Free to play counter for these teams?

Hello I had a problem with these teams at GW and Arena

1. Maul (L), Vader, sunfac, EP, SThan - I was running a landakin (poor me). Killed SThan cause everyones stealthed. Managed to kill Maul too. But it's total ownage. This would be so deadly with shoretrooper.

2. In my last node of GW. EP (L), shore, sunfac, fives, RG - used all sorts of combo, rebel, droids, phasma meta team, jedi team. I cant even kill one so I kep retreating.

Seriously, these gamebreaking tanks. I guess the meta of the meta.

Any suggestions? Trying to finish 36 nodes for guild act

Replies

• Options
    Wedge and Biggs should be enough to make them beatable. Double tank if you have to.
  • Options
    Sxblur51 wrote: »
    Wedge and Biggs should be enough to make them beatable. Double tank if you have to.

Maul, Vader and EP are stealthed at the start. SO i have no choice but to use wiggs triple attack to SThan = useless since sunfac is there. When they are stealthed, they cant be hit with critical attacks = lando is useless. whenever they are hit by a critical attack, they go to stealth. See the cycle?

For the triple tank. Shoretrooper can receive the triple attack without even losing his entire protection. I used a combo of debuffer but after I remove shore's tank, sun fac taunts. When shore starts casting his critical immunity GROUP buff, everything goes to sheett. EP also casts mass stun. Such a powerful team. I went far with my phasma team (phasma, QGJ, Rey, RG, anakin) but when EP has debuff on everyone, he essentially demolishes all of them. These toons are also healing like crazy
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    1. If you have the Emperor, you can try his AOE stun and bring Asajj along, to debuff the stealth .

In my arenaleaderbord there is an player with an similar combo wich is realy anoining (Zeta Maul (L), Baze, Boba, EP, Savage). I beat him 50/50 with ....

EP (L), QGJ, Shore, TFP, ST Han. Normaly i run Vader istead of QGJ but against such squads you need a dispeller.

- Dispell the Shore taunt e.g. with QGJ, Ventress, Teebo, Mace ...
    - Buffblock (eg. with Anakin, EP) the RG
    - Stun/abilityblock SF (RG, Vader)
    - Fokus on EP with Wiggs (no one says you must use the tripplesalvo as an opener)

TFP is usefull against such squads because of his buffblock AOE including abilityblock on primary target.

There are many options. My main GW squad deals with nearly anything.

I run EP(L), RG, Phasma, TFP and QGJ.
  • Options
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    1. If you have the Emperor, you can try his AOE stun and bring Asajj along, to debuff the stealth .

In my arenaleaderbord there is an player with an similar combo wich is realy anoining (Zeta Maul (L), Baze, Boba, EP, Savage). I beat him 50/50 with ....

EP (L), QGJ, Shore, TFP, ST Han. Normaly i run Vader istead of QGJ but against such squads you need a dispeller.

- Dispell the Shore taunt e.g. with QGJ, Ventress, Teebo, Mace ...
    - Buffblock (eg. with Anakin, EP) the RG
    - Stun/abilityblock SF (RG, Vader)
    - Fokus on EP with Wiggs (no one says you must use the tripplesalvo as an opener)

TFP is usefull against such squads because of his buffblock AOE including abilityblock on primary target.

There are many options. My main GW squad deals with nearly anything.

I run EP(L), RG, Phasma, TFP and QGJ.

Ended up using three teams to break the GW tank wall.

1. teebo (L), EE, Rey, phasma and EP to kill Shoretrooper - I learned that no matter what team I use to snipe EP, shoretrooper's heal x crit immunity renders it useless. If I "almost kill" EP RG will trigger, another soap.

2. Used my landakin arena team to kill EP and RG.

3. Used my 47-86-88-GS team to sweep fives and sunfac.

LOL but this tank setup is ridiculous. Thanks for the tips! I actually went through them before I decided to just go on suicide missions.
  • Options
    B2 is your answer to almost all of the problems you are facing. AoE dispel and buff immunity.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    RyanRen wrote: »
    B2 is your answer to almost all of the problems you are facing. AoE dispel and buff immunity.

He beat me to it.
  • Options
    Tamonizer wrote: »

2. In my last node of GW. EP (L), shore, sunfac, fives, RG - used all sorts of combo, rebel, droids, phasma meta team, jedi team. I cant even kill one so I kep retreating.

I use Wiggs with b2 combo to kill Palpy, then finish them with any other team (if necessary). Not so tough.
    You also can use 'heavy' dot/aoe team. Like IG-88 (l), Vader, Lando, Sidious, Assajj

• Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Also remember that Boba can ignore taunts (but not stealth), giggles when he sees a whole row of buffs AND can inflict ability block. Sounds like he'd be of some use here. Try helping him out with one or two more characters who can remove buffs like QGJ or even Mace and then maybe throw in Wiggs for some extra damage.
  • Options
    This thread is why I have farmed the heck out of B2 and Boba in the last two weeks. That and Cherry Baze.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    RyanRen wrote: »

YEAAAHHHHHH. . . currently at 22/80. Regretting getting TFP to 7* first.
  • Options
    I know your already past it, but here some not common teams.

Team 1: Plo Koon (L), Boba, Wiggs, B2/TFP or (Boba (L), TFP, B2, Wiggs)

Probably get offense up form Koon unless terrible RNG, ability block STHan and keep future stealth away though. Wiggs should get at least on viable target

Team 2: . Boba (L), Anakin, TFP, Lando, IG-88. (with TM advantage, may want a tank if not)

The damage here should be more than enough. TFP ability blocks shore + buff immunity on most of the rest, Boba will ability block some more. IG-88...well you get the picture. Shore trooper probably won't get his crit immunity off until long after the match is decided.
  • Options
    Put B2 in your team and you should do OK against Maul led teams.
  • Options
    On those teams I use palp L, rg, sun fac, tfp, and Vader. Works well for me.
  • Options
    If you have issues w certain teams at the end of GW try prepping key toon's TM. Like EP for Rebels, Rex for Empire and STH for anyone ect . Get their TM close to max then park them. That way when you need them they can lead w their special instead of starting w zero TM.
  • crzydroid
    7336 posts Moderator
    Options
    I wonder if this would be a good place to try Plo Koon lead.
  • Options
    Plo Koon lead!!
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    If you have issues w certain teams at the end of GW try prepping key toon's TM. Like EP for Rebels, Rex for Empire and STH for anyone ect . Get their TM close to max then park them. That way when you need them they can lead w their special instead of starting w zero TM.

this

always use the first 4-5 battles prepping your other squads "just in case"
  • Options
    same teams, but will take 4ever to farm and upgrade, dn sun fac are in guild and ship shop....
  • Options

this

always use the first 4-5 battles prepping your other squads "just in case"

Seven of my first eight nodes get brand new toons every day. Only one I don't use for turn meter is node six. Not seeing these teams yet, but this has been the answer to almost all GW issues since the protection update