Rogue One Pack Feedback: Reward Results inside.

Replies

• Options
    DarthLucaz wrote: »
    Can I just state a fact that has been true since the beginning of this game: data cards that cost crystals are and always will be geared toward NEW players. They are there so new players can at least have a semblence of hope to keep up. They are not for old players, for players who have the majority of toons, and most of all NOT for whales. They will always bring dissappointment. There is no false advertising only false hope.

The problem with this assertion is that these packs are currently the only source of one particular character (K2SO) for iOS players.

• Options
    Tannjam wrote: »
    Can I just state a fact that has been true since the beginning of this game: data cards that cost crystals are and always will be geared toward NEW players. They are there so new players can at least have a semblence of hope to keep up. They are not for old players, for players who have the majority of toons, and most of all NOT for whales. They will always bring dissappointment. There is no false advertising only false hope.

The problem with this assertion is that these packs are currently the only source of one particular character (K2SO) for iOS players.

And of Chirrut Imwe for all players.
  • Options

In the words of the great and honorable Admiral Ackbar, "It's a trap!" As an ios user I'm well aware, as soon as I saw the pack it tempted me with its chance at K2, but I resisted, because "chance" seems to always mean a chance at being angry.
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Mvnson wrote: »
    Gungnir75 wrote: »
    New toons cost rated $2000 - $6000 usd. If you want the new stuff that is what the price tag now is. Sadly some will pony up that insane amount so it will keep creeping up just like toon power.

To me "and I just may be crazy" it would seem many more players would buy into a new toon for $100-$300 and profits would soar. There is a way of playing that everyone spending should think about - ftp......

I've always been very supportive of the game with my voice and my wallet, it makes me a bit sad to feel the need to remove that support.

And I may be even crazier, but I think you're wrong. Anyone that would pay $300 to buy into a character, and there are very few of those people, are just as likely to buy the $2000 toon. If they don't, it's because they've gone broke, not because they're valuing something at $300 as a good deal but $2000 is just a waste.

Huh? No.
  • Options
    It is ALWAYS buyer beware. It is RNG. Slot machines don't give out more jackpots than 10-hits.........
  • Options
    Now, if the Boba Fett, Slave1 Bundle was $3.99 vs $39.99, I think that 99% of the people would've purchased it verses 1% at the current rate. But then that creates a new problem. If everyone else is purchasing it, then you kinda have too as well, just to keep up. Then everyone has the same ship so there's no "advantage" or excitement to obtaining it and you only fall way behind if you don't. The cheap $3.99 pack that f2p would love to buy, would virtually kill the entire FTP model for them, because you would be forcing them to buy those $2 or $3 packs and bundles every single time offered or they just lose.

This is exactly my sentiment...i like the game and I want to spend a little on cool stuff but the prices and skewed "RNG" are crazy and I just can't fathom it. So I just buy the crystal sub to try to help speed up gear farming a bit.

The dark side starter and assasin starter packs seem about "right" for what I'd pay normally.
  • Mvnson
    234 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    New toons cost rated $2000 - $6000 usd. If you want the new stuff that is what the price tag now is. Sadly some will pony up that insane amount so it will keep creeping up just like toon power.

To me "and I just may be crazy" it would seem many more players would buy into a new toon for $100-$300 and profits would soar. There is a way of playing that everyone spending should think about - ftp......

I've always been very supportive of the game with my voice and my wallet, it makes me a bit sad to feel the need to remove that support.

And I may be even crazier, but I think you're wrong. Anyone that would pay $300 to buy into a character, and there are very few of those people, are just as likely to buy the $2000 toon. If they don't, it's because they've gone broke, not because they're valuing something at $300 as a good deal but $2000 is just a waste.

Huh? No.

Umm, Yes. If you believe $300 is a reasonable a justifiable cost to "buy into" a single digital asset then you have a sickness and I have no doubt you can be easily influenced to believe that a "new and improved OP" toon is easily worth the $2000. Also, let's be clear of what you are buying into. It has been published that all toons will eventually be made free. So you are "buying into" a honeymoon period, a limited time of limited exclusivity (because any number of people that want to can buy into the same thing).

"Limited Offer"

"Maximum of 10 purchases per day"

"Offer expires when window is closed"
  • Options
    It is nice to see that us iOS users will in fact be able to acquire K2. This is the news many of us big spenders had been waiting for.
  • Options
    Wow, thanks for the heads up. Massively misleading pack, I had assumed I had a chance for ALL characters in ALL slots. Not the CORE ones being on just two slots max. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    Paule wrote: »
    It is nice to see that us iOS users will in fact be able to acquire K2. This is the news many of us big spenders had been waiting for.

