Current "Ships Meta"? - Strongest fleet combination and admiral

Replies

• Fedegalante1891
    324 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I float between top 20-top 10. Everyone on top 10 runs the following starters, or a slight variation (Sarge on main squad, for Target Lock, ie)

Mace

Rex
    Plo
    JC
    Ahsoka
    Fives

Support Varies, but Biggs Bobba, Sarge and Maul are probably the ones that you see more often. Sarge is actually the first reinforcement you usually see, so Rex can keep using his Mojo. Some have Vader as reinforcement too, but you dont get Rexs instapower with 4 republic ships
  • Options
    I take 1st daily. I use Mace, Ahsoka, JC, Slave 1, TieReper, and Imperial Tie fighter, reinforcements I use Biggs, Clone Sarge, and Wedge. Auto battle, and take first all the time. I have speed mods on TFP and Ahsoka and they usually go first and second, and I can usually take out my opponents ahsoka, scimitar, or tie advanced with my first two shots. After that it's easy peasy, I'm destroying teams 15-20k more power than me.
  • Options
    Every time i read how bad Ackbar is i am wondering if those people ever tried him. Granted on def he might do stupid thing like for no reason using his AOE on first turn (which eventually one can play around - very fast TF has a high chance of giving two toons buffs). But in general i dont think he has even a contest with the ships currently in the game. He is easily the best capital ship in the game. I used to beat 17k more power Mace ship with all ship maxed out even before i unlocked the scimitar. Now with 3stars scimitar i cant even remember wenn is the last time I lost a single ship. To be honest i lose biggs protection every 3d day (always first on my shard) - and with every 3d day i am very generous. Sometimes i beat the second guy in my shard and i finish with more protection than i start the fight with (extra on TF and Biggs - all others have full). I just wonder how bad my shard has to be for me using Ackbar, being first and never losing protection against fleets with 12k more power....
  • Options
    AA is way better than tarkin at least. People saying otherwise have probably never used tarkin.
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    AA is way better than tarkin at least. People saying otherwise have probably never used tarkin.

I use tarkin and he serves me well. Typically top 10. There's a guy in the top 3, usually 1, who uses tarkin. I'd have to say AA uses a little viability when people have the damage producers to deal with the protection boosts
  • Options
    So you mean when my biggs shrug the 80k crit from wedge away the dmg is not high? Maybe... hard to say. I have to admit there is no good FOTF in my shard so maybe i am completely wrong.
  • Options
    I find on defense, Akbar doesn't call in more than 1 reinforcement. Sometimes zero.
  • Lossberg
    457 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I run AA ship and I am able to climb to rank 1 from time to time using scimitar-biggs/SF-Slave 1 como. Works pretty well on attack. The team is wiggs, JC, S1, SF, AT, Tie, Scimitar. My fleet is around 120k power.
    But then on defense it is not good, so I drop usually to rank 5. Rarely to 6-11
  • mnogokuh22
    65 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I float between top 20-top 10. Everyone on top 10 runs the following starters, or a slight variation (Sarge on main squad, for Target Lock, ie)

Mace

Rex
    Plo
    JC
    Ahsoka
    Fives

Support Varies, but Biggs Bobba, Sarge and Maul are probably the ones that you see more often. Sarge is actually the first reinforcement you usually see, so Rex can keep using his Mojo. Some have Vader as reinforcement too, but you dont get Rexs instapower with 4 republic ships

To be honest i have respect for two dispels in the same team, as dispel is one of the few things preventing Biggs going bananas. But this fleet has nowhere enough dmg to do any harm. I really speak only in theory as i never saw a fleet like this (even though the other 3 fleets in top 4 were all Mace lead). But i really can see this fleet killing any ship. By 4 ships with target lock, one of which guaranteed and reapplying itself every time the ship had a turn... nope really, i can’t see it. Maybe ahsoka dispels, extremely fast JC calls ahsoka on advance one, then fives finishes the tie advance before Biggs taunts again.... Difficult - maybe on offence, but i don’t see it.

Furthermore, i try to think what can beat my fleet at all. I think Poe with his daze can do something, but then again this is a slot taken from a good dmg dealer (and poe is good only if there is no protection on the ships). But there is ackbar again dispelling. Honestly what i think will be most effective is basically mirror team. Tie Advance put TL on Biggs, then waiting till Ackbar misused his cleanse, than with TF buff immunity on Biggs, than dispel Biggs and let him be. Everything else i can’t imagine working against Ackbar and Biggs. I doubt that the AI can pull this off.

