Making Squad Tournaments Interesting and Fun

Replies

• Options
    Good, i like people like you who think to others
  • Options
    forgot to mention, acolyte is gear 10, bistan and TFP is gear 7, & mob and ugnaught are gear 8
  • Options
    Echo_Base wrote: »
    No refresh Bhaalor. It's a 24hr event.

I thought so, happy to hear that! Thank you!

• Options
    PGisReal wrote: »
    I agree, its a nice update. Unfortunately, the odds of unlocking the toon in a single tournament is almost nil for most people. I've given up on the tournaments and almost to the point of writing the game.

I dumped 10k in ally points and got to the top 500. With in 10 minutes I was back below 1000 and all the teams it is putting me up against are almost impossible to beat.

Man it s a tournament so you compete against other people. If you can t beat them, it s normal you don t get the reward. Focus on building strong teams and your time will come.
  • Options
    Mine still shows Jyn is for top 25 only, do I need to manually update or what?
    This is a signature.
  • Options
    IIRC all previous tournaments for characters awarded the full character + 10 shards for the 26 - 100 range,

Not for the only other 4* tournament we've had, the one for Vader's TIE. That one had no "unlock" for any tier, they simply turned that into shards (based on the previous tournaments 3* unlocks), IE the 100-26 rank was only 60 shards and the next one after that was 80.
  • JohnDoe
    57 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I have already Jyn, bought that Rebel pack.
    So my question is, what place should i aim in this tournament so that i could get him 5*, i need 65 shards for that.
  • Options
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    So my question is, what place should i aim in this tournament so that i could get him 5*, i need 65 shards for that.

Since the unlock only becomes 32 shards, you'd need to be 10th or higher.
  • Options
    JohnDoe wrote: »

Since the unlock only becomes 32 shards, you'd need to be 10th or higher.

Thanks. That kind of sucks.
  • Options
    I edited my OP with a better scenario on why this should be a bigger issue.
  • Options
    They need to add an attack multiplier(x2)at an additional ally point cost to balance out the squad power disparities so peeps can at least compete.I'm stuck in the 300s and with the points drop,it's not worth wasting anymore ally points-even if I do win now,i' m lucky to get 50 points.
  • Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    Really? My battles all look fairly easy even at rank 200, it almost makes me want to try to keep this rank

That's how the first few tournaments were for me, but they're gotten progressively more brutal ever since.
  • Options
    Yeah the match making seems a little off or broken!
    Going up against a difference of +10,000 means no level of Skill or RNG can even come close to a fair fight making competing impossible and only serves to reward players that have uber farmed one squad team whilst excluding more and more players that are not quite at the end game meta and whale levels of the game.
    Iv'e spent time developing and growing multiple teams of toons slowly around the same level not wanting to rush ahead with one OP Arena/Meta team thinking finally a tournament like this would reward having a large diverse set of toons in the tool box, yet again this doesnt seem to be the case as its seems all down to just chasing having that 1 OP squad combo which is sadly starting to suck all the fun out of the game for me.
    If they wanted to make the tournaments actually interesting flip it around so that you select your team of toons first then it try's to match you to a similar power level team you can choose from!
    Would be nice if it was more focused around the individual players squad that you are using at the time. For instance if i selected a low level test team with a power level of only 26,000 it would then scan through and match to a similar powered team i could battle.
    Then if i wanted to break out the big guns and use my more geared toons it would try to match me with a likewise higher power level.
    This way you could go through and use all your toons in your roster and maybe even make it a more fun tournament based around experimenting with all the toons at your disposal rather than people just spamming the same team combos and meta teams over and over in a relentless grind to the top that even those sitting at that sacred number one spot will admit is not exactly the most enjoyable aspect of the game.
  • Options
    The amout of time wasted and resources and I can't even crack top 200 the rewards are deadest crap. 20 shards for a toon for at least 6 hrs of playing time. yeah wont be doing that again. Won't bother anymore. I think they need to spread the rewards more down the list. I mean I spend that much time and effort and I cant even get the toon at its lowest lvl.
  • Options

Mine provides 3-10k higher & nothing else.
    I can't even get a hit in.
    How are your opponents in comparison?
  • Options
    Tournaments is wasting time. **** it!
  • Options
    Maybe I could've enjoyed the tournament had my opponents not all been 3-10k higher than me no matter how often I press refresh.
  • Byakuya
    392 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The next tourmant nightsisters only throw a wrench in things
  • Options
    am I having a stroke or are 90% of the comments totally unrelated to the post
  • Options
    yes it's suck i know.
  • Options
    I have had this problem every tournament.
  • Options
    Same here. It's ridiculous... was already somewhat tired of tournaments, but this has finished it for me
  • Options
    I've never seen one person supporting this kind of event. After the upgrade it is less boring (24h duration), yet the model of the tournament is not that good.
    This system of reward don't incentivate people to farm other specific toons (as Yoda and Palp), only increasing the demand of the meta squads. It also increases the gap between the players, giving shard of awesome meta characters to few people. It's really estressing too, you must demand a huge time, and on the case of most people be passed by others during the sleep lol (on my case 71 before sleep, 165 on morning). Maybe I've forgot some important points, but why not create a better system to acquire new characters? So, guys, what do you think about that?

Ps: sorry for the english
  • Options
    As Yoda and palp events*
  • Options
    Well, it is not the first time they do not care.
    At least they make it shorter. Shame I still participated :/ wasted 90k points to fall below 100 :/ hate tournaments
  • ddlooping2
    1047 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I've recently reached level 80 and facing teams that I would normally avoid (or not even see because they'd be top 20) in Arena.
    There are a few exceptions that I can actually beat, but it would require me to use my A team and at least 100k allies points to try and reach anything better than the #1501 - 2500 prize bracket .

Even if I had 100k allies points, I would then not have enough left to make any progress in the next tournament starting Tuesday.
  • Options
    There is literally no chance to reach the top 5/10 ranks in them, even if you literally do nothing.
    You start at rank 15, and even if you destroy 70% or more of the teams you fight, you will still not get out of rank 10-15 due to the whales with a number of meta squads, destroying everyone and ranking in the top 10.

Just picture the tournaments as a giant funnel, where the "liquid" being all the players, just pile up in it.
    The whales being immediately at the bottom.

I honestly feel these tournaments are not fair ways to acquire characters. They look awfully like a front for whales to get the top characters repeatedly and are completely useless for F2P people or occasional P2W people (who buy some crystals here and then).

Here is a good idea for a real tournament
    : Based on your arena power, you are put in a pool of 6-20 teams which need to fight each other to reach the top. If you lose once, you are disqualified. If not, you go to the next level (quarter finals, semi finals, etc). And no matter what, if you reach first place, you get the unlocked character. Of course there is then the decision to make the pvp live or not, live being much better but probably more difficult to manage for the company (connection problems, etc). But I still dont see why it wouldnt work when most games nowadays on consoles/PC have multiplayer with thousands of characters.
  • Options
    Yeap, you are right
  • Options
    Better than Aururium Packs, where non spenders had no chance of getting characters.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    Better than Aururium Packs, where non spenders had no chance of getting characters.

This is like saying shoulder surgery is better than a root canal...both suck.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*