Game Update 1/17/2017 *MEGATHREAD*

Replies

• Options
    Darkside updates huh? I'd love to see them buff savage and give him synergy with Maul. I'd also like synergy with Vader & Palp. Dooku & Ventress. Boba & Dengar to name a few.
  • Options
    brett94 wrote: »
    So is it empire toons we can back with krennic and deathtrooper or ewoks cause as far as ive read its ewoks or is that just a separate reocurring event? Or is that the event just a 4 in 1 cause it will remain 4× longer then it should?

the update said any Squad will work with the Ops for Krennic and death trooper. But id throw a Empire team to be awesome.

• scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    brett94 wrote: »
    So is it empire toons we can back with krennic and deathtrooper or ewoks cause as far as ive read its ewoks or is that just a separate reocurring event? Or is that the event just a 4 in 1 cause it will remain 4× longer then it should?

Go read it again there is the event for new empires (special operation) that has no faction restrictions and a new assault battle (ground war) that uses Ewoks, ugnaught or resistance.

One does not affect the other
  • Options
    Darkside updates huh? I'd love to see them buff savage and give him synergy with Maul. I'd also like synergy with Vader & Palp. Dooku & Ventress. Boba & Dengar to name a few.

Vader and palp rarely actually fought side by side. While they were close synergy between them doesn't make huge sense IMO. But the. What do I know. Sideous tended to avoid fighting if at all possible and when he did fight it was usually because no one else was around to do it for him.

Synergy with maul and savage could be a thing. Wouldn't want the buff on savage to be too much though he is somewhat solid situationally currently. Also dooku/ventress seems like poor synergy as well. Dooku/grevious would make more sense to me but even that is a stretch.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    Mvnson wrote: »
    When does the Krennic event start.... i assume today?

The next update on future events is a week from now so Krennic is between now and then
    Wootus wrote: »
    I'm so so so grateful that Krennic and Death Trooper aren't unlocked via tournaments, but instead through an event.

Thank you so much! :smiley:

Totally agree!!

I've been reading all these positive replies and excitement about the new toons being released In an event and not a tourney. I didn't initially understand why...

Then I realized that you guys are probably assuming these "events" will be like Yoda or Palpatine or even k2so where you just have to beat a few levels and unlock a shiny new 7* toon.

On the other hand, based on about 14 months experience in this game, I assumed that these "events" are going to award a trivial amount of shards (if lucky, enough to unlock a 3* krennic or deathtrooper) then the remaining shards will need to be acquired through "bundles" or other data packs at a premium price. Then sometime in 2-3 months (May the fourth?) released into shipments for 320 crystals per 4 shards.

I'm not FTP, I'm $10.99 a month p2p and I'm not excited at all.

I would prefer it's not quite as bad as you say. But that still is good enough to get me hyped. There will be time enough to complain later if the event is a flop. For now Ima be excited about krennic and death troopers... I still want a way to farm shoretrooper outside tournaments.

I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    The update is so rad, i thought it was a fan post at first... hell yes, devs!! So stoked for some dark side love!
  • Options
    I didn't think about them not patterning this event after the K2 event. Everyone is going to be disappointed when they don't get 7* krennic and DT
  • crzydroid
    7323 posts Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I've been reading all these positive replies and excitement about the new toons being released In an event and not a tourney. I didn't initially understand why...

Then I realized that you guys are probably assuming these "events" will be like Yoda or Palpatine or even k2so where you just have to beat a few levels and unlock a shiny new 7* toon.

On the other hand, based on about 14 months experience in this game, I assumed that these "events" are going to award a trivial amount of shards...

I had a similar thought; forced ally and the fact you can use any team makes me think of the K-2 event. But then it seems weird that everyone would just get these toons 7* unless they were as mediocre as K-2. That would probably tick off all the people who have been clamoring for them for months.

But I certainly hope the rewards are at least somewhat better than the collosally disappointing Military Might event.

• Options
    Ugnaught, Resistance, or Ewok characters needed. Another event that I have no characters ready for . Oh and only a week away, plenty of warning there. Thanks EA

(Please refrain from using foul language in the forums. Thanks!)

People Farmed resistance for speed mods and ewoks for the rancor. I have poe Rey teebo elder and RP ready to go
  • Options
    If you already have a Shoretrooper unlocked at 4*, it will only cost just under $150 for the last 3 stars. Thank you team!

