A few HAAT questions if I may.

Prev1
First of all I have used the search and I have read a lot of posts about HAAT, but I'm just checking to see if there has been much of a change in consensus if any on best squad comps for phases 1 and 3.

I know Droid/Jawa mix for phase 2 and Rebels with AA or Leia in phase 4. I also know Jedi for phase 1, but who's the best leader? IGD? AS? JKA? Should I run EK here or skip him?

Phase 3 seems to favor mixed Empire toons with Zader lead as ideal, but what kind of alternate squads work here? I understand this is the most important phase so I'd like to make some suggestions for the rest of the guild.

Lastly, and I realize this is really subjective, but about how many of us in the guild need to have these squads for success? We're a semi-casual guild and I don't think any of us have zeta anything though a few of us are farming them now. I get requests to make the move to heroic from time to time so I'd like to link this post on our Discord page for reference.

My thanks in advance for any advice.

Replies

• 3Cheers4Tyranny
    2084 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    1st Question - IGD or Aayla, see which one works better

2nd Question: Do Palpatine (L), TFP, and 3 tanks of your choice. Chirpa Lead and Emperor replacing TFP works too, but you'll get less damage.

3rd Question: Around 30-ish
    Post edited by 3Cheers4Tyranny on
  • Options
    Our guild completed our first today. Yay! No zeta. All members should be able to do 2% per phase.

For p1, yes jedis. I used yoda lead, Lumi, Qgj, jka, and ahsoka

P2, Droids. Hk47 lead, ig88, ig86, nebit, and Jawa engineer.

P3, mixed team. I used ep lead, tfp, chewie, St han and Rg.

P4 rebels. Wedge lead, Biggs, Leia, Lando, phasma.

It takes a lot of time, restarting, coordination.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Btw. Mods make a huge difference. Critical damage and speed primaries. Speed secondaries. Protection primary on tanks.
  • Shade_Thanewulf
    229 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! So 30 teams. Ok, I'll poll our guild and see how many of us can make up at least one part of that 30.

@3Cheers4Tyranny Can you recommend any reliable mercs or merc guilds?
  • Options
    Our guild completed our first today. Yay! No zeta. All members should be able to do 2% per phase.

For p1, yes jedis. I used yoda lead, Lumi, Qgj, jka, and ahsoka

P2, Droids. Hk47 lead, ig88, ig86, nebit, and Jawa engineer.

P3, mixed team. I used ep lead, tfp, chewie, St han and Rg.

P4 rebels. Wedge lead, Biggs, Leia, Lando, phasma.

It takes a lot of time, restarting, coordination.

Good luck!

Congrats on your first heroic! Thanks for your reply as well.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply! So 30 teams. Ok, I'll poll our guild and see how many of us can make up at least one part of that 30.

You will need 50 guild mates, 4 teams each.

We could not have done it without awesome leadership. Our guild leaders put in a lot of time to make this happen.
  • Options

We could not have done it without awesome leadership. Our guild leaders put in a lot of time to make this happen.

This is what concerns me. If all 50 of us need to have 4 squads it's gonna be a while.
  • Options
    Yeah. It took us a while. It can be done, though!
  • Options

You definitely don't need all 50 members, it's very easy to get 5% plus, however I do agree when you're starting you will need good leadership.
  • Options
    I think we're pretty strong in leadership, (although that's kind of shameless pat on the back there I'm a co-founder), I'm not sure how easy coordination will be since a lot of our members are all over the globe.
  • Options
    P1. Jka lead, igd, aayla, Barris and either snips or Qgj has a RNG range of 7-11percent. Assuming they suitably geared and modded.
  • Shade_Thanewulf
    229 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    danrussoa wrote: »
    P1. Jka lead, igd, aayla, Barris and either snips or Qgj has a RNG range of 7-11percent. Assuming they suitably geared and modded.

What was the range difference between JKA, IGD and AS if you don't mind my asking? I figure you tried all three. Also how have you modded your Jedi? CC/CD with speed primaries?
  • Options
    I wouldn't sweat P1 too much. The issue comes with p2 and beyond. You gotta have a large portion of your guild with g10 or better droid/je squads for p2. Same with the appropriate squads for p3 and p4
  • Options
    So does anyone use EK or even Ugnaught?
  • Options
    jka tfp zbariss igd aayla is easy 500k team on p1,

teebo cassian zbariss jyn tfp does the most by far .. capable of doing 50% p1 but yea not everyone has all those 7*
  • Options
    Akiraine wrote: »
    jka tfp zbariss igd aayla is easy 500k team on p1,

teebo cassian zbariss jyn tfp does the most by far .. capable of doing 50% p1 but yea not everyone has all those 7*

Wow 50%! Wish I had those new Rebels.
  • Options
    I have read that thread and do use it for some reference.
  • Options
    First of all I have used the search and I have read a lot of posts about HAAT, but I'm just checking to see if there has been much of a change in consensus if any on best squad comps for phases 1 and 3.

I know Droid/Jawa mix for phase 2 and Rebels with AA or Leia in phase 4. I also know Jedi for phase 1, but who's the best leader? IGD? AS? JKA? Should I run EK here or skip him?

