A Message to the Devs and Community from a Semi-P2P Player

Replies

• Options
    Calm down, Once yoda, luke, etc come in the new update i assure you they will be P2W players and you will once again be able to have the prestige that comes with have a 1000 dollar character in a mobile game that is meant to be played by a child
  • davida8546
    216 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Calm down, Once yoda, luke, etc come in the new update i assure you they will be P2W players and you will once again be able to have the prestige that comes with have a 1000 dollar character in a mobile game that is meant to be played by a child

Frankly, is there any char in this game that can not be played by a child?
  • davida8546
    216 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Duped post...
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I used to play Brave Frontier, where I spent hundreds over 2 years, but I always had the best characters at any given time.

You pull a character and you're able to level and evolve it to its furthest state, there was no need to pull the same character 50 more times to make it viable.

Although I'm very happy chromium characters will be introduced to f2p, CG's business model of "spend 2k+ or you get nothing of value" is pretty gross. This is why I'll never buy packs again.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    Nice. So do I: just stopp spending money for this game
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ModTerrik wrote: »
    When I dropped close to $500 to get my 4* QGJ to 6* I was under the impression that it would be the only way to do so. I've never played f2p/p2p mobile games before so I had no idea that these exclusive characters would be brought to the f2p side.

Knowing this now, I won't spend anymore money on chromium. I don't mind waiting two months for the exclusives to come to the farm side.

The bottom line is that EA/CG has lost a revenue stream in me (one of thousands/tens of thousands I'm sure). But I'm also sure that I'm not the only one who was duped by the term "exclusive" and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who will stop buying chromiums now.

Same here, I really thought like I learned from other mobile games with premium content, that once you obtained it and you payed a lot for it, this content has actually a value and doesn't drop over night by 95%.

There was never stated on chromium chars this is an "early access offer". So I was silly enough to think I kind of "purchased" that special character. To be clear, I don't want those char - to be absolute exclusive so I had no problem when they put FTOP from chronic only to obtainable via hard mode. But putting out QGJ so easy-available with no effort to get at all, is hard to understand, especially when u paid 2k+ for this fun to have him. He is one of the best char in the game. And you turned him to a **** stormtrooper...

So I don't understand that kind of business model of EA, now I totally stopped spending money on this game since they showed me how they really treat chromium buys. I don't see any reason for the future updates to come to spend my money on chromium. I would and I had spend a lot to "buy" a special char but I will not spend that much money just for an early access of one or two months. You never know what silly move comes next. Sorry.

After the Barris Nerf and "selling" her to me one week before, this is the second time I feel kind of screwed by EA. So definately not a 3rd time.
  • Options
    Quick summery from a 100% f2p.

Pay to win basically mean you're buying time to advance faster than anyone else. It doesn't matter if its $5 that skip a week of farming or $2000 to get everything in a day. As long you spend money to buy time, you're consider a pay to win, period.

Lets go back in game and have fun killing scripted AI with our $2000 account.
  • Options
    Elyndria wrote: »
    Although I'm very happy chromium characters will be introduced to f2p, CG's business model of "spend 2k+ or you get nothing of value" is pretty gross. This is why I'll never buy packs again.
    I agree it's odd
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Options
    Nice post. After update and you don't like what you see, Please don't quit 'coz I haven't defeated your current team yet on rank lol. I'm on the same server.

-Edit
    Or you could quit and let me have top 1 lol. jk

@HunterMuncherPuncher Hey it's good to see someone from our ladder on the forums. I've had many good battles with your team. I saw we were 1 & 2 today. Congrats. The only real way to consistently beat the team I have unfortunately is to get a gear 8 Poe for yourself and hope that he goes first =/

Also, I won't quit. If anything I would just transition into more of a F2P player + crystal refreshes depending on what they do next. I am just disappointed in the way they did things this time around.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Options
    Folks have to stop thinking of it as 'buying a character'. That's not how the pay model works. You are 'saving time to own a character'.

Time is always the value. Reducing that time gives the whale a significant advantage in pretty much all aspects of the game; however.

It's not about characters, it's about time savings and the value of time.
  • Options
    Why do you keep bringing that up as the issue? That is not the issue at all.

No one that I have seen in this thread has said they have an issue with exclusive characters becoming farmable. The issue is in the communication of the company. Not once have I ever seen an official post from an EA/CG employee stating that the Chromium exclusive characters were going to become farmable characters at some point.

