Adaptive F2P Guide

Replies

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    natharas wrote: »
    Hey, after some tips what is the best imperial team and also first order. My first order is very very poor at the moment I only have one unlocked so am taking advantage of double drops to get Kylo Ren and First Order Stormtrooper, I'm then throwing my tokens at First Order Officer and Captain Phasma will be unlocked in the next day.

Is there someone else that would work well with an First Order team?

Currently my Imperial team is Snowtrooper, General Veers, Stormtrooper and Magmatrooper, should I be looking at getting Shoretrooper?

What do you mean with "best"? Dark side teams have a very bad position in arena. Actually Empire are only used to unlock light side chars and can be thrown away after you unlocked this light side char (R2D2). Only Thrawn and DN are endgame-good, and Kylo is good in midgame and if you don't have CLS, in P1 hAAT. Furthermore darkside toons are used as pilots and for the zeta mat challenge. EP can give you some P3 dmg.
    First order is also wasted for arena (with the exception of Kylo). FOTP is a great pilot though. The other three are needed 7* if you want a 7* bb8, which you need for hAAT. We don't know how good a Resistance team with bb8 will be. But ppl already do 10 million with the classic Resistance team so how would on be able to top this...
  • Options
    Raw wrote: »
    natharas wrote: »
    Hey, after some tips what is the best imperial team and also first order. My first order is very very poor at the moment I only have one unlocked so am taking advantage of double drops to get Kylo Ren and First Order Stormtrooper, I'm then throwing my tokens at First Order Officer and Captain Phasma will be unlocked in the next day.

Is there someone else that would work well with an First Order team?

Currently my Imperial team is Snowtrooper, General Veers, Stormtrooper and Magmatrooper, should I be looking at getting Shoretrooper?

What do you mean with "best"? Dark side teams have a very bad position in arena. Actually Empire are only used to unlock light side chars and can be thrown away after you unlocked this light side char (R2D2). Only Thrawn and DN are endgame-good, and Kylo is good in midgame and if you don't have CLS, in P1 hAAT. Furthermore darkside toons are used as pilots and for the zeta mat challenge. EP can give you some P3 dmg.
    First order is also wasted for arena (with the exception of Kylo). FOTP is a great pilot though. The other three are needed 7* if you want a 7* bb8, which you need for hAAT. We don't know how good a Resistance team with bb8 will be. But ppl already do 10 million with the classic Resistance team so how would on be able to top this...

Hey, no I won't be using them for Arena, it is more for the events that occur so I have a strong team for them which I'm currently lacking for a few events. Aside from that I don't have CLS so will focus on Kylo for hAAT of which my current guild isn't able to do yet, we have hRancor though down pat.
  • Options
    So I am at level 72 rigth now and get the tokens from TB. Now I am wondering if I should go for Yoda, or buy Baze shards, actually this is what im doing right now. IMHO Hermit Yoda shards are in comparison way too expensive.
  • Options
    LordPCX wrote: »
    So I am at level 72 rigth now and get the tokens from TB. Now I am wondering if I should go for Yoda, or buy Baze shards, actually this is what im doing right now. IMHO Hermit Yoda shards are in comparison way too expensive.

We do not know if Hermit Yoda is needed for ROTJ Luke - rumours say so. Maybe with lvl72, Baze shards will be helpful. However for the players who are a little more advanced, they should only buy g12 gear. I also already buy g12 gear for chars that are not even g12. See gear lists on swgoh.gg to see what they need.
  • PoeticJumpshot3
    52 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Somewhere along the way you mentioned Zariss. When would be a proper time to start farming her?

I just recently hit 27 and will start to stock my cantina energy, but in the meantime I may as well plan out my game plan. I've rerolled before, with a lot of success thanks to great starting pulls (it was during some sort of crystal giveaway so I got 2 chroms - eventually started with wedge/leia/biggs from bronze) back before they altered arena and everyone started to really farm energy. I'm pretty sure it was around the time fleets were introduced and my top 10 and often number 1 team was quickly dropped below 200 and I just abandoned it out of depression. The previous reroll I had was just a lumi start but it was much less competitive back then. Squad tournaments killed that, as well as a whale who had 7 star greivous and his account level was in the low 40's ><. I'm hyper competitive, and hopefully this time around there won't be any massive systems change that alters the landscape like in the past.

