Replies

• Options
    Please make credit heist every week
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Shax wrote: »
    Mageduckey wrote: »
    Recently hit level 70 and consequently have started to really feel the credit crunch as I expand my roster to more than just arena team (aka Jawas for crit damage mod challenge and pilots), and yes, I know it gets worse at 80+. But if we had a credit heist every week, especially when it can pay out, what, 5-20mil at the highest level (again, recent 70 so not sure what the top tier gives), pretty soon the only thing we'd have to spend credits on are mods. Everything else would be able to be maxed. That's not good for the longevity of a collector-oriented game like this. If people run out of stuff to acquire/achieve they're more likely to leave, resulting in lost revenue. It would also put a higher strain on the content team to develop and push out more characters, events, etc., which might result in less quality than what we want from those things. Just some thoughts.

What if the credit heist were every week (on a random day), but the rewards were halved (or reduced in some way)? So you'd be getting the same rewards as now (if it is indeed 10+ day average, which we currently have no proof of in the thread), but in smaller payouts more frequently. It would result in the same credit crunch (which is necessary), but people would at least have an event to look forward to. Plus it might help prevent binge spending since you won't be receiving as much all at once.

It costs 6.3 million to train a single character to level 85
    It costs around 2 million to 7* it
    It will cost at least 2 million to upgrade a mod set for that character
    Grand total is 10.3 million per character not taking into account abilities and gear crafts

Credit heist can pay between 5-20 million however I've never seen a payout higher then 5M and think it's reasonable to assume that the chance of getting any more then 5 million is extremely small.

With a 12 day CH rotation there is approximatly 2.5 credit heists a month giving aproximatly 12.5 million a month, which is about what you need to get a single character to max level. Note that this is assuming you already have all the shards and gear.

Now, how many months will it take to level every single character in the game by credit heist alone?
    How about all the new characters that a being introduced? I think the risk of the player base "maxing everything" is approaching zero.

Ita not a 12 day CH rotation
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    Nope, it's random between 6 and 12 days. For my math I went with 12 days simply to show worst case scenario, but we're definitely far from that. :)
  • Mr_Eel
    124 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I think a lot of players have one of two problems: they have stockholm syndrome and defend bad decisions, or they're below 85 and not playing the real game. News flash! We're customers. Customers have the right to demand more from businesses that short them consistently. If they doubled the credits we get, it still wouldn't be even close to enough credits to significantly level mods and characters in the same month.

An improvement is way overdue. We're barely getting more credits than at level 70, with three times as much that needs leveled. F2p'ers don't really have enough characters to understand the depth of the issue, and anyone below 85 doesn't understand the full range of things that are absolutely needed until they get to max.
  • Options
    Mr_Eel wrote: »
    News flash! We're customers. Customers have the right to demand more from businesses that short them consistently.

There is a saying that if you aren't paying for a free game or service, you aren't the customer, you are the product. Unfortunately EA/CG seem to mostly treat their paying customers as product also.

• Options
    I think a lot of players have one of two problems: they have stockholm syndrome and defend bad decisions, or they're below 85 and not playing the real game. News flash! We're customers. Customers have the right to demand more from businesses that short them consistently. If they doubled the credits we get, it still wouldn't be even close to enough credits to significantly level mods and characters in the same month.

An improvement is way overdue. We're barely getting more credits than at level 70, with three times as much that needs leveled. F2p'ers don't really have enough characters to understand the depth of the issue, and anyone below 85 doesn't understand the full range of things that are absolutely needed until they get to max.

I agree 100%. We are customers and we do have the right to voice our opinion and call the business out if we feel that it's justified. I am really struggling to see EAs "Players first" culture either in game or especially on these forums.

It can't be disputed that the cost of "living" in game has increased while the average income has decreased due to longer periods between credit heists. The credits packs are still being sold for crystal, so there is only one single avenue to correct the deficit. We can all draw our conclusions from that.
  • JPBrunel
    821 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    J0K3R wrote: »
    Recently hit level 70 and consequently have started to really feel the credit crunch as I expand my roster to more than just arena team (aka Jawas for crit damage mod challenge and pilots), and yes, I know it gets worse at 80+. But if we had a credit heist every week, especially when it can pay out, what, 5-20mil at the highest level (again, recent 70 so not sure what the top tier gives), pretty soon the only thing we'd have to spend credits on are mods. Everything else would be able to be maxed. That's not good for the longevity of a collector-oriented game like this. If people run out of stuff to acquire/achieve they're more likely to leave, resulting in lost revenue. It would also put a higher strain on the content team to develop and push out more characters, events, etc., which might result in less quality than what we want from those things. Just some thoughts.

What if the credit heist were every week (on a random day), but the rewards were halved (or reduced in some way)? So you'd be getting the same rewards as now (if it is indeed 10+ day average, which we currently have no proof of in the thread), but in smaller payouts more frequently. It would result in the same credit crunch (which is necessary), but people would at least have an event to look forward to. Plus it might help prevent binge spending since you won't be receiving as much all at once.

Grand total is 10.3 million per character not taking into account abilities and gear crafts

Credit heist can pay between 5-20 million however I've never seen a payout higher then 5M and think it's reasonable to assume that the chance of getting any more then 5 million is extremely small.

With a 12 day CH rotation there is approximatly 2.5 credit heists a month giving aproximatly 12.5 million a month, which is about what you need to get a single character to max level. Note that this is assuming you already have all the shards and gear.

Now, how many months will it take to level every single character in the game by credit heist alone?
    How about all the new characters that a being introduced? I think the risk of the player base "maxing everything" is approaching zero.

@J0K3R
    Maybe not officially, but it kind of feels like it sometimes... More like 9-12 days in reality, unless it decides to go rogue and go on a 13 day rotation, which, as you no doubt know, has happened before...
  • Options
    Hey guys, they want to see it weekly, somewhere between 12 and 13 days.

The mathematician on the team miscalculated how good the credit heist was helping out. What would make you more upset? Credit heist with less payout or less credit heists? Either way, as long as all users are in the same sphere of equality then I can't complain. (but is this game fair for everyone?)
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    +1 torch and pitchfork. Irritated about 12 day credit heist schedule. It needs to be weekly.

Credit Heist and Droid Smuggling Every Sunday!!!!

Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Options

I understand what you're saying about the customer, but we all aren't customers in the traditional sense. A large portion of the people don't pay for anything in the game and never will. From your comments you seem to be p2p. That's great. But keep in mind a lot of people are not and ea, in order for this game to survive, has to figure out ways to get f2p to become p2p. A credit shortage just may do that.

Also, I've floated the idea before that maybe the credits we were getting at level 60 (from way back when) were the credits we were supposed to get at upper levels. Meaning, we were getting level 70 or even 80 credits at 60 so that the devs didn't have to go back and adjust it. It's just a thought. It is, however, a counter argument to your comment about barely getting more credits now than at 70.
  • Options
    sying wrote: »

I understand what you're saying about the customer, but we all aren't customers in the traditional sense. A large portion of the people don't pay for anything in the game and never will. From your comments you seem to be p2p. That's great. But keep in mind a lot of people are not and ea, in order for this game to survive, has to figure out ways to get f2p to become p2p. A credit shortage just may do that.

Also, I've floated the idea before that maybe the credits we were getting at level 60 (from way back when) were the credits we were supposed to get at upper levels. Meaning, we were getting level 70 or even 80 credits at 60 so that the devs didn't have to go back and adjust it. It's just a thought. It is, however, a counter argument to your comment about barely getting more credits now than at 70.

Nothing in this world is free. You may not be paying for this game, but you still have value to CG/EA. If you didn't, they wouldn't let you play for free, they are not a charity. You are part of the environment they need to have, to be able to sell the game to the paying players. WIthout you there is no them. There most certainly is a monetary value attached to every single f2p player, so you don't owe them any favours, it's the other way around, even though a lot of people on these forums are of opposite opinion.
  • Options

Level 60 is actually where the credit crunch is at its absolute worst. You are promoting toons to 6 and 7 stars, levelling up five dot mods to go on them, and if the level increase costs aren't as high you are levelling up so much that it more than makes up for it. All of this with 1/4 the payout from credit heists.
  • Options

Level 60 is actually where the credit crunch is at its absolute worst. You are promoting toons to 6 and 7 stars, levelling up five dot mods to go on them, and if the level increase costs aren't as high you are levelling up so much that it more than makes up for it. All of this with 1/4 the payout from credit heists.