The only information we've ever received is that the only way to get these characters is to purchase Chromium Data Cards. If you read over several people's posts here who have spent $200-$1000 within the past month or even week you would see how it would have been nice if they had informed us of these plans so that we could use the money for crystals to farm the characters in game at a much lower cost.

It's quite easy to see why they didn't inform us beforehand, because it would have decreased their profits. Hence, why a lot of us are feeling cheated and upset.
  • Options
    My personal conclusion/assumption, the company boss decides that the game wont last for long. Strong competitors are around, better grab as much as you can while it lasts!

I dont joint nerf or balance threads, to me power creeping is in the game s policy (look at arena). Why waste your breath, next month or week things will change. As much as I appreciate the efforts of people testing chars, it s more like a waste of their time. It is working as intended.

I dont do refreshes anymore except the cheapest options (yes I still have thousands of crystals remaining unused). Challenges irks me a bit, they just have to put timer there so I keep forgetting to complete even more than half of it. Arena never more than 3 attempts, just because daily reminds me. GW completed daily but ocasionally dont have time, it s good that you can play the next day as well +1 for them in this one. Man we dont have time or memory (for this) to wait for timers.
  • Options
    ....No one spent $1500 on data cards to get a 7* Cad Bane ....

:'( I have a 7* Cad Bane .... only using him on Challenges.... :'(
  • Options
    Cantina chars are the worst chars to farm... And not the easiest.... 5 shards are worth 2 days of Energy or 1 day and 100 chrystals... Max out a Char takes about 130days without spending chrystals... about 65 days with 1 refresh a day (6500 chrystals) and if you refresh 3 Times a day to get the 10 shards a day then 1 char cost you about 23k chrystals thats worth 150 bucks... or over 70 chromium cards and you need still a month to max him if you use the 10 energy nodes.

• Options
    oTradeMark wrote: »
    I wanted to give some feedback to the developers and community about the recent update which included Qui-Gon Jinn as a farmable character in Cantina shipments because I'm a relatively low spending P2P player ($400 spent) who can understand where both P2P players and F2P players are coming from.

There is basically 3 types of players in this game:
    1. Free To Play (F2P) Players: Players who spend nothing or very minimal amounts of money on the game, usually only buying the dark side starter pack and possibly a crystal subscription. ($5-50 spent)
    2. Pay To Play (P2P) Players: Players who spend enough money per month to enjoy the game or be competitive. Usually they have a monthly allotment of money for the game so they can use extra crystals each day on refills and farming and possibly purchase chromium packs every so often. ($50-100 spent per month)
    3. Pay To Win (P2W) Players: Players who spend a lot of money on the game in order to either save time in collecting characters or to gain a competitive advantage. ($1500+ spent on Chromium cards + $50-100 spent per month to continue being a P2P player)

The awkward thing that I had to find out the hard way is that there is really no middle ground between pay to play and pay to win. I remember the first time I came onto these forums and read about how great Qui-Gon Jinn & Princess Leia were in the game and I remember my excitement the first time I opened several 8-packs of Chromium Data Cards and unlocked both of those characters. Followed immediately by my disappointment at how terrible Leia & QGJ are when first unlocked. My 4* Darth Maul & Grand Moff Tarkin (Also Chromium exclusives I unlocked in those first batch of data cards) were far superior to Leia & QGJ when I was in the early levels of playing this game. It wasn’t until I started researching this game in-depth that I realized how important star, gear and ability levels are to the relative power of a character. After searching the forums to see if Chromium exclusive characters would ever be able to be farmed and finding nothing I decided to dump another $200 into Chromium data cards in an attempt to help QGJ & Leia reach their power spikes and I was able to get them both to 4 stars and improve their ability levels. They were amazing for a while and I dominated my Arena ladder, however as I started getting my first farmable characters to 6 stars, I again realized that both of my 4* characters were hurting my Arena team and had to replace them. I later added QGJ back to my roster once I started frequently running into Poe in Arena play and once I had my Gear 8 Poe I haven’t finished below rank 1 on my Arena ladder since.

