what is your favorite star war

13Next

Replies

• Options
    MilMuertes wrote: »
    Empire. Empire had the better ending. Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Hans frozen and taken away from Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All Jedi has was a bunch of muppets.

I'm surprised it took someone so long to pull this out. Well played friend, well played.

Thank you sir!
  • Options
    I dig it all
    Saw star wars back in 77 at the drive in sitting on top of a camper.
    Saw empire during winter time attheater.
    Saw return of the Jedi and snuck in a tape recorder.
    Saw episode 1 in the Florida keys and almost whooped some kids butts and instead got them kicked out along with their parents.
    Saw ep 2 in Austin tx. Can't remember much of it.
    Saw ep3 again can't remember much of it.
    Went last night to rogue one and had to get up to pee about 5 times (bad kidneys).
    Loved them all from the comics to expanded universe to cartoons and video games.
    Even have my legs inked star wars and drink coffee from an empire mug.
  • Options
    Well after seeing Rogue One i need to correct my list:
    1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. Rogue One
    3. A New Hope
    4. Phantom Menace
    5. Return of the Jedi
    6. Revenge of the Sith
    7. The Force Awakens
    8. The Clone Wars
    9. Attack of the Clones
  • Options
    Holiday specia, because it's so bad I can't sit next each the whole thing so it's always fresh.
  • Options
    Personally I like ROTS, ROTJ and TFA the best (not sure which order) while ESB sits around the bottom of my list for the reasons below:
    The battles aren't good enough for me and compared to the prequels, the clone wars, ROTJ and rouge one. Literally every lightsaber duel in the OT except Luke vs Vader in ROTJ feels really slow and like there is nothing on the line, and it looks like they are pretty much just weakly waving sticks at each other.
    The whole bit about yoda and the force while important to the saga, bores me to death and I skip it everytime I watch the movie.
    It feels like character development is pretty much non-existent until they get to bespin with that whole 'Luke I am your father', but due to Vader having zero character development before this moment makes it pretty meh in my opinion. I like my villains to have good character development and to not nessacerily always just be mindless walking machines of death, like Vader was in ANH and 85% of ESB. I like villains to have a bit more of a human side that while usually suppressed, is shown to us at some point, and for Vader I feel this only happened when he killed the emperor in ROTJ and as Anakin in ROTS and the clone wars TV series.
    And then of course we are introduced to the most overrated character in Star Wars history: Boba Fett. This guy basiclly stood there and did nothing in ESB, and in ROTJ Luke disarmed him easily and then he died to a blind Han (unless you believe the theory where he survived, but still). Other bounty hunters such as Cad Bane are so much better: Cad broke into the Jedi temple and stole a holocron, he took the entire galactic senate hostage, he kidnapped and almost got away with Chancellor Palpatine aka the future Emperor and he was able to go toe to toe in a fight with Jedi masters such as Obi Wan. Cad Bane is pretty much what Boba Fett should have been, so if anything he needs a rework. Even after his rework, Boba is still no threat to my empire team, so I kill him last.

• Options
    Ky10Ren wrote: »
    Personally I like ROTS, ROTJ and TFA the best (not sure which order) while ESB sits around the bottom of my list for the reasons below:
    The battles aren't good enough for me and compared to the prequels, the clone wars, ROTJ and rouge one. Literally every lightsaber duel in the OT except Luke vs Vader in ROTJ feels really slow and like there is nothing on the line, and it looks like they are pretty much just weakly waving sticks at each other.
    The whole bit about yoda and the force while important to the saga, bores me to death and I skip it everytime I watch the movie.
    It feels like character development is pretty much non-existent until they get to bespin with that whole 'Luke I am your father', but due to Vader having zero character development before this moment makes it pretty meh in my opinion. I like my villains to have good character development and to not nessacerily always just be mindless walking machines of death, like Vader was in ANH and 85% of ESB. I like villains to have a bit more of a human side that while usually suppressed, is shown to us at some point, and for Vader I feel this only happened when he killed the emperor in ROTJ and as Anakin in ROTS and the clone wars TV series.
    And then of course we are introduced to the most overrated character in Star Wars history: Boba Fett. This guy basiclly stood there and did nothing in ESB, and in ROTJ Luke disarmed him easily and then he died to a blind Han (unless you believe the theory where he survived, but still). Other bounty hunters such as Cad Bane are so much better: Cad broke into the Jedi temple and stole a holocron, he took the entire galactic senate hostage, he kidnapped and almost got away with Chancellor Palpatine aka the future Emperor and he was able to go toe to toe in a fight with Jedi masters such as Obi Wan. Cad Bane is pretty much what Boba Fett should have been, so if anything he needs a rework. Even after his rework, Boba is still no threat to my empire team, so I kill him last.

Hold your horses there, you simply can't compare one or two movies to an entire TV-show, no matter how much I'd like to agree. The Clone Wars had all the time in the world, even better, its sole purpose was to expand the backstory and connect the prequels to the original trilogy.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Ky10Ren wrote: »

I'm so happy my dad made me watch the original trilogy before I saw the Prequels. There is so much wrong here.
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Haven't seen much of TCW series (I remember the original cartoons though and I loved them, especially the ones with the ARC Troopers), but my favorite is ESB with TFA coming a close second. Despite my high hopes for it, Rogue One was a disappointment and ranks just a bit higher than Episodes I and II. So if I were to make a ranking, it'd look like this:
    1. ESB
    2. TFA
    3. ANH
    4. RotJ
    5. RotS
    6. R1
    7. TPM
    8. AotC
  • Options
    Yesterday watched R1.
    It is simply WOW! I've rarely experienced such emotions, but that film really forced me...
    I am old fug, I presume. Really great.
    I would really place this firm on top of even original trilogy.
    So many small details for me. Very few mistakes or inaccuracies... THAT's what I wanted from TFA...
  • Options
    @HanSolo141 look up the best of SW Rebels, it gets really really good at times. The Ahsoka-Vader double episode (can't say more cuz spoilers) is off the charts, ESB levels of amazing.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride