what is your favorite star war

Prev13
Include Animation, old animation of Star war is very cool, I really like Kit Fisto that version.

But in movie he is just a no-name and not cool as Animation.

IMDB score summary

star war ep1 6.5
star war ep2 6.7
star war ep3 7.6
star war ep4 8.7
star war ep5 8.8
star war ep6 8.4
star war ep7 8.2

Seem ep1-3 is not a star film, fan don't like it much.

Replies

• Options
    I like the Galactic Civil War best
  • Options
    Episode 3 is my favorite episode! My favorite character is Kenobi in-game and in movies.
  • Options
    Empire strikes back all the way
  • Options
    Why 7 is rated so high? And 3rd so low? O_o
  • Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »

That's what I'm saying! TFA is my least favorite, and ROTS is my favorite.
  • Grpeephole303
    1076 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Aknf2001 wrote: »

TFA is your least favorite?

Id have to place TPM in that spot for me. Even though i loved maul
  • Options
    Aknf2001 wrote: »

TFA is your least favorite?

Id have to place TPM in that spot for me. Even though i loved maul

Yeah, I seem to be in the minority of hating TFA :/ And I had low expectations when walking in the theater too. However, this Friday will chance my list ;) #RogueOneHype!!!
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Ok, mine rates are:
    Ep 1. - 6 - too childish
    Ep. 2 - 5 - week scenario
    Ep. 3 - 9 - really great, best from new episodes.
    Ep. 4 - 9 - classic. Here all starts. Still epic
    Ep. 5 - 7 - Not very fun, except Hoth battles...
    Ep. 6 - 9 - Great episode, epic space battle in the end
    Ep. 7 - 4 -
    Scenario almost in every aspect copying 4th episode (Main hero on dusty planet, scavengers with great transport, droids with some plan, vilain persuing it etc.etc. even with death star in the end with X-wing in the tounel...). Very week main vilain - flat, hysterical teenager. Countless number of lucky 'events' and 'coincedences', great controvestity in details, and use of schoolbook of physics only as toilet paper.
  • Options
    This is a Hard call...but I'd have to say ESB.
    Ep1-2 can go digest over a thousand years in a Scarlac.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Empire is objectively a far better movie than anything else in the saga. The prequels are complete garbage and not even worth considering. After empire its 4, 7, and 6.

If you disagree with me and are willing to try to defend the prequels, bring it on. Fight me
  • Options
    Ok, mine rates are:
    Ep 1. - 6 - too childish
    Ep. 2 - 5 - week scenario
    Ep. 6 - 9 - Great episode, epic space battle in the end
    Ep. 7 - 4 -
    Scenario almost in every aspect copying 4th episode (Main hero on dusty planet, scavengers with great transport, droids with some plan, vilain persuing it etc.etc. even with death star in the end with X-wing in the tounel...). Very week main vilain - flat, hysterical teenager. Countless number of lucky 'events' and 'coincedences', great controvestity in details, and use of schoolbook of physics only as toilet paper.

Finally someone else who has the same idea as I do! ESB was my least favorite of the originals (I love ESB but I like ANH and ROTJ more) and hates episode 7 the most. Good list
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Finally someone else who has the same idea as I do! ESB was my least favorite of the originals (I love ESB but I like ANH and ROTJ more) and hates episode 7 the most. Good list

Thanks, pal. Glad to find person holding the same views =)
    Yet, still hope for Rogue One to be good. At least there are no jedi, as I get trailer right...
  • Unimatrix010
    483 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Not trying to fight, we are talking opinions here. But yes episode 1-3 are way better than all the others in my opinion. Yes, Jarjar is annoying and the whole little Ani deal in episode 1 isn't all that exciting.
    But the good far outweighs the bad... The Republic, the Jedi Order, the slowly growing threat of the sith. I enjoy that way more than the boring rebel shenanigans ... To be fair though it's also the age. Those films are ancient - and it starts to show.

Mace Windu, Yoda in action, Darth Maul, Count Dooku all this greatness far outweighs anything the old films have to offer. I still love them of course, but episode 1-3 just win.

