To Anyone Who Hates Midichlorians...

Prev13
It demonstrates an age at which the Jedi were at their lowest. They began to question the true nature of The Force, and instead focused more on a scientific approach.

It's an extra layer in showing us why the Jedi had lost their way, and why The Force would allow for so many to die in Order 66.

Replies

• Options
    Or the producers needed something better than look how good of a pod racer anakin is, to explain to the masses why he was so special
  • Options
    Maljr1980 wrote: »
    Or the producers needed something better than look how good of a pod racer anakin is, to explain to the masses why he was so special

That's a possibility
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Qui gon learned how to preserve his life force by manipulating his midichlorians. Would the Force "let" him do that if he didnt have a pure understanding of the Force? Midichlorians are not some secretly profound layer of story. Its just garbage writing.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Qui gon learned how to preserve his life force by manipulating his midichlorians. Would the Force "let" him do that if he didnt have a pure understanding of the Force? Midichlorians are not some secretly profound layer of story. Its just garbage writing.

Want to hear garbage writing? May I direct you to TFA where the magic of the force got ruined by a Mary Sue!
  • Options

Want to hear garbage writing? May I direct you to TFA where the magic of the force got ruined by a Mary Sue!

Maybe Luke should have stated at the end of the movie "I felt an unusually high amount of midichlorians."
  • Options

Maybe Luke should have stated at the end of the movie "I felt an unusually high amount of midichlorians."

Even Mark Hamil was disappointed in TFA, glad you brought Luke up!
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    how is the force "ruined" in TFA?
  • Options

The fact that Rey used a ton of force tricks that took a LONG time to learn and required lots of discipline. You can't use a mind trick straight away! That took Yoda years to master!

Don't get me started on how she read Kylo's mind and force grabbed the lightsaber over Kylo, you know Kylo? The student of Grand Master Luke?
  • Options

The fact that Rey used a ton of force tricks that took a LONG time to learn and required lots of discipline. You can't use a mind trick straight away! That took Yoda years to master!

Don't get me started on how she read Kylo's mind and force grabbed the lightsaber over Kylo, you know Kylo? The student of Grand Master Luke?

This
  • Options

This

Thanks. I think we can all agree the originals handled the topic of the force the best.
  • Options
    So, if she's Luke's daughter, then there would be no explanation right? Or if her last name is Bridger. Hmmm
  • Options
    Mischen1 wrote: »
    So, if she's Luke's daughter, then there would be no explanation right? Or if her last name is Bridger. Hmmm

I doubt she's Luke's daughter as Luke's reaction would be much different at the end. Plus, Disney can't be that predictable, right?
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    I hope she can just be her own person. Enough of the fan service
  • Options
    I hope Luke takes the light saber, strikes her down, revealing himself to be the new Sith Lord
  • Options
    I hope she can just be her own person. Enough of the fan service

Its not exactly fan service. Its a trilogy of trilogies called the Skywalker saga. People are going to be connected because it follows one single family. Not saying Rey is Luke's daughter, because honestly I don't want that either, just tired of people saying this trilogy needs to "have all new characters not connected past movies"
  • Options
    I hope Luke takes the light saber, strikes her down, revealing himself to be the new Sith Lord

Same
  • Options
    The reason you give makes me remember all the Creationist vs Evolutionist stuff.
    Is Lucas a christian?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    Supercat wrote: »
    The reason you give makes me remember all the Creationist vs Evolutionist stuff.
    Is Lucas a christian?

Who cares if he is? As long as he's satisfied with his own beliefs, I am too.
  • Options
    For all we know, Rey was trained already, but had her mind wiped, then was hid. There's really no backstory to her growing up, yet.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    For all we know, Rey was trained already, but had her mind wiped, then was hid. There's really no backstory to her growing up, yet.

If her mind was wiped, how did she remember her parents dumping her at a young age? If she didn't remember and her mind was wiped, she wouldn't remember how to use the force better than Yoda. I think she's just a Mary Sue, no more, no less.
  • Options

If her mind was wiped, how did she remember her parents dumping her at a young age? If she didn't remember and her mind was wiped, she wouldn't remember how to use the force better than Yoda. I think she's just a Mary Sue, no more, no less.

The mind is a powerful thing. She's trying to remember, but it's being blocked. For all we know, that's Ole Ben dropping her off to Luke.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options

The mind is a powerful thing. She's trying to remember, but it's being blocked. For all we know, that's Ole Ben dropping her off to Luke.

How can old Ben drop her off when he is dead
  • Options

I will get up and leave the movie theater if this turns out to be the **** explanation of Rey's Mary Sue-ness.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options

Ben's dead
  • Options

Was it ever said that her parents dumped her? I think that's an assumption. For all we know she could of been born and raised on jakku. If you look at what she's wearing it seems like the basic dirty wardrobe everyone on jakku wears.

Maybe she had already been an orphan, raised by a random scavenger and sold to plutt for a ship. She thinks that's her family leaving because that's all she ever knew.
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »

Was it ever said that her parents dumped her? I think that's an assumption. For all we know she could of been born and raised on jakku. If you look at what she's wearing it seems like the basic dirty wardrobe everyone on jakku wears.

Maybe she had already been an orphan, raised by a random scavenger and sold to plutt for a ship. She thinks that's her family leaving because that's all she ever knew.

Isn't that an assumption itself? Kind of hypocritical.
  • Options

Exactly, that's why I said "for all we know".

When it comes down to it, there is more evidence for her already being on jakku than "getting dumped there"
  • Options

When it comes down to it, there is more evidence for her already being on jakku than "getting dumped there"

My bad. Even if she was trained and mind-wiped, how could she use the force better than Anakin (the chosen one)?
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

My bad. Even if she was trained and mind-wiped, how could she use the force better than Anakin (the chosen one)?

My theory is she is naturally gifted in the force (maybe the next chosen one like Ani, but I'm not going there). And basically when Kylo tried to tap into her mind, and she unknowingly tapped into his also it created a force connection. I think her probing his mind is where she picked up on force techniques so quickly. Also it seems like she can only go into these Mary Sue force techniques when Kylo is near.

Everytime she distinctly uses the force
    - probing Kylo's mind
    - mind trick on the trooper fails the first time, BUT it works the second time when it shows a quick scene of Kylo getting close to the room she's in
    - pulling the saber out of the snow beside kylo
    - fighting kylo

Idk what is up with those 2, but all of the scenes with them just scream there is something more.
  • Options

My theory is she is naturally gifted in the force (maybe the next chosen one like Ani, but I'm not going there). And basically when Kylo tried to tap into her mind, and she unknowingly tapped into his also it created a force connection. I think her probing his mind is where she picked up on force techniques so quickly. Also it seems like she can only go into these Mary Sue force techniques when Kylo is near.

Everytime she distinctly uses the force
    - probing Kylo's mind
    - mind trick on the trooper fails the first time, BUT it works the second time when it shows a quick scene of Kylo getting close to the room she's in
    - pulling the saber out of the snow beside kylo
    - fighting kylo

Idk what is up with those 2, but all of the scenes with them just scream there is something more.

Wow, this blew my mind, especially the highlighted part. Didn't notice that before.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride