To Anyone Who Hates Midichlorians...

Replies

• Options
    Mullato wrote: »
    For all we know, Rey was trained already, but had her mind wiped, then was hid. There's really no backstory to her growing up, yet.

If her mind was wiped, how did she remember her parents dumping her at a young age? If she didn't remember and her mind was wiped, she wouldn't remember how to use the force better than Yoda. I think she's just a Mary Sue, no more, no less.

Was it ever said that her parents dumped her? I think that's an assumption. For all we know she could of been born and raised on jakku. If you look at what she's wearing it seems like the basic dirty wardrobe everyone on jakku wears.

Maybe she had already been an orphan, raised by a random scavenger and sold to plutt for a ship. She thinks that's her family leaving because that's all she ever knew.

Isn't that an assumption itself? Kind of hypocritical.

Exactly, that's why I said "for all we know".

When it comes down to it, there is more evidence for her already being on jakku than "getting dumped there"

My bad. Even if she was trained and mind-wiped, how could she use the force better than Anakin (the chosen one)?

My theory is she is naturally gifted in the force (maybe the next chosen one like Ani, but I'm not going there). And basically when Kylo tried to tap into her mind, and she unknowingly tapped into his also it created a force connection. I think her probing his mind is where she picked up on force techniques so quickly. Also it seems like she can only go into these Mary Sue force techniques when Kylo is near.

Everytime she distinctly uses the force
    - probing Kylo's mind
    - mind trick on the trooper fails the first time, BUT it works the second time when it shows a quick scene of Kylo getting close to the room she's in
    - pulling the saber out of the snow beside kylo
    - fighting kylo

Idk what is up with those 2, but all of the scenes with them just scream there is something more.

Wow, that is actually the most logical thing I heard about Rey! Most of the time I'm called sexist for not liking her character but replies like this make me look foward to episode 8!
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    For all we know, Rey was trained already, but had her mind wiped, then was hid. There's really no backstory to her growing up, yet.

If her mind was wiped, how did she remember her parents dumping her at a young age? If she didn't remember and her mind was wiped, she wouldn't remember how to use the force better than Yoda. I think she's just a Mary Sue, no more, no less.

Was it ever said that her parents dumped her? I think that's an assumption. For all we know she could of been born and raised on jakku. If you look at what she's wearing it seems like the basic dirty wardrobe everyone on jakku wears.

Maybe she had already been an orphan, raised by a random scavenger and sold to plutt for a ship. She thinks that's her family leaving because that's all she ever knew.

When it comes down to it, there is more evidence for her already being on jakku than "getting dumped there"

My bad. Even if she was trained and mind-wiped, how could she use the force better than Anakin (the chosen one)?

My theory is she is naturally gifted in the force (maybe the next chosen one like Ani, but I'm not going there). And basically when Kylo tried to tap into her mind, and she unknowingly tapped into his also it created a force connection. I think her probing his mind is where she picked up on force techniques so quickly. Also it seems like she can only go into these Mary Sue force techniques when Kylo is near.

- probing Kylo's mind
    - mind trick on the trooper fails the first time, BUT it works the second time when it shows a quick scene of Kylo getting close to the room she's in
    - fighting kylo

Idk what is up with those 2, but all of the scenes with them just scream there is something more.

Wow, that is actually the most logical thing I heard about Rey! Most of the time I'm called sexist for not liking her character but replies like this make me look foward to episode 8!

Nothing sexist about not liking her character IMO lol. I really like rey, but at the same time I can see why alot of people don't.
  • Options

- probing Kylo's mind
    - fighting kylo

Nothing sexist about not liking her character IMO lol. I really like rey, but at the same time I can see why alot of people don't.

I know there is nothing sexist about it, it's just some liberals that call me sexist for not liking a female chatacter.
  • Kevern_Zaksor
    894 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I thought this thread was about midichlorians!

Check it out, here's why old-school Star Wars fans hate the whole concept. Basically, in the prequels Lucas took this zen-like, mystical power called the Force and turned it into just another quantifiable scientific statistic. He completely destroyed the mystery and mystique of the Force. Totally lame.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options

Check it out, here's why old-school Star Wars fans hate the whole concept. Basically, in the prequels Lucas took this zen-like, mystical power called the Force and turned it into just another quantifiable scientific statistic. He completely destroyed the mystery and mystique of the Force. Totally lame.

