Up to date f2p guide

Replies

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    My sun fac needs more love... time will show.

In my top10 there are currently two Chaze Jynn Wiggs teams, but somehow the other players win against them so they do not block the rank#1. So chances are that someone else snipes them with an anti-Chaze team, that again might be vulnerable to your team :)

• Options
    We'll see, but I doubt it.

I'm 59 and my top1 is almost 70lvl now with chaze/wiggs/Lando. Whalest of whales here, 4-5 star mods on units.
    I have 3 chaze in top10 and only 1 is ok to deal since they don't have wiggs. I'm too weak since I started middle december. I almost always get 1 death on wiggs opening so no chance. Need to get through 1st round w/o deaths, but thats for the future. Will focus on getting back to top10.
    Idk if it's similar in your bracket, but for me it's easier to kill ppl from top10 than getting to top10 (usually they snipe me cause of low level and end up in top35).
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    wawrzon wrote: »
    Whalest of whales here, 4-5 star mods on units.

We also have whales but they were too dumb to invest in the right spots. One is 76 (me 66) but he invested in Windu. Another one has Ackbar.
    Idk if it's similar in your bracket, but for me it's easier to kill ppl from top10 than getting to top10 (usually they snipe me cause of low level and end up in top35).

Yesterday I dropped to #19 (before the fights), lowest so far. But it's no problem. 5 tries are sufficient even if you do not aim the highest one possible. So I skip the Chaze people now. If e.g. on #11 and #12 there are people I doubt to manage, I go #13 and then #8 and so on.

I took notes of the names of the people and if I lost, I note why. After a few days, you know each other's toons and mods...

• Options
    Raw wrote: »
    https://swgoh.gg/u/raw/collection/stormtrooper-han/
    I have a +30 speed Receiver, a Speed set, and + 17 Speed on other mods. I can't do more atm.

I have him on 179 Speed.
    Can it be that STH's basic speed is very slow?
    Your mods on STH are fine (mine is 224 speed, but I really got awfully lucky with mods), but this just underlines my point. Your STH actually IS the fastest in your squad, so I still stand by my description that STH should start the sequence. But he is coming last in your sequence, how is that even possible?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Doitsuyama wrote: »
    But he is coming last in your sequence, how is that even possible?

Bad memory^^

• Options
    I dont get how you all have such good mods? all i got is a bunch of 1 star health mods and some crit dmg mods, you guys not running cantina battles to do more mod battles or something?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Drizz wrote: »
    I dont get how you all have such good mods? all i got is a bunch of 1 star health mods and some crit dmg mods, you guys not running cantina battles to do more mod battles or something?

If you followed the thread, yes.

After Lando is maxed, and before Wedge is available, you really need to think twice if you would rather have good mods or a 7*-GS. I brought GS to 5 stars which then was my 5th char with 5 stars (actually 4 chars with 7 stars that time). Then I was able to go for the 5-dot-health mods, and can sim them.

(Edit: there is a nice side effect, these purple MK III-ability mats have a good drop rate there)

Also I did the mod battles to 8-E, so that I could finish my speed mod set for STH. You rather should have some lvl85-palpatine in you ally list to assist.

And I bought 2x mod packs.
    I wonder what level you have to have for 5-dot-mods in the packs, in the last event I still got 4-dot as highest.

I will only buy another mod pack when there will be 5-dot-mods in it.

• Drizz
    31 posts Member
    Options
    yes my GS is currently 6 star and 51/100. I figured he would be useful. I been wavering to go with a squad of lando 7* lead (or boba fet), sth 7*, biggs 7*, boba 7*, and wedge 4*.. OR to put my GS in the place of Wedge. i played around with it a tiny bit and had really mixed results. might need to keep experimenting with either him or GQJ who is 5* still.

So my current plan is to finish GS and then do what you did with finishing off the mod battles and doing the mod challenges (i had tried the mod challenges 5 dot a few times with no success which is part of the reason i went back to farming GS).
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Doitsuyama wrote that Wedge lead is better (you might remember).

Now I understand it. If you have access to 5-dot-mods faster then your opponents, Lando's +13 Speed will become irrelevant. You see my STH has this +30 speed receiver, but the 1-dot-receiver is only +17.And that is exactly what I find in my arena.

