*), and Lando(7*) (lvl 66); Have been able to take 1st in my shard from the beginning. We just had a whale float to the top with the Chaze, Jyn (over 200 spd which i can't get to with my present mods), Wiggs combo. Any suggestions other than to 7* Wedge at lvl 69. I do have a 5* well geared Sid and a soon to be 5* well geared Vader. I have Shore, sun fac, and TFP that I am gearing as well, but it is a slow go while still gearing my main arena team.

If your Sun Fac is ready, try Wedge (l), Biggs, Sun Fac, STH, Boba.

• Options

Thanks for the feedback.
    So if understand correctly, i should start with leveling my main squad and gear STH, then give lando som crit chance and dmg mods and last gear/lvl wedge, biggs and boba?

Right, try to level and gear your Arena squad always to the max. Wedge, Biggs, Boba, Lando, STH is a good squad. Put max speed on STH and Boba with your mods and crit damage on the other three. Primary mod stats are even more important than sets, meaning speed arrows and crit dmg triangles.
  • Options
    Hi,

Great guide. I've been following your guide from a long long time and then chaze entered my arena.

How to defeat chaze?
    I have
    Wiggs
    Lando
    Boba
    ST Han
    Ackbar
    TFP

All gear IX.
    Any clue?
    Farm B2 or Sun Fac?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    I use Wedge (L) Biggs STH Sun Fac Boba, works fine.
  • Options
    Chaze is a very hard opponent if geared and modded well, they definitely belong to the top toons, one level above Wiggs. But you can try to counter them with ability blocks from Boba/TFP and buff removals from B2/Sun Fac. So you should decide on one of them to farm and gear. B2 is generally regarded as the better of them, but he is a longer farm as Sun Fac very frequently is available in the Fleet Store. Gear requirement generally is super hard for tanks as you want them to be at least gear 10 in the end for the protection. B2 needs 9 50-salvage-purple to gear 10 and 6 more difficult pieces to gear 11. Sun Fac needs 14 of those purples until gear 10 and 6 even harder pieces for gear 11, so B2 looks like the better choice for f2p players.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    However, SF is also a dark side pilot so this may change the picture.
    And I need my cantina energy for mods atm
  • Options
    I believe cantina energy is much better used to farm the many important toons available only here - Lando, TFP, Wedge, Anakin, Aayla, Kylo all are must haves for haat raid and generally considered among the strongest toons. B2 is strong in Arena against tanks and buffers, GS and JC are good pilots.
    For mods with good speed secondaries (this actually is the meta in this game) I look in mod shipments to buy for credits and usually buy one between Credit Heists. I just bought a 3 dot gold mod (not so much potential but a lot cheaper than 5 dots), and speed improved two times to 10 in a slot where I didn't have many speed (now 16, 10, 9 and 7 available here, the 10 helped a lot and improved speed of one Arena toon by 7).
    The amount of Cantina energy needed to find a 3 to 5 dot blue, purple or gold mod with pre-set speed secondary is so staggeringly high, it's just a better investment in must-have toons.
  • ReneGade
    64 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Raw,

Thank you very much 4 sharing all this info! I almost follow it to the letter. (Started with 4* Rex after 11 retries).
    I manage to stay top5 at pay-out time (which I shifted to 9pm, so I'm the only one attacking for a top spot).

This is my team atm: https://swgoh.gg/u/renegade2/collection/

Two questions:
    - Mods: Do you advice to stick with 5 dot health mods only, or do 2 dot focussed mods work well enough too? I use this guide for mods: http://www.crouchingrancor.com/mods-master-list-helper-find-the-best-mods-for-each-character/
    (I've used other mods on Lando an Biggs)

- In GW the final two stages gives me lvl68 G8 opponents, which are hard to beat. I don't have a back-up team yet, so I miss out on the 400 war tokens sometimes. Any thoughts on that? (Is it possible to influence the opponent lvl in GW?)