So fast forward to today. After a lot more experience and a ton of researching I was able to get an idea of how much it would cost for me to upgrade Leia & Qui-Gon Jinn further. I would need to spend approximately $800 more on Chromium Data Cards to get these characters to 6* and approximately $1200 more to get them to 7*. In other words, I would need to spend 3 times what I’ve already spent on this game to reach max star level on Leia & Qui-Gon Jinn. Figuring that the developers would release new characters soon, I decided to hold off on buying any more data cards and relinquished the idea of having a strong Qui-Gon or Leia anytime soon. And then yesterday’s update came. Part of me was ecstatic because I now had a method of farming my Qui-Gon Jinn up to 7* and I also had an official post from an EA employee that they will potentially release chromium exclusive characters as farmable characters in the future (which is good news for my Leia and other irrelevant chromium exclusive characters.) But part of me was also bitter, because I had essentially spent $400 on Data Cards to specifically improve Qui-Gon Jinn & Leia (as well as unlock Old Ben, Rey, etc but have never been lucky enough to do so) only to find out that I never would have had to spend that money in order to unlock and improve him. This also forces me to question the decision making of the developers because they decided to put arguably the best Chromium exclusive character in the game as the first farmable Chromium exclusive. But not only did they make QGJ farmable, they put him in Cantina shipments, one of the easiest methods for farming a character. This isn’t a hard mode mission grind fest like Dooku used to be before he was added to Cantina. This is an easy 5-10 QGJ shard a day Cantina shipment farmable character. You have to be able to see how some big spenders would understandably be upset that one of their $1500+ exclusive characters is now a F2P character you can 6* in a month and 7* in 44 days. (120 Cantina Energy + 2 Refreshes per day = 600 coins or ~7.5 shards per day)

With these conflicting emotions inside of me and me sitting on the fence between being a pay to play and pay to win player I’ve decided to make a list of what I feel the pro’s and con’s are to this most recent update:

Pros:
    • Making chromium exclusive characters farmable allows F2P players to eventually compete with P2P or even P2W players. Keyword is EVENTUALLY!
    • Making chromium exclusive characters farmable fills the gap for players like me who are in the awkward position between P2P and P2W. It allows us to get a head start on characters with data cards and then finish turning those characters into viable end-game characters by grinding out their shards.
    • Making Qui-Gon Jinn farmable gives a soft counter to the dominant top tier Poe + Glass Cannon meta. I have no doubt that this was part of the reason the devs chose QGJ as the first Chromium exclusive to introduce as a farmable character. Hell, I even use QGJ as a 4* character because his utility outweighs his need to be max star level.
    • EA finally made an official statement about releasing chromium exclusive characters as farmable characters as they add additional characters to the game.

Cons:
    • Making arguably the best chromium exclusive character in the game the first to be farmable is a slap in the face to big spenders. No one spent $1500 on data cards to get a 7* Cad Bane (who is absolutely awful, RIP January shard month is crap). No one spent $1500 on data cards to see how terrible an Empire only team can be with Grand Moff Tarkin in the lead. Big spenders spent money on Chromium cards for 2 reasons: 1. To collect characters, 2. To gain a competitive advantage. If you look at the chromium exclusive characters, the only ones even worth using in the current meta is Qui-Gon, Old Ben & possibly Aayla or Leia. The rest are pretty much trash.
    • This is pure speculation, but if the new shard shop places a value on shards based upon their rarity, you literally just took a dump on Qui-Gon Jinn’s shard value. If I was a big spender, this would be what I’m most worried about. Some whales have over 500 excess Qui-Gon Jinn shards. If the devs just took one of the most valuable shards in the game and turned it into the same worth as a Jedi Knight Guardian shard then expect a huge amount of chargebacks / refunds processed during the next content update. I’m talking way more money in refunds than the Barriss nerf entailed.
    • Chromium data cards currently have a higher percentage drop rate for chromium exclusive characters. Also, lower star characters have a higher percentage drop rate than higher star characters. This is both a good thing and a bad thing. It’s a good thing because people who want chromium exclusive characters have a higher percentage drop rate when opening chromium data cards. It’s a bad thing because you end up with far more chromium exclusive characters and shards than you do farmable characters. I can provide data to back this claim up based upon hundreds of chromium data card openings from our guild. There is a reason I’ve unlocked Kit Fisto, QGJ & Leia character/shards dozens of times and I have yet to ever see Kylo or Rey (Best Chance to Unlock Kylo Ren my ****…) So when you lower the value of the Qui-Gon Jinn shard, you lower the value of every single chromium data card that was previously opened. Since Qui-Gin Jinn’s new chromium data card drop rate should be changed to be in alignment with other farmable 2* characters.
    • CG/EA should have announced that chromium exclusive characters will be released as farmable characters far in advance. I for one would have never bought as many chromium data cards as I did if I would’ve known that exclusives would eventually become farmable. I would have been far better off using the money I spent on chromium cards for energy refills and gear farming instead of data cards and I would’ve gone that route had I known exclusives would eventually be released as farmable characters.