Yeah, but there's always a catch, a new conundrum.... acquire K2 or acquire a brand new 13" iPad Pro iOS device to farm his cuffs on?
  • Options
    Well, I think the issue is that the Pack is deliberately misleading. In its description, it shows pictures of 7 characters available at 2-10 shards each, and its text says you're guaranteed between 14-70 shards. It's easily expected that anyone with basic math skills knows that 7*(2 through 10) is 14 through 70, hence the not unreasonable expectation that this Pack would provide shards for each of the shown characters. The Pack's designers know this, too, and have intentionally released the Pack's description as such to spur purchases.

Granted, all the text promised you was "14 to 70 Shards of ROGUE ONE Characters," but this discontent among players also shouldn't be a surprise to the CG team. The decision maker(s) clearly believe whatever player dissatisfaction the description causes is worth the potential boost in the Pack's sales.
  • Options

In the words of the great and honorable Admiral Ackbar, "It's a trap!" As an ios user I'm well aware, as soon as I saw the pack it tempted me with its chance at K2, but I resisted, because "chance" seems to always mean a chance at being angry.

yes
    Paule wrote: »

yes we can spend a lot of $$ for 0, 0, 0, 2, 0 maybe still 0 Shards of K2 and get to 7 star now. i'm so happy! B)
  • Brodaisback
    114 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    So let me get this straight.... do they actually believe that this is a good deal? Or did EA intentionally try to screw over and rip off every one of their customers? That's so surprising from such an ethically sound and upstanding company
  • Options

Huh? No.

Umm, Yes. If you believe $300 is a reasonable a justifiable cost to "buy into" a single digital asset then you have a sickness and I have no doubt you can be easily influenced to believe that a "new and improved OP" toon is easily worth the $2000.

"Limited Offer"

"Maximum of 10 purchases per day"

"Offer expires when window is closed"

Reminds me of Richard Garfield's manifesto against what he calls Skinnerware. I used to think it was a bit too all-encompassing. I have felt the draw of games with tediously slow completion bars (and all you have to do is wait, or pay X ingame currency to complete now), but always felt that buying ingame currency was okay, because you know exactly what you are paying for. Same as energy refreshes in this game, or even chromium packs (assuming the odds on characters are either the same, or boosted for new characters). But this kind of deliberate deception makes me think he's onto something. 1200 crystals is about € 9. If you expect somewhere between 2-10 CI, 2-10 Baze and 2-10 Shore shards and base your purchase off that, and instead get 0 of any of those and instead a whole load of Bistan/SRP shards that is misleading.

At least sell the pack as giving 8-40 Bistan/SRP shards and a tiny chance at any of the rest, so buyers know what they're getting into!
  • Options
    Well, I think the issue is that the Pack is deliberately misleading. In its description, it shows pictures of 7 characters available at 2-10 shards each, and its text says you're guaranteed between 14-70 shards. It's easily expected that anyone with basic math skills knows that 7*(2 through 10) is 14 through 70, hence the not unreasonable expectation that this Pack would provide shards for each of the shown characters. The Pack's designers know this, too, and have intentionally released the Pack's description as such to spur purchases.

Granted, all the text promised you was "14 to 70 Shards of ROGUE ONE Characters," but this discontent among players also shouldn't be a surprise to the CG team. The decision maker(s) clearly believe whatever player dissatisfaction the description causes is worth the potential boost in the Pack's sales.

Very well put.

It is my opinion that the "Maximum of 10 purchases daily" disclaimer serves a similar duplicitous purpose. It sends the message to the compulsive buyer that this is a hot deal and would break the game if we allowed too many purchases etc...". At the same time, when the eventual trajectory of the freemium model makes it way to congress and watchdog groups become highly critical of beloved corporate institutions (The mouse) it will be used as a measure they put in place to curb and prevent compulsive or problem gaming habits....

• Options
    theHejiN wrote: »
    Dear EA/CG.
    I am going to buy 10 packs for 99,99 each (999,90 total)
    Each pack guarantees i'll pay for it between 0.02 $USD and 300,000 $USD.

There might be a chance I'll pay the same price for several packs.

This made my morning!
    Laughed so hard my two year old looked at me like I was crazy.

