Jedi Knight Anakin Zeta Idea

Prev1
3Cheers4Tyranny
2084 posts Member
edited January 2017

Since Anakin has a level 7 ability, I have a zeta idea:
Righteous Fury - Level 8

Whenever an ally falls below 50% health, gain 100% TM and always critically hit (ignores critical immunity) and the ally under 50% health gains +25% defense, critcal immunity, and all allies gain +25% TM. If an ally dies, Anakin gains +100% TM, retribution and +35% offense for 2 turns.
I know this may seem a bit OP, but it is a zeta. I'd ask for feedback but lately everyone seems to be obsessed with re-writing my threads so just say +1 or -1.

Replies

• Athusk
    348 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Edit:-1 this is grossly overpowered (if I understood what your wrote correctly)
    Post edited by Athusk on
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Righteous Fury - Level 8

Whenever an ally falls below 50% health, gain 100% TM and always critically hit (ignores critical immunity) and the ally under 50% health gains +25% health, critcal immunity, and all allies gain +25% TM. If an ally dies, Anakin gains +100% TM, retribution and +35% offense for 2 turns.
    I know this may seem a bit OP, but it is a zeta. I'd ask for feedback but lately everyone seems to be obsessed with re-writing my threads so just say +1 or -1.
    +.5
    Kinda neutral about this. I like the idea of it, but I feel like Anakin's not really a healer, maybe change the +25% health to something else. Don't wanna make it my idea though, so wonder what you would want there? Sorry for not saying just +1/-1 lol. If you're really not looking for a discussion I'll just edit this all out and leave the number :)
  • Options

So every time they go under 50% they get 25% back... i think that part should go away but they rest stay, as that would give anakin way to many turns if they keep falling just below 50% hp
  • Options
    "a bit OP"

Yeah, just a bit. I don't understand the logic behind "it's a zeta". They're farmable by everyone and they don't take that long to get. Using "it's a zeta" as a rallying cry behind ridiculously overpowered "fan abilities" doesn't make them any less unrealistic.

tumblr_static_67hpaqd42xgcw0skowo8scg4w_640_v2.png
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Righteous Fury - Level 8

Whenever an ally falls below 50% health, gain 100% TM and always critically hit (ignores critical immunity) and the ally under 50% health gains +25% health, critcal immunity, and all allies gain +25% TM. If an ally dies, Anakin gains +100% TM, retribution and +35% offense for 2 turns.
    +.5
    Kinda neutral about this. I like the idea of it, but I feel like Anakin's not really a healer, maybe change the +25% health to something else. Don't wanna make it my idea though, so wonder what you would want there? Sorry for not saying just +1/-1 lol. If you're really not looking for a discussion I'll just edit this all out and leave the number :)

I welcome discussion and suggesting small changes, it's just some people propose their idea on a thread rather then writing their own. You're right though, I'll change the +25 health to something else.
  • Options
    A tad OP. Unless your able to burn down his allies in OHKO they will take so many turns and heal so fast would he almost impossible to beat that team.
  • Options
    You guys are forgetting Palps shock though. Palpatine is the ultimate counter to this.
  • Options

Righteous Fury - Level 8

+.5

I welcome discussion and suggesting small changes, it's just some people propose their idea on a thread rather then writing their own. You're right though, I'll change the +25 health to something else.

Was going to say the same thing, it seems like in order for Ani to not have unlimited turns, you have to deal past 25% health.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    You guys are forgetting Palps shock though. Palpatine is the ultimate counter to this.

That and daze. Daze stops TM gain as well, and healing immunity can stop the healing easily enough, but Anakin was never a healer. (Remember how he turned to the darkside to save padme from dying, yeah his ability to heal people was amazing)
  • Options
    Athusk wrote: »

Righteous Fury - Level 8

+.5

Was going to say the same thing, it seems like in order for Ani to not have unlimited turns, you have to deal past 25% health.

The thing I thought is Palatine's shock prevents bonus TM and healing so it wouldn't be unstoppable. The only reason I changed it was because as Vertigo brought out - healing doesn't suit his chatacter well.
  • Options

That and daze. Daze stops TM gain as well, and healing immunity can stop the healing easily enough, but Anakin was never a healer. (Remember how he turned to the darkside to save padme from dying, yeah his ability to heal people was amazing)

Him not being a healer was the only reason I changed it to be fully honest.
  • NerfHerder44
    333 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Shock is unreliable and paired with Zarriss this would be borderline asinine.
  • Options
    Shock is unreliable and paired with Zarriss this would be borderline ****.