Currently I'm rocking your lando/boba plan, and I'm excited to go for Kylo as well - I've never played around him before. I like qgj but boba just fits better unless you start with some strong jedi early on.

The one thing I really want to do different is my arena selection. I pulled baze for this account, and I just really like having sidious on my pvp team - I'd assume the reason everyone ignores him is because kylo is essentially the same but better? The first ever account I ever took and held number 1 with actually had sid and rey on them, though I know it was probably more luck than anything. Idk why but I can play around sid really well no matter what team I put around him (rey would 1 shot people, probably still does). I'd heed your advice on the subject though - It seems like he offers no other value besides my arena preference for him.

My initial arena team will be: lando/chewy/baze/jc/luke(f) - soon transitioning into Lando/Baze/Boba/X/X. Of course I'll be going for biggs as well - the only other value I ever saw for GW was lumi and she's pretty far off meta nowadays. So if I was going to pick anywhere to freelance a little bit I feel like the arena store is the only place to do so: Should I consider leia/akbar because I have a tank already? Or can I use the baze pull and go off plan slightly and not suffer in the long run?

Should be able to reach Lando/Baze/Boba/Biggs/X fairly quickly - X will be chewy/jc/luke until i fill it with something from the arena. As you say, JC should be replaced asap... so should I just pick chewy or luke f to feature for my arena team for the short term instead of him? I'm getting a pretty solid team thanks to the baze pull, is there any way to succeed(events/team building wise) with your plan without st han?

I've seen some rumblings about old ben. I have another account I'm prepping that I pulled him on that I'll be keeping for awhile. It was actually made when rogue ones bonuses dropped. I don't think I could justify farming him over Kylo as Zylo is important when the whales eventually start out pacing you... but did you know why he is back in the fold? Farming is boring sorry for the questions. I know the end game meta is essentially just event locked hero's nowadays, but the meta between 28-70 is still hopefully adaptable/volatile. I know I can probably follow this plan to success, but I want to have some fun along the way.
  • Options
    Hello. I am lvl 55 and do most things written on the guide. The problem I have is that with only JC as a healer I can not finish all GW fights sometimes. Should I invest some effort in Lumi or Barris or just forget about winning all the GW battles?
  • Options
    I know the end game meta is essentially just event locked hero's nowadays.

I'll let Raw bring his far greater expertise to answering your specific concerns, but I perked up when I read this. IMO, this statement needs to be highlighted in big bold text at the start of the endgame section of any F2P guide, as its implications are essential for all new players. :)

To elaborate (for other new players reading this thread): teams built around event locked heroes (CLS, R2, Thrawn) will kick the stuffing out of teams that don't have these heroes. Due to the uncertainty surrounding the timing of these events, it's possible to either get very lucky or very unlucky with timing and sequencing of these unlocks, resulting in a lengthy period of arena dominance, or a lengthy period of arena suckage.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Somewhere along the way you mentioned Zariss. When would be a proper time to start farming her?
    Whenever you have spare energy. She helps to win against the hardest possible teams, together wth GK. However, she will only shine after you have zeta'd her so you have some time.
    The one thing I really want to do different is my arena selection. I pulled baze for this account, and I just really like having sidious on my pvp team - I'd assume the reason everyone ignores him is because kylo is essentially the same but better?
    Sid is totally useless. I have him 7* lvl1 g1 and only use him to register a 0 dmg in raids. The only use he has.
    He is so slow and does absolutely no dmg. He will simply be cannon fudder and never even have a single turn before your team is defeated.
    The first ever account I ever took and held number 1 with actually had sid and rey on them, though I know it was probably more luck than anything. Idk why but I can play around sid really well no matter what team I put around him (rey would 1 shot people, probably still does). I'd heed your advice on the subject though - It seems like he offers no other value besides my arena preference for him.
    This game works on the "power creep" principle. New/reworked chars are always suppsed to be stronger than the older ones, and until the older ones get a rework for themselves, they become worthless. Sid had his time, but that was a year ago.
    My initial arena team will be: lando/chewy/baze/jc/luke(f) - soon transitioning into Lando/Baze/Boba/X/X. Of course I'll be going for biggs as well - the only other value I ever saw for GW was lumi and she's pretty far off meta nowadays. So if I was going to pick anywhere to freelance a little bit I feel like the arena store is the only place to do so: Should I consider leia/akbar because I have a tank already? Or can I use the baze pull and go off plan slightly and not suffer in the long run?
    Use Baze right from the start then and keep him max gear. Leia for Arena store.
    Should be able to reach Lando/Baze/Boba/Biggs/X fairly quickly - X will be chewy/jc/luke until i fill it with something from the arena. As you say, JC should be replaced asap... so should I just pick chewy or luke f to feature for my arena team for the short term instead of him? I'm getting a pretty solid team thanks to the baze pull, is there any way to succeed(events/team building wise) with your plan without st han?
    You want R2D2, and for R2D2 you want Empire toons. One of the Empire toons will be EP. For EP you want 5 Rebels, and Baze would not help you there.
    I've seen some rumblings about old ben. I have another account I'm prepping that I pulled him on that I'll be keeping for awhile. It was actually made when rogue ones bonuses dropped. I don't think I could justify farming him over Kylo as Zylo is important when the whales eventually start out pacing you... but did you know why he is back in the fold? Farming is boring sorry for the questions. I know the end game meta is essentially just event locked hero's nowadays, but the meta between 28-70 is still hopefully adaptable/volatile. I know I can probably follow this plan to success, but I want to have some fun along the way.
    Old Ben is needed for the CLS event so you have to find the time to farm him at some time. However as R2D2 is also needed 7* for this event, it makes no sense to prioritize OB over Kylo in my eyes.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Vimes7 wrote: »
    Hello. I am lvl 55 and do most things written on the guide. The problem I have is that with only JC as a healer I can not finish all GW fights sometimes. Should I invest some effort in Lumi or Barris or just forget about winning all the GW battles?

