what is your favorite star war

Replies

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    If I am honest with myself, I like Episode 1 the least but I do like them all. The thing about episode one is the Maul battle is one of the best battles in all of star wars, made even better by the music. "Duel of the Fates" is one of my favorite pieces from all of Star Wars.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    Options
    Episode 2!
  • Options
    Empire strikes back. Hands down. Not only the best Star Wars episode, but one of the best films in history.
  • Carbonari
    676 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    1. Empire
    2. Star Wars: Episode IV
    3. RoTJ
    4. Star Wars: Rebels
    5. The Force Awakens
    6. Star Wars: The Clone Wars

The prequels barely deserve a mention, but episode 1 and 2 rank just below the Christmas special, with episode 3, which vaguely resembles a movie, coming in third-to-last.

• Options
    Clone wars has best material and storylines. Movie ranks are debateable, except 1 and 2, they are not good movies but do have some awesome parts.
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    If I am honest with myself, I like Episode 1 the least but I do like them all. The thing about episode one is the Maul battle is one of the best battles in all of star wars, made even better by the music. "Duel of the Fates" is one of my favorite pieces from all of Star Wars.

It's a good battle but it's more of a dance than a fight. I would put savage and maul fight vs sidious way above that one from clone wars.
  • Options
    TFA
  • Options
    Reminds me of that HIMYM episode when they talk about how you can tell someone's age based on their opinion of ewoks.

Younger people are going to have a more favorable opinion of the the prequels and older people will hate them.

My feelings match IMDB but they severely overrated EP 1 and 2.

Cinema people will always rank Empire Strikes Back as the best made movie. New Hope is a classic but Empire is a masterpiece in cinema.
  • Options
    The Clone Wars

You'd think it's just a cartoon, but it has so many meaningful moments and stories.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    1. Revenge of the Sith
    2. Attack of the clones
    3. Empire Strikes Back
    4. The Phantom Menace
    5. Return of the Jedi
    6. A New Hope
    7. Clone Wars TV Show

And The Force Awakens was a terrible attempt at a remake just to please fans of the orginal trilogy.
  • Options
    Carbonari wrote: »
    1. Empire
    2. Star Wars: Episode IV
    3. RoTJ
    4. Star Wars: Rebels
    5. The Force Awakens
    6. Star Wars: The Clone Wars

The prequels barely deserve a mention, but episode 1 and 2 rank just below the Christmas special, with episode 3, which vaguely resembles a movie, coming in third-to-last.

LOL @ putting Rebels over Clone Wars
  • Options
    Ep3 has to be my favorite.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »

It's a good battle but it's more of a dance than a fight. I would put savage and maul fight vs sidious way above that one from clone wars.

I wasn't even thinking about TCW or Rebels to be honest. My mind was just focused on the films. That said, I completely agree with you there. That fight was awesome.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    1. Empire Strikes back obviously
    2. Then A New Hope and here's the shocker
    3. Phantom Menace. Maul and Quiggon make Jar Jar bearable and kid Anakin was a better actor than Haydon, just because you are too subjective to accept Vader was a child at one point doesn't mean the movie is bad. And the people that hate on the podrace....thats like saying you like the kissing scenesbest in fast and furious.
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. TFA
    6. Revenge of the Sith
    7. The Clone Wars. Asajj!!!!
    8. Attack of the clones. Everytime i watch it i like it less and less
  • Options
    Everyone has a different ranking, which is cool because it shows how diverse SW fans are!

My own list goes something like:
    1-Empire
    2-ROTJ
    3-Clone Wars TV series- certain episodes are really, REALLY good. there are entire threads in OT to guide you to the right ones. That being said, maybe 1/5 of them are not worth watching
    4-New Hope
    5-ROTS
    6-Phantom Menace
    7-Clone Wars TV series, any 'unwatchable' episodes, including the Clone Wars movie in here too.
    8- Attack of the Clones
    9-Holiday Special

Oh wait...
    Jooky wrote: »
    Include Animation, old animation of Star war is very cool, I really like Kit Fisto that version.

Okay, uh, I guess I'd rank the 'Droids' cartoon series somewhere between episode 2 and the Holiday Special. The Ewoks cartoon was slightly worse than Droids, but still nowhere near the cinematic nadir that is HS. Except for the episode when Logray fought that Magma witch thing. That was only slightly worse than phantom menace. Can't comment on the Rebels series or the Ewok 'Caravan of Courage' movies because I haven't seen them yet. Reserving judgment, although Rebels looks like it's fairly good.
    200?cb=20060514190257

• Options
    Aknf2001 wrote: »
    I like the Galactic Civil War best
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Why 7 is rated so high? And 3rd so low? O_o

That's what I'm saying! TFA is my least favorite, and ROTS is my favorite.

TFA is your least favorite?

Id have to place TPM in that spot for me. Even though i loved maul

Yeah, I seem to be in the minority of hating TFA :/ And I had low expectations when walking in the theater too. However, this Friday will chance my list ;) #RogueOneHype!!!

