Lets stop the GW whining. Guide.

Prev13
SidiousIsPikachu
771 posts Member
edited January 2016
Ok too many guys whine too much about losing in GW. lets put an end to it, and lets proof that you just need to adapt your team to GW, and no "EA need to nerf GW". its other way around.

Start: Az0LkNF.jpg
and champs:
atQK4IF.jpg

Barris Passive heal, barris passive heal from atc, barris heal, jc heal, jc selfheal from atc, sid selfheal. is it enough ?
blah blah blah, winning winning winning

Last fight:
Z4PN55V.jpg
And champs:
MF29AIk.jpg

Oh yes, they all 100%.
Dont believe me ? in-game:
TJ4xwHT.jpg

and won:
KhTtMpK.png
EFpq5UC.jpg

Won in 27 mins. using ONLY those 5 champs, they allways 100% hp... No retreats (27 mins and remember barris have like 10 dmg and im complimenting her, and it would've been much faster if i would auto all time instead of stopping and taking pictures for you.

So. now, after we saw that only 5 champs can win in easiest game mode... can we stop whining about EA need to change it or how hard it is, and just make a team for GW if you want the prizes?
Thank you, and remember to allways use pikachu.

P.S: obviously its not a real guide, nothing showing here how to win besides why BALANCED lineups of healers, half tank, and 2 dmgers, are better than full DPS/Speed, full droid teams or full Sith teams.

Replies

• Options
    This whole post is just touching bragging. Yes GW is beatable and anyone with common sense knows so.
  • SidiousIsPikachu
    771 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The number of posts about how Hard GW shows different - unless you saying there are lot of people in this forum which dont have common sense.

and i have nothing to brag about, my PvP is bad :) just want ppl to stop with this whining and start put balanced teams.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Savage Oppress? And Talia? Phasma only at 5*?
    Try again when you face a team that's actually difficult. Until then, don't deny others' experiences based on ones you've had that are not the same.
    ETA: Based on your reserves, you have spent hundreds of dollars on this game (or have been really, really lucky). You might consider that others haven't.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Try again when you face a team that's actually difficult. Until then, don't deny others' experiences based on ones you've had that are not the same.
    ETA: Based on your reserves, you have spent hundreds of dollars on this game. You might consider that others haven't.

I fought that team twice last night
  • Options
    because everyone has a Barris to use.... right? way to brag your spending
    I don't care anymore. I tried to be nice, I tried to speak my concerns... you trolls just brought me to the dark side. Way to go. Working as intended.
  • Options
    ETA: Based on your reserves, you have spent hundreds of dollars on this game (or have been really, really lucky). You might consider that others haven't.

well, they are easy team, with worse overall stats and stars (im 31 stars overall, they 30). and bad toons yes. but i can do this everyday if you want, i faced alrdy 4 champs of 7* couple of times, and sure will meet again. and for some reason 10/11 are stronger than 12 most of times. and i believe that ALL of teams in gw are weaker than yours. otherwise it really would be impossible.

and about reserves: was lucky, not extremely. (wasted only 20$ once for 8 pack, which got me 3 aayla in same pack. rest is saving for another 8 pack.. things like that) and as you see, im using only farmable toons, so it even shows how f2p players can do well.
  • Options
    Dirlyn wrote: »
    because everyone has a Barris to use.... right? way to brag your spending

bronze pack barris. and everyone can farm luminara, its basically the same.

funny, i do post so people stop whining, they keep whining :)
    is it that hard for f2p to put a team of Lumi/sid/phasma/ig/JC ??
    im not talking QGJ, aayla (which i got with 20$ and luck) or rey to farm for months. easy,basic, balanced farmable toons
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    well, they are easy team, with worse overall stats and stars (im 31 stars overall, they 30). and bad toons yes.

Well, glad we got that straight. Yes, GW is easy when you face easy teams.
    bronze pack barris.

So your advice for people to stop "whining" about GW is to get lucky with easy opponent draws and get lucky bronzium drops. Thanks for the "guide", very handy.
    When you face a team that is actually hard -- one that will kill off 2 or 3 of your guys before you get 1 of theirs into the yellow, no matter what combination you try -- you will understand.
  • Options
    It it ever occur to you how new player can beat gw? I only beat old gw at lvl52. Never failed since.

There is no way you could win gw if you train 5 champ. If you could not win gw, the is no way you can upgrade your 2nd team.

Normally I Use 5 champ too but around 65 above ( have to fight max lvl), I need to throw cannon fodder once a while.
  • Options
    Yesterday I faced 4 7*, phasma, kylo, sid, fotp with a 6* poe... I gave up after 25 attempts. If it weren't for poe I'd of beat it... I couldn't even do a suicide squad because they just get face rolled and I don't even get to attack. Now if I had a billion credits to level my dang characters I'd probably be fine. Gw is tough sometimes but **** happens. They don't need to fix Gw they need to give us some pennies to level a B squad lol
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • SidiousIsPikachu
    771 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Well qeltar..
    Get lumi.
    And i had this problem, BEFORE i got barris. This is why now im saying, get lumi.
    Lumi,jc,talia.why would you die with 3 healers against those weak teams in gw??(yes they are so weak if you compare to those op teams in pvp if you wanna go up)
    And i said its not a real guide. This is why its here and not in guide section. Just showing how stupid those whining about gw when every1 have jc & talia, every1 can get daka/lumi in addition, but people choose not to do so.

And perhaps im lucky with packs, but if you think i allways face only weak team while other face strong teams nonstop.. Well im the luckiest dude alive probably.
  • Options
    Is there penalty to using weaker team to tone down the harder encounter in GW?

If I know I'm facing hard team I would swap in my weaker team to weaken them a little before finishing them off with my main team.

Is there penalty doing that?
  • Options
    well, they are easy team, with worse overall stats and stars (im 31 stars overall, they 30). and bad toons yes.

bronze pack barris.

So your advice for people to stop "whining" about GW is to get lucky with easy opponent draws and get lucky bronzium drops. Thanks for the "guide", very handy.
    When you face a team that is actually hard -- one that will kill off 2 or 3 of your guys before you get 1 of theirs into the yellow, no matter what combination you try -- you will understand.

battle 10 today I had:
    All level 66

7* Sid
    7* Phasma
    7* Kylo
    6* lumi
    4* FOTP

yeah. Come back when you have a hard team. I get at least 2 7* from battle 7 on
  • Options
    Yunne wrote: »
    Is there penalty to using weaker team to tone down the harder encounter in GW?

If I know I'm facing hard team I would swap in my weaker team to weaken them a little before finishing them off with my main team.

Is there penalty doing that?

@Yunne
    There's no "penalty" at all for using a "suicide" squad to weaken your battle first, it's actually a common method many players including myself use for Galactic War!

• Options
    Ofc you can. You face leia/dooku and want to waste their stealth/stun... or want to dodge this vadrr/kylo/sid aoe... You can throw lvl 1 team, burn their abilities, and win with ur mains easier.
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Anyways I'm glad the "You are whining" squad is a minority. Just looking at the forums there are far more people unahappy with the current absurd difficulty than not. It's supposed to be difficult, not nearly impossible. I have one 7 * and the rest 6 and 5. What I'm getting from node 7 on at level 65 is absolutely ridiculous.

I use suicide squads, I try different strategies...I've never finished a GW. I'm rank 70 in arena, almost 24,000 power
  • Options
    Hey, congrats on winning.
  • Options

bronze pack barris.

battle 10 today I had:
    All level 66

7* Sid
    7* Phasma
    7* Kylo
    6* lumi
    4* FOTP

yeah. Come back when you have a hard team. I get at least 2 7* from battle 7 on

Another one thinking i facing only easy teams.
    You think i dont face hard teams? I do. Why wont you share your team. My team would win them. Focusing fotp first, sid simple atc so he can't heal.ig86 assist.dead. than sid...kylo. Its easy team actually and i won teams like that and will keep win. Kylo and sid "countered" by barris. Perhaps you didnt balance yours good enough to win??
    Pvp is about mostly focusing on 1 aspect/synergy.
    Gw is balance so you can keep fight.
  • Options
    The best part of this thread is looking at the unlocked, gear 7, level 63 Rey.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Ofc you can. You face leia/dooku and want to waste their stealth/stun... or want to dodge this vadrr/kylo/sid aoe... You can throw lvl 1 team, burn their abilities, and win with ur mains easier.
    It's pretty obvious you've never actually tried this. Your level 1 team will burn Sid's AoE maybe. Maybe. And then they are all dead, and you start over.
    But very often the AI is smart enough not to burn specials if they can knock guys out with their regular attacks.
    I complete GW every day, this isn't about me. It's about a lot of other people you are insulting even though it's clear that you don't know what you're talking about.
  • Giodude2000
    240 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I too was fortunate to pull Bariss from a Bronze pack. She is now farmable on two nodes in DS level 5 I think.

My GW standard team is:

4* bariss
    7* lumi
    5* JC
    5* Sid
    7* NS Initiate

I just went level 65 and have had pretty good completion rate for the last week or so. Not as quick and easy as before for sure, but not impossible.