Does your guild do heroic rancor/AAT? What place are you there?
    Maybe if you get to a better price category with 5x 7-star chars, it will be worth it.
    I am in the lower 20s with my 4 chars, so okay for me atm (reward for heroic rancor is H1-04)
    https://swgoh.gg/db/raids/the-pit/rewards/

For Arena, I don't think 7-star-GS will be better then Wedge. Most fights are really decided early, aka can you oneshot someone. And with Biggs, Wedge + another as a help, you probably can.

• Drizz
    31 posts Member
    Options
    ya i was getting one shot so fast in arena so thats why i was trying lando for the more speed.. but if wedge at 4 star is still better, i can stick to that. Regarding raid, we doing the tier5 rancor at the moment.. sorry I am not too knowledgeable about raids since I am new to the game still only playing about a month maybe.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    ya i was getting one shot so fast in arena so thats why i was trying lando for the more speed.. but if wedge at 4 star is still better, i can stick to that. Regarding raid, we doing the tier5 rancor at the moment.. sorry I am not too knowledgeable about raids since I am new to the game still only playing about a month maybe.

I also only play a month and a week, and I also have no knowledge about the raid but about the rewards :)

My Wedge will become 5star today, because I was able to buy shards in Fleet Store. Won't be too long until 69 then. So I recommend to be patient, buy him in fleet store as much as you can and go for mods.

• Drizz
    31 posts Member
    Options
    ok
  • Drizz
    31 posts Member
    Options
    your not buying ship blueprints to help u get higher in ships to get more rewards?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    your not buying ship blueprints to help u get higher in ships to get more rewards?

I buy 3x ship plans in GW (Biggs/Ahsoka/JC/GS). Yesterday I ranked #4 in ship battles. Thats about 1'600 tokens a day, so enough for (a) Wedge, (b) Slave I, even twice a day.

(If I have spare tokens, I buy Sun Fac's Ship or Ackbar, which I also farm in Arena Store)

Before I get my Slave I, there will be no chance for me for Rank#1 in Fleet Arena, because others already have it (probably bought the big fleet cards, but I haven't).

• Drizz
    31 posts Member
    Options
    so your not not getting the teebo and phasma from GW? My guild telling me its very important for me to get them for rancor also jedis for aat
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    so your not not getting the teebo and phasma from GW? My guild telling me its very important for me to get them for rancor also jedis for aat

Teebo is sure important for normal rancor but his importance might be reduced in heroic rancor. See:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/36901/tier-7-raiding-heroic-rancor-you/p1

However in my guild that's just irrelevant, because P1 is done by one player alone, P2 and 3 all go and P4 the other good players dive in. So for me it's just watching the movies and getting my reward for the next couple of month. You know in heroic you need so many 7stars, I will not get in the top 10 dmg dealers in the near future and the existing players deal with him already.

Jedi for AAT: I already farm Ahsoka in Cantina Store. But also here, if the others file 3 Mio. dmg each, and me 150k,it will take long until I am useful there... So I just bring the 600 tickets as described in the OP, and all are fine :)
    Doitsuyama wrote: »
    2) Look out for a guild which does T7 raids and needs contributors for 600 daily tickets.

• wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    A lot to get to. From the end.
    both are relevant for rancor or Gw battles if you want to get good places, but if you prefer to focus on arena then I would skip them. Phasma is viable cause of many uses in different facets of the game, but Teebo can be skipped for later on. Biggs is a main focus from there, occasionally ships if you need them. I used Phasma (and farmed to 7*), but its useless now, wouldn't go that rout again.
    Depends on your bracket. Mine is easy for now so I buy 1-2 blueprints (JC, GS, Biggs, Boba) and go for units later on (Sun Fac, Wedge). Took top5 today with lvl1 ships in my armada, but will have to upgrade to get top1 spot. So how much you have to divide into ships/units depends on your luck and how does your bracket looks.
    For Arena, I don't think 7-star-GS will be better then Wedge. Most fights are really decided early, aka can you oneshot someone. And with Biggs, Wedge + another as a help, you probably can.
    This. Although getting GS to 7* isn't a bad idea - you will be using his ship in fleet arena. He is easy to farm and gear, but not a must. Getting him to 6* is a good idea.
    yes my GS is currently 6 star and 51/100. I figured he would be useful. I been wavering to go with a squad of lando 7* lead (or boba fet), sth 7*, biggs 7*, boba 7*, and wedge 4*.. OR to put my GS in the place of Wedge. i played around with it a tiny bit and had really mixed results. might need to keep experimenting with either him or GQJ who is 5* still.
    QGJ is better tahn GS, wedge is better than GS, nuff said. A word of advice, we do have a speed meta in place for a long time now so either you gear speed mods or you die, no matter how strong units you got. Similarly - gear all other units to their strenghts - Lando with crit chance, sth with speed/def/prot, boba with crit and speed and so on. You will see a bigger difference than getting another 7* unit in.
    After Lando is maxed, and before Wedge is available, you really need to think twice if you would rather have good mods or a 7*-GS. I brought GS to 5 stars which then was my 5th char with 5 stars (actually 4 chars with 7 stars that time). Then I was able to go for the 5-dot-health mods, and can sim them.
    To piggyback a bit. Guide is... a guide, it's not set in stone and should be tweaked depending of your situation. As a f2p user you should try to maximize results, not power. So like RAW wrote - go with what si most beneficial, that includes farming mods, getting multiple units to 5* to finish mod challenges, getting scoundrels or rebels to 5* to get rewards from different events.
    As an example - I farmed crit mods (basic 1-2 star), equiped Lando to get him to 50% crit and mauled down whole rogue one team, even with their insane synergy. Lando (lead) just decimated chirrut and cassian even with K2 and Baze taunts up all the time (they powered my sth like crazy). My first definitive victory over chaze team with basic units and mods (but still had speed, crit and def mods where needed).
    On a side note - don't be afraid to experiment, I still use JC in squads where they're faster than me, just to recover a bit.
    I got basic 1-2 star mods and still manage to get at least top10, currently top5 in arena. You just have to get 2-3 set bonuses on every unit. Speed on every receiver and def/off bonuses on appropriate units. I literally haven't run more than 50 mod cantina battles. Finished 4 levels of misisons on them.
    I wonder what level you have to have for 5-dot-mods in the packs, in the last event I still got 4-dot as highest.
    Seems they tweaked it in december. Ppl that bought them before wrote they've been nerfed. Idk if it's permanent.
    Regarding raid, we doing the tier5 rancor at the moment.. sorry I am not too knowledgeable about raids since I am new to the game still only playing about a month maybe.
    In all honesty, what are you doing there still ? I was in a similar guild when I had no 5* units. We did 3-5 tier rancors. Managed to get to top15 contributors in a week. When I heard they were happy with doing tier5 in 4 days I said it's not for me. Overall, if you want to get good results you need almost a fully active guild. Why ? They will generate tickets for raids faster. Even on lower levels, if a guild can do 5x rancor a week it's still worth staying there - you'll get a great deal of gear and currency. If you're doing 1-2 raids a week then switch asap. With your lineup it's a waste to stay there. I transfered to a heroic rancor guild before I had any 7* unit (was close though). Never looked back.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    boba with crit and speed
    I also like a potency multiplexer (so you get that ability block through) and health>protection on him, because if he respawns he does with 90% (100% at lvl 72) health, so you profit from health more than protection.

• Options
    Yes, exactly.
    Well, I assume right side mods have speed, crit, tenacity/potency on primaries.
    Idk if Drizzt saw this, but won't hurt to link a guide:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjPiX6Mnv7k
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you for pointing out it was a nerf. You find it
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5jlpc7/mod_packs_nerfed/

EA wants to make chances for good mods harder, and maybe also the Mod Shipments are more interesting. Do 5-dot-mods appear there?

• wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    3:05 and onward on the link I sent.
    They show/ Probably it's based on your level first and foremost. Higher level rewards higher mod tiers. Rest is just RNG, but chances are probably slim.

I also remembered - you wrote smth before about fleet shipments resets to get more wedge shards. I would be against it. It resets 3 times a day and you do get a lot of useful shards there, regardless. Especially considering you're starting out. I would't invest so much into fleet shop resets.

Edit: Yes, that link was the one I read, on reddit. Maybe they nerfed mod shop as well, idk.
  • Options
    How do you find a good guild, all the ones are no good as I need to change?
  • Options
    Looking for a little guidance as I have been following the OP process from the start, but it seems like the ideal strategy has moved from this now….

I’m currently level 51 and have CP (lead) 4* (45/65), Lando 6* (12/100), STN 5* (0/65), QGJ 4* (55/65), JC (I don’t farm him) 4* (7/65). All are geared to max (I have just stopped gearing JC though). I finish the GW every day and rank 5-15 in arena after I spend 50 crystalls to get back in this spot – very hard to get in 6-10 spot. I was planning on upgrading these characters until they are 7* and would do GS after Lando is 7*. Other characters I have (Ghewy 4*, HK-47 4*, IG-88 3*) but I have a couple of questions:

- Should I stop farming CP in GW store and go for Biggs (currently on 2*)?
    - Should I continue to farm Lando to 7* then start on GS to replace JC or should I start doing the mod battles (I have done none yet) so I could do the challenges?

