Fleet megapack feedback

Thinking about spending some coin on fleet mega pack, the one that costs 2500 or so crystals, but want some constructive info on others experience with that purchase first.

Please do not turn it into a flame EA thread

Thanks

Replies

• DuckofDeath
    27 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thinking about spending some coin on fleet mega pack, the one that costs 2500 or so crystals, but want some constructive info on others experience with that purchase first.

Please do not turn it into a flame EA thread

Thanks

General consensus is that it is not worth it. There are some YouTube videos of opening it and mostly get 5-10 shards and blueprints. Maybe 20 if you're really lucky. I have not seen anyone who say they got over 20. And shards and blueprints are matched so if you get 5 Biggs Xwing, you'll get 5 Biggs shards which is waste if you already have 7* Biggs. It's better to spend your crystals on build materials.
  • Options
    Like most packs that are rng based, assume the worst possible rng...

Then think, would I still buy it?
    That answer will be the correct one (for you).
  • Options
    So confused now.
    I got this thing called fleet mega pack which was just 8 normal packs together. I check the stores now and there is the one you are talking about.

So very confused.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    Keep in mind that the Mega Pack guarantees four drops are characters and four drops are ships. If you already have most of the pilots maxed out and are only interested in ships, you're better off just buying the single fleet packs. That same 2500 crystals will get you five ship drops from the singles as opposed to the four from the Mega Pack, plus the minimum shard drop in the singles is 10 instead of 5.
  • Options
    Total waste of time and gems. Most I got was 10 shards of characters I already had. I wish I would have read this before wasting my gems on this crap
  • Options
    Keep in mind that the Mega Pack guarantees four drops are characters and four drops are ships. If you already have most of the pilots maxed out and are only interested in ships, you're better off just buying the single fleet packs. That same 2500 crystals will get you five ship drops from the singles as opposed to the four from the Mega Pack, plus the minimum shard drop in the singles is 10 instead of 5.

Thanks for that tip. Like the OP i've been debating on getting the mega pack. I bought two single packs over a couple weeks and got foTie and Sun facs ship from them. So I dont want to press my luck. Will save my gift card for some future content :)
  • Options
    I would recommend 499 packs- Got many good draws Even with 40-100 shards there
  • Options
    Worth it if you're just starting out with ships and need blueprints and pilots fast. If you get lucky it's great--but don't rely on luck =P

I think it'd be worth it if it had 8 packs of blueprints. Diluting it with pilots devalues the whole thing.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options
    as others have said this pack is good for new players so they can get character shards... but if you already have them could be wasted crystals (no clue how efficient it is for shard shop farming?).

If you already have the characters starred up, the 600 ship pack is where its at.
  • Options
    In retrospect, the only reason to really get it is if you just NEED to have the Millenium Falcon (TFA version) and don't care how much it costs. Uh, because it'll cost a lot.

It's the only source of Millennium Falcon blueprints. *shrugs* Eh, I say just wait and eventually it should come from somewhere.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Malthael wrote: »
    Like most packs that are rng based, assume the worst possible rng...

Then think, would I still buy it?
    That answer will be the correct one (for you).

This is correct. If there is a "range" - presume the worst. If there are many character/ship possibilities, presume the most common. Based on those two factors, if you still like the value, then you obviously have WAYYYY to many crystals. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Buying EA gamble packs will irk you off 90% of the time. Do you like being irked off?

tumblr_mxe45sJ6sm1rsrbdko1_500.gif
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    The 499 packs are good if you're starting your fleet. I got a bunch when I started, finish top 3 normally in my shard. If you are in the middle of your fleet, then they're just OK and you're better off in GW / fleet tokens and farming what you need.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    I saved up for it when ships came out, and I've been behind ever since. I wasn't able to upgrade a single ship. For that amount, I was expecting to get a 3* or 4* ship, like it says on the pack. Same thing happened when I got a Rogue One pack. Those two experiences have turned me off of packs forever. Chromiums are all I'm getting from now on.
  • Options
    Those two experiences have turned me off of packs forever. Chromiums are all I'm getting from now on.

So......... then... not forever?

Or, y'know... off.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    The fact that it is the only source of the Millennium Falcon should be all the info you need to know to conclude it's not a good deal. Honestly seems like they're hoping for whales out there that absolutely need to have to Falcon.
  • Tigzie
    579 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Mega packs are absolutely worthless I've got guild mates who bought a tidy number of them and pretty much received nothing of worth (meaning tiny amount of shards for ships and shards for toons they had max)

Myself I bought some of the singles and whereas you MUST consider it like a roulette wheel it did have a SWEET variation of drops EG my very first buy dropped 100 FOTP ship I managed to unlock slave 1 scimitar etc and my Guildies were angry as hell with what they got for 5x the cost.