I heard a lot about a guy called MageDucky who is running Tarkin. I would be interested in hearing how he is beating the Ackbars + Biggs + Scimitars fleets.

So i guess on offence one can win with every capital ship. But Ackbar doesn’t count on RNG and wins always against more powerful fleets.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    IMO the best all around team is a Mace lead with Biggs, Geonosian Soldier, Boba, FOTP, and Vader (if you have him, otherwise Tie Pilot) Backups would be Fives, Clone Sergeant, Ahsoka, and Scimitar.

So much target lock to aoe spam with mace, give boba many turns, make his special hit everyone, Make Biggs taunt and regenerate stupid amounts of protection (they buffed how much he gets recently and boy is it noticeable), etc. etc. All the aoe spam lowers the cooldown on Mace's ultimate and has him go more often. All the tm gain makes boba able to use his ultimate more often. So much utility and offense. With all the target lock Mace should really only ever be casting his aoe or his ultimate. FOTP can spam his special on target locked targets. Scimitar giving Biggs counter attack has him target locking people and regenerating protection as they hit him. Biggs and GeoSol are assisting like mad too... It's a stupid fleet.

Best defensive team by far is the full republic fleet starting out, possibly with Biggs in the starting 5, but he's less necessary in rotating tauntville.

Best offensive team? Tarkin with all sith and empire ships, resistance pilot, fives, Geonosian spy's ship for scimitar to target (calls all stealthed allies to assist), and Slave 1.

Tarkin gets massive bonuses for debuffs, This team has a lot of them and as much synergy as you can get with Tarkin. He is nothing but offense.
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    IMO the best all around team is a Mace lead with Biggs, Geonosian Soldier, Boba, FOTP, and Vader (if you have him, otherwise Tie Pilot) Backups would be Fives, Clone Sergeant, Ahsoka, and Scimitar.

So much target lock to aoe spam with mace, give boba many turns, make his special hit everyone, Make Biggs taunt and regenerate **** amounts of protection (they buffed how much he gets recently and boy is it noticeable), etc. etc. All the aoe spam lowers the cooldown on Mace's ultimate and has him go more often. All the tm gain makes boba able to use his ultimate more often. So much utility and offense. With all the target lock Mace should really only ever be casting his aoe or his ultimate. FOTP can spam his special on target locked targets. Scimitar giving Biggs counter attack has him target locking people and regenerating protection as they hit him. Biggs and GeoSol are assisting like mad too... It's a **** fleet.

Best defensive team by far is the full republic fleet starting out, possibly with Biggs in the starting 5, but he's less necessary in rotating tauntville.

Best offensive team? Tarkin with all sith and empire ships, resistance pilot, fives, Geonosian spy's ship for scimitar to target (calls all stealthed allies to assist), and Slave 1.

Tarkin gets massive bonuses for debuffs, This team has a lot of them and as much synergy as you can get with Tarkin. He is nothing but offense.

@Woodroward Geonosian soldier? Why though he brings essentially nothing to that team.. tie fighter in place of him would be much better cuz you would add another target locking ship which is the whole point of this fleet to spam AOEs and its the fastest ship so it will go first most of the time starting out with a target lock. The rest of the team though I completely agree with. I actually run this exact team and its unreal. It wouldnt be anywhere near as effective however if I used genosian soldier instead of my tie fighter. Idk if thats your actual team or not but if it is I'd highly suggest you to switch to tie fighter.. you'd see what I mean.
  • slamaMC
    139 posts Member
    Options
    AA is really good if you can get retribution from scimitar on Biggs. He basically becomes invincible.
  • Options
    It's been said a hundred times but the actual toon and his/her gear play a huge role in a ships overall effectiveness.
  • Options
    I run ackbar lead with boba, vader, biggs, scimitar, gspy. i strongly feel this is the best possible combo. I am always the lowest power in the top 5 by 15-30k [just because I'm only lv77, and the whales are all 80].

I sometimes have trouble with double dispel teams. but if i can target lock their dispellers before their biggs activates, then my boba will ability block them and by the time they dispel my stealth synergy their whole team is dead.
  • Options
    I'm at 130k and rank between 200-300... I just use ships that I've obtained for my more powerful toons... I don't think I have any synergy.. lol
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    danrussoa wrote: »
    It's been said a hundred times but the actual toon and his/her gear play a huge role in a ships overall effectiveness.