There will be times that you won't be able to finish all GW battles. But Lumi is a bad choice, rather Barriss if you feel the need for another healer. With Wedge, the GW will be much easier.
  • Options
    Vimes7 wrote: »

There will be times that you won't be able to finish all GW battles. But Lumi is a bad choice, rather Barriss if you feel the need for another healer. With Wedge, the GW will be much easier.

That is so true: since I have Wedge, I just run through GW with 1 team (wiggs lando ezra boba), usually ending with 3-4 still standing at the very end. Another upside of getting Wedge is that he really makes your team stronger, but with a lower GP due to his 4s at unlock, so it will take some time before GW gets tougher.
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Your guide doesn't put much stock in Ima gun di past 5 star, he's pretty much just to get a Jedi mod team. That's just plain insane. Ima gun di is basically CLS for Jedi. Teamed up with Ayla secura they are the core for a strong Jedi team in both mod challenge and Yoda event. And use that team in territory battles and gw regularly. I would recommend farming Rey first in guild store but he's definitely number two.
  • Apotheosis
    159 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Kronen wrote: »
    Your guide doesn't put much stock in Ima gun di past 5 star, he's pretty much just to get a Jedi mod team. That's just plain insane. Ima gun di is basically CLS for Jedi. Teamed up with Ayla secura they are the core for a strong Jedi team in both mod challenge and Yoda event. And use that team in territory battles and gw regularly. I would recommend farming Rey first in guild store but he's definitely number two.

Once in a while, someone in this thread makes claims about how this guide is crazy to not include character <whoever>. I've done it myself. Here's the test any toon has to pass before being taken seriously in context of "helping F2P players get ahead".

1. Does your toon support the fact that squad arena and fleet arena are heart of this game, from the perspective of 'keeping up with the whales'? High arena rank = gems = refreshes = shards / gear. Doing well in other areas of the game, but failing in squad/fleet arena, is a net slowdown to your overall progress.
    2. The toon you're championing may be good, but is there something better, for an equivalent investment in time/gear? As one early post in this thread stated: "Just because something works, doesn't mean something else doesn't work better."
    3. The early and midgame are relatively brief moments in time, compared to the level 80+ endgame which lasts months. The key to doing well in this game (and to not despair and quit) is to be highly competitive once the endgame arrives, because it lasts so long. Does your toon address this need?

Or to put it bluntly: TB and GW are cute sideshows (really). So for IGD to be elevated to the role of 'key toon, worth investment beyond 5*', you need to show that you can place top 5 in squad arena in the endgame using a team built around him, perhaps using clever mods or other game mechanics.
    Post edited by Apotheosis on
  • Options
    Thanks for the awesome guide Raw. I started late with it, but am doing well and having fun. I bet I'd be miserable without it.

