Qui-Gonn team synergies

Replies

• Options
    Boogz wrote: »
    veloce wrote: »
    i am using 7star full up QJG and QGJ drop rate in chrom pack is exclusively high
    but that is the advantage for money spenders
    If u r not goning to spend more money on chrome pack 2 star QGJ is useless
    I have opened five 8 packs and got 10 QGJ shards. All of my packs except for one were structured the same. All shards then a character at the end.

And before all you "f2p" players attack. I am not salty about the money wasted. I am fortunate enough to be in a position where I can spend money on dumb video games. I actually care about the game and its future.

well u opened 5 pack and saying it not worth it?
    i opened over 100 packs. which one do u think is more statistically correct?

• Options
    >As mentioned before, it could be a node unlocked after you pull the character from a chromium. Not holding my breath.

Best idea ever. Great incentive tu pull Chromium, and still a lot of grind to go. I like this because it seems reasonable, even if drop rates are low end.

There are certainly a lot of unused slots in cantina battle nodes that could be filled with situational hero shards in this manner. Not that every node there needs a hero to farm, just that it feels kind of sparse as it is.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Boogz
    21 posts Member
    Options
    i am using 7star full up QJG and QGJ drop rate in chrom pack is exclusively high
    but that is the advantage for money spenders
    If u r not goning to spend more money on chrome pack 2 star QGJ is useless
    I have opened five 8 packs and got 10 QGJ shards. All of my packs except for one were structured the same. All shards then a character at the end.

And before all you "f2p" players attack. I am not salty about the money wasted. I am fortunate enough to be in a position where I can spend money on dumb video games. I actually care about the game and its future.

well u opened 5 pack and saying it not worth it?
    i opened over 100 packs. which one do u think is more statistically correct?

Wasn't saying you are wrong. Just sharing my unlucky experience.
  • Options
    dcsnavy87 wrote: »
    Seems like it would be more motivating for players spending modest amounts of $ on the game for cromium only characters to at least open for farming on a node after you draw them from a cromium pack..

Yep, this would make much more sense. If spending money means that I might get something I can't use, then I won't spend at all. If spending money means I'll definitely get something I CAN use, then I would spend money.

With the current system, I intend to spend no money. Sorry, love the game though! :)
  • Options
    Mittens wrote: »
    This is the biggest money grab of all time. Sick people at the top scheming to get your money with not a single thought about how the game will be perceived.

Can you come over and mow my lawn and was my car? What?! You want me to pay you for that? I'm tired of money grabbing people like you scheming to get my money for your time and resources spent!
    Just let me farm my characters. 1 shard a day max. I really don't care. Anything but being forced to spend more money.

Who is forcing you to spend money? I have never received a pop up saying that in order to continue playing or farming that I needed to spend money.

Pop ups would be great actually. I'm happy to help them earn money by exposing myself to some advertising banners. Easy win-win for everyone. But I too am less happy to exchange money for chances at goods rather than for actual goods. So I don't spend money. I would if they changed their business model a little though.
  • Options
    You'd need to be exposed to 18,000 ads a day, continuously, for the next 6 centuries to bring the revenue they are now getting for significant improvemnts to your position
  • Options
    No this is not another Poe or QGJ thread! As many of us don't have QGJ perhaps some of those who do have him in the end game meta can shed some light how well he scales with star level. I have doubts he will be usable even at 4 star in end game PVP, when might one expect to pull him out for arena?
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    I unlocked him tonight and he was only 2 stars :(

Long ways to go
  • Options
    4* he is kinda in GW for a fast hit team, but he is so easy to kill at 4*, even geared. I've used him with some non important Jedi though to ice a couple threats on an all 7* purple in GW
  • Options
    I was afraid of that, seems will probably have to wait until five or six star to bring him out. GS I was able to sneak in as early as four, unfortunate.
  • Options
    Mine qgj is 7*, max ix gear, max vii abilities and is always on my pvp squad. His low health is a definite liability even at 7*, but his abilities more than make up for it, and he synergizes easily with most team builds. I did try and use him as I leveled and star him up, imo he is not viable in the arena until 5-6 stars minimum, with max gear (obviously) and abilities are level 6... that's when his "attack up" for the whole team proc's with his dispel attack. At lower stars he will be one hit cannon fodder in the arena, though still very useful in gw, & ls battles. Just my two cents
  • Options
    Depends on your board though. On the right build he can be feasible boosting Jedi speed and his assist is good. Aside from leader though not really.

I had decent results running a Jedi Sith Hybrid Him Lumi JC Sid Dooku. The team was pretty fast, but not enough damage on my bracket to really fight, let alone hold. I could get into top 30 with it, but not hold. I run much differently now and can easily fight my way most anywhere in it, despite most my top 10 being 25 or 26+ k Power to my 22.

In GW though he is great on a fast suicide squad to soften a tough team up. I hit mostly 7* purples 65+ lvl most my walk so towards the end I use other teams on them to keep my A for the last fight
  • Options
    Well I guess that question is answered
  • Options
    Yes go farming it in cantina
  • CaptainDaniel
    149 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    What do you guys do when you already working towards a set team, and then this guy comes along. For example in my position, I was farming Old Dhaka, and I have collected 36/80 shards. Obviously with Qui gon being only 25 shards and having some pretty kick-asss moves, is that reason enuf to stop farming Old Dhaki and start with Qui gon.

Reason being, he would prob be a kick-asss addition to my squad, perhaps even more so than Old Dhaka.

All this hype about Qui gon has got me all confused about who to farm now.

Thoughts please. Don't be shy
  • Options
    He's a great hero, and will be worth the farm. The fuss and arguing is mostly overblown and there are still good debates left to be had on some of the balance issues.

