The Darth Nihilus (Comments) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    At least wait one week after everyone unlocked nihilus before crying for nerf...
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    4 Reasons it's possible (not guaranteed) Nihilus will NOT be overpowered:

1) He cannot ignore taunt. If his annihilate ability is live and there is a taunt up, he will have to target the taunt - or wait...for another turn.

2) He can be ability blocked (and he's slow) meaning it will be difficult for him to reduce his cooldown if he is blocked early on in the fight.

3) He is his own worst enemy - meaning that if both sides have Nihilus, they will be increasing each others cooldowns (most likely). Now this does lead to another issue I can't stand. Everyone has him, so everyone runs him....so all arena teams start to look the same. Similar to when they first buffed RG with auto-taunt...and everyone's team had RG in a matter of hours. Same with EP. I honestly hope he is not so powerful that everyone has to run him...but I am expecting to be disappointed.

4) Everyone thinks he's OP - so he will be the first and primary target - of everything. Shock, stun, AB, Execute, etc.

Here's the rub: Zaul.

Why Zaul? The 20% tm start. Nihilus has a base speed of 120. TFP of 170 (why pick TFP? Because he's the fastest person in the game, so it's a great example). If you can add 100 speed to each, that's 270 to TFP and 220 for Nihilus. +100 speed is pretty much in range for high end arena, so it's a good number to start with. Given Zaul's leader, Nihilus starts with 20% tm, meaning his first round speed is effectively 220 * 1.25 = 275. In other words, he's faster than TFP. Sid has a max speed of 161. To get him to go just before Nihilus, he would need an effective speed of 276 in this scenario. That means that, after mods, he needs a speed of 276/1.25 = 221 (rounded up), or only 60 in additional speed from mods. If you can come up with another 99 in speed mods, you can just about guarantee five debuffs by making Palpatine (122 base speed) 1 faster than Nihilus as well.

So all mods being equal, you can easily get one, or two, AOE debuffs going, before Nihilus, who can go before the fastest character in the game. Nihilus then gets to use Drain Force, put every ability of the opposite team on cooldown (devs have confirmed that this ability will take an unused ability and put it on cooldown 1) and reduce his annihilate ability's cooldown to either 2 or 0 (depending on whether it's by person or by ability).

It seems like the only counter (again, assuming equal modding available) is a Rex lead to get full tm from the first AOE debuff, and then to make sure you don't target Nihilus (including with an AOE) until Rex has a chance to put tenacity up.
  • Options
    Nihilus seems solid, but it's not as simple as max him = gg.

What toons are you going to put around him?
  • Options
    Also, Zaul will have him stealthed until he goes, meaning you can't target ability block him with Boba -- you have to rely on the AOE sticking the ability block. Which also requires him not dodging.
  • Options
    catcat881 wrote: »
    Just tried Nihilus in Lord of Hunger event, basically all Sith recovered over 10,000 hp per hit under Nihilus's lead and it takes around 3-4 rounds only that Nihilus can inflict instant kill. He may even faster with Zaul's lead. I assume that EA have tested Nihilus well, what do you think?

You do understand that this wasn't JUST Nihilus lead, right? I was running zVader so I got a damange boost and TM reduction on top of Nihilus' leadership ability. THe 12k health I was getting per shot was boosted a lot from Vader's offense and the fact that nobody in the final phase got a shot off on my team was due to Vaders TM reduction and the TM that my squad banked before that final round.

I think Nihilus has the potential, particularly when teamed with Bariss, to be pretty hard to deal with in Arena but anybody facing him just needs to keep him ability blocked and his utility early rounds is pretty meh. Maybe when he gets Zeta'd and when Sith Trooper/Assassin/Dooku's skills are seen under his lead that might change. But for right now I'm still of the opinion that zVader is a better lead for Sith.
  • Options
    spotremix wrote: »
    you can't nerf a toon that is already garbage. he's far from OP.

