The Darth Nihilus (Comments) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    spotremix wrote: »
    i didn't find the event any harder than the krennic/dt even or the sith trooper/sith assassin event.

but then again like i said i'm level 85 with pretty much maxed out toons.

Oh its definitely easier this time around. I wasn't able to complete the Krennic/DT event at tier 4 but did this one and the sith one pretty easily. So they've made them easier.
  • Options
    Will we just have a 3 star or will we get a 4?
  • Options
    -1 If you can't counter Nihilus - it's your problem.
  • Options
    I was level 77 and finished Tier 4 with my arena team: Boba TFP Vader RG SF. It was very easy, only SF lost about half life, TFP. RG and Boba didn't even loose their protection.
    Tier 1 was more of a challenge, I have finished it using my 32 level Sidious, level 1 sith assasin, level 12 death trooper, level 12 sith trooper and the big guns : a level 40 Maul :)
  • Options
    Im assuming 3 star almost 4, he is a lot of fun with that one hitter. Krennic was the blunt of my wrath in the last two tiers and one shoretrooper haha
  • Nozone2016
    370 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    _Reaper_ wrote: »
    LOL. Dude, I'm level 66 and I have beaten the last tier of DN event. I'll post screenshots if needed.

Level is generally irrelevant compared to team composition for this kind of thing - post screenshots if it makes you feel epic. OP is trying to help others but inevitably these threads draw out insecurity.

Anyway, beaten with:

EP L/Vader/ShT (4*)/RG/TFP all G8 apart from EP G9

One piece of advice I can give for anyone struggling is you get unlimited attempts so try EVERY variation you can think of. The one I struggled with was Krennic #2 tier IV (when you faced the R1 squad). Eventually what worked for me was Wiggs/IG88/EP/Boba, and it wiped the rebels out without a loss (a guildmate was also successful by including IG88). That team wouldn't have been an obvious combo for me. I think the same would probably apply for this event (try different things until you get closer and closer to a win).

Also, I saved DNs OHKO for Krennic
  • Options
    spotremix wrote: »
    he hits like a wet noodle

not everyone will fill him with speed mods

not everyone will lead him

his annihilate is descent

but he's not a game changer. at least not for me. not even sure i'm gonna build him. i'm more impressed with sith assassin and i think she'd be more useful to me.

i'm not disappointed though as i wasn't really interested in him anyway. i think it's funny all the hype that went on about him like he was gonna be invincible and he's FAR from it.

the game even tells you not to crit/dmg mod him since he's a support with an insta kill people will fill him with shield n speed to keep him alive so baze chirrut n wedge are on the receiving end of his annihilate
  • Options
    im lvl 85, playing since november 2015, finish top5 in my server and im a "dolphin" and i think it is OP, broken and lacks sense. His insta-kill ability should have a larger CD, like lets say for example 16 CD
    Why? because it gets -1 CD for each debuffed enemy after using one of his specials, this means that paired with either sidius or palp or vader or maul or hk or b2 or 88 or any other aoe debuff toon will give him almost instantly a -5 CD, that means a 3 turn CD only. Making it a (for example) a 15 or 16 CD means that nihilus will have to at least hit his -CD special at least twice before he can instakill anyone.

PS: i finished the event, i like the toon, everyone that unlocks him will be in the same spot (there is no advantage if everyone have him) but the reality is that it is another broken toon.
  • Options
    I don't think that he's bad. I was just hoping for a sith equivalent to chaze and just don't see it yet. I could be wrong.
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    Options
    My alt account l81
    Teebo, ee, chirpa, RG, Aalya.
  • Options
    My alt account is level 40-something. All my characters were one-shot in the first round but DN survived and won the battle. He basically solo'd it.
  • Options
    No, not trolling. Was just making sure that you want to know because you have a very mis-matched team atm and it might hurt your feeling. Normally you will need decent arena team to beat challenges and JC/Lumi are usually not viable. To the very least, you need dispeller (or x2) against team with auto/pre taunters.
  • Options
    im lvl 85, playing since november 2015, finish top5 in my server and im a "dolphin" and i think it is OP, broken and lacks sense. His insta-kill ability should have a larger CD, like lets say for example 16 CD
    Why? because it gets -1 CD for each debuffed enemy after using one of his specials, this means that paired with either sidius or palp or vader or maul or hk or b2 or 88 or any other aoe debuff toon will give him almost instantly a -5 CD, that means a 3 turn CD only. Making it a (for example) a 15 or 16 CD means that nihilus will have to at least hit his -CD special at least twice before he can instakill anyone.

PS: i finished the event, i like the toon, everyone that unlocks him will be in the same spot (there is no advantage if everyone have him) but the reality is that it is another broken toon.

You forgort about resist and dodge, you'll mostly never get the -5cd, so you won't be able to use insta-kill before rd 4 and rd5. Clearly not op or broken. By the same time, you could have 2 culling blade, mostly 3 execute or 3 wiggs assist....
  • Options
    They must forget they are playing a 7*, max gear, zetad max level nhilus...
    Also that if his aoe was any better then it wouldn't be very balanced.