I’m open to any other suggestions too.

• Options
    How do you find a good guild, all the ones are no good as I need to change?
    I looked int othreads with guilds on this forum.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/64586/come-feel-the-force-and-recruit-your-padawans-here-basic-guilds-only-please#latest
    Was undecided so posted my info here:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/38562/players-looking-for-guilds-no-guild-posts-read-rules-in-first-post#latest
    Many usually answer. Just choose smth useful. I went with a heroic rancor guild although I was ineligable, but they still wanted me and were very friendly. I don't regret it.
    However I set some guidelines on entering: many active ppl Since that generates raid tickets.
    For now get to a middle-of-the-pack guild with many members and doing T3-T5 raids, will help you gear up fast.
    Looking for a little guidance as I have been following the OP process from the start, but it seems like the ideal strategy has moved from this now….
    It certainly shifts, but stayed the same. It's a bit different on lower level's now since they gave out a great Boba for december log in's and he's OP on middle levels.
    Should I stop farming CP in GW store and go for Biggs (currently on 2*)?
    She is a good character, but fails short of Boba and biggs just because she is slow and gives Biggs boosts to his TM. You will still rank good with her, but she wont be usefull anywhere in top10 (my opinion). Still she will be very usefull in GW and raids. She is very good if you have a Boba in team, very good. It's up to you what to do. Biggs won't make you a powerhouse off the gates. It's a slow farm as well.
    - Should I continue to farm Lando to 7* then start on GS to replace JC or should I start doing the mod battles (I have done none yet) so I could do the challenges?
    Farming character shards is very importans, but should be never as important as gear. I'm not saying that you have to farm mods for days, but having them is mandatory to be any good. I'm not surprised you have trouble in your arena bracket. As refference - I still use JC in arena (today got top5) and he's only 4*, but modded. Gear and unit utility makes the difference in arena - not star rating. Having speed mods is mandatory to be any relevant (look up youtube guide in my previous post). For now get any mods, just to boost stats. And rework them when you have time for it (or stronger units).

Other suggestions - farm Boba, JC, Rey, Anakin from hard nodes, worth it - if you got spare energy. I even farm RB and Ahsoka if I got a few left.
    Another suggestion - change your tactic in arena - if oponent has windu or/qgj, then go w/o sth since he is useless. If you get Boba or biggs, bench phasma. For me - JC was my staple in arena till 58lvl since I was battling stronger and faster units and had to recover from their dmg.
  • Deingesicht
    82 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thanks for the good response.

I might start to get some mods now (put Lando on hold). I'll still go for Phasma and maybe bench her as you said.

Also, I've posted my details on the Guild post - very helpful!
  • Options
    Any tips on what I need to do to beat health mod challenge teir 3? Currently Lando 7* GS,QGJ,Phasma,STH 5*

QGJ and STH are about to be 6* but that doesn't seem like it will be enough.
  • Options
    Thanks for the good response.

I might start to get some mods now (put Lando on hold). I'll still go for Phasma and maybe bench her as you said.

Also, I've posted my details on the Guild post - very helpful!

You might be able to join my guild, what level are you? We have a ton of lvl 85 guys and do heroic rancor :)

• Options
    I am level 51 ally code is 876-987-431
  • Options
    Does it make sense to pause QGJ at 6* and start farming boba for a bit to keep up with the others in my top 10?
  • Options
    Any tips on what I need to do to beat health mod challenge teir 3? Currently Lando 7* GS,QGJ,Phasma,STH 5*
    You won't beat it w/o any healer, so don't waste energy. tried it 2 times, but was annihilated in round 5. So jc, lumi,elder. Ackbar probably wont do any difference here.
    Does it make sense to pause QGJ at 6* and start farming boba for a bit to keep up with the others in my top 10?
    I've done that. Farming him ever since. Will probably stop at 5*. He is very usefull since he is also a scoundrel. So needed to participate in events. I choose to farm him, because of that and arena problems. He does exceptionally well under Lando lead. You can shuffle him in instead of phasma/jc/sth depending on the matchup's.
    Just to clarify - star rating isn't that important. It's needed to access raids/events or other content, but in terms of actual power in arena - focus on matchup's, mods (speed sequence) and utility.