Qui-Gonn team synergies

1235Next

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Unless you're running a Jedi majority team there is no reason to run him as leader.
  • Options
    Ahsoka is nice but not a hard hitter
    She has insane critical chance, and even without crits she hits as hard as Luke. And she has pretty reliable self-heal and an occassional group heal. Her only real flaw is that she's slow.

And you forgot Luminara - the ultimate healer-attacker combo, and one of the easiest farmable characters in the game.
  • Options
    Dario wrote: »
    Iam just experimenting with this this is my best and current trial, but if you are f2p I think you should use phasma as lead no jinn

Jinn 5*
    Old Ben 5*
    Kylo 7* / lumi 6*
    Poe 6*
    Tie pilot 5*

With lumi in replace of kylo the match can drag on a bit but I can get 2x heals off and win still. I am still experimenting with combos I only wish you could have 6x heros instead of 5.

Except that a 5* old ben and FOTP are both out of reach of f2p
  • Options
    So my thought is quigon lead gen soldier luminar dooku and either jc or someone else not sure. GuI gon lead would help jedi go faster and gen and dooku are alrdy fast so yea
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    Unless you're running a Jedi majority team there is no reason to run him as leader.

+1

And even then in arena, seeing as though his buff would not take place on the first turn I'm not sure he would be viable as a leader as most the match is finished during the first turn. A Jedi team in arena right now is somewhat a gamble with the all the Dokus and harder hitting Sith that dodge them left and right as well.
  • Options
    I just fought another Phasma led Dooku, and I hatevit so much. I dont care what people say about RNG, that assist proc rate is way higher than 1/5 chance
  • Options
    I just fought another Phasma led Dooku, and I hatevit so much. I dont care what people say about RNG, that assist proc rate is way higher than 1/5 chance

As I use Phasma as my leader it seems like it procs noticeably more often for the AI. Also a lot of the bonus attacks on offense are wasted when a character dies.
  • Rekoj
    2 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    At this point I have just about every worthwhile character at least 5*, I am trying to find a better synergy team to run. Im not sure about running droids, and with a 7* QGJ, Fisto and Old Ben, as well as a 7* lumi.. There is also Anakin and IGD who could take the Fisto slot.

Im wondering if going Jedi is a good plan. I could stick a 6* Aayla with them. Or a near 7* Fives. 6* Poggle or Phasma? I am leary of going all jedi though because of a lot of the Anti Jedi "favorites" that people run.

I just hate seeing a 7* of 2 quality guys like QGJ and Ben go to waste. I am also considering just rolling a FO Team with 6* Phas/FOTP/FOO/Kylo and then either the 6* Poggle or Poe, or even QGJ or Ben. I do have 7* Sid/Leia but im not terribly thrilled with them. They are good, but looking at the HP of that Jedi team, and the synergy/Attacks and lock downs.. It's tempting. The FO synergy is even better, but a bit more glass canon-ish.
    Post edited by Rekoj on
  • Options

His maxed leader affects all team members!
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Cecton wrote: »

Not yet. Maybe after next level upgrade.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »

Not yet. Maybe after next level upgrade.

Yeah not until hero level 82.

I don't use his leadership ability as I mainly use him as a poggle type hero with an assist call which is pretty awesome. Paired with strong hitters for the assist and he does really well.
  • Options
    Hey all, since Qui-Gonn was added to shipments I am going all in on him. I was curious what the best synergies for him are other than the obvious all Jedi team. I am currently running
    Lumi
    Phasma
    Sid
    Kylo
    JC/Vader/5s/Dooku

Also is it worth it to invest in Poggle from GW if I am going QGJ because they both offer offense up buffs.

Best Combo seems to be Poe, GS, Phasma (L), FOTP and QGJ. Even if you Poe goes first, they still act before any of your (for eg) Droids. QGJ goes first he goes for your FOTP or 88 w/assist. GS also goes before or right after your Poe (if you have him). Some replace GS with Sid (As leader often) as it soaks your entire team and ensure any action taken results in one of your chars lost. If QGJ goes after Poe he dispells taunt, if not also kill him but the result is Poe os just an expensive turn meter guy that shields not you team. Whenever FOTP attacks doom. The moment Phasma triggers assist, another char dies.