In my opinion, CG/EA made the right decision in making chromium exclusive characters farmable, however they went about it the entirely wrong way. First off, getting one of the best characters in the game should have been a grind. Qui-Gon Jinn should have been a hard mission only farmable character, with 1 maybe 2 missions max. Rey is a great character as well, but she’s difficult to farm like she should be. If you wanted to introduce an exclusive character into cantina shipments, you should have gone with Cad Bane (lol) or Kit Fisto or Grand Moff Tarkin. Characters that might fit decently into some lower end builds but not the character that is a huge reason for buying Chromium data cards in the first place. Secondly, the lack of information has always been an issue for this game. From a business perspective, yeah I understand it. Telling people beforehand that characters would become farmable would lower your chromium data card sales. People like me would not have bought as many data cards as I have and I suspect there would be less whales out there who have spent thousands on the game as well. But also from a business perspective, you should realize that purposely misleading your customers like this will lead to a lot of unhappy customers and a lot of refunds. I can guarantee you if I had a 7* Qui-Gon Jinn, I wouldn’t even be writing this post. I would be processing a chargeback with my bank.

To summarize, most free to play games with micro-transactions allow you to unlock most if not all of the paid content and I think that’s a good thing for the player base overall. But if you’re not investing money, you need to invest a lot of time. You have to invest one or the other to reach the top. By changing one of the most important pieces of paid content into an easily acquired low time investment character you’re ruining that balance of Time vs Money. For the sake of the game and the sake of the community, I’m really crossing my fingers that the content update and changes coming in the next month will bring improvements to the game other than the shard shop that allow more team diversity at the high levels of play and more opportunities for both F2P and P2P players to get enjoyment out of this game.

Sincerely,
    Trent aka oTradeMark
    oTradeMark wrote: »
    I wanted to give some feedback to the developers and community about the recent update which included Qui-Gon Jinn as a farmable character in Cantina shipments because I'm a relatively low spending P2P player ($400 spent) who can understand where both P2P players and F2P players are coming from.

There is basically 3 types of players in this game:
    1. Free To Play (F2P) Players: Players who spend nothing or very minimal amounts of money on the game, usually only buying the dark side starter pack and possibly a crystal subscription. ($5-50 spent)
    2. Pay To Play (P2P) Players: Players who spend enough money per month to enjoy the game or be competitive. Usually they have a monthly allotment of money for the game so they can use extra crystals each day on refills and farming and possibly purchase chromium packs every so often. ($50-100 spent per month)
    3. Pay To Win (P2W) Players: Players who spend a lot of money on the game in order to either save time in collecting characters or to gain a competitive advantage. ($1500+ spent on Chromium cards + $50-100 spent per month to continue being a P2P player)

The awkward thing that I had to find out the hard way is that there is really no middle ground between pay to play and pay to win. I remember the first time I came onto these forums and read about how great Qui-Gon Jinn & Princess Leia were in the game and I remember my excitement the first time I opened several 8-packs of Chromium Data Cards and unlocked both of those characters. Followed immediately by my disappointment at how terrible Leia & QGJ are when first unlocked. My 4* Darth Maul & Grand Moff Tarkin (Also Chromium exclusives I unlocked in those first batch of data cards) were far superior to Leia & QGJ when I was in the early levels of playing this game. It wasn’t until I started researching this game in-depth that I realized how important star, gear and ability levels are to the relative power of a character. After searching the forums to see if Chromium exclusive characters would ever be able to be farmed and finding nothing I decided to dump another $200 into Chromium data cards in an attempt to help QGJ & Leia reach their power spikes and I was able to get them both to 4 stars and improve their ability levels. They were amazing for a while and I dominated my Arena ladder, however as I started getting my first farmable characters to 6 stars, I again realized that both of my 4* characters were hurting my Arena team and had to replace them. I later added QGJ back to my roster once I started frequently running into Poe in Arena play and once I had my Gear 8 Poe I haven’t finished below rank 1 on my Arena ladder since.