I'd still get Daka as her utility helps in GW and DS missions. At least take her to 5/6.

QGJ shines in Jedi heavy teams and teams with heavy hitters to call on for assist.

Strictly in my opinion I would go Daka to 5*, Poe to 5* and then QGJ all the way.
  • Options
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    He's a great hero, and will be worth the farm. The fuss and arguing is mostly overblown and there are still good debates left to be had on some of the balance issues.

I'd still get Daka as her utility helps in GW and DS missions. At least take her to 5/6.

QGJ shines in Jedi heavy teams and teams with heavy hitters to call on for assist.

Strictly in my opinion I would go Daka to 5*, Poe to 5* and then QGJ all the way.

Kind of the exact response I was looking for here.

• Options
    Not so SOL anymore, eh? ;)
  • Options
    You can farm qui gon now
  • Options
    I have saved up 2k, but I don't know that he will be good at high stars.
    (I haven't got a Jedi Team)
  • Options
    So I already have him at 2* from a chromium, but my only decent Jedi is lum at 6*. Is there much point in me farming him when I can't really make the most of his leader ability?
  • Options
    He is probably the best all around character of the game, leader ability in use or not.
  • G1lly
    33 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
  • Options
    What do you guys do when you already working towards a set team, and then this guy comes along. For example in my position, I was farming Old Dhaka, and I have collected 36/80 shards. Obviously with Qui gon being only 25 shards and having some pretty kick-asss moves, is that reason enuf to stop farming Old Dhaki and start with Qui gon.

Reason being, he would prob be a kick-asss addition to my squad, perhaps even more so than Old Dhaka.

All this hype about Qui gon has got me all confused about who to farm now.

Thoughts please. Don't be shy

36 shards isn't much really. Think of it this way... a 7* character that you want is 330 shards. It's better you farm the characters you really want. With that said, Dakka is also very strong, but Poe and QGJ are probably better.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    What to do with a 2 star QGJ? Upgrade to 7 star doh...
  • Options
    Lets not forget Yoda is possibly going to be released with the shard trade update next month, likely making a Jedi team even more useful. I predict Yoda being powerful enough this will be a "bring balance to the force" patch :-)
  • Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    Lets not forget Yoda is possibly going to be released with the shard trade update next month, likely making a Jedi team even more useful. I predict Yoda being powerful enough this will be a "bring balance to the force" patch :-)

You do know that Yoda will be Chromium or pay to get right? So even if he is released, are you a pay player? And it won't be $5, it will be like 50 or 100. It's not what you think.

And Jedi are not easily gotten in the game.

JC, Jedi girl (who throws the lightsabers) won't help much
    Ahsoka is nice but not a hard hitter
    Barriss is low hitter, but u have to pay for her
    Eeth is available. he is great. fast and reliable stun
    ima, kit, plo, mace are hard to get and hard to farm

Jedi aren't easy, man.
  • Options
    So I just pulled shards to get my kit fisto to 6 star now I'm reevaluating my Jedi team
    I have these toons
    Aayla secura 5* lv 49 gear 5
    Obi wan 5* lv 49 gear 4
    Barriss offee 4* lv 49 gear 4
    Lumi 4* lv 49 gear 4
    JC 5* lv 49 gear 4
    Kit fisto 6* lv 47 gear 4
    Ima- Gun Di 4* lv 47 gear 5
    Qui-gon Jin 4* lv 47 gear 4 (close to 5* will be farming him in cantina)

What is the best team I can make with these Jedi? Who should I use as my leader?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Ima gun di as leader in arena, Qi gon every where else.
    I'd do Ima gun di, QGJ, Ayla, Luminara and obi wan
  • Xeox
    68 posts Member
    Options
    Hey

My team is

QGJ 7* gear VII
    Ahsoka 7* gear VII & 3/6
    Lumi 7* gear VII & 3/6
    Ayala 5* gear VII & 3/6
    Barriss 4* gear VII & 4/6

All are 5 abilities (all abilities except leader skill which only QGJ is 5' rest are 3)

All level 55

GW was to easy for them so I have my dark side team now to one shot GW for some challenge

Arena I take 1st every day for three weeks even thou we have one payer who at 10k power and a team I can clear in 5 Attacks takes from me and three more thtat have 2k more power then me at 19400

Clear all light side battles with ease on hard soon as they open up

QGJ speed boost gives me first turn on 4/5 of the toons (Ahsoka is slower then rest)
    Vs Poe teams even if Poe goes first I don't care they live long enough to heal and take out poe's taunt then one attcker
    Lumi and Ahsoka crit for 5k each on special, 3.2k non crit
    Lumi and Ahsoka normal attack is 2200 non and 3300 crit
    Jin's attacks are 2000-4500 and you can use assist attack every second turn
    Barriss' heal thru immunity is crucial vs Sid
    Ahsoka heals self every second main attack and her special is about 30%
    Aayla's counter is great(bugged with the stun go itching on the counter)
    Aayla has 100% on crib stun (can be resisted) and self heal every 3rd

I know you don't have them all but great synergy, Ahsoka's downfall is speed but I like the character so she stays in

Some will say Sid, maul and Dooku are threats, but they don't bother me. Maul dies from two attacks at most, dooku the same thing, Sid's dodge sucks but it's not that bad, if you can just leave him to last, once dodging while stunned and aaylas stun counter is fixed he won't even register as a threat

You have all but Ahsoka and that's a personal choice for me, but the speed from QGJ is far better than Ima counter, counter doesn't work on current matches it's all about speed and dmg

Old Ben everyone leaves till last but his rebuff is nice

Kit's dmg isn't great and aoe with Kyle and dooku sucks

Anikin I have. Owworwed a few times, never liked him, but not to many are great geared

Have fun