Like this:
    Bro I have Daka and she is useless, her revive is cool but it rarely works for me, guess I have bad luck.
    I am level 65 and stay in the 200-500 bracket
    I have around 20,000 power in arena
    I beat it for the first time today with
    Sid
    Lumi
    JC
    Ig86
    I used poggle untill battle 6 which was when he died, then i used daka, she died in battle 7 and then fives lasted me untill i finished it

sid is 7* lumi 6* jc 5* ig86 and poggle 4* fives 4*

Once i get qui gon he will be my leader instead of lumi, and hope it will be much easier to beat

Yeah Daka is probably the most overrated char. I have her at 7* max everything and her stun is so unreliable it's worst that roulette. The revive...if you need a revive to win at anything your are most definitely lost. One in a hundred ganes it's abgame changer. But why leave thing to chance? Just pop GS or abheavy hitter and destroy one enemy at sight.

Is she useful? Only in GW because you can get her to srun 90% of times with retreat - but just the char the arNG wants.

In contrast, Dooku at least stuns Jedi's 90% of times.

• Options
    Bro I have Daka and she is useless, her revive is cool but it rarely works for me, guess I have bad luck.
    Sid
    Lumi
    JC
    Ig86
    I used poggle untill battle 6 which was when he died, then i used daka, she died in battle 7 and then fives lasted me untill i finished it

Once i get qui gon he will be my leader instead of lumi, and hope it will be much easier to beat

I second this. I farmed Daka because she was so highly recommended but so far she seems useless in GW and arena overall. She is much more annoying to fight against than having her in your team. She is needed for the DS battles but overall I have been very underwhelmed.

Then again I also have Barriss for GW so I don't rely on Daka as much for a healer.

Agreed! She is not bad, but close to "meh"
  • Options
    dcsnavy87 wrote: »
    Seems like it would be more motivating for players spending modest amounts of $ on the game for cromium only characters to at least open for farming on a node after you draw them from a cromium pack..

I think that idea has some merit
    Roger roger
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Pilot wrote: »
    No. The coin flip isnt changed at all by QGJ. Having QGJ is just snowball for the winner of the Poe coin-flip. QGJ isn't countering or changing anything, not even softly. Here is how it plays out.
    Team 1 Poe (T1P)
    Team 1 QGJ (T1Q)
    Team 1 Geonesian Soldier (T1G)
    Team 2 Poe (T2P)
    Team 2 QGJ (T2Q)
    Team 2 Geonesian Soldier (T2G)

For simplicity, assume that Team 1 wins the Poe roll in going first.

T1P - Taunts
    T1G - Calls ally targeting T2Q
    T1Q - Cally ally targeting T2Q
    T2Q died
    T2P - Taunts
    T2G - Calls ally targeting T1Q
    T1Q survives
    T1Q removed T2P Taunt, prividing his team with Offense Up
    Team 1 cleans up the remainder of Team 2.

I notice in your perfect world there is no dodge or assist.

As stated he can make the coin flip less painful when you lose. :D I said CAN not Will. Geez.

Bentwookie for president.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Sid
    Lumi
    JC
    Ig86

I second this. I farmed Daka because she was so highly recommended but so far she seems useless in GW and arena overall. She is much more annoying to fight against than having her in your team. She is needed for the DS battles but overall I have been very underwhelmed.

Then again I also have Barriss for GW so I don't rely on Daka as much for a healer.

Agreed! She is not bad, but close to "meh"

I think she's a boss and his stun is awesomesauce. Heal and resurrection are just a bonus. At 7* she gets decent stats.

The only problem with her is oportunity cost. Cantina Shipment are right now the premium currebcy. Poe, QGJ are the two best farmable chars for arena right now, and Fives and First Order Officer are really good as well and two future MVP when the cap raises again, as they'll gain a lot. If Daka were a GW or Arena rewsrd, she'll be maxed and seen a lot more.