Say that while he destroys you.

my shard is stuck in the past with wiggs/rebel meta so i won't have to worry about facing nilihus.

i have yet to even see EP in my shard.
  • Olaf
    10 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    catcat881 wrote: »
    Just tried Nihilus in Lord of Hunger event, basically all Sith recovered over 10,000 hp per hit under Nihilus's lead and it takes around 3-4 rounds only that Nihilus can inflict instant kill. He may even faster with Zaul's lead. I assume that EA have tested Nihilus well, what do you think?

You do understand that this wasn't JUST Nihilus lead, right? I was running zVader so I got a damange boost and TM reduction on top of Nihilus' leadership ability. THe 12k health I was getting per shot was boosted a lot from Vader's offense and the fact that nobody in the final phase got a shot off on my team was due to Vaders TM reduction and the TM that my squad banked before that final round.

I think Nihilus has the potential, particularly when teamed with Bariss, to be pretty hard to deal with in Arena but anybody facing him just needs to keep him ability blocked and his utility early rounds is pretty meh. Maybe when he gets Zeta'd and when Sith Trooper/Assassin/Dooku's skills are seen under his lead that might change. But for right now I'm still of the opinion that zVader is a better lead for Sith.

Barriss zeta won't work if you make him lead
  • Options
    spotremix wrote: »
    you can't nerf a toon that is already garbage. he's far from OP.

19789999.jpg
  • TronTheKhan
    650 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    madquills wrote: »
    Super looking forward to the whales running Nihilus, Palp, Vadar, Royal Guard and whoever. And then just never battling those teams because there would be zero point.

Shore would be in there with insta-taunt so you can't take down Nihilus immediately to avoid Annihilation.

Or on a Zaul team he'll get stealthed. Plus his health and prot are close to 55k without mods, good luck on anyone's cr.ap.py Wiggs OHKOing him.
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Next event is sith / first order required to fight him. So many of the beginners and younger players won't get a test worthy 3*.

Personally I'm not worried, I can do it. But I have young nephews that are a little disappointed. I hope it is just the last tier that is sith /fo required. So they could have this cool toon.
  • TronTheKhan
    650 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Well be a nice uncle and get them some gift cards so they can buy their 3* Nihilus!
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    KueChael wrote: »
    Next event is sith / first order required to fight him. So many of the beginners and younger players won't get a test worthy 3*.

Personally I'm not worried, I can do it. But I have young nephews that are a little disappointed. I hope it is just the last tier that is sith /fo required. So they could have this cool toon.

You may want to read the event info again.
  • Options
    You are wrong, check description of the events, nihilus is open for all, assault battles are locked to sith-FO
  • Mageduckey
    699 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Lord of Hunger event isn't Sith/FO only. The following Assault Battle (Places of Power) is Sith/FO only.
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Lord of Hunger
    • Starts: Event 1:Feb 16th
      • Event 2: Feb 18th
      • Event 3: Feb 23rd
      • Event 4: Feb 25th
    • Ends: Event 1: Feb18th
      • Event 2: Feb 20th
      • Event 3: Feb 25th
      • Event 4: Feb 27th
    • Min Level Required: 20+
    • Main Rewards: Darth Nihilus and two other 'to be announced' dark side characters
    • Notes: Open Squad. Bring characters who are strong against Sith!

Places of Power
    • Starts: Feb 25th
    • Ends: Feb 27th
    • Min Level Required: 75 & has 3 tiers (75, 80, & Bonus)
    • Main Rewards: Light Side pilots/Ships and Ship building materials
    • Notes: This is an assault battle against Jedi. Requires Sith and/or First Order (watch out, very difficult!)
  • Options
    My main qualm with Nihilus is the animation of annihilate... Think it could've been a little better looking, and more force-power looking.

He seems like a good support character for Sith teams, but I don't think he's going to be one of those characters that you just toss into every squad, he won't work with most rebel teams or jedi teams because of their lack of debuffs.