TFA ruined the force more than the prequels though
  • Options

How did TFA "ruined" the force?
  • Options

Idk, using the force better than Yoda when not even a padawan.
  • 3Cheers4Tyranny
    2084 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @Mullato now thinking about your theory, there is still one thing I'll like to point out: How could Rey Pilot the Millennium Falcon just as good, if not better than Han?
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    @Mullato now thinking about your theory, there is still one thing I'll like to point out: How could Rey Pilot the Millennium Falcon just as good, if not better than Han?

Because the plot needed her to
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

- Anakin was the only human able to podrace (also while he was a kid.)
    - Anakin was able to navigate a starfighter into a space command ship, destroy it, and escape from it unharmed (also as a kid.)
    - Luke had never flew a dogfighter in space, but he did an amazing job well before he used the force to get the shot in the trench run

Also rey aspired to be a pilot, ( the rebel helmet, and the doll). It's stated somewhere that she has used a flight simulator too.

Some people in the star wars universe are naturally gifted, using the force without knowing it.

• Options

- Anakin was the only human able to podrace (also while he was a kid.)
    - Anakin was able to navigate a starfighter into a space command ship, destroy it, and escape from it unharmed (also as a kid.)
    - Luke had never flew a dogfighter in space, but he did an amazing job well before he used the force to get the shot in the trench run

Also rey aspired to be a pilot, ( the rebel helmet, and the doll). It's stated somewhere that she has used a flight simulator too.

Some people in the star wars universe are naturally gifted, using the force without knowing it.

"This is addressed in the novelization of the movie by Alan Dean Foster.

Rey says that she used to sneak into the Millennium Falcon (and other ships owned by Unkar Plutt) at night and learnt a lot that way. That was how she was able to produce accurate information about the Falcon and its constituent parts."

“I’d spent some time poking around all the ships parked at the outpost. Mostly at night. It was a way to learn some things. I was careful, and nobody much cared anyway, since I never took anything or tried anything.” She brightened. “Made it a lot easier when we filched this one. Though it wasn’t my first choice.”

"Though that covers the familiarity with the Falcon's controls, it doesn't say anything about her piloting abilities - that is explained in the prequel novel, Before the Awakening by Greg Rucka.

During one of her scavenging trips, she came across a flight simulator program, that she installed on a computer that she built from parts that she found. With nothing else to do for most of the time, she kept practicing relentlessly on the simulator, until she ultimately became an expert at various situations on different kinds of ships."

She learned so much that there was little the program could throw her way that would challenge her now. She’d gotten to the point where she would, quite deliberately, do everything she could think of to make things hard on herself, just to see if she could get out of it. Full-throttle atmospheric reentry with repulsor-engine failure? No sweat. Multiple hull breach deep-space engine flameout? A walk in the park.'"
  • Options

Idk, using the force better than Yoda when not even a padawan.

Yoda can deflect Force lightning with his bare hands, do Force shockwave, be a Force ghost make objects float in mid-air, have Force visions that can see the future, lift an entire X-wing out of a swamp, and many more while Rey can only do mind tricks and take objects using the Force. I don't know how that makes Rey better than Yoda. Besides, it doesn't mean that the Force is ruined when a non-Jedi uses the Force better than a Jedi.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Regarding Rey using the force so well - when I saw her pull the lightsaber from the snow I felt like there were a thousand dead Jedi helping her. I expected force ghosts to surround her in the snow and help her fight Kylo.

Let's face it, Kylo wasn't fighting a scavenger from Jakku, he was fighting a very powerful Jedi trainee. She didn't have much finesse, but she had a lot of power, enough to surprise Kylo and put him off guard anyway.

That scene reminded me of the previous Avatars in Avatar: The Legend of Aang. The spirit of his ancestors powered him when he went into Avatar mode or whatever they called it.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Velocitious
    276 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Regarding Rey using the force so well - when I saw her pull the lightsaber from the snow I felt like there were a thousand dead Jedi helping her. I expected force ghosts to surround her in the snow and help her fight Kylo.