I'd love some guidance on this upcoming R2 event.

I will have four 7* toons at lvl 79, G7 (EP, GMT, TFP, RG) but not sure about Vader.

My Vader is 6* and 15/100 and I'm getting 10 shards per week in the fleet store.

Should I panic farm another Empire toon (EG Stormtrooper or Snowtrooper) or just go for a 6* R2 this time?

Or, blow some extra crystals on Fleet Store refreshes hoping for more Vader shards?

I guess the real question is whether R2 will come back again before the next CLS event. I'm in good shape with other CLS toons but don't want to be caught short with a 6* R2.

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    MVw00t wrote: »
    Thanks for the awesome guide Raw. I started late with it, but am doing well and having fun. I bet I'd be miserable without it.

I'd love some guidance on this upcoming R2 event.

I will have four 7* toons at lvl 79, G7 (EP, GMT, TFP, RG) but not sure about Vader.

My Vader is 6* and 15/100 and I'm getting 10 shards per week in the fleet store.

Should I panic farm another Empire toon (EG Stormtrooper or Snowtrooper) or just go for a 6* R2 this time?

Or, blow some extra crystals on Fleet Store refreshes hoping for more Vader shards?

I guess the real question is whether R2 will come back again before the next CLS event. I'm in good shape with other CLS toons but don't want to be caught short with a 6* R2.

CLS is very valuable. Spending 1000 crystals for store refreshes or another empire toon I would consider reasonable, if the other CLS toons are ready. Also consider possible achievements (e.g. Unlock dark side ships) to get Vader shards
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Wrong Apotheosis. Fleet arena is a good source to net fleet credits but it's nowhere near the top priority of the game. Other than the hero arena, second is raids, specifically heroic. Fleet is mainly there for getting you the zeta mat challenge. While a key part of the game I can get sufficient zetas between fleet rank and the mat challenge without breaking the top 100 in fleet arena. On the other hand you cannot get past gear 8 or 9 without doing raids. And you need Haat to net you Kenobi which is one of the top meta hero's on any server. You can spend crystals you earn from arena but your better off using those for energy refreshes for farming gear than buying gear piecemeal. And one of the best teams in Haat is a strong Jedi team. And unless you have a zeta qui Gon Jin, the best Jedi lead is I'ma gun di with his counter leader ability. And to be ready for HAAT he needs 7 stars and gear x minimum.
  • Options
    Wrong Apotheosis. Fleet arena is a good source to net fleet credits but it's nowhere near the top priority of the game. Other than the hero arena, second is raids, specifically heroic. Fleet is mainly there for getting you the zeta mat challenge. While a key part of the game I can get sufficient zetas between fleet rank and the mat challenge without breaking the top 100 in fleet arena. On the other hand you cannot get past gear 8 or 9 without doing raids. And you need Haat to net you Kenobi which is one of the top meta hero's on any server. You can spend crystals you earn from arena but your better off using those for energy refreshes for farming gear than buying gear piecemeal. And one of the best teams in Haat is a strong Jedi team. And unless you have a zeta qui Gon Jin, the best Jedi lead is I'ma gun di with his counter leader ability. And to be ready for HAAT he needs 7 stars and gear x minimum.

Fleet is a lot more important to FTP now as it is a potential source of 400 crystals daily. That's almost as good as doubling your income if you were already coming in Arena first daily.
    If you weren't getting Arena 1st daily, this might even be better income than Arena.
    Fleet is also very important to TB now, and I would assume most HAAT guilds want to recruit rosters that have good GP. So please do not spread the idea that Fleet is only for Zeta mats.

On a side note, I don't have QGJ unlocked, and my Imma gunna die is only unlocked because I opened him from bronzium. I have no use for Jedi and can still easily score 10m in HAAT, take first in Arena and Fleet daily. He is non essential and thus should NOT be a recommendation.

https://swgoh.gg/u/huatimus/collection/?f=jedi
  • Options

Not breaking top 100 in fleet? This guide is for players trying to break top 10, if not place top 1 or 2 every day. Most of us who've used it wisely (and played according to the real priorities in this game) have been able to catch up with P2P players, and be somewhat competitive. I spent most of the game in the 20-50 payout and am now taking 1-5 daily. I also take first place in fleet daily, which now pays 400 gems. Ten months into this game, and by following this guide, I've actually made up for a slow and terrible early game. It goes to show what's possible when you have your priorities set correctly.