And why is everybody surprised every time this happens with pack odds?
    Keep buying them, it won't change...
    Stop, it will.
    Or carefully read wording and assume some misdirection... if it still sounds like a deal, buy it. If not, as in this case, don't.
    I'd bet cash packs with aurodium level drops would appear if nobody bought packs like this one.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    its a no go costing 1200 anyways
    do like me and spend on gear and energy refreshes, 100% guarantedd you get what you pay and if you dont you open up a ticket and ea support will give you backthe crystals (ive been given back crystals from not received gear from shipments, mods and energies; error3.0)
  • Options
    Bought 4 packs mostly Bistan, on got 2 shards Chirrut.
  • Options
    Bought a pack myself to test it;

5 Bistan
    5 Shoretrooper
    2 Cassian
    5 SRP
    3 Bistan
    5 Bistan
    5 Bistan

Yup, perfect waste of crystals there.
  • Options
    If I at least knew I'd get 5 shoretrooper shards I'd think about it sadly. Him sitting at 45/50 since the tourney's still has be bummed. Wish he had an andronium.!
  • Options
    KParks1235 wrote: »
    If I at least knew I'd get 5 shoretrooper shards I'd think about it sadly. Him sitting at 45/50 since the tourney's still has be bummed. Wish he had an andronium.!

Why didn't you buy an SRP/Shore pack? That would have gotten you 10 shards.
  • Weaver9
    138 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    A few things to clarify:

Players buying this understand it is a risk to do so, you're rolling a dice and hoping to get something awesome. They obviously have weighted drop rates. That is all fine by me, nothing wrong here.

The actual issue is that it is not true RNG. It is entirely impossible to get 5 Shoretrooper drops. This should never be the case, unless otherwise stated.

They say duplicate shards may occur. In fact they will always occur. Huge technical difference, and I sincerely hope they are proactively revising their drop table configuration sheets accordingly.

Until we hear otherwise I implore all of you to hold off on purchasing this pack.
  • Options
    Weaver9 wrote: »
    A few things to clarify:

Players buying this understand it is a risk to do so, you're rolling a dice and hoping to get something awesome. They obviously have weighted drop rates. That is all fine by me, nothing wrong here.

The actual issue is that it is not true RNG. It is entirely impossible to get 5 Shoretrooper drops. This should never be the case, unless otherwise stated.

They say duplicate shards may occur. In fact they will always occur. Huge technical difference, and I sincerely hope they are proactively revising their drop table configuration sheets accordingly.

Until we hear otherwise I implore all of you to hold off on purchasing this pack.

You are correct, unless they programmed in an insanely low drop rate into the 'other' 5 packs. 49.9999% Bistan, 50.0000% Chance SRP. 0.0001% other.... If that is the case, then, technically speaking, they are correct, however, practically, few will evey see 'other'.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Options
    Haha, that must be why there is a little note at the bottom of the pack description that says:
    *Duplicate Character Shards sets may occur.
    Personally I think that note should be at the top and in bold letters.
  • Options
    Purchased one pack, thought I got very unlucky.
    Purchased another one and realized I just got ripped of 2x1'199 crystals.
    Thank you for the great Christmas feeling.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    For me the biggest issue is the weighted drop rate. If the odds are not equal then the odds should be displayed. This goes for gear also.

When I started I went crazy with Chromiums and got SF and Rex. I also got butt loads of Maul, Cody and Echo, who from what I hear were weighted to promote them prior and maybe not ever corrected(???).

Then Baze came out and it didn't surprise me the odds went in the toilet, more characters, some weighted more than others means 2-3k dollar Baze on average. My assumption was those people got tons of maul/cody/echo shards like I did.

• Options
    I bought this pack 4 times and got 6 Cassian 2 Chirrut 60 pathfinder dont rember how many bistan and 5 shoretrooper feels like a complete rip off.
  • Options
    So don't buy the next character pack CG introduces no matter how bad your addiction says you need to. The only way to change these types of practices is with your wallet.
  • Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    KParks1235 wrote: »

Why didn't you buy an SRP/Shore pack? That would have gotten you 10 shards.

Overly bitter about not getting one for free at the time since I'm on iOS.

I had to give it to the man ya know... now I'm like a battered spouse wishing I could back to then. =(
  • Options
    State lottery commission: "buy powerball ticket every. U have a CHANCE at the 300mil jackpot!"

200mil losers: "we are outraged you sold us garbage!"
This discussion has been closed.