Credit heist on Monday?

Replies

• Options
    Malthael wrote: »
    Shax wrote: »
    Mageduckey wrote: »
    Recently hit level 70 and consequently have started to really feel the credit crunch as I expand my roster to more than just arena team (aka Jawas for crit damage mod challenge and pilots), and yes, I know it gets worse at 80+. But if we had a credit heist every week, especially when it can pay out, what, 5-20mil at the highest level (again, recent 70 so not sure what the top tier gives), pretty soon the only thing we'd have to spend credits on are mods. Everything else would be able to be maxed. That's not good for the longevity of a collector-oriented game like this. If people run out of stuff to acquire/achieve they're more likely to leave, resulting in lost revenue. It would also put a higher strain on the content team to develop and push out more characters, events, etc., which might result in less quality than what we want from those things. Just some thoughts.

What if the credit heist were every week (on a random day), but the rewards were halved (or reduced in some way)? So you'd be getting the same rewards as now (if it is indeed 10+ day average, which we currently have no proof of in the thread), but in smaller payouts more frequently. It would result in the same credit crunch (which is necessary), but people would at least have an event to look forward to. Plus it might help prevent binge spending since you won't be receiving as much all at once.

It costs 6.3 million to train a single character to level 85
    It costs around 2 million to 7* it
    It will cost at least 3.5 million to upgrade a mod set for that character
    Grand total is 11.8 million per character not taking into account abilities and gear crafts

Credit heist can pay between 5-20 million however I've never seen a payout higher then 5M and think it's reasonable to assume that the chance of getting any more then 5 million is extremely small.

With a 12 day CH rotation there is approximatly 2.5 credit heists a month giving aproximatly 12.5 million a month, which is about what you need to get a single character to max level. Note that this is assuming you already have all the shards and gear.

Now, how many months will it take to level every single character in the game by credit heist alone?
    How about all the new characters that a being introduced? I think the risk of the player base "maxing everything" is approaching zero.

Minor correction.

474,750 * 6 = 2,848,500

So it's half way between his and your numbers. That assumes not havinng to level up a mod to check secondaries, but it's still the technical number. Former math getting updated now.
  • Options
    Recently hit level 70 and consequently have started to really feel the credit crunch as I expand my roster to more than just arena team (aka Jawas for crit damage mod challenge and pilots), and yes, I know it gets worse at 80+. But if we had a credit heist every week, especially when it can pay out, what, 5-20mil at the highest level (again, recent 70 so not sure what the top tier gives), pretty soon the only thing we'd have to spend credits on are mods. Everything else would be able to be maxed. That's not good for the longevity of a collector-oriented game like this. If people run out of stuff to acquire/achieve they're more likely to leave, resulting in lost revenue. It would also put a higher strain on the content team to develop and push out more characters, events, etc., which might result in less quality than what we want from those things. Just some thoughts.

What if the credit heist were every week (on a random day), but the rewards were halved (or reduced in some way)? So you'd be getting the same rewards as now (if it is indeed 10+ day average, which we currently have no proof of in the thread), but in smaller payouts more frequently. It would result in the same credit crunch (which is necessary), but people would at least have an event to look forward to. Plus it might help prevent binge spending since you won't be receiving as much all at once.

It will cost at least 2 million to upgrade a mod set for that character
    Grand total is 10.3 million per character not taking into account abilities and gear crafts

Credit heist can pay between 5-20 million however I've never seen a payout higher then 5M and think it's reasonable to assume that the chance of getting any more then 5 million is extremely small.

With a 12 day CH rotation there is approximatly 2.5 credit heists a month giving aproximatly 12.5 million a month, which is about what you need to get a single character to max level. Note that this is assuming you already have all the shards and gear.

Now, how many months will it take to level every single character in the game by credit heist alone?
    How about all the new characters that a being introduced? I think the risk of the player base "maxing everything" is approaching zero.

I always appreciate math :) While I don't have hard numbers on GW payouts, I can anecdotally claim ~23k first node and ~83k last node; assuming linear progression (if it's not I will update math): 83 - 23 = 60 / 10 nodes = 6k/node increase.

23 + 29 + 35 + 41 + 47 + 53 + 59 + 65 + 71 + 77 + 83 = 583k a day from GW. Even if we round that down (keeping in mind this is for a level 71 player's GW, not 80+), that's 15mil credits in a month from GW.

So GW pays out more than credit heist (barring the >5mil payouts). If we clear out ability and gear costs with the credits you earn from doing normal Cantina/LS/DS battles, that's 15 + 12.5 = 27.5 / 10.3 = 2.67 characters fully maxed from 1 to 85 in a month. That's not a bad rate when you consider that we have completely neglected tournament and raid rewards.

The neglect of mods (you don't just spend upgrading 6 mods... to know which secondaries it levels you usually spend way more than the equivalent of just 6 mods leveled...), and gear/abilities costs is skewing that equation.

You can put math in whatever way you like it, the large majority of players is credit starved.

• Options
    They need to make credit heist weekly this is nonsense. They also need to fix the abysmal drop rates on mods. This has went on long enough. FIX IT

• Mageduckey
    699 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Actually, going to add new math post cause I want to include raids (will ignore tournaments because "Results May Vary").
    • Galactic War (Lvl 71): 583k/day
    • T6 Rancor Raid (fairly reasonable shortly into the game, at least for a 0 damage score): 145k for rank 41-50 for 3 days/week
    • Credit Heist (assume the worst here for example's sake): 5mil every 12 days = 12.5mil

583,000 * 30 + 12,500,000 + 145,000 * 15 = 32,165,000

32,165,000 / 11,100,000 = 2.9 characters from 1 to max in a month. Not including tournaments.

Granted, yes, some mods you will level a bit before seeing unfavorable secondaries and trashing. But overall this is still a pretty decent number in my book, especially since it assumes the worst for credit heist cycle (which I strongly doubt is the case).
  • Options
    Malthael wrote: »

It will cost at least 2 million to upgrade a mod set for that character
    Grand total is 10.3 million per character not taking into account abilities and gear crafts

I always appreciate math :) While I don't have hard numbers on GW payouts, I can anecdotally claim ~23k first node and ~83k last node; assuming linear progression (if it's not I will update math): 83 - 23 = 60 / 10 nodes = 6k/node increase.

23 + 29 + 35 + 41 + 47 + 53 + 59 + 65 + 71 + 77 + 83 = 583k a day from GW. Even if we round that down (keeping in mind this is for a level 71 player's GW, not 80+), that's 15mil credits in a month from GW.

So GW pays out more than credit heist (barring the >5mil payouts). If we clear out ability and gear costs with the credits you earn from doing normal Cantina/LS/DS battles, that's 15 + 12.5 = 27.5 / 10.3 = 2.67 characters fully maxed from 1 to 85 in a month. That's not a bad rate when you consider that we have completely neglected tournament and raid rewards.

The neglect of mods (you don't just spend upgrading 6 mods... to know which secondaries it levels you usually spend way more than the equivalent of just 6 mods leveled...), and gear/abilities costs is skewing that equation.

You can put math in whatever way you like it, the large majority of players is credit starved.

Mods are hard to predict, so instead of adding to the math itself they should be added as a comment at the end to explain potential variances.

If the majority of players are credit starved, could it be because they've spread themselves too thin? I don't know where the majority of players stand so I'm not judging or anything, but 1.5 months in and I'm doing just fine on credits at level 71 because I'm very focused and don't level people I don't need immediately (or if I do level them I only go as high as needed for the task at hand).
  • Options
    Actually, going to add new math post cause I want to include raids (will ignore tournaments because "Results May Vary").
    • Galactic War (Lvl 71): 583k/day
    • T6 Rancor Raid (fairly reasonable shortly into the game, at least for a 0 damage score): 145k for rank 41-50 for 3 days/week
    • Credit Heist (assume the worst here for example's sake): 5mil every 12 days = 12.5mil

583,000 * 30 + 12,500,000 + 145,000 * 15 = 32,165,000

32,165,000 / 11,100,000 = 2.9 characters from 1 to max in a month. Not including tournaments.

Granted, yes, some mods you will level a bit before seeing unfavorable secondaries and trashing. But overall this is still a pretty decent number in my book, especially since it assumes the worst for credit heist cycle (which I strongly doubt is the case).

It doesn't assume the worse.
    The worse would be 3M every 12 days - Although, granted, rare.
    5 million is for sure the average payout of a heist.
  • Options
    I meant in terms of how long in between heists, since I haven't been in the top tier of the heist before and was okay taking the 5mil average.
  • Options
    @Mageduckey if we take your numbers as a basis then it actually highlights the problem. We have close to a hundred characters in the game right now, and to be competitive in arena, GW, and both raids you probably need at least 20-30 characters at max level. That will take almost a year!

And if we want to level up all the characters we can collect in the game that would take nearly 3 years.Which is assuming no new characters are added of course.