That's how I see it anyway.
  • Options
    Phantom Menace
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    [/spoiler]

Empire has more character, personality, originality, and OG star wars material than all of the other movies combined. Everything that makes star wars great comes from empire. You learn what the force is, you meet yoda, lando, and the emperor, it has the first appearance of the Imperial March and lots of other iconic themes, han and leia's relationship is written perfectly, and george lucas had the least amount of involvement. Its genuinely funny without being goofy, it has tension, and the characters have real personality. These are the qualities that make a star wars movie. Its not about how many lightsabers there are, its not about how much cgi crap is crammed into each frame, and its certainly not about undermining the reverence of the force and the jedi order. If thats why you like the prequels, then go watch a michael bay movie. Leave it out of star wars.
  • Options
    Ep. 4 is where its at for me. Remember watching it over and over again back in 80s. New ones i didnt like that much, and almost hated the 7... was watchable until Kylo took the mask of, almost became a steven segal movie then...
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    [/spoiler]

Empire has more character, personality, originality, and OG star wars material than all of the other movies combined. Everything that makes star wars great comes from empire. You learn what the force is, you meet yoda, lando, and the emperor, it has the first appearance of the Imperial March and lots of other iconic themes, han and leia's relationship is written perfectly, and george lucas had the least amount of involvement. Its genuinely funny without being goofy, it has tension, and the characters have real personality. These are the qualities that make a star wars movie. Its not about how many lightsabers there are, its not about how much cgi **** is crammed into each frame, and its certainly not about undermining the reverence of the force and the jedi order. If thats why you like the prequels, then go watch a michael bay movie. Leave it out of star wars.

So true. Somehow 'old' episodes have much better personalities.
  • Options
    PorMestari wrote: »
    Ep. 4 is where its at for me. Remember watching it over and over again back in 80s. New ones i didnt like that much, and almost hated the 7... was watchable until Kylo took the mask of, almost became a steven segal movie then...

I almost wish it had been Steven Seagal beneath the mask. Nothing against the actor that played Kylo, but he's hardly fear inspiring without that mask on. Unless an emo teenager who just won't clean his room is a scary thing to anyone...

Aside from that, I enjoy the movies in this order currently, but it changes depending on my mood.

The Star Wars Christmas Special
    Episode V, Empire Strikes Back
    Episode IV, A New Hope
    Episode VI, Return of the Jedi
    Episode III, Revenge of the Sith
    Episode VII, Force Awakens
    Episode II, Attack of the Clones
    Episode I, The Phantom Menace

• Options
    Love III, hate V (yes, that's right, sorry)
  • Options
    I believe the reason that people hate 7 is bc they just remade 4 5 n 6 into 1
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Love III, hate V (yes, that's right, sorry)
    How and why?
  • Options
    I seriously hate the long and drawn out lightsaber battle of luke v vader on V. just watch it again, then compare it to the obi-wan vs anakin. Nuff said.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    I seriously hate the long and drawn out lightsaber battle of luke v vader on V. just watch it again, then compare it to the obi-wan vs anakin. Nuff said.

The battle between obi-wan and anakin is so long and overstuffed with cheezy visuals, any tension and emotional impact it might have had is completely lost. The lightsaber battles in the original trilogy were fantastic because they didn't rely on cgi to be effective. Any visual effects were used to enhance the emotional and symbolic conflicts lying underneath, not replace them.

The obi/anakin battle had lots of potential and certainly had more emotional impact than anything else in the prequels, but the characters were so underdeveloped and the execution and writing of the sequence was so shoddy, that that potential was lost. The fact that they spent 30 minutes hopping and swinging around some goofy computer generated set piece, just to end by anakin jumping over obi-wan on a tiny hill is incredibly anti-climactic.

Also, whenever they are actually dueling, their technique is so devoid of emotion and obviously rehearsed ahead of time, the only reason you have any idea what they're feeling is because we're explicitly told. In the original trilogy, the character's feelings are shown through their fighting style. When luke confronts vader in cloud city, you can tell how nervous he is from his jumpiness and his short erratic jabs. Compare that to Vader who is cool and confident. He's obviously toying with Luke who has never been in a real duel. The scene is "boring" because its tense and the two characters are testing each other. Its the first time they've met face to face and its a big deal.

• Options
    C_Man101 wrote: »
    I believe the reason that people hate 7 is bc they just remade 4 5 n 6 into 1

For that reason and for Kylo Ren.... The movie was a big disappointment.....
  • Options

The battle between obi-wan and anakin is so long and overstuffed with cheezy visuals, any tension and emotional impact it might have had is completely lost. The lightsaber battles in the original trilogy were fantastic because they didn't rely on cgi to be effective. Any visual effects were used to enhance the emotional and symbolic conflicts lying underneath, not replace them.