Overall, within the plan of taking smart shortcuts to get to the top of the game faster, IGD is NOT a priority. There are plenty of easier ways to get your GK shards than to focus on P1 Jedi teams.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Some words for the endgame people:

After I scored more than 10 million last hAAT, I must really say IGD would not matter much.
    The only possible use is as a leader in the 'Kenobi sink' which requires a 7* GK, Maul. Replaceable but useful: Boba, FOTP. However I refuse to change mods for raids and I wouldn't have mods for making the otherwise useless Maul fast enough to apply daze before the enemy starts. As the team would only grant like 700k without top mods, it's not so relevant.

You can score like 20 millions with the teams
    P1 Zolo CLS
    P2 Zinn Poe BB8 RT RP
    P3 Teebo Jyn/Thrawn DN Chaze
    P4 Wiggs Ezra Leia R2
    Even hAAT solos are possible with 14 or 15 toons now. If your guild is too weak consider changing it. At least hire a Merc that will do it for you (in then time between TB).

For Arena, the former Jedi are not viable any more. Maybe with hermit yoda, but not the usual zQGJ teams. However GK Zarriss is perfect. I use the g12 armor on GK and with 37k health+30% from his leader+R2d2's 10% (g12: another 6250 Health), that's about 50k health so each crit is counter-healed by 10k. Very hard to kill, I haven't dropped below 3 today.

Fleet arena is extremely important now so prepare for Chimaera, use your fleet Token for Ghost, Phantom and Bistan's (if not Cassian's UWing). Get 6x 6* light side ships for a 7* Ackbar, which is needed to 7* Chimaera.
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Apothesis what guide are you talking about? This guide was clearly stated for new and f2p players not people trying to break the top ten.
  • Options
    Apothesis what guide are you talking about? This guide was clearly stated for new and f2p players not people trying to break the top ten.

This game is all about opportunity costs, for which in many cases one particular choice is better than all other, and in all other cases a clear hierarchy can be established. I think Raw has laid out a wonderful roadmap for everyone, with the best return on investment. Of course you are free to deviate, but know then that with the current state of the game, you are wasting resources, and therefore arena and fleet rank, therefore missing out on more resources, therefore risking falling back further, etcetera.
  • pnhuy
    92 posts Member
    Options

This topic do give you a chance ( less or more depend on your luck) to break the top (arena and fleet arena).
    I followed this topic after lv30 (late jan 2017), and with luck , i still can get in to top untill now ( no cls,gk).

I really thank Raw, Apothesis, and everyone who have posted in this topic that help me a lot.

Swgoh/u/pnhuy
  • Apotheosis
    159 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Sigh.

Enjoy the rest of your game.
  • Options
    Whenever you have spare energy. She helps to win against the hardest possible teams, together wth GK. However, she will only shine after you have zeta'd her so you have some time.
    The one thing I really want to do different is my arena selection. I pulled baze for this account, and I just really like having sidious on my pvp team - I'd assume the reason everyone ignores him is because kylo is essentially the same but better?
    Sid is totally useless. I have him 7* lvl1 g1 and only use him to register a 0 dmg in raids. The only use he has.
    He is so slow and does absolutely no dmg. He will simply be cannon fudder and never even have a single turn before your team is defeated.
    The first ever account I ever took and held number 1 with actually had sid and rey on them, though I know it was probably more luck than anything. Idk why but I can play around sid really well no matter what team I put around him (rey would 1 shot people, probably still does). I'd heed your advice on the subject though - It seems like he offers no other value besides my arena preference for him.
    This game works on the "power creep" principle. New/reworked chars are always suppsed to be stronger than the older ones, and until the older ones get a rework for themselves, they become worthless. Sid had his time, but that was a year ago.
    You want R2D2, and for R2D2 you want Empire toons. One of the Empire toons will be EP. For EP you want 5 Rebels, and Baze would not help you there.
    Old Ben is needed for the CLS event so you have to find the time to farm him at some time. However as R2D2 is also needed 7* for this event, it makes no sense to prioritize OB over Kylo in my eyes.

Hey guess my post didn't work? Thanks for the reply I appreciate it. I noticed Kannan Jarrus is a rebel sold in arena ships as well. He doubles as a jedi, but not having any other phx to synergize with him probably makes him a weak arena/rebel option I'm assuming?
  • Options

Thanks for the reply appreciate it. I've seen some super late game (level 85) teams using zid and resistance stealth team on the forums, so maybe I'll still get to run him at some point. As for zariss I'll check back later when I'm in the 60's.

Power creep is nothing new to me. MOBA's are completely based around "new/reworked" hero's and I understand this is no different. Since I've been away for awhile I haven't kept up with all the trends. His kit has the typical pvp strengths, though I guess these day's that has changed for this game.

I've been focus requesting gear for lando/baze, thanks for clarifying. I noticed kannan jarrus counts as a rebel and is in arena shipments as well. He's new so I don't know if he would work outside he's phx squad. Has anyone tried him? I was thinking since he could double as a jedi I should find out if anyone has tried him on a rebel squad.

Thanks again! You're awesome bro.
  • Options
    Hi guys, I am following this guide and just reached lvl 69 and unlocked Wedge.

I have no clue what to buy in TB store.
    Any suggestions?
  • Options
    Hi guys, I am following this guide and just reached lvl 69 and unlocked Wedge.

I have no clue what to buy in TB store.
    Any suggestions?

I buy chaze there.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Ll

Thanks for the reply appreciate it. I've seen some super late game (level 85) teams using zid and resistance stealth team on the forums, so maybe I'll still get to run him at some point. As for zariss I'll check back later when I'm in the 60's.

Power creep is nothing new to me. MOBA's are completely based around "new/reworked" hero's and I understand this is no different. Since I've been away for awhile I haven't kept up with all the trends. His kit has the typical pvp strengths, though I guess these day's that has changed for this game.

I've been focus requesting gear for lando/baze, thanks for clarifying. I noticed kannan jarrus counts as a rebel and is in arena shipments as well. He's new so I don't know if he would work outside he's phx squad. Has anyone tried him? I was thinking since he could double as a jedi I should find out if anyone has tried him on a rebel squad.

Thanks again! You're awesome bro.

Visit this page at least once a week:
    https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/#squads

You will see that there is no Sid, nowhere. He simply does not exist in terms of viable arena chars.

Kanan Jarrus is only needed for the Phoenix Squad. You need that squad for Thrawn and TB some day, but it should not be a priority before lvl85. I unlocked Thrawn on 7* with a g8 Kanan and finish 5/6 TB P5 waves with the team (only Ezra modded and g11), 6/6 possible if modded, so more is not needed even for the end game.

• Apotheosis
    159 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi all,

I've been collecting notes about this game for a few months now, many of which were written for friends or guildmates to try optimize their path upward. Here's some of the most critical that I thought would be worth sharing. All of these points should be read within the context of following Raw's guide. Maybe others will find it helpful.

Early/Mid-Game (lvl 30-80):
    • Stay focussed on the key toons you need for squad and fleet arena. Every drop of energy is precious and putting gear into random other toons to "give them a try" is wasteful. It puts you further behind.
    • Try hard to create a window of time (3+ weeks) early on(1), to channel all your cantina energy into farming 5* mods. A decent mod situation is reached when you have 10+ secondary speed mods on all your arena toons, underneath optimal primary stats(5). This is especially important for the early "who has the faster Boba?" arena meta.
    • Without Kylo, you don't have much of a chance against early Nihilus-Dooku teams, against which you can kill everyone except Dooku, who then proceeds to wipe out your entire team.
    • Chirrut+Baze teams, Phoenix teams, and Dooku teams all strongly discourage AoE attacks, and these teams are very popular in the midgame meta. So, Lando's usefulness expires rather early(2). Switch to a Rex or Wedge lead as soon as possible. You'll need to compensate for the speed deficit via mods.
    • P1 of the Rancor and P2/P4 of the AAT are vulnerable to Biggs+Wedge high damage, with support. You can build the following teams: Rancor - Wedge, Biggs, Rex, QGJ, and Fives. AAT - Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Boba, and Ackbar. These teams repurpose toons obtained in this guide, and allow you to put up decent damage numbers until you get the luxury of resources to build better endgame raid teams.