Let's face it, Kylo wasn't fighting a scavenger from Jakku, he was fighting a very powerful Jedi trainee. She didn't have much finesse, but she had a lot of power, enough to surprise Kylo and put him off guard anyway.

That scene reminded me of the previous Avatars in Avatar: The Legend of Aang. The spirit of his ancestors powered him when he went into Avatar mode or whatever they called it.

But Force ghosts can't do that because they're dead.
  • Options

But Force ghosts can't do that because they're dead.

Or can they? Dun dun DUN!!!!
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options

Furthermore, Ren had just taken a bowcaster bolt to the ribs.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    Furthermore, Ren had just taken a bowcaster bolt to the ribs. [/quote]

Kylo really should of died right then and there. Just look at the stormtrooper Han shoots with Chewy's bowcaster at the battle at Maz Kanata's castle. The explosion alone would have killed kylo not to mention him getting blown off the catwalk.

• Options

Kylo really should of died right then and there. Just look at the stormtrooper Han shoots with Chewy's bowcaster at the battle at Maz Kanata's castle. The explosion alone would have killed kylo not to mention him getting blown off the catwalk.

[/quote]

He should've at least got knocked back! And when Stormtroopers took a bowcaster shot to their feet, they died. When Kylo takes one to the chest with no armor, he lives?
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

He should've at least got knocked back! And when Stormtroopers took a bowcaster shot to their feet, they died. When Kylo takes one to the chest with no armor, he lives?[/quote]

That's showing how powerful he is. He straight up tanked a shot to the gut.
  • Options

He should've at least got knocked back! And when Stormtroopers took a bowcaster shot to their feet, they died. When Kylo takes one to the chest with no armor, he lives?

That's showing how powerful he is. He straight up tanked a shot to the gut.[/quote]

He was taken by suprise though
  • Options
    The problem is just being powerful with the force shouldnt change how blaster bolts impact his body.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    The problem is just being powerful with the force shouldnt change how blaster bolts impact his body.

Almost all force users are able to use the force to augment their physical abilities. Like when Anakin was fighting dooku in rots, he used the force to speed himself up significantly.
    Post edited by Mullato on
  • Options

Almost all force users are able to use the force to augment their physical abilities. Like when Anakin was fighting dooku in rots, he used the force to speed himself up significantly.

He used force speed because he was mad about Dooku injuring his master and taunting him
  • Options

He used force speed because he was mad about Dooku injuring his master and taunting him

Well yea, I'm saying, Kylo tanked the blast. Albeit using the force, or by sheer will power
  • Options

Well yea, I'm saying, Kylo tanked the blast. Albeit using the force, or by sheer will power

I'm sure he was taken by suprise as he wasn't even looking in Chewie's direction
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

I'm sure he was taken by suprise as he wasn't even looking in Chewie's direction

He wasn't looking in Poe's direction either.
  • Options

The thing was, he was emotionally traumatized after killing his own father. He didn't have time to recover before being shot by Chewie.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

The thing was, he was emotionally traumatized after killing his own father. He didn't have time to recover before being shot by Chewie.

I'm guessing the scene was to show off how powerful he actually was. After killing his own father and being traumatized, he was still able to tank a shot to the gut and walk it off.

Idk the true intentions behind that scene, but I gotta admit, Kylo is quite powerful. Even though alot of people call him weak for losing to rey or "throwing tantrums." The dude had some impressive feats.

- probing people's minds (remember Vader had a robot drone to try and extract info from leia )
    - stopping a blaster bolt
    - knocking rey unconscious by waving his hand
    - tanking the bowcaster
    - force throwing rey pretty high up into a tree

I'm really hyped to see him in ep.8 after he finishes his training with snoke!
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    I just like how they expanded the use of the force instead of just rehashing cheezy lightning effects. We hadn't seen anyone stop a lazer bolt in midair before and it was really freaking cool when i saw it for the first time.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    I just like how they expanded the use of the force instead of just rehashing cheezy lightning effects. We hadn't seen anyone stop a lazer bolt in midair before and it was really freaking cool when i saw it for the first time.

Vader stopped a lazer bolt in mid air in ESB.