You are not in the minority my friend. TFA is without a doubt the worst Star Wars movie ever. Complete nostalgic trash from beginning to end. Aside from Phasma, I refuse to use any character from that movie. Hopefully Rogue One is good. I really really really hope it is good.

Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Options
    This is the point where you very indignantly say "omg the best star wars movie ever was "The Wrath of Khan" in all caps, totally serious like, and then defend it to the death no matter how much proof people throw at you, pictures, videos, testimonials by actors/directors etc.

Or the guy who goes to the opening day of "The Force Awakens" in a T-shirt that says "No 1 Star Wars Fan!" and its a picture of the original Enterprise.

Ahhhh good times, good times.
  • Options

Yeah, I seem to be in the minority of hating TFA :/ And I had low expectations when walking in the theater too. However, this Friday will chance my list ;) #RogueOneHype!!!

You are not in the minority my friend. TFA is without a doubt the worst Star Wars movie ever. Complete nostalgic trash from beginning to end. Aside from Phasma, I refuse to use any character from that movie. Hopefully Rogue One is good. I really really really hope it is good.

I understand the dislike toward the movie for the vast amount of similarities it had to A New Hope, but as it was not made for the prequel or OT fans but the new fans it should be looked at in that light. None of the acting was as poor as episodes 2&3, the script beat all three prequels and the Clone Wars animated feature film. Starkiller base was an homage to the EU. While I think the Rathtars were by far the worst star wars creature ever conceived, it isn't enough. Objectively it was good. Not great and not bad just good. So I dont understand the supreme hate it gets. Hate on the prequels I get. The ewok generation couldnt bear JAr Jar or Haydon's despicable acting skills. And the scripts for episodes 2&3 were meh. But I dont see hate on tfa as rational. Please explain.
  • Options
    Empire. Empire had the better ending. Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Hans frozen and taken away from Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All Jedi has was a bunch of muppets.
  • Options
    I would categorize the Star Wars movies into three categories: The Greats, Could have been better, Burn with fire

The Greats:
    A New Hope - Classic. Without this movie there would be no Star Wars. Give it its due.
    Empire Strikes Back - One of the best movies ever made. It's hard to argue that it is not the best Star Wars movie Period.

Could have been better:
    Revenge of the Sith - It has everything fans wanted to see in the Clone Wars, but it feels rushed. It easily could have been 2 separate movies.
    Return of the Jedi - I love this movie, but the third act does suffer from those ewoks. It would have been so much better with Wookies.
    The Force Awakens - Very much a proof of concept. It cribbed a lot of plot points from the OT. I have a feeling Ep.8 will either redeem it as the beginning of a new era, or condemn it as an unoriginal ripoff.

Burnit with fire:
    Attack of the Clones - the first 2/3 are boring or cringey with the love affair plot. Things only pick up in the last 1/3, and even then RotS makes it feel extraneous.
    The Phantom Menace - A festering bowl of dog snot. It's telling that you can skip this movie and miss nothing plot wise while watching the saga as a whole.
  • Options
    MilMuertes wrote: »
    Empire. Empire had the better ending. Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Hans frozen and taken away from Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All Jedi has was a bunch of muppets.

I'm surprised it took someone so long to pull this out. Well played friend, well played.
  • Options
    DarthLucaz wrote: »

I understand the dislike toward the movie for the vast amount of similarities it had to A New Hope, but as it was not made for the prequel or OT fans but the new fans it should be looked at in that light. None of the acting was as poor as episodes 2&3, the script beat all three prequels and the Clone Wars animated feature film. Starkiller base was an homage to the EU. While I think the Rathtars were by far the worst star wars creature ever conceived, it isn't enough. Objectively it was good. Not great and not bad just good. So I dont understand the supreme hate it gets. Hate on the prequels I get. The ewok generation couldnt bear JAr Jar or Haydon's despicable acting skills. And the scripts for episodes 2&3 were meh. But I dont see hate on tfa as rational. Please explain.

Part of why I hate it, is that the movie had the potential to be amazing. I don't care about what new fans thought of it. It was the 7th installment of a revered franchise. It needs to be amazing to even be average. That aside, it has the most disappointing plot ever. It had 30 or so years to rebuild a new Jedi order with Luke as the Jedi grandmaster we had all been hoping to see. What do we get? A single glimpse of a fat failure of a Jedi hermit. We get a galaxy that has not progressed whatsoever since the destruction of the Death Star. You're telling me that the Rebellion/Resistance has neither won or lost yet? They've maintained a status quo of a war for 30 years with nothing to show for it. It just seemed like whoever wrote the story was too scared to branch out and take Star Wars to an entire new phase of a story. Instead they kept it in the confines of the same old comfort zone of the original trilogy. Not that the orginal trilogy was bad, but you've got to progress from there. Okay rant over. I could keep going, but it would be time consuming. Just my opinion on the matter.
  • Options

Part of why I hate it, is that the movie had the potential to be amazing. I don't care about what new fans thought of it. It was the 7th installment of a revered franchise. It needs to be amazing to even be average. That aside, it has the most disappointing plot ever. It had 30 or so years to rebuild a new Jedi order with Luke as the Jedi grandmaster we had all been hoping to see. What do we get? A single glimpse of a fat failure of a Jedi hermit. We get a galaxy that has not progressed whatsoever since the destruction of the Death Star. You're telling me that the Rebellion/Resistance has neither won or lost yet? They've maintained a status quo of a war for 30 years with nothing to show for it. It just seemed like whoever wrote the story was too scared to branch out and take Star Wars to an entire new phase of a story. Instead they kept it in the confines of the same old comfort zone of the original trilogy. Not that the orginal trilogy was bad, but you've got to progress from there. Okay rant over. I could keep going, but it would be time consuming. Just my opinion on the matter.