For a 'collecting' game that seems way too long to have to wait when we are also blocked by gear and farming character shards in the first place.
  • Shax
    77 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder how the majority of players could have spread themselves to thin, let's examine:

1. AAT raid - 4 individual, specific maxed teams with specific mods
    2. Rancor - 1 team
    3. Arena - the meta chase 1 maxed team that often shifts
    4. Fleet - at least 9 "pilots" that need to be maxed
    5. HP mods
    6. Defense mods
    7. CD mods
    8. CC mods
    9. Tenacity mods (let's be fair, safe to skip this one)
    10. Potency mods
    11. Offense mods
    12. Speed mods
    13. Events

It would appear that spreading oneself too thin is WAI, credit heist is there to sustain that spread, something it has been failing to do lately.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    I understand the idea behind making the heist on a random day instead of a set day. Sure, fine, you want people to have another reason to check the game every day. I'm OK with that.

But for the love of Odin, please make the heists a random weekday each week instead of every 12 days so there's at least some vague consistency to it. If is was forced once a week, you could get a 12 day gap (Monday to the following Friday) but the next heist after than would then be forced into a maximum of a 7 day gap (Friday to Friday).

If thats already how it works and I just havent been paying attention then uh, `\(o_O)/` good job.
  • Options
    I mean, yeah, the game is all about resource management. You have to choose what you do and don't want, then make sure that falls within the constraints of what you can and can't achieve. Priorities.
  • Options
    Skirata wrote: »
    What makes it seem unfair is that the training droids drop weekly, but the credit heist is 9-12 days. It's this discrepancy that drives me nuts.

So if they were more stringent on training droids, creating a little bit of a crunch there so that you couldn't level everyone up even with all the credits in the world, it would be okay? (not sarcastic)

If I didn't have 20 million credits worth of training droids sitting around waiting for credits, I wouldn't notice the lack of credits every time I go to level a toon. But I have them, so I do.

I know this is a First-World problem, I'm just explaining the perception of throttling one ... feeling is Unfair. Reality/Logic is I have all the Training Droids I need, so I'm still better off than if they throttled both, so yay to keeping droid output weekly.

I believe they did this because the millions we get from the spate of recent tournaments needed to be absorbed. More tournaments = more infrequent credit heists, IMO.
  • Options
    If people wouldn't play once they maxed everything, why are there so many active whales?

It's a collector game, sure, but most people probably want to actually play with the toons once they've collected them.
  • Options
    slugbahr wrote: »
    If people wouldn't play once they maxed everything, why are there so many active whales?

It's a collector game, sure, but most people probably want to actually play with the toons once they've collected them.

That's fair. I'm just trying offer thoughts on the subject, make the odd suggestion here or there.
    What makes it seem unfair is that the training droids drop weekly, but the credit heist is 9-12 days. It's this discrepancy that drives me nuts.

So if they were more stringent on training droids, creating a little bit of a crunch there so that you couldn't level everyone up even with all the credits in the world, it would be okay? (not sarcastic)

If I didn't have 20 million credits worth of training droids sitting around waiting for credits, I wouldn't notice the lack of credits every time I go to level a toon. But I have them, so I do.

I know this is a First-World problem, I'm just explaining the perception of throttling one ... feeling is Unfair. Reality/Logic is I have all the Training Droids I need, so I'm still better off than if they throttled both, so yay to keeping droid output weekly.

I believe they did this because the millions we get from the spate of recent tournaments needed to be absorbed. More tournaments = more infrequent credit heists, IMO.

I disagree about tournaments and credit heists personally, I don't believe their frequency is related to each other (other than maybe not having a heist on a tournament day, though I have no idea if that is a constraint or not). I do agree that it's easy to take what we have for granted and even let it color our perceptions of other things (since we don't have those in as much abundance). Intentional realization/acceptance is necessary at some point, I think.
  • Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    He counter starts one day AFTER the previous heist. So technically, Thursday 12/1 is day 1. Tuesday 12/13 is day 12. We'll be getting it Tuesday.

actually since it can't appear on weekends and those days don't count from what ive seen, day 12 would be the 19th........ but not too sure how the stupid no heist weekends works with those days counting or not

but from one of the last heist i would say weekends dont count
  • Options
    weekends do count or else there would have been many more than the one case of >12 days between heists.
  • Options
    They need to make credit heist weekly this is nonsense. They also need to fix the abysmal drop rates on mods. This has went on long enough. FIX IT

this ^

honestly who can even farm mods anymore? i've never really been able to seriously farm mods since they've been released because there is always something else that needs cantina energy, and of course with character after character being added to cantina nodes it makes it very difficult to farm mods, and even if a player can farm mods, there is an abysmal chance they'll even get anything half decent

mods so far are the biggest fiasco in this game, it no longer matters what characters you have, only what mods you have, and that completely goes against what I thought this game was supposed to be about
  • Options
    Realistically, they should make it weekly just to avoid the confusion (could still be a random day of the week) and frustration that is caused by skipping a week because it's a 12 day cycle.