For those not so fortunate to pull a Bariss from a pack or spent a squillion $$ buying her it might take a while to farm the two nodes to get her, but it is doable. Otherwise use Lumi's passive heal and another high HP toon or Talia as the third "emergency only" healer.

Just my 2c.
  • Options
    Anyways I'm glad the "You are whining" squad is a minority. Just looking at the forums there are far more people unahappy with the current absurd difficulty than not. It's supposed to be difficult, not nearly impossible. I have one 7 * and the rest 6 and 5. What I'm getting from node 7 on at level 65 is absolutely ridiculous.

I use suicide squads, I try different strategies...I've never finished a GW. I'm rank 70 in arena, almost 24,000 power

Well then you are stronger than me. I around 100-150 allways and only 21k power. However, won all gw since got barris
    Did you try 3 4 healers? And if you rank 70 i guess you p2p (since i played whenever i can and got only to 64)
    Do you have lumi? Barris? Healers? Use them.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    To the OP:
    BfQWeyo.jpg
    That team would destroy yours before you even got a turn. That is what people are "whining" about.
    Fight #6 too. Wow.
  • Options
    Well qeltar..
    Get lumi.
    And i had this problem, BEFORE i got barris. This is why now im saying, get lumi.
    I'm running 7 star Lumi, 7 star sid, 6 talia, 6 Phasma and 5 Dooku - and I'm still getting whiped in GW by teams like Hendiju mentioned:
    7*, phasma, kylo, sid, fotp with a 6* poe.
    ...all 2-3 levels higher than me (I'm 65 and lately facing all 7 star 67+ level teams in GW)

And forget suicide squads - they don't even get shot off most of the time. And I have 4 & 5* chewie, aosohka, jc, jawa, etc. - nothing has worked against the stacked teams - and I'm talking about several hours of trying combos, etc. Only to come up with a TPC...again.

Yes, if I had a few hundred bucks to pay for packs, I could crush too. BTW, my squad power is 22,500+ (just a bit higher than yours) so please spare me the "guide".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have:
    7* Side
    6* Kylo
    6* JC
    5* Lumi (going slow because I can't get more than 400-800 creds a day
    5* Dooku
    5* Phasma
    6* HK

Thats about it. The rest are sub 50. As a F2P player I do not have a competitive bench
    And guess what braggart? YOU HAVE A THREE 7*. I'd expect you to have an easier time than me against that team.

With your bench I don't buy that you are F2P for one second
  • Options
    The best part of this thread is looking at the unlocked, gear 7, level 63 Rey.

Yep. Wallet warrior for sure.
  • Options
    Well lets sum it up:
    Most of you stronger than me.
    But im just lucky noob.
    You, strong players, cant finish gw.
    I, weak one, finish on auto.
    Such a lucky noob! Only weak teams, never strong ones.
    Oh yes, thats sounds like whining.

And yes, im sure your pvp teams better than mine, and i do believe its the real thing matters. But i find your inability to build balance team for a simple game mode like gw... Disturbing.
  • Options

Well then you are stronger than me. I around 100-150 allways and only 21k power. However, won all gw since got barris
    Did you try 3 4 healers? And if you rank 70 i guess you p2p (since i played whenever i can and got only to 64)
    Do you have lumi? Barris? Healers? Use them.

Nope. Look at my team. I'm not p2w
  • Options
    Well lets sum it up:
    Most of you stronger than me.
    But im just lucky troll.
    You, strong players, cant finish gw.
    I, weak one, finish on auto.
    Such a lucky troll! Only weak teams, never strong ones.
    Oh yes, thats sounds like whining.

And yes, im sure your pvp teams better than mine, and i do believe its the real thing matters. But i find your inability to build balance team for a simple game mode like gw... Disturbing.

FIFY

• Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Well qeltar..
    Get lumi.
    I'm running 7 star Lumi, 7 star sid, 6 talia, 6 Phasma and 5 Dooku - and I'm still getting whiped in GW by teams like Hendiju mentioned:
    7*, phasma, kylo, sid, fotp with a 6* poe.
    ...all 2-3 levels higher than me (I'm 65 and lately facing all 7 star 67+ level teams in GW)

And forget suicide squads - they don't even get shot off most of the time. And I have 4 & 5* chewie, aosohka, jc, jawa, etc. - nothing has worked against the stacked teams - and I'm talking about several hours of trying combos, etc. Only to come up with a TPC...again.

Yes, if I had a few hundred bucks to pay for packs, I could crush too. BTW, my squad power is 22,500+ (just a bit higher than yours) so please spare me the "guide".

And I've been finding "Smart" AI lately. If they can OHKO me with a regular attack they won't burn their specials on my suicide.

This discussion has been closed.