I remember 60 quite vividly. I was there all of a week before the increase to 70. I remember learning then to use my resources wisely.

Oh, and we didn't have a credit heist back then either. It was complete GW every day or fall behind.
  • Options
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    J0K3R wrote: »

@J0K3R
    Maybe not officially, but it kind of feels like it sometimes... More like 9-12 days in reality, unless it decides to go rogue and go on a 13 day rotation, which, as you no doubt know, has happened before...

Exactly. It should be advertised as every two weeks, or on a 9-12 day rotation.
  • Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    @J0K3R

But that's not the case - it's on a 6-12 day rotation. Labeling it as 9-12 days would be misleading, especially when the heist shows up earlier than 9 days after the previous one.
  • Options

Nothing in this world is free. You may not be paying for this game, but you still have value to CG/EA. If you didn't, they wouldn't let you play for free, they are not a charity. You are part of the environment they need to have, to be able to sell the game to the paying players. WIthout you there is no them. There most certainly is a monetary value attached to every single f2p player, so you don't owe them any favours, it's the other way around, even though a lot of people on these forums are of opposite opinion.

To be clear, I'm not f2p. I also don't think customers have a right to demand more from businesses just because they want more. Do you demand more every time you open a bag of chips and it's only half to three quarters full? Probably not because you know it's based on weight and you received the proper portion of chips. As far as credits go, ea didn't promise us something and not deliver on it. Other than the one time the credit heist came on day 13. That was a legitimate complaint.
  • Options
    @J0K3R

But that's not the case - it's on a 6-12 day rotation. Labeling it as 9-12 days would be misleading, especially when the heist shows up earlier than 9 days after the previous one.

I would be perfectly fine if I was mislead with a credit heist sooner than expected.
  • Options

To be clear, I'm not f2p. I also don't think customers have a right to demand more from businesses just because they want more. Do you demand more every time you open a bag of chips and it's only half to three quarters full? Probably not because you know it's based on weight and you received the proper portion of chips. As far as credits go, ea didn't promise us something and not deliver on it. Other than the one time the credit heist came on day 13. That was a legitimate complaint.

The amount of air in bagged/canned products is regulated. Further class-action lawsuits have been filed and won against companies for too much air space in packaging because it is misleading to the customer even if a weight is printed on the packaging. So try a different straw man.
  • Mageduckey
    699 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Mullato wrote: »
    @J0K3R

I would be perfectly fine if I was mislead with a credit heist sooner than expected.

I'm sure most people would be. The point remains that it really is a random number of days between 6 and 12; to claim it is 9-12 based on anecdotal evidence is misleading (we've yet to have proof of CH rotation dates so far in this thread).
  • Options
    Maegor wrote: »

The amount of air in bagged/canned products is regulated. Further class-action lawsuits have been filed and won against companies for too much air space in packaging because it is misleading to the customer even if a weight is printed on the packaging. So try a different straw man.

Well, you learn something new every day.

However, you didn't mention that they added more chips. It seems they just reduced air space. Which means, my argument still stands and it's not a straw man either. EA didn't promise something and not deliver. If they do it in 13 days again, then complain. If they say everyone gets 20 million credits every heist, and then gives us the minimum then complain.
  • Options
    Maegor wrote: »

Well, you learn something new every day.

However, you didn't mention that they added more chips. It seems they just reduced air space. Which means, my argument still stands and it's not a straw man either. EA didn't promise something and not deliver. If they do it in 13 days again, then complain. If they say everyone gets 20 million credits every heist, and then gives us the minimum then complain.

They didn't exactly apologize or make it up to us when we had a 13 day gap either. That complaint is still valid.