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    I believe cantina energy is much better used to farm the many important toons available only here - Lando, TFP, Wedge, Anakin, Aayla, Kylo all are must haves for haat raid and generally considered among the strongest toons. B2 is strong in Arena against tanks and buffers, GS and JC are good pilots.
    For mods with good speed secondaries (this actually is the meta in this game) I look in mod shipments to buy for credits and usually buy one between Credit Heists. I just bought a 3 dot gold mod (not so much potential but a lot cheaper than 5 dots), and speed improved two times to 10 in a slot where I didn't have many speed (now 16, 10, 9 and 7 available here, the 10 helped a lot and improved speed of one Arena toon by 7).
    The amount of Cantina energy needed to find a 3 to 5 dot blue, purple or gold mod with pre-set speed secondary is so staggeringly high, it's just a better investment in must-have toons.

Well I remember you mentioned you were lucky with mods and your STH was over 200 speed. I was not so lucky so far.

I can't even level my toons (arena yes but not all pilots), so low on credits. I hope after lvl 80 credit heist that will improve and then I farm shards again with cantina energy.
  • Options
    ReneGade wrote: »
    Two questions:
    - Mods: Do you advice to stick with 5 dot health mods only, or do 2 dot focussed mods work well enough too? I use this guide for mods: http://www.crouchingrancor.com/mods-master-list-helper-find-the-best-mods-for-each-character/

- In GW the final two stages gives me lvl68 G8 opponents, which are hard to beat. I don't have a back-up team yet, so I miss out on the 400 war tokens sometimes. Any thoughts on that? (Is it possible to influence the opponent lvl in GW?)
    I'm not Raw and looking at your roster that's the wrong thread, but it's ok. If you can, stick on 5 dot health mods, they have better secondaries. Lando needs the extra 30% crit dmg from the crit dmg set, so it's good what you do.

GW at your stage can become really tough, the solution will be Wedge lead when you have him. Until then you can only retreat und try again until fights end the way you like node for node.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    ReneGade wrote: »
    Two questions:

I'm not Raw and looking at your roster that's the wrong thread, but it's ok. If you can, stick on 5 dot health mods, they have better secondaries. Lando needs the extra 30% crit dmg from the crit dmg set, so it's good what you do.

GW at your stage can become really tough, the solution will be Wedge lead when you have him. Until then you can only retreat und try again until fights end the way you like node for node.

Yes, this is my guide
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/86926/adaptive-f2p-guide/
    but as mentioned based on Doitsuyama's .

@Doitsuyama
    I just experiment with a crit avoidance arrow on Wedge. What is your experience with these?
    My idea is that people will try to attack my Wedge with Wiggs so if I avoid with 25% chance it might be a good idea maybe?
  • Options
    Raw wrote: »
    @Doitsuyama
    I just experiment with a crit avoidance arrow on Wedge. What is your experience with these?
    My idea is that people will try to attack my Wedge with Wiggs so if I avoid with 25% chance it might be a good idea maybe?
    It's a good idea for all toons which gets attacked and don't need speed, Wedge fits the bill. I'd like to have one for my Shoretrooper with good protection secondary. I have one 4 dot crit avoid, but would give up 5.5k protection (mind you, it's "only" from 60k to 54.5k, but still...). I understand crit avoid not as full evasion, but as downgrade to normal hit, but even so actually the sum of crits my Shoretrooper suffers probably is bigger than 5.5k. Hmm, I will give it a try.
  • Options
    I've been following your guide since I've started on the late November shard. This guide proved very successful and as I was lucky enough to get free 4* Wedge at start I usually stay in TOP 3 at my arena. I'd like to thank you, Doitsuyama, for such a clear and efficient guide for starters.

Classical Rebels team of Wiggs\STH\Lando + Boba\QGJ served me well through all these months, but with arrival of new Empire and now Sith meta I will soon be forced to switch to either of these teams.

Empire team feels easier to grasp and according to swgoh.gg most people currently use zVader\TFP\Boba\Emperor + Shoretrooper\B2 layout. I have my Vader, Boba and EP at G10 now, staring and gearing TFP. My plan were to get 3 or 4* ShT from the shipments and give first Zeta to Vader.

However now, with emerging Sith meta, I've got a bit hesitant of Empire route, as more and more Zeta Maul teams appear to be taking over #1 meta. Here again, I have Vader and EP ready, Darth Sidious is G8 and almost 6*, Darth Nihilus is 3* and G8.

My question is who will be best to give my first Zeta in your opinion and if that is Darth Maul, then what team composition would you suggest to use with him?