The obi/anakin battle had lots of potential and certainly had more emotional impact than anything else in the prequels, but the characters were so underdeveloped and the execution and writing of the sequence was so shoddy, that that potential was lost. The fact that they spent 30 minutes hopping and swinging around some goofy computer generated set piece, just to end by anakin jumping over obi-wan on a tiny hill is incredibly anti-climactic.

Also, whenever they are actually dueling, their technique is so devoid of emotion and obviously rehearsed ahead of time, the only reason you have any idea what they're feeling is because we're explicitly told. In the original trilogy, the character's feelings are shown through their fighting style. When luke confronts vader in cloud city, you can tell how nervous he is from his jumpiness and his short erratic jabs. Compare that to Vader who is cool and confident. He's obviously toying with Luke who has never been in a real duel. The scene is "boring" because its tense and the two characters are testing each other. Its the first time they've met face to face and its a big deal.

Very true! Love your answer.
    Actually I love 'old' duels more too. At the 1-3 episodes they are so... flicker. Lots of waste movements. It looks cool, may be, but it is not a fight, it is dance.
    I love economic fightstyle in old episodes... It is more realistic.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Very true! Love your answer.
    Actually I love 'old' duels more too. At the 1-3 episodes they are so... flicker. Lots of waste movements. It looks cool, may be, but it is not a fight, it is dance.
    I love economic fightstyle in old episodes... It is more realistic.

Glad you agree. I think its important to truly understand what made the original star wars movies so great and iconic. If we lose sight of that, then the movies are going to become flat and uninspired and become undistinguishable from every other $200 million blockbuster.
  • Options

I need to respectfully disagree there. IMO Ep. V isn't "bad" per se, just that it's not as good. Not that I'm defending Ep. 1 (which sucks, imo) but Ep. V is kinda...well...drawn out. The first 30 mins (Hoth, with the wampa and everything) was just done to cover up for Hamill's injury. And the last 30 mins (Bespin) has a ton of plot holes. For example, why does vader need to freeze Luke?? Why can't he just capture him, since Luke is by far weaker than him?

Also the twin plot lines is a little unrealistic (okay, maybe I'm nitpicking). The Han/Leia line looks as though it happens over maybe a week? while Luke's training should take tons of time. So either Luke takes a week to become a jedi, or Han and Leia are stuck in a slug for days??

That's just my opinion, feel free to disagree
  • Options

I need to respectfully disagree there. IMO Ep. V isn't "bad" per se, just that it's not as good. Not that I'm defending Ep. 1 (which sucks, imo) but Ep. V is kinda...well...drawn out. The first 30 mins (Hoth, with the wampa and everything) was just done to cover up for Hamill's injury. And the last 30 mins (Bespin) has a ton of plot holes. For example, why does vader need to freeze Luke?? Why can't he just capture him, since Luke is by far weaker than him?

Also the twin plot lines is a little unrealistic (okay, maybe I'm nitpicking). The Han/Leia line looks as though it happens over maybe a week? while Luke's training should take tons of time. So either Luke takes a week to become a jedi, or Han and Leia are stuck in a slug for days??

That's just my opinion, feel free to disagree

The events on hoth establish several important things. We see how the character's relationships have evolved since the events of episode 4 (this is imperative since they're split up for most of the movie), we are shown how the rebellion is losing against the powerful empire, and we see just how real and tangible the force is (first time seeing telekinesis and force ghosts). What's great about all this is that instead of telling us these things (like the prequels do), we are shown.

Regarding luke's training, while it may not perfectly line up with everything going on with han/leia, we know that the training was cut short. Luke never finished his training (he barely learned how to use the force) and left dagobah before he was ready. When luke arrives at bespin, he is not a true jedi. He is woefully unprepared and has not trained anywhere near as long as he needed to.

Now im just speculating about vader's means for subduing luke, but im assuming it would be far easier to transport a frozen luke to the emperor than a luke thats kicking and screaming. Also i think Vader let his curiosity of his son get in the way of his judgement. As i stated earlier, this is the first time the two characters have met and they're testing each other. Vader wants to see what his son is capable of and what he learned from his old master, obi-wan. Because of this, Vader messed up. By letting his emotion cloud his judgement, he let luke slip away.

I'd like to make a note that any plot holes in Empire pale in comparison to those in the prequels.
  • Options
    Empire Strikes Back
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    Options
    Empire Strikes Back as well, it is the movie that trully establish Vador as a bad ****. Otherwise, he wouldn't be such a terrible villain.