Phase 3 seems to favor mixed Empire toons with Zader lead as ideal, but what kind of alternate squads work here? I understand this is the most important phase so I'd like to make some suggestions for the rest of the guild.

Lastly, and I realize this is really subjective, but about how many of us in the guild need to have these squads for success? We're a semi-casual guild and I don't think any of us have zeta anything though a few of us are farming them now. I get requests to make the move to heroic from time to time so I'd like to link this post on our Discord page for reference.

Made this guide when we first cleared a few months ago, but most of these teams are still up-to-date.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/74963/how-to-take-down-the-heroic-aat-intended-for-mix-and-ftp-guilds#latest

Notable additions would be zFinn resistance for P2, zVader EP TFP RG sf for P3, and wiggs han chaze P4, if you happened to be fortunate enough.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    danrussoa wrote: »

What was the range difference between JKA, IGD and AS if you don't mind my asking? I figure you tried all three. Also how have you modded your Jedi? CC/CD with speed primaries?

Don't remember. Scuba posted a sick score with jka lead and I just copied it. He also brought Bariss out of retirement on my bench. The tate guy said it best though. P1 is easiest phase by far for everyone to get two percent.
  • Shade_Thanewulf
    229 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    benacrow wrote: »

Made this guide when we first cleared a few months ago, but most of these teams are still up-to-date.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/74963/how-to-take-down-the-heroic-aat-intended-for-mix-and-ftp-guilds#latest

Notable additions would be zFinn resistance for P2, zVader EP TFP RG sf for P3, and wiggs han chaze P4, if you happened to be fortunate enough.

Thanks man, yours and "The Underpowered Guild's Guide to Clearing Heroic AAT - The "Super Team" Strategy." are what I currently use to gauge preparedness. Some really great advice there.
  • Options
    EK is pointless, don't bother. Uggie can serve his purpose on a Dathcha (L) - Jawa - Ugnaught - tank - TFP squad in P3.
  • Options

Thanks man, yours and "The Underpowered Guild's Guide to Clearing Heroic AAT - The "Super Team" Strategy." are what I currently use to gauge preparedness. Some really great advice there.

Oh lol well nvm. But for P1 I'd only go with Aayla lead if you have high tenacity and speed on your jedi. Otherwise, IGD is great because you don't need speed to get turns.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Shade_Thanewulf
    229 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Oh lol well nvm. But for P1 I'd only go with Aayla lead if you have high tenacity and speed on your jedi. Otherwise, IGD is great because you don't need speed to get turns.

Hmm, so maybe AS lead with Yoda zeta would be good. Fast Yoda.
  • Ted
    71 posts Member
    Options
    I find ani lead more effective, especially if you can't be bothered putting tenacity cross on everyone. 8% with Ani (l), aayla, Ahsoka, qgj, Rex. I've tried yoda in place of Rex but the tm gain he provides is golden.
  • Options

Hmm, so maybe AS lead with Yoda zeta would be good. Fast Yoda.

Possibly so. I haven't had any experience hearing about Yoda zeta, so maybe that works. The nice thing about counters though is that you get way more attacks than you'd think you would, but then I think bariss would be much more helpful there to dispel the impending debuffs.
  • Options
    Yeah you're probably right about Barriss.
  • Options
    For guilds pushing for HAAT a good P1 strategy is G11 JKA + 4 Leftover Jedi. The goal is to get JKA to die last. His extra turns + RNG = 4-5%. Not bad for only one strong toon.
  • Options
    I would say that P2 is the major speed bump you need to overcome as this phase seems to need the best geared toons. Even G11 droids will struggle if you don't have the right mods. There don't seem to be many alternative squads to use on this phase either (Zeta clones and Zeta resistance not really obtainable by most). If you have a lot of good droid teams in your guild you may be ok, if not this is where to get people to focus.

P1 it's quite easy to do 2%+ with various different Jedi squads and most should have some due to yoda event etc

P3 chirpatine is still a good comp and more people should have a max EP now they ran the event again. Quite a few alternative squads here can do quite well and while some guides say this is the hardest phase we can blow through it really quickly with just one attack each

P4 is where rebels shine and due to the current meta most have a decent rebel team

• Options
    Taxman wrote: »
    I would say that P2 is the major speed bump you need to overcome as this phase seems to need the best geared toons. Even G11 droids will struggle if you don't have the right mods. There don't seem to be many alternative squads to use on this phase either (Zeta clones and Zeta resistance not really obtainable by most). If you have a lot of good droid teams in your guild you may be ok, if not this is where to get people to focus.

P1 it's quite easy to do 2%+ with various different Jedi squads and most should have some due to yoda event etc

P3 chirpatine is still a good comp and more people should have a max EP now they ran the event again. Quite a few alternative squads here can do quite well and while some guides say this is the hardest phase we can blow through it really quickly with just one attack each

P4 is where rebels shine and due to the current meta most have a decent rebel team

It seems a lot of people are saying phase 2 is a lot harder than you'd think. I mean in our normal run, (and I do realize it's significantly easier), our guild does it's best runs there.

I guess I'm going to suggest to the guild that we use any extra Rebel teams here as I figure the multiple aoe's will topple more.

Again thanks for everyone's help, we really appreciate it! Any more advice/squad recommendations/observations etc ... is surely welcome.