It really doesn't matter that it's free credits. There's a real frustration caused by missing a week. To avoid that real frustration, just make it weekly.

This was introduced to be a nice way to get a good chunk of money to help bump you up every once in a while. The problem is now we are beginning to see stockpiles of things we can't do anything with and it's creating an obvious pain point (versus one week you're out of droids, and another you're out of credits, and another you're looking for gear).

If we didn't have the heist it would be even more pronounced how bad the distribution of rewards is in this game.

BTW, I've never gone above 2.5 on the highest tier, but I have received 1.5x2 one time and 1.5x1 another two times. So, yay.
  • Options
    Sarryen wrote: »
    @Mageduckey if we take your numbers as a basis then it actually highlights the problem. We have close to a hundred characters in the game right now, and to be competitive in arena, GW, and both raids you probably need at least 20-30 characters at max level. That will take almost a year!

+1 The game is becoming boring simply due to the fact that I have run into a wall in so many different places. They increase the amount of characters, frequency of adding new characters as of late, introduce an entirely new raid, introduce new gear needed and increase the character levels yet it sure feels like they have decreased the frequency of the credit heists along with the drop rates and have not raised the rewards for these credit heists since introducing all of these things. I went 0 for 11 today trying to get a green piece of gear. That's not fun at all.

You can try and say that people aren't budgeting their credits but if you are trying to even just tread water with all of the new introductions by keeping your squads up to par for each of these new additions to the game then you are never going to have a credit amount even remotely close to what is needed to progress.

• Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    +1 torch and pitchfork. Irritated about 12 day credit heist schedule. It needs to be weekly.

yup they have no issues getting the training droid heist once a week almost allways on a tuesday
  • MetxChris
    112 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    He counter starts one day AFTER the previous heist. So technically, Thursday 12/1 is day 1. Tuesday 12/13 is day 12. We'll be getting it Tuesday.

This isn't how counting works. If something occurs every one day, then it occurs every day. As per your logic, an every day event would occur every other day.

Likewise, every 6-12 days means every 6-12 days (and sometimes 13); the counter starts at zero days the second the event starts.
  • Slayer2faith
    338 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Just wondering, has anyone even bothered to record when the credit heist has occurred in the last, say, 2 months? Without hard facts, a lot of this (and other threads of similar theme) are just rumor/hearsay based on anecdotal evidence that could quite likely be inaccurate. Let's maybe not burn the place down until we have actual facts to go off of?

Well actually I've written down Every Heist & Droid event since their inception & they have certainly dried up of late. I took a photo but don't know how to post it here. Since Oct 4 there's been 7 Heists & 10 Droid Smuggling. Heist: 4 Oct +7 days 11 Oct plus 10 days 21 Oct plus 7 days 28 Oct plus 13 days 10 Nov plus 11 days 21 Nov plus 9 days 30 Nov. Australian start dates. There was never a week missed until week beginning 30 Oct. Also none on week 14 Oct. And last week starting 5 Dec also none.

[Edited multiple posts together]
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    +1 torch and pitchfork. Irritated about 12 day credit heist schedule. It needs to be weekly.

yup they have no issues getting the training droid heist once a week almost allways on a tuesday

Yes 6 out of the 15 Droid events have been a Tues.
  • Options

this ^

honestly who can even farm mods anymore? i've never really been able to seriously farm mods since they've been released because there is always something else that needs cantina energy, and of course with character after character being added to cantina nodes it makes it very difficult to farm mods, and even if a player can farm mods, there is an abysmal chance they'll even get anything half decent

mods so far are the biggest fiasco in this game, it no longer matters what characters you have, only what mods you have, and that completely goes against what I thought this game was supposed to be about

I couldn't agree more. Especially the last part about mods being a fiasco.
  • Options
    Tournament starts next week. Doubt we see credit heist. It never shows up the week of a tournament.
  • Options
    I have yet to see another game where the devs do everything possible to **** off their player base more than this game. I stop spending back in August after the many lies and will not spend again until I see actual game improvements.
  • Options
    Gankak wrote: »
    I have yet to see another game where the devs do everything possible to **** off their player base more than this game. I stop spending back in August after the many lies and will not spend again until I see actual game improvements.

and yet, you still play...so devs must be doing something right :-)
  • Options
    Seriously... this is rediculous. I shouldn't be held back by the most basic of resource needs.
  • Options
    Gankak wrote: »

Star Trek Timelines. Those devs make these one's seem downright generous and responsive.
  • Options

this ^

Totally agree, i hope @CG_Kozispoon see that :)