So fast forward to today. After a lot more experience and a ton of researching I was able to get an idea of how much it would cost for me to upgrade Leia & Qui-Gon Jinn further. I would need to spend approximately $800 more on Chromium Data Cards to get these characters to 6* and approximately $1200 more to get them to 7*. In other words, I would need to spend 3 times what I’ve already spent on this game to reach max star level on Leia & Qui-Gon Jinn. Figuring that the developers would release new characters soon, I decided to hold off on buying any more data cards and relinquished the idea of having a strong Qui-Gon or Leia anytime soon. And then yesterday’s update came. Part of me was ecstatic because I now had a method of farming my Qui-Gon Jinn up to 7* and I also had an official post from an EA employee that they will potentially release chromium exclusive characters as farmable characters in the future (which is good news for my Leia and other irrelevant chromium exclusive characters.) But part of me was also bitter, because I had essentially spent $400 on Data Cards to specifically improve Qui-Gon Jinn & Leia (as well as unlock Old Ben, Rey, etc but have never been lucky enough to do so) only to find out that I never would have had to spend that money in order to unlock and improve him. This also forces me to question the decision making of the developers because they decided to put arguably the best Chromium exclusive character in the game as the first farmable Chromium exclusive. But not only did they make QGJ farmable, they put him in Cantina shipments, one of the easiest methods for farming a character. This isn’t a hard mode mission grind fest like Dooku used to be before he was added to Cantina. This is an easy 5-10 QGJ shard a day Cantina shipment farmable character. You have to be able to see how some big spenders would understandably be upset that one of their $1500+ exclusive characters is now a F2P character you can 6* in a month and 7* in 44 days. (120 Cantina Energy + 2 Refreshes per day = 600 coins or ~7.5 shards per day)

With these conflicting emotions inside of me and me sitting on the fence between being a pay to play and pay to win player I’ve decided to make a list of what I feel the pro’s and con’s are to this most recent update:

Pros:
    • Making chromium exclusive characters farmable allows F2P players to eventually compete with P2P or even P2W players. Keyword is EVENTUALLY!
    • Making chromium exclusive characters farmable fills the gap for players like me who are in the awkward position between P2P and P2W. It allows us to get a head start on characters with data cards and then finish turning those characters into viable end-game characters by grinding out their shards.
    • Making Qui-Gon Jinn farmable gives a soft counter to the dominant top tier Poe + Glass Cannon meta. I have no doubt that this was part of the reason the devs chose QGJ as the first Chromium exclusive to introduce as a farmable character. Hell, I even use QGJ as a 4* character because his utility outweighs his need to be max star level.
    • EA finally made an official statement about releasing chromium exclusive characters as farmable characters as they add additional characters to the game.

Cons:
    • Making arguably the best chromium exclusive character in the game the first to be farmable is a slap in the face to big spenders. No one spent $1500 on data cards to get a 7* Cad Bane (who is absolutely awful, RIP January shard month is crap). No one spent $1500 on data cards to see how terrible an Empire only team can be with Grand Moff Tarkin in the lead. Big spenders spent money on Chromium cards for 2 reasons: 1. To collect characters, 2. To gain a competitive advantage. If you look at the chromium exclusive characters, the only ones even worth using in the current meta is Qui-Gon, Old Ben & possibly Aayla or Leia. The rest are pretty much trash.
    • This is pure speculation, but if the new shard shop places a value on shards based upon their rarity, you literally just took a dump on Qui-Gon Jinn’s shard value. If I was a big spender, this would be what I’m most worried about. Some whales have over 500 excess Qui-Gon Jinn shards. If the devs just took one of the most valuable shards in the game and turned it into the same worth as a Jedi Knight Guardian shard then expect a huge amount of chargebacks / refunds processed during the next content update. I’m talking way more money in refunds than the Barriss nerf entailed.
    • Chromium data cards currently have a higher percentage drop rate for chromium exclusive characters. Also, lower star characters have a higher percentage drop rate than higher star characters. This is both a good thing and a bad thing. It’s a good thing because people who want chromium exclusive characters have a higher percentage drop rate when opening chromium data cards. It’s a bad thing because you end up with far more chromium exclusive characters and shards than you do farmable characters. I can provide data to back this claim up based upon hundreds of chromium data card openings from our guild. There is a reason I’ve unlocked Kit Fisto, QGJ & Leia character/shards dozens of times and I have yet to ever see Kylo or Rey (Best Chance to Unlock Kylo Ren my ****…) So when you lower the value of the Qui-Gon Jinn shard, you lower the value of every single chromium data card that was previously opened. Since Qui-Gin Jinn’s new chromium data card drop rate should be changed to be in alignment with other farmable 2* characters.
    • CG/EA should have announced that chromium exclusive characters will be released as farmable characters far in advance. I for one would have never bought as many chromium data cards as I did if I would’ve known that exclusives would eventually become farmable. I would have been far better off using the money I spent on chromium cards for energy refills and gear farming instead of data cards and I would’ve gone that route had I known exclusives would eventually be released as farmable characters.

In my opinion, CG/EA made the right decision in making chromium exclusive characters farmable, however they went about it the entirely wrong way. First off, getting one of the best characters in the game should have been a grind. Qui-Gon Jinn should have been a hard mission only farmable character, with 1 maybe 2 missions max. Rey is a great character as well, but she’s difficult to farm like she should be. If you wanted to introduce an exclusive character into cantina shipments, you should have gone with Cad Bane (lol) or Kit Fisto or Grand Moff Tarkin. Characters that might fit decently into some lower end builds but not the character that is a huge reason for buying Chromium data cards in the first place. Secondly, the lack of information has always been an issue for this game. From a business perspective, yeah I understand it. Telling people beforehand that characters would become farmable would lower your chromium data card sales. People like me would not have bought as many data cards as I have and I suspect there would be less whales out there who have spent thousands on the game as well. But also from a business perspective, you should realize that purposely misleading your customers like this will lead to a lot of unhappy customers and a lot of refunds. I can guarantee you if I had a 7* Qui-Gon Jinn, I wouldn’t even be writing this post. I would be processing a chargeback with my bank.

To summarize, most free to play games with micro-transactions allow you to unlock most if not all of the paid content and I think that’s a good thing for the player base overall. But if you’re not investing money, you need to invest a lot of time. You have to invest one or the other to reach the top. By changing one of the most important pieces of paid content into an easily acquired low time investment character you’re ruining that balance of Time vs Money. For the sake of the game and the sake of the community, I’m really crossing my fingers that the content update and changes coming in the next month will bring improvements to the game other than the shard shop that allow more team diversity at the high levels of play and more opportunities for both F2P and P2P players to get enjoyment out of this game.

Sincerely,
    Trent aka oTradeMark

Holy text.
  • Options
    I get the disappointment. In my case, I haven't spent a dime yet but I actually wanted to. What put me off was the insane pricing for a mobile game. After seeing them drop the ball later with so many things, it kept my wallet firmly in my pocket and I'm thankful I don't cave to impulsive spending.
  • Options
    +1000

Well thought out and organized. Great post!
  • Options
    You lost me $400 is a low spending player. Seriously, I spent about $20, been playing since hard launch, and im in top ten arena.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe there is even a 4th Segment of "customers" in Addition to F2P, P2P and P2W: "the collectors". At some point it may be more important to have these "cool" characters than actually use them in the Arena.
  • Peanut_Co0kie
    9 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    h

• oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Coxxi wrote: »
    Cantina chars are the worst chars to farm... And not the easiest.... 5 shards are worth 2 days of Energy or 1 day and 100 chrystals... Max out a Char takes about 130days without spending chrystals... about 65 days with 1 refresh a day (6500 chrystals) and if you refresh 3 Times a day to get the 10 shards a day then 1 char cost you about 23k chrystals thats worth 150 bucks... or over 70 chromium cards and you need still a month to max him if you use the 10 energy nodes.

I already posted the math earlier in this thread. 1 Cantina refresh per day +24 hours of regular recharge is 240 energy which equates to ~400 currency (dragon balls) or 5 shards per day. That's only 16 days for a 4* QGJ (What I'm currently using at Rank 1 on my Arena ladder) 46 days to 6* QGJ or 66 days for a 7*. That time is vastly reduced if you do 2 Cantina refreshes per day. Regardless of Cantina shipments being the slowest out of the 3 shipment types, it is still far superior to hard mission farming, which is where QGJ should be.