Here is the link on my profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/omniside/.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Since you already have B2, what about
    zMaul EP Vader Boba B2?

If you see the meta squads
    https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/
    this would be on 2%. But the more popular ZMaul squads require Chaze or GK, which you don't have.
  • Options
    Hi Raw and thank you for your prompt reply! Your comments and thread where you sharing first hand experience are exceptionally useful and great addition to Doitsuyama's guide.

I am considering suggested squad as well, but wondering how viable it can be in the face of squads including Darth Nihilus/Sith Assassin or Chaze teams present in abundance on my shard. I've heard Rex lead teams may also possess a threat if you are running Sith.

I would really like to hear Doitsuyama opinion as he is a few months ahead of us and can provide us with a wider perspective taking into account things we maybe missing at the moment.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    I am also interested in Doitsuyama's opinion, if I may add my team I aim for, it would be the same but Sun Fac instead of B2. Only because I have SF already.
  • Options
    The four people ahead of me with zeta's in my shard all have a zVader and were giving me a hard time in Arena, I needed them to help me to get Rank 1 (it's a really cooperative shard). They also were able to solo the whole Rancor raid, zVader with fast empire and sith gives enough TM reduction to control the Rancor (put QGJ and Rex in and you can even auto it, at the new 4* speed it's over in 15 minutes...).
    But when my zeta was ready I gave it Maul and now I was giving the other guys a hard time, zMaul easily beats zVader in Arena. Now the other guys had to put their next zeta on Maul, and the top Arena is dominated by zMaul now (not only my Arena shard). The sole Rex, Chaze team gives us a hard time though, this is a good defense against zMaul because you can't prevent tenacity up from either Rex or Chirrut.
    Conclusion: If you want to reach/stay top Arena ranks, you must zeta Maul, especially if your speed is not top. He doesn't give you much for Rancor or hAAT though, there zVader is the best choice. Arena is most important part of the game, so give the first zeta to Maul, the second to Vader.
  • Options
    Raw wrote: »
    Since you already have B2, what about
    zMaul EP Vader Boba B2?

If you see the meta squads
    https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/
    this would be on 2%. But the more popular ZMaul squads require Chaze or GK, which you don't have.
    Nihilus even at 3* (or with 2600 crystals at 4*) is better than Vader here. He also is pretty easy to gear, my Nihilus will be gear 11 soon (only 25 gold Biotech from challenge missing). His kit is not dependent on health and offense which are the main things stars give. He also is not a core piece of raid teams (where stars are mandatory), but he is great for Arena.
    The fifth position should be a tank, and there are many good options: GK, Sun Fac, RG, Shore, B2 all do their jobs if they have high protection through high gear level. All are tough to gear though but that's the nature of tanks. GK is best, Sun Fac second best. I actually had a Palp team after Wiggs, and decided to go for Shore. He is very good too, B2 probably is the worst choice (or rather "least good", he is not bad either). I can really only work one more tank after Shore, and this will be Kenobi.
    One more thing, with zMaul you will have so many options as Sid, Savage, Dooku and Assassin all are very good fits, only Vader doesn't really have a place here. If you need speed, you must put Assassin in the team, also viable at 3*. With ok speed mods on her she will go first under zMaul and give all Sith 36% TM, allowing to compensate for worse speed mods.

• Options
    Thanks, Doitsuyama. It seems Sith meta is here and there is no way to avoid it. Besides, my Vader can't enter heroic Pit as he isn't 7* yet. So, first zeta goes to Maul.

How does zMaul team doing agaist Chaze/Wiggs teams? Hopefully Boba with Nihilus and Sun Fac will be enough to deal with them.
  • Options
    omniside wrote: »
    How does zMaul team doing agaist Chaze/Wiggs teams? Hopefully Boba with Nihilus and Sun Fac will be enough to deal with them.
    zMaul probably is the best bet against Chaze, the standard Rebels with Wiggs and Chaze get eaten up here. Chaze still are the most OP toons in the game in my opinion, and I have a hard time against a fast zMaul Palp Nihilus Chaze squad (I beat it often enough). My team actually has Boba and Nihilus, but Shore as the tank (Sun Fac would be good too).