Anyways thanks devs for all the work you put into this toon, the animations are on point and he is the toon nhilus deserves. Also you even somehow managed to balance a one hit K.O. I for one am very satisfied with him and just wanted to say that.
  • Options
    That last Krennic challenge was harder, I beat it but not without a moment of like contemplation. The ground war was a bit of a challenge with Duke's going crazy on you.

These Sith events have been a walk in the park, though I'm curious how it goes fighting against him in the last challenge. I guess people complained that it said 75+ in the last challenges and it wasn't really, being level 85 with g11 toons I want to do it again and just try to solo it with Vader and Nihilus.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    It is the current economy of this game. We all get 7* toons free after 6 months. $500 if we want it 3 months earlier and $2,000 if we want it at introduction.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    My main qualm with Nihilus is the animation of annihilate... Think it could've been a little better looking, and more force-power looking.

Hm. Personally I actually really liked his animations, at least they weren't "generic lightsaber swing #25". They were different.
    New to the SWGOH forum
    Star Wars nerd
  • Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    No nihlus devoured entire planets...he is a walking noise muttering death star...his only cure is REVAN....

Make it so devs....make it so...

P.S. give revan some K/A Hk-47 synergy too! B)

dont you mean Meetra Surik?
    Id prefer they bring out Revan before but Meetra should be the anti Nihilus
    My Collection Red Lining the Revan Counter

• Options
    In response to the Zaul team up there. I've been running a fast Zaul team (213 EP, 250 Boba, 200 Zaul, 205 vader), but the issue with Zaul is that the team slows down after the first round. Even with the best mods, you will not be a speedy team after the initial burst. You really don't want to wait another 2 turns for Nihilus to get his Annihilate ready (and that's assuming all enemies were debuffed and his force drain didn't get dodged).... heck, at that time I would have been able to kill someone with culling blade and execute already. After the first kill, you will only be able to force drain a maximum of 4 toons. If your team is half-decent, you will never be able to annihilate a second time.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Slapped in my Empire team and hit Auto

On my alt account I used Lando g11, Phasma g8, Ahsoka g8, STH g10, QGJ g11
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    KueChael wrote: »
    LOL, I give them plenty of ****. But want them to learn patience, and earn what you get in life. Which are 2 lessons f2p has to have in this game to succeed.

They've been playing a year now. So a 3* Nihilus might work for them.

Ea will probably charge $200 to get 80 shards... LOL no thanks.

Overthinking it dude. Just give them your SWGOH account and you play with theirs. You're the fun bad as uncle.
  • Options
    I would like to hear the opinion of experienced players (top 10 arena payout) in mature shards (shards at least 1 year old, with the average player in top 20 having at least 1 zeta ability) on how powerful they think Nihilus is.

There needs to be a basis of comparison. If you don't have a lot of other 7* max toons, of course Nihilus will feel OP to you.
  • Options
    Nozone2016 wrote: »
    Level is generally irrelevant

Being lv66 I can't have g9 and higher toons, no zetas, abilities are lv6 max, etc.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Meeeehga thread! a.k.a. forum purgatory

tumblr_mntr2d32De1qgtanjo1_500.gif
  • Options
    I see rebels being an issue. HP steal is great but if wiggs is blowing you up at huge critical damage rates, can you keep the sith alive long enough to get Nihilus rolling? I still see zader or palp lead working better for more turns.
  • Options
    > people saying he can solo the event

once he gets hit by skill block he's pretty much dead at phase 3
  • Options
    Xioborg wrote: »
    Did anyone notice if your Sith were laying down crits or not? I ran Zaul lead with Nilly guest ally lead and wasn't paying close attention.. to crits.

I ran EP co-lead. Palpatine critted twice that I noticed. I think it was his crackling doom that inflicted the crits. Definitely saw the yellow numbers come up though.
  • Options
    Essej wrote: »
    I don't think that he's bad. I was just hoping for a sith equivalent to chaze and just don't see it yet. I could be wrong.

I'm glad they didn't make a sith equivalent to Chaze, Chaze isn't fun to use or play against, they actually gave the sith weaknesses and strengths that aren't just other characters being counters to them (B2 and Boba against Chaze). They gave Nihilus's leader ability great healthsteal and huge health, but limited other healing (Sid's unique doesn't heal him, neither does Maul's) and limited their critical hits. They gave the sith lots of different possibilities so that we can see what we like to run, and run them all a little differently, with different leaders against different types of teams. Chaze doesn't really have that, they just have three powerful skills each and two unique abilities so they can be tossed into any combination and work efficiently, the sith actually draw power from having a lot of other darkside and sith characters there, which I like.

What I don't like is the Nihilus's Force Drain animation is like a million times cooler than the one for annihilate. I feel like Annihilate could've been so much more :c
  • Options
    I finished all four nodes.... Why is he not unlocked? This is dum
  • Options
    C_Man101 wrote: »
    > people saying he can solo the event

once he gets hit by skill block he's pretty much dead at phase 3

I did solo round 2-3 of fourth tier with him. They got him to low health only in the end of round 3.