Shock + Daze = bye bye to this team. Krennic or Palps giving every Empire ally potency up in addition to DT's Daze basic makes Empire teams a very good counter to his zeta.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Shock + Daze = bye bye to this team. Krennic or Palps giving every Empire ally potency up in addition to DT's Daze basic makes Empire teams a very good counter to his zeta.

Plus Maul would just destroy JKA and Zarriss, AOE daze to stop TM gain and then his damage would just run through them. It's not unstoppable, it's good, but it can be countered.
  • Options

Righteous Fury - Level 8

+.5

The thing I thought is Palatine's shock prevents bonus TM and healing so it wouldn't be unstoppable. The only reason I changed it was because as Vertigo brought out - healing doesn't suit his chatacter well.

Hm... fair point
    But it does grant other allies 25% TM and 25% health back as well so wouldn't this cause a similar problem but to a lesser degree than unlimited turns?
  • Options

Righteous Fury - Level 8

+.5

Hm... fair point
    But it does grant other allies 25% TM and 25% health back as well so wouldn't this cause a similar problem but to a lesser degree than unlimited turns?

I already changed the additional health thing in the OP

Plus Maul would just destroy JKA and Zarriss, AOE daze to stop TM gain and then his damage would just run through them. It's not unstoppable, it's good, but it can be countered.

Exactly^^^
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Righteous Fury - Level 8

+.5

Hm... fair point

He changed the healing, so that won't really make a huge impact. Plus you can already get JKA unlimited turns with characters that have lots of lifesteal.
  • Options

Righteous Fury - Level 8

+.5

Hm... fair point

Exactly^^^

Oh woops, didn't notice haha
  • Options

Righteous Fury - Level 8

+.5

Hm... fair point

Exactly^^^

Oh woops, didn't notice haha

No problem :)
  • MasterMasterTimelord
    1140 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Righteous Fury - Level 8

Whenever an ally falls below 50% health, gain 100% TM and always critically hit (ignores critical immunity) and the ally under 50% health gains +25% defense, critcal immunity, and all allies gain +25% TM. If an ally dies, Anakin gains +100% TM, retribution and +35% offense for 2 turns.

I've liked that to balance the game. Empire>Rebels>Jedi

Edit: not even QGJ and Yoda zetas balance the power creep

Ps2: I run a pseudo empire team, not a Jedi one
  • Options

Righteous Fury - Level 8

I've liked that to balance the game. Empire>Rebels>Jedi

Edit: not even QGJ and Yoda zetas balance the power creep

Ps2: I run a pseudo empire team, not a Jedi one

Jedi Knight Anakin would be a great counter to the new Empire meta and vice-versa which is why I proposed this idea
  • Options
    +100 that looks like a great one!
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Options
    +100 that looks like a great one!

Thank you!
  • Options
    That's a little too many things going on. Personally I'd say the zeta should give him advantage (so 100% crit chance) and provide a natural crit damage boost increase say by 25% or so. That way he guarantees a crit and does much more damage.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    I love the idea! I think it will work great but I do agree with the gentleman above me; add a crit damage boost.

Maybe something like 100% tm gain, advantage and 25-50% crit damage? If ally dies, as you said. Offense up and retribution etc

• Options
    -1. I agree about the advantage buff but not through crit immunity (we have enough bugs). However, I like the idea of allies gaining TM, what about all Jedi gains the same bonus as JKA whenever an ally dies?
  • Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    -1. I agree about the advantage buff but not through crit immunity (we have enough bugs). However, I like the idea of allies gaining TM, what about all Jedi gains the same bonus as JKA whenever an ally dies?

No, not all Jedi should get the same buff as it is a unique ability, NOT a leader ability
  • Options
    +15% offense against tuskens and padawans
  • Options
    godgiven45 wrote: »
    +1500% offense against tuskens and padawans
    Fixed.

• Options
    Just have it give Ashoka the same bonus..