Yes, most top teams still just have maxed pilots which in turn makes their ships stronger, and people can't beat them because of the sheer power difference.

However, if you were to take 2 totally maxed teams, one with AA Biggs scimitar wedge Ahsoka JC and fought a team of Mace Biggs FOTP TFP Vader Bistan, AA would get 1 turn, maybe 2.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    Options
    My ship arena I am normally 10th with occasional bumps to 5. My power is 143k. I use AA because I had him geared and maxed. He is a middle of the road commander, ok but not the top. Mace is a joke on my shard. Never seen one used well. Tarkin can be a beast, if you have both tie fighters, vader and slave one with biggs.
    I use JC, Biggs, Wedge, Asoka ( she is a must), and tfp. My backups are sunfac, GS, and 555s. It is not a great team but it is okay. I get knocked around alot. Work up Tarkin and darkside best bet for end game crush. AA is fine if he is all you have, but I think mace takes real work to be good.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Seltgar wrote: »
    My ship arena I am normally 10th with occasional bumps to 5. My power is 143k. I use AA because I had him geared and maxed. He is a middle of the road commander, ok but not the top. Mace is a joke on my shard. Never seen one used well. Tarkin can be a beast, if you have both tie fighters, vader and slave one with biggs.
    I use JC, Biggs, Wedge, Asoka ( she is a must), and tfp. My backups are sunfac, GS, and 555s. It is not a great team but it is okay. I get knocked around alot. Work up Tarkin and darkside best bet for end game crush. AA is fine if he is all you have, but I think mace takes real work to be good.

Imo Mace is only good with TL synergy. I run 3 Ties Biggs 5s and the only time I lose is to max gear pilots of the exact same team (+1 instead of 5s). I currently have 155k power, so there is still room for improvement, but when I had 143k power I beat an AA team with 174k power (obviously max everything). And it wasn't even close. Pretty sure I called maybe 1 reinforcement that match.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    Top of my shard for the past month. Been running:

Tarkin + Tie Advanced + TFP + Scimitar + Boba + FOTP + Kylo + GSoldier

I also have GSpy, Clone Sergeant, Ashoka, Resistance Pilot just hanging out
  • Jizzaouse
    128 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I always rank 1. I use the following:

Mace.

Biggs, fives, FOTP, vader, clone sarge.

Mail, ashoka, rex.

target lock for biggs, when he eventually dies reinforce maul for retribution on clone sergeant. at that point it's pretty much over.

Fives basic nueters the Ackbar/biggs/maul combo.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    SunFacYou wrote: »

So much target lock to aoe spam with mace, give boba many turns, make his special hit everyone, Make Biggs taunt and regenerate **** amounts of protection (they buffed how much he gets recently and boy is it noticeable), etc. etc. All the aoe spam lowers the cooldown on Mace's ultimate and has him go more often. All the tm gain makes boba able to use his ultimate more often. So much utility and offense. With all the target lock Mace should really only ever be casting his aoe or his ultimate. FOTP can spam his special on target locked targets. Scimitar giving Biggs counter attack has him target locking people and regenerating protection as they hit him. Biggs and GeoSol are assisting like mad too... It's a **** fleet.

@Woodroward Geonosian soldier? Why though he brings essentially nothing to that team.. tie fighter in place of him would be much better cuz you would add another target locking ship which is the whole point of this fleet to spam AOEs and its the fastest ship so it will go first most of the time starting out with a target lock. The rest of the team though I completely agree with. I actually run this exact team and its unreal. It wouldnt be anywhere near as effective however if I used genosian soldier instead of my tie fighter. Idk if thats your actual team or not but if it is I'd highly suggest you to switch to tie fighter.. you'd see what I mean.

Well geonosian soldier's ship has an assist, and also assists himself randomly. He's like a relentless weak aoe just being in the group. His basic takes turn meter, so he is randomly taking turn meter from their whole team as well. He ups the damage ante. Tie Fighter Pilot would be good too I suppose, but having that assist handy could mean the difference between killing their ship or not especially since it's pretty much guaranteed to be the bonus damage version for target lock.

Not too long ago having geonosian soldier on your squad would lose you ranks on defense because his ai prioritized his basic attack over his assist... He never used his assist under ai control until a patch in the last week or two. It has been fixed, he is effective now.

• Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options
    ZephimyrAC wrote: »
    I'm at 130k and rank between 200-300... I just use ships that I've obtained for my more powerful toons... I don't think I have any synergy.. lol

Poor guy. I'm at 86k power and stay in the top 100 lol. Some shards are tough.
  • SunFacYou
    52 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Well geonosian soldier's ship has an assist, and also assists himself randomly. He's like a relentless weak aoe just being in the group. His basic takes turn meter, so he is randomly taking turn meter from their whole team as well. He ups the damage ante. Tie Fighter Pilot would be good too I suppose, but having that assist handy could mean the difference between killing their ship or not especially since it's pretty much guaranteed to be the bonus damage version for target lock.

Not too long ago having geonosian soldier on your squad would lose you ranks on defense because his ai prioritized his basic attack over his assist... He never used his assist under ai control until a patch in the last week or two. It has been fixed, he is effective now.

Well I'm sure he does fine but what I'm saying is that a team built around target locks needs target locks lol you don't always land them, a extra ship that can add target locks at an extremely high rate with vaders ship in the squad is way better than a few random assists here and there and some tmr. through the length of the battle a few random assists will come nowhere near the amount of damage a target lock will with mace aoe and boba.
  • CemSW
    58 posts Member
    Options
    With 130k power, I'm in 500s, can't get below 500th rank.

I use tarkin, geo soldier, tfp, fives, ahsoka, slave, wedge, sunfac, geo spy.
  • Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    ZephimyrAC wrote: »

Poor guy. I'm at 86k power and stay in the top 100 lol. Some shards are tough.

This right here. Makes me feel guilty for my shard
  • vlad745
    181 posts Member
    Options
    Lots of good input in this thread, so just to add my 2c. As background I am always no1 at my payout (if have time to play) but can fall to 18th overnight. My fleet is 175K power all ships and pilots are completely maxed out except JC who lacks 3 g11 slots and has no omegas. AA lead poe itp fotp 5s biggs replacements maul JC vader. Have also 8 other 7* ships some of them fully maxed like tie reaper, wedge or boba, some of them still needing some work on g11/omegas like rex sun fac sarge's ship or gs ship.

Needless to say that my shard is quite hellish and from what I hear from my guildmates probably one of toughest. Top 20 players are all from top 20 guilds. We are not whales yet but quite large sharks.

1. Ships are in many ways different than regular toons. Most notable difference is that ship speed is limited so that evens out the play significantly. Second obviously just three leads and not that many ships as regular toons. All this points out to more balanced game than for regular toons.

2. Meta just tells u which ships and leads are most common but the interesting point in ships is that within like 20K power band of maxed or nearly maxed ships u can defeat all enemies and they can defeat u as well.

3. Most common strategies in ships are fully defensive, balanced and offensive. All three work equally well in my experience and in my shard none of strategies will keep you from falling overnight. So my advice is that u choose strategy u like and enjoy your play. My fleet is an example of very offensive and fast squad. I like grinding through enemies quickly, especially with 4x auto. With 4x speed the defensive timeout teams lost what I think was the only appeal they had. But that's just my opinion, lol.

4. All three leads have their own pluses and minuses as well as synergies with specific teams. So u need to try to match the team to the lead ship and ur gameplay style. As I said ships are pretty balanced and for now are the home ships as well.

5. My advice is don't invest in more than one capital ship. Save resources for second round of home ships. I only have Ackbar and sit on mountain of cash maths and droids. A guy in my guild has all 3 near maxed so there are different approaches. He uses Mace and balanced team and is No 1 needles to say. I would also limit the investment in large fleet of ships as new better ones will come so no need to go crazy with breath of ur fleet, better to max out best ships u have.

• Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options
    vlad745 wrote: »
    Lots of good input in this thread, so just to add my 2c. As background I am always no1 at my payout (if have time to play) but can fall to 18th overnight. My fleet is 175K power all ships and pilots are completely maxed out except JC who lacks 3 g11 slots and has no omegas. AA lead poe itp fotp 5s biggs replacements maul JC vader. Have also 8 other 7* ships some of them fully maxed like tie reaper, wedge or boba, some of them still needing some work on g11/omegas like rex sun fac sarge's ship or gs ship.

Needless to say that my shard is quite hellish and from what I hear from my guildmates probably one of toughest. Top 20 players are all from top 20 guilds. We are not whales yet but quite large sharks.