Devaluing a character that takes on average $1500 to max to one that only takes two $12 crystal subscriptions without informing buyers that this would ever happen is misleading at best.
  • Rutank
    409 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    idk how you're getting 10 shards a day from cantina shipments. I literally only refresh once for 100 crystals and i get one shipment daily + all the time energy saved. You must be throwing 600 crystals at cantina a day. I mean that's all you, but i farm mine and since i didn't resub for 10.99$ i usually take my arena winnings and refresh cantina once, arena, and ls/ds for 50/50/100.

Also, you're pretty P2P lol. 400$ is quite a number man. i spent 5$ for 2 subs and i consider my self semi-F2P.
  • Options
    Rutank wrote: »
    idk how you're getting 10 shards a day from cantina shipments. I literally only refresh once for 100 crystals and i get one shipment daily + all the time energy saved. You must be throwing 600 crystals at cantina a day. I mean that's all you, but i farm mine and since i didn't resub for 10.99$ i usually take my arena winnings and refresh cantina once, arena, and ls/ds for 50/50/100.

Also, you're pretty P2P lol. 400$ is quite a number man. i spent 5$ for 2 subs and i consider my self semi-F2P.

Read the post I wrote right above yours. The math is based upon 1-2 Cantina energy refreshes per day. Also, I said I was semi-P2P because I'm in the awkward phase between P2P & P2W and also because I have F2P guest account that I play on every day as well.
  • Options
    I'm a low rung ptp. Crystal sub and a couple $20 crystal packs. All for refresh. 2 cantina, reg energy until it costs 200. First in arena for 500 crystals plus the 52 a day from activities. OP is spot on regarding the arena tokens. Today is my 28th day. I will have my Poe 6* in three days, and a 6* QGJ 31 days after that.
  • Options
    I'm a low rung ptp. Crystal sub and a couple $20 crystal packs. All for refresh. 2 cantina, reg energy until it costs 200. First in arena for 500 crystals plus the 52 a day from activities. OP is spot on regarding the arena tokens. Today is my 28th day. I will have my Poe 6* in three days, and a 6* QGJ 31 days after that.

Yeah that's exactly how my F2P account works. If you focus on Arena from day 1 and have a relatively easy ladder you can pull in 400+ crystals from rewards alone. Add a subscription on top of it and you can get plenty of refreshes.
  • vaguelycorrect
    25 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I typically browse and check posts as I see fit. I like seeing other people's comps and new ideas. Seeing people continuously complaining shows how privledged and entitled they really are. If you don't like the game don't play it, if you don't like a character, don't play them. Like all games ever made, this one is no exception and depends on us as players for revenue, feedback, ect. For the players like me, I spent a little money for my own interests and to contribute to the continuation and future of the game. The entitled players, whether f2p or p2p are giving the typically quiet players, the ones who might not agree with a characters kit or viability but accept that no game is perfect and adapt as well as we can(Imo this consists of over 90% of the active daily players) a bad reputation that reflects on the entire community, some "complaint" posts I read are well written and convey a valid point that might incite a discussion or potential change between the EA team in charge of such things. The people who write belittling posts, rage posts, or just incomprehensible complaints are a reflection of the community, I'm sure the mods/devs can intelligently distinguish between these people and the rest of the community and know that as a whole we aren't all the same way. I served in the military and was willing to put my life on the line to preserve our country and rights, including freedom of speech, all I ask is before you post, try to think of your comrades who are in the same boat as you and that whether you like it or not you represent us as a community. For those who read my words, thank you, and for those players like me who just grind, adapt to changes, and just try to enjoy the game or to those who may feel as I do in regards to the forums, I hope I represented you all well.
  • Options
    Well said.

Thank you for serving our country (or your country if not the USA)!
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    agree. keep a steady hand and be adaptable. keep in mind the devs and producers are people just like us who enjoy success as much as we do. at the end of the day, they also answer to someone else and can't please everyone even if they could or wanted to.

in short: enjoy the game and don't shoot yourself in the foot by taking on more than you can chew (or drag others down with you)
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Welcome to the Forum!
  • Options
    BillyBeans wrote: »
    Well said.

Thank you for serving our country (or your country if not the USA)!

Born and bred in the US! No thanks necessary but I do appreciate the kind words friend.