The Apple Vs. Android exclusive offers comments and questions *** MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    gatormatt wrote: »
    Nikka488 wrote: »
    It was a gift from a third party, thanking their customers. If you're not their customer, you got no reason to complain except good old fashioned envy. If you really really must give in to that, at least do it at the right place: Apple.

Yes but you know EA internally could say, this will have a negative impact on half our customer base.... Plus the in game notifications for the next month from all android guild members giving him stars are a constant reminder.

Aww. How are you going to be able to live with yourself after seeing all those notifications?

Ha ha. I'll have to find a way. (BTW - I see that some of my posts, which are not angry - just trying to give my opinion are being deleted)
  • Options
    Ohhh.. Thanks im in love with Nightsister then. **** EA! :/
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    For the record, my mom is 72. But she doesn't look a day over sixty-n[gets dragged away, never to be seen again]
    So funny how 69 is censored in game.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    Plokoon187 wrote: »
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/22186/psa-free-lando-for-ios

Reposted to those who forgot apple users got a free lando

My bad, totally missed it, here I am wondering why I still have a low star Lando to this day. :'(:D
  • Options
    Who cares? This game is out of balance since a long time now. The time you need now for this game, if you want to be in front, is ridiculous. (that´s a mobile game and not WOW or something like it) So thanks EA you just made it easier to quit the game.
  • Options
    Well, we can just hope that there will be some iOS exclusive. But I'm not holding my breath :)
  • Options
    ios users don't have access to any of it, event or packs
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Oh I didn't realize they didn't have th event either. Now I see what's up with **** storm on the forum.
  • JohnyJones51
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi everybody,
    I need some advice about potency. Does potency affect bonus and counter attack chances? Or not? And if potency is able to affect turn meter reduction...

Thank you.
  • Options

ios user will get the event after androids event is done or shortly after... although this event is definitely unfair for ios people... but maybe you guys will get cassian andor before the android users?
  • Options
    I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the office this morning
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Mol_Kelly wrote: »
    It was a gift from a third party, thanking their customers. If you're not their customer, you got no reason to complain except good old fashioned envy. If you really really must give in to that, at least do it at the right place: Apple.

+1

No - google or Apple should not be able to get exclusive content, that's something cg/ea allowed... free stuff? That would be different - if Apple gave every user 1000 crystals, that's not exclusive - annoying to google users? Maybe, but not unfair...

If Apple paid for the right to give every iOS user 1k crystals, I would complain to Google about instead of posting it on the game forums. What Google did is a completely legitimate business practice.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/22186/psa-free-lando-for-ios

But they did not get a free Lando AND all the shards to get him to 7* right away.
    SWGoH In-Game Name (ColonelSandurz) - TeamSkunk Omicron - hAAT
  • StarSon
    7514 posts Member
    Options
    flux_rono wrote: »

ios user will get the event after androids event is done or shortly after... although this event is definitely unfair for ios people... but maybe you guys will get cassian andor before the android users?

That is a completely unsubstantiated claim. CG has hardly even acknowledged the Google event, much less said that iOS is getting anything even remotely similar afterwards.

I am inclined to believe that after the 10 days are up K-2SO will be farmable somewhere, and iOS will get a similar event for Cassian. But no one knows because CG, as per usual, refuses to tell us anything.
  • Options
    I call it OS favoritism which much like race, we do not control for the most part.

No one is going to just up and change their $$$ phone to go to another OS just for the exclusives.
    And by the time they did, the events would be over.

Indirect discrimination imho but that's just me. I haven't spent a lot on this game just to miss out on something because I don't have a particular OS.
    Ally Code 299-731-212
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Hi everybody,
    I need some advice about potency. Does potency affect bonus and counter attack chances? Or not? And if potency is able to affect turn meter reduction...

Thank you.

- Potency affects any debuffs your character inflicts on the opposing team. (Defense down, stun, damage over time, etc.)
    - And yea it also affects turn meter removal, but not tm gain.
    - it does not affect counter chance.
    - also note it doesn't have anything to do when dispelling a taunt.
  • Options

This. 100%. Both sides get exclusive perks. EA isn't going to turn down money - no should they. As long as it's relatively balanced (and it is) it doesn't have to be the same. It's called "non-linear gaming".

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Hi everybody,

Thank you.

Only on Android side, Google paid for potency, while iOS User have enough tenacity
  • Options
    T_Landis wrote: »

But they did not get a free Lando AND all the shards to get him to 7* right away.

Exactly. Nor did we get all the Poe shards to go to 7*. You can't compare this to any previous event because no event has been platform exclusive that guarantees a 7* toon. Like I said before, this is unprecedented and the lack of communication from EA/CG before or after this event is unprofessional and horrible customer service.

• Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Mol_Kelly wrote: »

+1

No - google or Apple should not be able to get exclusive content, that's something cg/ea allowed... free stuff? That would be different - if Apple gave every user 1000 crystals, that's not exclusive - annoying to google users? Maybe, but not unfair...

If Apple paid for the right to give every iOS user 1k crystals, I would complain to Google about instead of posting it on the game forums. What Google did is a completely legitimate business practice.

And you missing my point… It has to do with CG allowing google to give away free content that is exclusive… If it was just crystals or shards for a character that is already out, then complaining to your platform provider is the right way to go, since this involves exclusive content, CG is the right person to complain to
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Regardless if Google help to fund this is not, ALL users of the game should have the same opportunity. I'm not sure why this needs to even be argued.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    In the uk, iOS users didn't get Poe or Lando either :lol:
  • Options
    We get that one platform can pay for exclusive content. Our issue is that the company receiving the money to develop the exclusive content flat out refuses to communicate in any way before the event happens to notifies everyone or after **** hits the fan. Spineless
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Regardless if Google help to fund this is not, ALL users of the game should have the same opportunity. I'm not sure why this needs to even be argued.

But at the moment, that's not what happened. And you're right, this doesn't need to be argued at all because...

it is what it is.
  • Options
    If Apple or Google gave everybody $500 cash, real world money, I would not be complaining… This has to do with exclusive content... if you're going to quote my comments, at least read them through and realize what I am complaining about
  • Options
    Malthael wrote: »
    This discussion is an example of how bad this community is getting.
    People are exchanging remarks over phones? really?
    I use android, and personally feel it's a shame Iphone users didn't get the same offer.
    If they don't get both (apple/android) to subscribe to the promo... don't do it really.

It's not this community, the internet is full of trolls and flamewar fans. People will add the magical words "master race" to everything they own and support.

Lando master race!

Lando is an individual...
    Mustache is the Master Race...
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Mullato wrote: »

But at the moment, that's not what happened. And you're right, this doesn't need to be argued at all because...

it is what it is.

Ding ding ding (you obviously saw my facetious ambiguity).

SnakesOnAPlane
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    T_Landis wrote: »

Exactly. Nor did we get all the Poe shards to go to 7*. You can't compare this to any previous event because no event has been platform exclusive that guarantees a 7* toon. Like I said before, this is unprecedented and the lack of communication from EA/CG before or after this event is unprofessional and horrible customer service.

Poe didn't need to be 7* to completely dominate arena, comparing him to K2 is laughable because K2 doesn't even look viable on most top tier teams
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    If they keep doing stuff like this, they might as well separate the platforms. just my two cents
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Mullato wrote: »

it is what it is.

Ding ding ding (you obviously saw my facetious ambiguity).

Words2big4me.
This discussion has been closed.