I kinda wanna see what he would look like in Jyn (L), Chaze, Cassian, DN though, but other than that he seems like mostly just sith team material.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Options
    LOL, I give them plenty of crap. But want them to learn patience, and earn what you get in life. Which are 2 lessons f2p has to have in this game to succeed.

They've been playing a year now. So a 3* Nihilus might work for them.

Ea will probably charge $200 to get 80 shards... LOL no thanks.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    TofuMao wrote: »
    You are wrong, check description of the events, nihilus is open for all, assault battles are locked to sith-FO

Thanks for un-confusing me.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    KyleKatarn wrote: »
    Darth Nihilus is ready to perform Annihilate on my credit card ;-)

I wonder how quickly I can take out a second mortgage.

LOL
  • Options
    Wow... I knew people were entitled, but are you actually serious? "Oh my god, I have to wait a couple more days to get a new character completely for free?! What an outrage!"

So tired of this mindset, jesus ****... They seriously cannot win. They could give a 7* Nihilus with max gear after a week of events, but because the event didn't max him the first day it's unfair! WAHHHHH!
  • Options
    Relax - next month we will got more powerful toon LOL
  • Options
    Personally I think I'm going to be having a lot of fun with Nihilus.
    I'm player level 72, my highest level character is fives at level 69... Nihilus is going to be very helpful for people at my level doing dark side battles, and I can also see a lot of use in Galactic War. I do think he's massively overpowered from the bit I've seen of him, but I'll be sure to take that in while I can.
    New to the SWGOH forum
    Star Wars nerd
  • Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    This event didn't show jack about how good/bad he is, it only showcased his abilities
    2 first stages is filled with taunters and a healer, last stage taunters 2 DT and Krennic

Yeah, pretty much all we got from this event was what his ability animations looked like
  • Options
    He has an AOE ability block
  • Options
    Mike1980 wrote: »
    OMG!! Like it's going to take 3 days to unlock him, instead of one. OMG that's like totally unfair! I don't think I even want to play the event if that is the case.

And like OMG if I have to wait 3 months to farm more shards to make him 4,5,6, or 7 stars, idk what I'm gonna do with myself.

This is da worst event evar!!! EA please give all the fan boys the next toon at 7* with out having to do any work. Don't even have an event. Deliver the toon and gear and credits in our inboxes for now on. That would be totally fair FTW

Lol, +1. Well played.
    Lasertoast wrote: »
    They seriously cannot win. They could give a 7* Nihilus with max gear after a week of events, but because the event didn't max him the first day it's unfair! WAHHHHH!

Pretty much this. People wonder why they aren't totally transparent with us. Everything they do is just outrageous... smh. Get free stuff, complain about it. Seems legit.
  • Options
    Or Qgj zeta whit yoda
  • Options
    But I want my Nihilus NOWWWW!!!!!! >●<
  • Options
    But I want my Nihilus NOWWWW!!!!!! >●<

HAHAHA!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Nihilus is super slow at 120 base speed, even with the best mods he will still likely go last. Unless under a Zaul.

His speed in the challenge today seemed much faster than what his base speed has (he went first at the start and the empire ai didn't have much speed either so it made DN play like he was fast but in reality he is as slow as vader) plus he had no mods on. I think EA put him on steroids for the challenge making him look alot stronger than what he will actually play like.

DN lead will need to be cc'd or taken down first. If he gets his aoe off of 5 debuffed enemies he will have annihilate ready on his third turn. Basically you gotta kill him within 3 turns. Heal immunity will be important, expose will be huge. Resistance teams will be a good counter. DN is going to add even more diversity in the arena it'll be interesting to see how his speed will effect his viability.

Edit: Look at his gear requirements... you can get him to g10 with the gear that's been stock piling in your inventory. Only gear that might take some time is making the push to g11 as it has a couple gold gear
  • Options
    There is no argument on this one if he can solo round 2 and 3 by himself. I don't know that bc he only got 2 turns before I finished.