Except the Rebellion did win. They created the New Republic, and pushed the Imperial Remnant into the unknown regions where it created the First Order. Luke did create a new Jedi order but it was destroyed by the Knights of Ren, led by his nephew which pushed him into exile.
  • Options
    Palinmaz wrote: »

Except the Rebellion did win. They created the New Republic, and pushed the Imperial Remnant into the unknown regions where it created the First Order. Luke did create a new Jedi order but it was destroyed by the Knights of Ren, led by his nephew which pushed him into exile.

Hmmmm, that sounds like a good movie. Wish that's what they had given us. You're making my point for me.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Jooky wrote: »
    Include Animation, old animation of Star war is very cool, I really like Kit Fisto that version.

But in movie he is just a no-name and not cool as Animation.

IMDB score summary

star war ep1 6.5
    star war ep2 6.7
    star war ep3 7.6
    star war ep4 8.7
    star war ep5 8.8
    star war ep6 8.4
    star war ep7 8.2

Seem ep1-3 is not a star film, fan don't like it much.

From the standpoint of reading the books and ignoring the poor acting on 1 - 3, it's a very close tie between 3 and 5 for me. The storyline of 5 was awesome and one of the largest plot twists in the history of film. There's also some cool tidbits in the book that aren't in the movie. But ep3 is very cool because you see the culmination of Palpatine's plan with how the Empire came to be and of course Anakin becoming Vader which I'd been wanting to see since 1983. Yes I'm old and saw ROTJ in the theater as a kid. LOL
  • Options
    I saw someone talking about people hating on the pod race from The Phantom Menace.

That is actually the only bit of movie worth of making it to cinemas. It had better racing than all legit racing films made up to that point in time combined. Seriously.

Wait, no, all of them minus Le Mans, but that's almost a documentary.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    I saw someone talking about people hating on the pod race from The Phantom Menace.

That is actually the only bit of movie worth of making it to cinemas. It had better racing than all legit racing films made up to that point in time combined. Seriously.

Wait, no, all of them minus Le Mans, but that's almost a documentary.

Um?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D7w4x3S2lag
  • Options
    Palinmaz wrote: »

Hmmmm, that sounds like a good movie. Wish that's what they had given us. You're making my point for me.

Yeah a Star Wars 6.5 movie wouldve been better. They chose an odd time to start the new trilogy at. They had an obligation to make it feel like star wars. They succeeded at making it feel right, to the point where it is too star wars. They also had an obligation to EU fans to keep some aspects of post RotJ content. There are abundent homages to EU stories. Starkiller base and the Maw installation and the Suncrusher concept. Han dying instead of chewie like in the EU.
    The thing that frustrates me about criticism for TFA from the nostalgia standpointis that it isnt fair. I judge every movie as if it is the first of its kind whether or not it actually is. So if one suspends the knowledge of past Star Wars and looks at it from a standalone POV, it is a much better film than it is given credit. It has the feel and look right, it doesnt have any trully terrible characters. You can nitpick, but there is absolutely no kid Anakin or broody teen anakin or jar jar or ewoks. It doesnt barrel flip. It doesnt screem No inappropriatly. It doesnt make Han shoot second.

Bloodlines spoilers.
    The Republic is successful until the revelation To the Galaxy that Vader was Leia and Luke's biological father. This event undermined the integrity of the newly created Senate. Also the new Republic had split similarly to US politics into rival parties the Centrists(democrats) and Populists(republicans) with the Centrist leaders plotting with First Order leadership. Leia had told no one Vader was her Father to this point and it is stated Ben did not know and at the time is training with Luke. This is when Leia forms the resistance with other former Rebellion military leaders.

It is unfortunate that all of this is revealed in a book because most star wars fans are not readers.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Leia had told no one Vader was her Father to this point and it is stated Ben did not know and at the time is training with Luke

Ehhhmmm, sorry, have you watched ep. 5? Place just in case I will place my argument in spoiler section:
    It was Obi-Wan who told Luke Leia was his sister. They both new: Yoda and Ben.
  • Options
    Leia had told no one Vader was her Father to this point and it is stated Ben did not know and at the time is training with Luke

Ehhhmmm, sorry, have you watched ep. 5? Place just in case I will place my argument in spoiler section:
    It was Obi-Wan who told Luke Leia was his sister. They both new: Yoda and Ben.

By no one I meant no one new. And I mean Ben Solo. I dont call obiwan Ben, thats a Leia thing haha.