Adaptive F2P Guide

Replies

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    I agree, DN is still in a lot of teams so still top meta. I was a bit blind from my own shard where I am one of the few people who still plays him.
  • Mikayas
    95 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Raw wrote: »
    I agree, DN is still in a lot of teams so still top meta. I was a bit blind from my own shard where I am one of the few people who still plays him.

Raw you absolutely must update this guide if you are trying to give the best advice possible. Lando ---> Ezra in Cantina, for an Arena team of Lando(L), STH, Biggs, Boba, Ezra. It is one hundred percent better than any other toon you could farm second and the best f2p arena start (unless you go full Pheonix, which is acceptable

Then sub out Lando for Wedge, Eventually, and Boba/STH for Chaze someday.
  • Options
    Depends on your patience. If you only farm Lando, your hoard will be bigger.
    Mikayas wrote: »

Raw you absolutely must update this guide if you are trying to give the best advice possible. Lando ---> Ezra in Cantina, for an Arena team of Lando(L), STH, Biggs, Boba, Ezra. It is one hundred percent better than any other toon you could farm second and the best f2p arena start (unless you go full Pheonix, which is acceptable

I hope you are right, cause I almost have Ezra arena ready to replace JC :smile:
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Mikayas wrote: »

I already mentioned Ezra as an option instead of Kylo. I think Zylo can help you to win against opponents that are much stronger than your team, but if you think Ezra is better in the early game, that might be true.

Full Phoenix seems not "acceptable". See this witness from reddit:
    "I'm level 67. I did Phoenix first. I was able to lock down top 10 payouts as an almost F2P player for a while but once you hit level 50 and other players start loading speed mods on heavy hitting Wiggs/Lando/Han teams or Sith teams it becomes hard to keep up and they start to fade off in effectiveness. I'm borderline top 100 now and farming other toons to replace them."
  • Options
    ROKNZJ wrote: »
    I am farming DN, that's why he's at three stars (29/30). Same for Baze (22/50). Same for GK (36/145). It's not instantaneous, which is how y'all make it sound a lot of times. Right now Rex, Wiggs, R2, SF won't get me into top 10. I'm trying to find a combo that will, using characters I actually have; which is why I asked what you used with your zKylo.

I'm just trying to point out that telling someone to use hard to farm characters doesn't really help much now. And any character that gets you less than 5-10 shards a day is hard to farm.

Maybe you're not understanding that some of these toons are very competitive in arena at low stars, so they're not actually a long farm. Shortly after unlocking them, you can use them in the arena and win, as long as you can gear them up to g10+.

Take DN for example. His core gameplay mechanism is completely independent of his stats. With this toon, you mash his first two abilities until annihilate comes off of cooldown, and then you insta-kill an enemy. He just has to stay alive long enough to make this happen, and that's where the need for g10/g11 comes in. Otherwise, his base damage (which is a big function of his star count) is completely irrelevant.

So the endgame advice is this: unlock and put DN into your lineup. Prior to his unlock, hoard gear for him.

Also, decide which tanking system you want for endgame. It's either GK+Barriss, or Baze+Chirrut, but not both. Again, both Baze and GK are useable upon unlock, as long as you've got the gear saved up to quickly push them to g10+.

I used Rex zKylo Boba zR2 SF, then Rex zKylo DN zR2 GK.

These teams worked well for me until the new and reworked rebels - CLS, Raid Han, Leia, etc. - started flooding my shard. Raid Han and R2 can too easily stun and kill zKylo, and the rebels' crit-heavy damage output is overwhelming. So if your shard is full of these toons, I'd advise against betting too heavily in Kylo Ren for endgame, and consider investing a rebel damage dealer instead.

Until you can get CLS and Thrawn, aim for a team such as: GK zBarriss zR2 DN + 1 other.

Or if you want to go with Chaze, maybe this: Rex Chaze DN zR2

Get some second opinions from Raw & others. You only have the gear to take one good shot at this.
  • Options
    Hi, your guide is amazing (I've been following from the beginning) but now I've got a problem: I was going to get 5 Empire 7* for R2D2 (EP Vader RG Tarkin TFP), but I've failed in getting EP at 7* (only 6*).

If R2D2 event occurs before new EP, who would you suggest to pick as fifth Empire toon?

Thank you so much
  • Options
    Derevko wrote: »
    Hi, your guide is amazing (I've been following from the beginning) but now I've got a problem: I was going to get 5 Empire 7* for R2D2 (EP Vader RG Tarkin TFP), but I've failed in getting EP at 7* (only 6*).

If R2D2 event occurs before new EP, who would you suggest to pick as fifth Empire toon?

Thank you so much

You really have only two choices, magma and stormtrooper, you can farm whole phoenix too for thrawn, up to you, but stormtrooper seems the easiest farm, three nodes, and cantina shipments. GL
  • Options
    Also, it will not happen. Next R2D2 will take longer than next EP.
  • Options
    Following this guide, been about 4 days, got Lando, rex from chromium, Biggs 2 star from bronzium, and Boba at 75 shards. Right now I'm at squad arena 195, 11,000 so power, and level 41. Am I doing it right?
  • Options
    Also, can I only join guilds in my shard? Can you point me to a good guild to join?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    LazerboltX wrote: »
    Also, can I only join guilds in my shard? Can you point me to a good guild to join?

No, you can join any guild. Choose one with 49/50 members that looks strong. Looks good so far. You can also use the forum to search for a guild.

• Options
  • Options
    Should I replace Jedi consular or Chewbacca with Boba?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Test it, I'd say chewie goes out
  • Options
    Hi,
    my squad look like: Lando(L), Biggs, Boba, JC, StH
    I just unlock Wedge, and replaced JC with Wedge. Now I do have two questions:
    1. Should Wedge take the lead instead of Lando?
    2. I also have a reasonable Princess Leia, should she take a spot in the squad? If yes, which one?

Cheers
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice. I'm just a bit afraid that if I replace chewie I won't have a tank and my team might get melted in squad arena. Also, I'm really **** as I only need one more shipment for Boba and I'm not quite there :expressionless:
  • LordBane452501
    154 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    LordPCX wrote: »
    Hi,
    my squad look like: Lando(L), Biggs, Boba, JC, StH
    I just unlock Wedge, and replaced JC with Wedge. Now I do have two questions:
    1. Should Wedge take the lead instead of Lando?
    2. I also have a reasonable Princess Leia, should she take a spot in the squad? If yes, which one?

Cheers

I would say Leia can situationally replace Lando, for example against counter heavy teams or teams that recover protection and/or health faster than you can deal damage (Phoenix, Dooku) or in general teams you want to focus down 1 at a time (and aren't they all?)

That is at least how I will do it once I unlock Wedge, for me Ezra (what a beast!) has already replaced JC.
  • Options
    But you would also swap the lead from Lando to Wedge?
  • Options
    LordPCX wrote: »
    But you would also swap the lead from Lando to Wedge?

Jup
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    I just want to report from my arena some teams that are maybe obtainable for some of you (no CLS):

1. Rex R2D2 (both zetas) DN Chaze (Rank 2)
    2. Rex DN GK Zylo R2D2 (Rank 19)
    3. zFinn R2D2 (no zeta) Poe ResiTrooper Han Solo (5*! g10, no zeta), Poe with 264 speed (+114 does the trick) Rank 6
  • Options
    Where does one get the gear for g9, let alone g10+ that's getting mentioned like it's in my back pocket?
  • Options
    TheBigHert wrote: »
    Where does one get the gear for g9, let alone g10+ that's getting mentioned like it's in my back pocket?

Farming nodes for the pieces of equipment required to craft the gear, also heroic rancor or HAAT raids.
  • Options
    My arena team is now Lando (Lead), Boba, Biggs, Rex, and STH. I just got STH though and he is underleveled, so should replace him with consular or Chewbacca for the time being? My Chewie is also really high level so should I keep him in until others are higher leveled than him or leave him?
  • Groenland83
    5 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hi, thanks a lot for the great guide and very helpful discussion.

I have a question: I finished Lando and farmed Ezra for two days. Now Kylo drops are doubled for some days.
    Should I stay with Ezra or use Kylo double drops first?

Best regards
  • Options

I have a question: I finished Lando and farmed Ezra for two days. Now Kylo drops are doubled for some days.

Best regards

I would imagine that you will not be able to get the necessary toons for BB8 in time for the end of the event, and Kylo isn't hugely useful on his own, so I would say attempt to farm Phoenix up to 5 stars as there is an expected Thrawn event coming mid to end October.
  • Freedud1
    40 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I would take advantage of the double drops. Double cantina coins, double mats, and gives you a start on Kylo for down the road.

Do the math and see if you can skip ezra for five days. Thrawn would last until mid oct, so you would have at least 18 days for ezra farming if you spent five on Kylo. Would 18 days get you ezra to the lvl you need? Would five days make or break your ability to get thrawn?
  • Options
    Thx for your answers. I will do the math when I get home and will decide
  • Options

Best regards

In the current meta, getting Thrawn, even at 5*, is a far bigger long-term win than getting BB8.

If you can't unlock Thrawn, then getting Kylo is the next most useful thing you can do. He's a useful catch-up toon if you're lagging in arena results.
  • Options
    Hey, after some tips what is the best imperial team and also first order. My first order is very very poor at the moment I only have one unlocked so am taking advantage of double drops to get Kylo Ren and First Order Stormtrooper, I'm then throwing my tokens at First Order Officer and Captain Phasma will be unlocked in the next day.

Is there someone else that would work well with an First Order team?

Currently my Imperial team is Snowtrooper, General Veers, Stormtrooper and Magmatrooper, should I be looking at getting Shoretrooper?