Endgame (level 80+):
    • Having tried both Sun Fac and Maul, I'd heavily recommend SF over Maul, since the Scimitar-under-Ackbar gimmick only works until your fleet opponents bring out their Asoka & Fives ships, and Maul as an arena toon is presently non-meta. SF, on the other hand, can be used during your endgame transition(3) as either a primary or secondary tank, and his ship can be paired with Biggs' to buy you enough turns to win against stronger teams by activating Tarkin's ultimate ability.
    • Tanks - and to an extent, supports - are competitive at low stars as long as they have high gear. Notable examples include Baze, ShT, R2D2, Thrawn, and DN. Don't be discouraged by a late start in farming these characters, such as from level 80+ hard nodes, or if you can only unlock event toons to 5*. Plan to hoard gear for these characters so that you can quickly get them up to g10+ immediately after unlock(4).
    • The much-hated Chirrut & Baze (Chaze) pair have incredible longevity in the current meta. You can be many months into the endgame, and well-built Chaze teams will still be capable of taking top payout. So you should plan to unlock and use these toons in arena, unless you expect to unlock GK within a few weeks after reaching level 85.
    • R2 and Thrawn are important support toons in the current meta, in that they give you much-needed tools to break open P2P G12 endgame arena teams. Both are candidates for a 5* unlock strategy, in which the toons you need to unlock them are only farmed to 5*, thereby saving resources and letting you get both, instead of one or the other.

Notes:

(1) Based on the guide, early-midgame Cantina priorities are 1. Lando 7* 2. Kylo 7* 3. TFP 5* 4. Wedge 7*. Mod farm opportunities exist between completion of each of these characters, with the biggest time gap probably being between the completion of TFP to 5*, and the start of Wedge. Please note that my sense of daily energy refresh pace comes from my own experience in the 21-50 rank payout (150 gems) for the entire early and mid game. This meant at most, one cantina refresh daily.

(2) This is also why Boba tends to die early in fights. His AoE ability block is nice but he suffers heavily for its use, and the player is left scrambling to find an Execute target to refresh his Bounty Hunter's Mark. Until R2's smoke screen becomes available, I'd advise players to prefer single-target stuns / abilities over AoE ones. Kylo's stun is very good in this regard.

(3) SF can replace either STH or Kylo in our typical Wedge(L) Biggs Boba STH Kylo midgame team.

(4) Specific viability of gear levels depends on the state of your arena competition. In general, staying within one gear level of your top arena competitors, should make your team viable. ("Viable" being defined as: you can attack into them with >50% win rate, thereby giving you a path up to the topmost arena payouts within your payout hour, but possibly requiring the 50-gem purchase of another 5 attacks.)

(5) It's worth highlighting a point made by Raw in his guide: "Your attackers usually need to be fast and hit hard." If you look at the rosters of arena-dominant players who are well into the endgame, you invariably see their attack toons loaded with +speed and +offense secondaries. As a more specific example, if you pull a gold mod with both these stats, and get two additional rolls of each - with a final result of, say, +11 speed, +60 offense - this is a mod worth keeping. So is a mod with only one roll of speed and three rolls of offense (e.g. +7 speed, +80 offense). The final endgame goal is to have secondary stats like these, underneath speed-type mods, with toon-specific optimal primary stats.
  • Options
    Many thanks @Apotheosis for these additional insights. I am very much looking forward to 6* and then 7* Wedge so that I (finally) can do 100k+ damage in raids!

My weakness so far is modding: I simply hate the farm, so I am hoping that as soon as my Jedi are strong enough to unlock tier II (and hopefully not much later tier III), I will be able to buy mods in the store. Some days ago, I got a 4d speed prim. arrow for 800k IIRC, so I am hoping more will show up to help me mod without stopping the grind for Wegde 7* and TFP 5* (on the short term, followed by Finn to go with rest of his merry band).
  • Options
    After trying for a while I finally was able to pull Baze+Chirrut from first chromiums on my rerolled acc.
    Will be hoarding energy to get a nice start.
    What team shall I build around them as f2p player in low to mid game to get ahead in arena?
    Eventually I will probably go for chaze/wiggs/X but need some help to get as much as possible while getting there.
    Shall I replace STH for Leia in arena shipments since I already have a tank?
    Should I focus on Lando and Boba in cantina or swap to another toons like Phoenix squad?