Wow!!! That's only half the price of the Nintendo switch!!! What a bargain!!!!
  • Options
    With all the rebels being overly good. Death trooper and krennic better be use able at 3* and 4* like chaze.
  • Options
    Iron_Zilla wrote: »
    Just wanna say I **** love the devs. FINALLY KRENNIC AND DEATHTROOPER! Not to mention farmable ST and Baze malbus. The new partner system which will open SOOOOOO many opportunities. Devs; you know how to treat a girl. Much love ❤️

Which partnersystem? U mean forced ally? That was part of k2 event... U had to take a k2 ally

Holy crap I completely forgot about that.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    No they better be balanced around what we have as the meta. No reason to bring broken toons into the game. We dont need another Evasion meta where only Dooku or Old ben were leads for all the teams right now there is variety.
  • Options
    I just hope they can defeat Baze f*ing Malbus.... :D
  • Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »

The next update on future events is a week from now so Krennic is between now and then

Special Operations starts later in January.

The real question is, will we be able to 7 star Krennic and the Death Trooper like android users were able to do with the K2 event?
  • Options
    10 Vader shards? Are you guys missing out that I can get 10 shards in a day without even trying.
    And I am now offered to upgrade 5 lousy characters just to get 10 Vader shards in achievements? Lemme guess, it will also hand out 500 gold?
  • Options
    Literally a day ago: "it's not fair that Chaze is so OP!!!!!!! There shouldn't be characters like this!"

Immediately after the update: "now that I can access these characters they better destroy everyone around me!"
  • Options
    Why cant they add some of these characters to the cantina tables or the LS / DS table? Its getting frustrating.
  • Options
    640 crystals for 8 shoretrooper shards. I hardly call that farmable. Pass
    +1

• Options
    Literally a day ago: "it's not fair that Chaze is so OP!!!!!!! There shouldn't be characters like this!"

Immediately after the update: "now that I can access these characters they better destroy everyone around me!"

No omg.
    Is more counter toons to Chaze a bad thing?
    ofc I hope they can counter them. Rebels have had there days, time for you to spend more money
  • Options
    Josh_K wrote: »
    If you already have a Shoretrooper unlocked at 4*, it will only cost just under $150 for the last 3 stars. Thank you team!

It could cost you nothing if you farmed it slowly from free crystals.

Thank you for the reply. The thought of getting it "free" never crossed my mind.

If you got 320 free crystals a day (dailies plus top 20 arena), that's 4 shards per day. 4 to 7 star takes a mere 250 shards. Only 62 days for that, while using the most premium currency in the game to the exclusion of everything else.

+23.5%
  • Options
    I hope they don't go to crazy, I am hoping for synergy but not anything that breaks the game OP.
  • Options
    The last line got me. At last we shall have pur revenge (i hope)
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    Options

Wootus wrote: »
    I'm so so so grateful that Krennic and Death Trooper aren't unlocked via tournaments, but instead through an event.

Thank you so much! :smiley:

Totally agree!!

On the other hand, based on about 14 months experience in this game, I assumed that these "events" are going to award a trivial amount of shards (if lucky, enough to unlock a 3* krennic or deathtrooper) then the remaining shards will need to be acquired through "bundles" or other data packs at a premium price. Then sometime in 2-3 months (May the fourth?) released into shipments for 320 crystals per 4 shards.

I'm not FTP, I'm $10.99 a month p2p and I'm not excited at all.

This
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    Options
    DieInFire wrote: »
    Josh_K wrote: »

It could cost you nothing if you farmed it slowly from free crystals.

Thank you for the reply. The thought of getting it "free" never crossed my mind.

If you got 320 free crystals a day (dailies plus top 20 arena), that's 4 shards per day. 4 to 7 star takes a mere 250 shards. Only 62 days for that, while using the most premium currency in the game to the exclusion of everything else.

+23.5%

Don't forget the gears, you will need like another 60 days to gear him up... and he is a garbage by this time :D
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »

No omg.
    Is more counter toons to Chaze a bad thing?
    ofc I hope they can counter them. Rebels have had there days, time for you to spend more money

never said that, didn't spend to get my toons, never even mentioned whether or not I have Chaze. stay in ya lane.
  • Options
    where does it say there will not be a tournament? it says 4 events. in all probability one of these will be a tournament
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Praise the Lord (Vader). Dark Side is comming! ^^

Shore in shipments is also great but 640 kristalls for 8 shards ... NO DEAL!

I allready have him at gear X and 3*. Don't thing he needs more Stars to be usefull in the arena.

Cant wait for Krennic and Deathi xD
  • Options
    Man, did you really just release update notes that are simply a tease for another tease coming in a week's time?
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I hope at least one of them is a fast debuffer. Or maybe both. ^^

Krennic could have an dark version of Barris passive special.

"At the end of his Turn, he dispelles all buffs from the Enemy with the highest health."

And the Deathtrooper probaly should get synergies with the Director.

Maybe a chance to debuff with his attacks when Krennic is also in the squad.

That should do the job. :D
    Post edited by GA_Phoenix on