1. Ships are in many ways different than regular toons. Most notable difference is that ship speed is limited so that evens out the play significantly. Second obviously just three leads and not that many ships as regular toons. All this points out to more balanced game than for regular toons.

2. Meta just tells u which ships and leads are most common but the interesting point in ships is that within like 20K power band of maxed or nearly maxed ships u can defeat all enemies and they can defeat u as well.

3. Most common strategies in ships are fully defensive, balanced and offensive. All three work equally well in my experience and in my shard none of strategies will keep you from falling overnight. So my advice is that u choose strategy u like and enjoy your play. My fleet is an example of very offensive and fast squad. I like grinding through enemies quickly, especially with 4x auto. With 4x speed the defensive timeout teams lost what I think was the only appeal they had. But that's just my opinion, lol.

4. All three leads have their own pluses and minuses as well as synergies with specific teams. So u need to try to match the team to the lead ship and ur gameplay style. As I said ships are pretty balanced and for now are the home ships as well.

5. My advice is don't invest in more than one capital ship. Save resources for second round of home ships. I only have Ackbar and sit on mountain of cash maths and droids. A guy in my guild has all 3 near maxed so there are different approaches. He uses Mace and balanced team and is No 1 needles to say. I would also limit the investment in large fleet of ships as new better ones will come so no need to go crazy with breath of ur fleet, better to max out best ships u have.

What he said... lol very good advice.

• Options
    I agree with a lot of what Vlad said. But... there is always the best team. Yes, every team can get beatan on def but there are some that are just easier to play.

I wouldn’t go out of my way to farm a toon only for his ship. Luckily the best pilots are under the best toons in the game. Boba, Vader, Maul, Biggs, TFP. Which one of this is not useful? As a f2p myself i would recommend to all f2p - not only is Ackbar with those 5 the best performing team, but you will not waist any energie of farming anything but the best toons and most used and useful in all aspect of the game.
    So regardless of my opinion that this is clearly the most powerful fleet one can get - it is the best value investment in the same time. Why should one go out of his way for something that might or might not perform as good as this combination? If you have some kind of strange fetish towards the worthless of all Jedi or to the second worthless of all empire toons – yes, go ahead – you will still can make a fleet around those that can eventually take first place.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Well I'm sure he does fine but what I'm saying is that a team built around target locks needs target locks lol you don't always land them, a extra ship that can add target locks at an extremely high rate with vaders ship in the squad is way better than a few random assists here and there and some tmr. through the length of the battle a few random assists will come nowhere near the amount of damage a target lock will with mace aoe and boba.

While I agree that making sure you have target lock is a high priority, I don't see any more people being or getting target locked with TFP over GS. The reason being is that 4/5 starting pilots and the command ship all inflict target lock on their basic attack and one of the ships makes target locks automatically refresh. It's not like you have to worry about that ship dying either because no one is going to get through Biggs's ship before they've lost 3. I could take another target locker off of this team and still have the entire enemy team perpetually target locked by the end of turn 2.

After a certain point stacking the same thing has diminishing returns and it is time to stack something else. Throwing another target locker in that squad won't make it more powerful at this point. Throwing some OTHER utility in there will, like tm reduction and continuous assists (he auto assists at a 50% rate and has a regular assist on a 3 turn cooldown. That averages out to over 8 extra attacks every 3 rounds of combat. Having averaged 10 basic attacks altogether in those 3 rounds means he has taken (at least) 150% turn meter from the enemy (or as much as 450%) in those 3 rounds.) You just aren't appreciating how powerful he actually is.
    Post edited by Woodroward on
    518 posts Member
    Options
    To be fairly honest, I don't think there's a meta for ships.

But if you want to know, I agree AA is not that good. He's used by people who stared him and geared him as the rebels meta is quite a big deal in Arena, but in Ships, he worth nothing more than the other.

I love using Fives ship who gives TM to the opponent while I'm using Mace immunity. Plus, you can make a pretty good combo with Fives and Maul plus Mace, you put Taunt on Fives, use protection gain and retribution on him with Maul ability and then you tank all the way down the other ships, if you're in danger you can give protection with JC, etc... And speed up, evasion up and defense up on your entire team with Plo, Ahsoka and JC is quite fun to use.

Clones synergies between each other and the more you use republic ships, the better you get bonuses.
This discussion has been closed.